Sign in to follow this  
Baltsar

Defend Survival Mode Co-op AI waves, help needed!

Hello Arma 3 fans and creators.

I wish to make a Co-op mission for my friends, the idea is to hold a fishing village with diffrent AI Opfor waves, the AI attack waves shall not come all at once, they will come after each other and getting harder and harder. There should also be limited ammo and weapons so you really fights for survival, like Saving Private Ryan when they defend the bridge.

For example, we killed 80% of the wave and the next wave will come. (why 80%? because most of the AI bugs out and get stuck in buildings)

I've learned the basics of the editor and I have some questions that I can't really find right now. First one:

What's the optimal way to make diffrent waves of enemy? I know there is waypoints that can be set to trigger, but Ive read about dynamic spawns (module) is that the way to go?

Second:

Is there a good tutorial with more advanced trigger use?

Third:

Can I set Civilian as hostile to Opfor? for additional objective there should be a player Civilian that we need to protect

Thanks for all the help and I will credit you guys who help me the most in the map!

Third: AFAIK civilians don't like OPFOR by default. But you can also enforce it using the setFriend-Command.

Third: AFAIK civilians don't like OPFOR by default. But you can also enforce it using the setFriend-Command.

Thanks for the answer,

I set that command in INITIALIZATION at the civilian that I'll spawn then?

What's the optimal way to make diffrent waves of enemy?

This is an good question. What's the best for the server to keep 50fps?

Have a nice Day !