Sign in to follow this  
hollywoody

How do I insert a Helicopter ?

Hey Group,

I'm new to this but I'm hoping someone can explain when first creating a mission... how one can insert a Helicopter and how to arm it so it is flyable by players? I tried to insert but all I can get is a helicopter with AI occupying the pilot and copilot seats. Thank you in advance.

Hollywood

See under "EMPTY" section in the editor (but you HAVE to put a playable unit on the map first).

Place a player unit first, the you get another "Side" option upon the next placement which is called "Empty". The you will find empty (duh) vehicles.

:EDITH:

Darn Ninja's :p

Thanks, Is there actual label for "helicopter" to choose from? if not, what is the label for Helicopters? sorry guys im new to this.

Class: Air

Unit: MH-9 This is an example

Give him some guns man!!!

Unit:AH-9 not MH-9

Thanks, Here's a question... How does one quickly delete an Heli? I don't see a delete option.

FYI: to delete multiple drag the green box around all units and press shift + delete

Myke;2348517']Place a player unit first' date=' the you get another "Side" option upon the next placement which is called "Empty". The you will find empty (duh) vehicles.

:EDITH:

Darn Ninja's :p[/quote']

For the life of me...LOL, I can not find this side option "Empty" can anyone be more specific with an example of how to navigate to this "empty" so one can insert a player flyable heli, on the ground, with no AI in it? Thank you all again for your help.

For the life of me...LOL, I can not find this side option "Empty" can anyone be more specific with an example of how to navigate to this "empty" so one can insert a player flyable heli, on the ground, with no AI in it? Thank you all again for your help.

Once again, put a playable unit on the map first, THEN you'll find the EMPTY section.

Prof,

I have been inserting a playable Heli...should this be "unit"? maybe this is why I dont see the empty? Thanks

Prof,

I have been inserting a playable Heli...should this be "unit"? maybe this is why I dont see the empty? Thanks

Mmm... put a soldier or whatever unit on the map, that is controlled by the player (double clic on it, then browse "control" to choose "player").