Sign in to follow this  
Quakecry

Norwegian forces WIP

This is the WIP of a NorFor pack i'm working on, which will also be its own faction under blufor. As for now i've only done the first two units (pilot and assault) thus far, but i am working on others as well. I am hoping to release a early alpha version of it soon - And from there continue to update them, I also have dreams in the future of getting the HK416 included and some more things, but modelling is not my forte so that will not happen for now anyway.

BHCL4sq.jpg

Esv8nxK.jpg

kwCATJG.jpg

iR7cTKj.jpg

J1JcLkZ.jpg

Good to see you over here QC (Messiah from MP.net) - they're looking good, keep up the good work.

Your Norwegian Camo seems to ignore different parts of the uniform and just keeps going "trough" them without changing. Maybee some more indepth looks would help to make it more appealing and realistic.

And for eyecandy, maybee a flag that looks like this http://www.camotech.com/Images/NORWAY%20FULL%20SUBDUED.jpg for the Vest. Then add up some dirt and distress to the clothing and your sittin pretty ^^.

Any chance you're going to add a Marinejegerkommandoen skin in there ? :)

Do we have jump suits like that in the Norwegian forces? I wasn't aware of that.

But great work! I hope you'll get someone aboard who does vehicles as well, it would be awsome to drive the MB around in ARMA again ;)

Nice work.

One little thing I saw, is that the cross on the Norwegian flag, on the helmet, is pointing in the wrong direction.

This isn't an actual Norwegian Forces mod, this is just QC placing the norwegian camouflage over units. Also, hello Quake, you're not safe from MPN anywhere. ;)

This isn't an actual Norwegian Forces mod, this is just QC placing the norwegian camouflage over units. Also, hello Quake, you're not safe from MPN anywhere. ;)

We do need to keep an eye on him.

Looking good for a first attempt QC.

About the pilot jumpsuit, I have to say that the color, white, is wrong. I'm currently serving a year in the norwegian airforce and speaks with pilots daily. I have never seen a white pilot jumpsuit. Not even when it's snowing.

I have to double post because this is my first post at the forum, and I can't post images in my first post...

---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

This is what they're wearing when flying. A g-force suit.

20111219%20201_innsats2_pilot.jpg

And this is what they are wearing when walking around at the base, not flying.

tekniskpilot.jpg

Also seen here at the picture below.

hogskole_forsvarets_flygeskole1.jpg

Seriously, we need continuation on this mod! I don't like seeing an already finished Danish Forces mod and a Swedish Forces mod in heavy development, but no Norwegian Forces mod. C'mon people, let us Norwegians unite and create an awesome Norwegian Forces mod! Til Valhall! :D

Doesn't Norwegian Armed Forces use Ops-Core FAST as a standard issued helmet?

Edited by Corvinus

Seriously, we need continuation on this mod! I don't like seeing an already finished Danish Forces mod and a Swedish Forces mod in heavy development, but no Norwegian Forces mod. C'mon people, let us Norwegians unite and create an awesome Norwegian Forces mod! Til Valhall! :D

I think Denmark and Norway shares so many similar systems right? So better to coordinate some.

Perhaps the CV9035 could be done "jointly" as we done many times before.. since back in OFP days and norway might get the F35 from BIS. So just need a jeep or something?

I think it would be cool to see a Norwegian mod too, i like to make joint operations missions with the army's of the Nords (old viking warriors should fight side by side :) ) so please make the Norwegians and lets hope the Danish Armed Mod also will continue there work too :)

Scandinavian Power ;)

That's right, although some of the soldiers in the Army still use the old M/12 helmet. M/12: http://krigeren.dk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/hjelm-m12-revision-cobra.jpg

You posted a picture of the new Cobra helmets that Denmark are using. Norway as far as I know do not use them nor are they "old" and fairly recent.

where are the viking helmets ???

jk.. great work. the pilot sute may be wrong. but since this game takes place in the future. there are some room for creativity, not everything needs to be 100% accurate. i actually like the white sute. :)

You posted a picture of the new Cobra helmets that Denmark are using. Norway as far as I know do not use them nor are they "old" and fairly recent.

That is right that helmet that got posted is much newer than the ops core fast helmet that the norwegians uses

I would love you to release this - as a UK citizen looking to emigrate to Norway I would love to see some Norwegian forces in ARMA :) - quick question, are you planning on including FSK/HJK units?

if you need FSK reference I found this album :) http://imgur.com/a/EcfAm

Edited by IINAYDOGII
add Ref. material