gvse

Christian.1987's Mp7 ported to A3

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Mp7 v2.21

required_addons.png

Only required if you wish to use the Additional config:

FHQ Accessories pack

===================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

A busy day today. Ive just realized how much easier my (and your!) life is when it comes to mixing and matching different configs extending compatibility of the mp7! For details and downloads of R3F and Iansky attachment configs go to the first post.

And here two snaps of the mp7 with iansky's rds sight:

m1gb47byy8d76843g.jpg

31vk4m9tcekr25h3g.jpg

I can't use the FHQ attachments on the MP7 for some reason. I'm running the FHQ config, R3F config, and the FHQ bonus config. I think it's probably a conflict between the FHQ bonus and the FHQ MP7 configs.

I can't use the FHQ attachments on the MP7 for some reason. I'm running the FHQ config, R3F config, and the FHQ bonus config. I think it's probably a conflict between the FHQ bonus and the FHQ MP7 configs.

yep, i was a bit too enthusiastic about the possibilities or perhaps i need to find a solution. For now you can use either FHQ or R3F or Iansky's. You MUST have the base config, i.e. "c1987_mp7_c.pbo"

I tested the MP7 in an night-time mission today and was quite disappointed by the fact, that the reddot (of all zeiss_aim variants) seems to be nearly invisible on a dark backround. Is there a chance for this to get fixed?

If someone just pointed me in the right direction, I might try it myself :)

Edited by ProDomo

Tbh, I haven't used it much myself as the FHQ micro cco is my preferred optic. You mean the dot is nearly invisible while using NV goggles or without them?

I mean the red dot isn't glowing by itself. It looks as if it is a common texture, and thus only "glows", when another source of light is nearby. It doesn't matter if you use NVGs or not.

I guess I will use other optics myself though it is sad that the especially designed optics don't work in said operating conditions

Hey GVsE! I´ve just discovered (doing some tests vc IanSky scopes, FHQ conflicts etc) that the Zeiss is a Generic Attachment (I can attach it to vanilla weapons and others that enherit their proxies) so in the next update could you please take a look at your config (not the fhq acessories config or ianksy, but the main c1987_mp7_c.pbo) ´cus maybe it´s helping with all the conflicts we´ve being experiencing =/

Love your work, I know it´s not your fault, but unfortunatly we have no offical adress from BIS regarding this so we must try to fix ourselves... thanks for addressing my suggestion for Mp7 and Mp9 as sidearms, now they´re in all my VAs loadouts ;D

Ohhh, if it is not too much extra work on the config, could you make the fire selector move as we change firemodes, it´s such a cool ArmA3 feature that any that has it is a blast ;D

Keep up the excelent work, man! Cheers

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Hi, GvsE. Thank you for your works. :)

Oh, BTW

;2522047']I´ve just discovered (doing some tests vc IanSky scopes' date=' FHQ conflicts etc) that the Zeiss is a Generic Attachment (I can attach it to vanilla weapons and others that enherit their proxies) so in the next update could you please take a look at your config (not the fhq acessories config or ianksy, but the main c1987_mp7_c.pbo) ´cus maybe it´s helping with all the conflicts we´ve being experiencing =/[/quote']

That's right. Maybe because the CowsSlots class is assigned outside CfgWeapons class. Maybe it apply to your MP9 addon as well. Well, that's just my opinion....

Sorry for my poor English....

Edited by AgapheM

;2522047']Hey GVsE! I´ve just discovered (doing some tests vc IanSky scopes' date=' FHQ conflicts etc) that the Zeiss is a Generic Attachment (I can attach it to vanilla weapons and others that enherit their proxies) so in the next update could you please take a look at your config (not the fhq acessories config or ianksy, but the main c1987_mp7_c.pbo) ´cus maybe it´s helping with all the conflicts we´ve being experiencing =/[/quote']

I am not quite sure what the problem is. Do you mean that the zeiss optic is causing some sort of conflict with other optics and other weapons, or the other way round, that it helps avoid conflicts? Please clarify.

As for the animated selector, it requires more work than just editing model.cfg. I am currently quite busy at work and it's cutting into my gaming hours, not to mention modding time so it will take a while before I provide a new update of this. I am going to write a config extending compatibility with iansky's attachments, though.

As usual, I appreciate the comments and I am glad you guys use the addon! :)

EDIT: new extra config is up (see 1st post): use it if you have all three packs (FHQ, R3F, IanSky)

Edited by GvsE

That's right. Maybe because the CowsSlots class is assigned outside CfgWeapons class. Maybe it apply to your MP9 addon as well. Well, that's just my opinion....

And that's how it should be. Enough that BIS made it hard for attachment mods to get along, if modders start defining them all over the place then it's just going to be harder. If the attachment is a generic one that goes on the Piccatiny rail, it should be defined in the root class just like BIS does for the others: CowSlot or PointerSlot. Then all that needs to be done to make several addons compatible is to create a small config that would list all attachments in these classes.

Yeah, that's why you'll able to mount Zeiss optic on vanilla weapon (If not conflicting with other addons). Agreed that rails specified attachment configs would be better than weapons specified attachment configs....

