Sign in to follow this  
Yairweinberg

unclear when I hit

I played the other day the Scuba showcase and got up to a high point to start engaging the enemy I fired a couple of shots and brought down one enemy

Then while shooting at another I saw I wasted 10 shots on that guy... I was using a scope I only saw 2 bullets hit the ground I thought the rest hit him but I'm not certain anymore. Usually I engage at a closer range and see when I hit but when I'm further away I don't and its unclear when I hit and when I miss. It also happened on a DM server and a Wasteland server.

Is there anyway to make it more clear? Or maybe any advice from veterans on how you see it. Or maybe I'm the only guy who cant.

I played the other day the Scuba showcase and got up to a high point to start engaging the enemy I fired a couple of shots and brought down one enemy

Then while shooting at another I saw I wasted 10 shots on that guy... I was using a scope I only saw 2 bullets hit the ground I thought the rest hit him but I'm not certain anymore. Usually I engage at a closer range and see when I hit but when I'm further away I don't and its unclear when I hit and when I miss. It also happened on a DM server and a Wasteland server.

Is there anyway to make it more clear? Or maybe any advice from veterans on how you see it. Or maybe I'm the only guy who cant.

The SDAR is a close range weapon with a range of 30 meters.

Meaning you need to be closer than 30 meters to kill em'

(or just get another gun, but then you wont be able to kill underwater)

What Mathiask1 said regarding the SDAR... in general though, the server/mission may allow "kill" messages, but that's the only indicator besides seeing the body go limp, although there's currently no "wounded" animation.

The SDAR is close ranged only if you leave the SCUBA ammo in, change the magazine to normale ammo and you're set...

Yay!

The SDAR is close ranged only if you leave the SCUBA ammo in, change the magazine to normale ammo and you're set...

Yay!

Oh yea, forgot to say that in my reply :D

Bro-tip: don't try to shoot up the base. Just drop an arty on enemies you see then go take a launcher and finish the mission.

Why shoot up the base forcing yourself into constant reload spam when you can just follow the mission briefing?

I managed to grab the launcher without the enemies even seeing me...

Yay!

I managed to grab the launcher without the enemies even seeing me...

Yay!

Do you have OCD? What's up with saying "Yay!" after every single post?

---------- Post added at 10:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

And wtf is up with people having my little pony pictures???

Thats off topic.

Screw the topic, I'm scared...

Do you have OCD? What's up with saying "Yay!" after every single post?

---------- Post added at 10:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

Well, in my language it's called "Chiudipost" (literally "post closer"), I have no idea how to translate it in English though...

Yay!

Well, in my language it's called "Chiudipost" (literally "post closer"), I have no idea how to translate it in English though...

Yay!

Fair enough.

BTW. whats up with the thread title?

"Nuclear Unlcear... when i hit"?

Dosent make sense.

Edited by Mathiask1

Unclear? lol.

:)

Its now official, theres something wrong with my PC.

Lol I am so confused right now xD

He means it is not clear to him when he does or doesn't hit somebody with small arms fire underwater. :p

Lol I am so confused right now xD

He means it is not clear to him when he does or doesn't hit somebody with small arms fire underwater. :p

I know that, but for some reason my PC didnt show the title right. (dont ask why cus i have no clue)

ask another friendly squad to confirm your kill. thats how it's done in arma and thats how it's done in real life.

I think its meant to be hard to know a hit because thats how it is in reality. In fact the dust kicks in the ground are too big.

If the target doesn't go down then you missed. Remember its very important to lead the target if its moving. (I have a feeling that bullet speed in ARMA is a bit slow)

Shalom ;)

Well. I just hope they never add any kind of hitmarker.

Theres something about shooting at someone, and not knowing exactly if they died, or not.

Arma is like the Walking Dead, unless you see them go down assume they are still alive.

I do agree that the "feedback" of a hit is lacking in this game and actually most others. The people act like paper targets - the bullets seem to simply pass though them without any resistance (without any kinetic energy transferred from the bullet to the body) and they slump lifelessly to the ground. This is how a hit looks like (probably a 7,62mm or ~.308) in real life. I've seen very few games do it right. The best probably being Crysis 2 (funny, right?), where you see each hit knocking the enemy off balance. I've heard Rage did this good as well. Haven't played Crysis 3 yet.

Most rounds don't knock a person around like you see in action movies. Other than the fact that ragdolls need work the current system is fine (I prefer no "impact" over highly exaggerated). Providing distinct feedback on hits is definitely something better left for the arcade-y shooters.