gvse

Christian.1987's Mp7 ported to A3

Thanks Alwarren!

Since we are on an island, and since ive just learnt how to apply new camo textures, Ive decided to go with one more camo variant: cool dark blue. :)

1u8bcwwyh86cy634g.jpg

OK, the new version is up. Check the first post for the download link.

Highlights:

1. custom suppressor in different camo variants

2. z-point sight in different camo variants

3. smg muzzle flash

4. new AI engagement ranges

5. new inventory icons

Thanks to pomigit, you can now enjoy all these different camo textures!

Well, folks, it's been a lot of work, so enjoy and leave a nice comment ;)

I take no credit for the blue gun. That ones all GvsE :p

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Mp7 [bETA] v2.1

required_addons.png

Only required if you wish to use the Additional config:

R3F French Weapons Pack

FHQ Accessories pack

===================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi GvsE! It's been quite a while. I haven't spend much attention on ArmA3 recently so I had completely missed your MP7 release. Yesterday I did spend some time testing it and and I liked it very much. Congrats on a job well done! The camo versions are especially nice so good job to pomigit as well!

Another small update that's in the works:

two new variants:

1. compact one with front grip and stock collapsed/folded

o3irmg2r6dsf41b3g.jpg

s8dbk0w5fgw3neg3g.jpg

2. front grip folded

90o7yraqdtaxnzv3g.jpg

The changes are purely cosmetic but introduce some variety.

Ill also be extending the stock on all variants so that it is close against the shoulder.

Nice to see further development on the MP7, GVsE! Someone have already suggested that on another thread, but I´ll ask anyway: is it possible to code an optional config addon so the MP7 (or the MP9 when it´s released) becomes a secundary weapon and uses the pistol slot in the inventory? It would be super-useful as a PDW for snipers (right now I use the gimmick of holding the MP7 in the backpack, but if it´s on the pistol slot, the defensive draw is almost instantaneous ), think about it ;D

Keep up the great work, cheers

;2496345']is it possible to code an optional config addon so the MP7 (or the MP9 when it´s released) becomes a secundary weapon and uses the pistol slot in the inventory?

Here's the deal: Im not crazy about it but Im not against it either. Given that as it stands Im already maintaining 3 separate configs for 3 different addon combinations (which is a tedious and tiresome task), I ask you or anyone interested to provide the config code necessary to have an mp7 variant used as a secondary. Ill incorporate it in the addon.

Hey GvsE,

Nice to see you're still enhancing this. While you're at it, please consider using hiddenSelectionsTextures instead of duplicating weapon models for each camo variant. I can't tell what it involves on the modelling side, but the config is easy, look at how they did the Mk20. Also the config can be simplified a lot so it would not be so tedious to maintain, can't promise it will be fast work but I'll try to help if you send me the latest version of the config sources.

OK Robalo, Ive sent you an email. Thanks for your help!

Perhaps also consider trying to make the folded front foregrip something you can change on the fly as opposed to being a separate model. I noticed Purple managed to make the stock extendable on his benelli m4. Maybe ask him how he did that.

hey pomigit, Ive just taken a look at that benelli and I don't like this solution for two reasons: there's a "fold stock" option visible all the time in the middle of the screen and there's a script error (at least on the dev branch). If there was a key that would let you fold/unfold stock on the fly then that'd be a different story, but as is, even if the error gets fixed, there'll be one more option added to your scroll down menu.

Quite frankly, apart from the increased file size (only slightly as ill be doing these variants only in black color) i dont see many drawbacks of having duplicate models for different variants.

Hi,

want to thank you for such a great pdw-mod!

We use it since your release...

Keep up the great work!

Thank you kindly! Always nice to hear :)

OK, so Robalo has once again rewritten the config, Ive done my bit and here you are: a variant of the mp7 as a sidearm. it's held as a pistol and has higher recoil.

I still need to fix the inventory icons for these new variants but everything should be ready some time next week.

And here some happy snaps ;)

sm3fkicl56odrgl3g.jpg

d9h6a9uaa2wtewr3g.jpg

bcdvoaa4l8juxsb3g.jpg

YAY! And nice idea to use the folded handle version as sidearms... are you going to ask Robalo to make the same config for the incoming Mp9?

I´m exhilarated by this post! Many kudos for both ;D

The folded Mp7 looks sweet, is there any chance that you'll make an action that folds/unfolds the mp7?(aka, replaces the sidearm version with the main gun version, no animation needed)

The folded Mp7 looks sweet, is there any chance that you'll make an action that folds/unfolds the mp7?(aka, replaces the sidearm version with the main gun version, no animation needed)

This would require scripting, and I am not good at that. If anybody volunteers to write such a script than ill incorporate it. If that happens then ideally the fold/unfold action prompt should not be visible on the screen all the time (as is the case with Benelli, which I explained a few posts above)

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

;2510521']YAY! And nice idea to use the folded handle version as sidearms... are you going to ask Robalo to make the same config for the incoming Mp9?

I´m exhilarated by this post! Many kudos for both ;D

:D thanks!

yes, Robalo is on board for the mp9. There's a delay due to Alwarren's absence but once he returns the project will continue.

Just a heads up that the new version is live so go to the first post to get the download link.

As indicated above, the highlights of this update are the new variants with folded stock/grip and the sidearm version.

My personal thanks goes to Robalo, who has kindly rewritten the config.

I have stopped using the R3F attachments (nothing against R3F! I just like the FHQ sights so much.) so that config is missing but if there is a demand for it ill add it.

Edited by GvsE

Just a heads up that the new version is live so go to the first post to get the download link.

As indicated above, the highlights of this update are the new variants with folded stock/grip and the sidearm version.

My personal thanks goes to Robalo, who has kindly rewritten the config.

I have stopped using the R3F attachments (nothing against R3F! I just like the FHQ sights so much.) so that config is missing but if there is a demand for it ill add it.

Being able to use this as a sidearm is fantastic, thanks a lot! One comment though, it has no recoil on full-auto, whereas the semi-auto recoil is pretty high.

Are you going to change sidearm mp7 model? It will be really good if we have nice grip and extended stock at sidearm mp7 and some nice reload animation :)

Being able to use this as a sidearm is fantastic, thanks a lot! One comment though, it has no recoil on full-auto, whereas the semi-auto recoil is pretty high.

Actually these are BIS recoil settings for the pdw2000 (both for single and auto). Which weapon's full auto recoil settings would you say were ok?

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Are you going to change sidearm mp7 model? It will be really good if we have nice grip and extended stock at sidearm mp7 and some nice reload animation :)

No. Having the mp7 as a sidearm means the holding animation is hardcoded, i.e. your avatar will hold the weapon like a pistol. Extending stock and unfolding grip would be pointless as they'd be hanging in the air (stock too far from the shoulder and front grip not utilized).

The sidearm's reload animation is a known issue but if I change it, that would affect the mp7 as primary, and I don't want to do that. You'll have to learn and live with it.

Thanks to Robalo we have a recoil fix. Go to first post for details.