Edited by AgapheM

Hey folks,

thanks to Alwarren, who has allowed me to use his anpeq15 model, you'll soon be able to be even more tacticool with your mp7 and mount that laser on the top rail :D

8brbrheg4zbbh8o3g.jpg

do3idz8t91ffba13g.jpg

33w91ss0w5sbeqh3g.jpg

;2522047']Hey GVsE! I´ve just discovered (doing some tests vc IanSky scopes' date=' FHQ conflicts etc) that the Zeiss is a Generic Attachment (I can attach it to vanilla weapons and others that enherit their proxies) so in the next update could you please take a look at your config (not the fhq acessories config or ianksy, but the main c1987_mp7_c.pbo) ´cus maybe it´s helping with all the conflicts we´ve being experiencing =/ [/quote']

Same conflict here! fix this please, love and respect your work and continue with the same thing. thx!

Edited by igu4na

I am not quite sure what the problem is. Do you mean that the zeiss optic is causing some sort of conflict with other optics and other weapons, or the other way round, that it helps avoid conflicts? Please clarify.

As for the animated selector, it requires more work than just editing model.cfg. I am currently quite busy at work and it's cutting into my gaming hours, not to mention modding time so it will take a while before I provide a new update of this. I am going to write a config extending compatibility with iansky's attachments, though.

As usual, I appreciate the comments and I am glad you guys use the addon! :)

EDIT: new extra config is up (see 1st post): use it if you have all three packs (FHQ, R3F, IanSky)

Yep, the Zeiss is causing a conflict for the IanSky Scope (if not using your config) and for Kiory´s SUSAT... how about including the SUSAT in your config? (and all our immediate problems will be solved) ;)

If the firemode selector animation is tricky, just scrap my suggestion (or save it to a less busy time.. someday... somehow... =)

Cheers

hey very nice and so good work. I love this Mod.

Butt there´s a Bug. My Marpat RedDot on the MP7 is pixeling / smoothing, when i look right oder left (change my view). The contours blur on the marpat reddot?

Is that established??

Hey folks,

thanks to Alwarren, who has allowed me to use his anpeq15 model, you'll soon be able to be even more tacticool with your mp7 and mount that laser on the top rail :D

----Could you improve the ironsights texture quality?

;2530823']Yep' date=' the Zeiss is causing a conflict for the IanSky Scope (if [b']not [/b]using your config) and for Kiory´s SUSAT... how about including the SUSAT in your config? (and all our immediate problems will be solved) ;)

If the firemode selector animation is tricky, just scrap my suggestion (or save it to a less busy time.. someday... somehow... =)

Cheers

Well, you can edit the config and add some accessories by yourselves. I've even edit the main config file and avoid accessories compability conflict....

;2530823']Yep' date=' the Zeiss is causing a conflict for the IanSky Scope (if [b']not [/b]using your config) and for Kiory´s SUSAT... how about including the SUSAT in your config? (and all our immediate problems will be solved) ;)

Cheers

sure, i can add kiory's susat to compatible attachments. will do that for the next update (addressing the peq on the top rail)

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

hey very nice and so good work. I love this Mod.

Butt there´s a Bug. My Marpat RedDot on the MP7 is pixeling / smoothing, when i look right oder left (change my view). The contours blur on the marpat reddot?

Is that established??

You are right: something is odd. ill see if there's anything i can do about it.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

----Could you improve the ironsights texture quality?

Sadly, there's very little I can do. Ironsights in this addon have a separate dedicated texture, which is of relatively low resolution. What it means is that as you zoom in while aiming all the imperfections will stand out. I already edited out / smoothed the texture to eliminate pixels that looked good from the distance but not up close (ugly squares). Those two white dots WILL be pixelated as you zoom in, nothing I can do there. What I did, though, was get rid of the bumps in the normal map that made these dots protrude: that did not look good in some lighting conditions. now they are flat, as if painted, but I think the end result is a little bit better. As I said, though, not much room for maneuver in this texture.

hey guys,

a tiny update regarding the peq: since now the back of it will be staring you right in the face ive added a small detail to that part (it was missing in Alwarren's version: compare the snaps below with the ones from my previous post). Btw, I know it's a small thing, probably not worth writing about, but Im really happy every time I manage to improve an addon. Here are the snaps:

eoielj1wkd7vn6e3g.jpg

6vgo1vudj6qtaw33g.jpg

You know, GVsE, it is not a small thing (Ok, it is a small detail, but it really annoyed the lack of detail in that battery knob of the PEQ-15, but I´ve never complained cus Alwarren is helping a lot this community and I didn´t want to sound ungrateful lol) and the black model is a nice addition!

Really anxious for your next update and the new configs (almost all optics available to mess with, YAY!)

Keep up the great work, man!

Hi, IanSky's new optic iansky_deltapoint doesn't works with mp7 & mp9...

It is possible to add an update of your configs?

The addon updated to version 2.3:

- new top-mounted peq (Alwarren's model)

- several extra configs ensuring compatibility with other addons

- slightly tweaked desert texture

- slightly tweaked ironsight texture

Enjoy and gimmie some love cause ive been very busy at work. :/