Sign in to follow this  
Hammerballz

[Request] Walkable Interior of Vehicles

Voted the ticket up and with that said, it saddens me a little we have to vote for literally basic features like this and prey that it may or may not one day get implemented if I'm really honest. It's understandable BI needs to draw some line between the VBS and arma but when this series will get a proper treatment in form of weapon resting, walkable interiors, shooting out of vehicles & choppers, ability to climb and so on?

I don't want to come as overly critical, but better lighting, animations, bigger island doesn't quite cut it IMHO, even though I acknowledge it's only in alpha stage still.

Yes, we got physx and ragdoll but would any of you get the next arma with slightly improved arma 2 physx and upgraded graphical fidelity? I'm aware arma is focused on infantry but you can only walk around for so long before getting bored and admittedly I still rather enjoy armor / ground vehicles, so from that point, vehicle units do complete the series.

It is my feeling that it's time to step up and beg BI for features that I naively assumed would be already off the box in arma 3.

^

This.

We don't want a VBS....we just want 1% of the cool stuff that it has....Things that should have been already in the Arma franchise.

There were lots of times in the past lookin' for an alternative because of various disappointments.

I want ARMA3 to be my ULTIMATE game-my "sandbox' for almost anything.

This feature has been requested for years now..

Sounds awsome what about HALO etc jumping freely too or RV's roll the windows down shoot etc

Voted the ticket up and with that said, it saddens me a little we have to vote for literally basic features like this and prey that it may or may not one day get implemented if I'm really honest. It's understandable BI needs to draw some line between the VBS and arma but when this series will get a proper treatment in form of weapon resting, walkable interiors, shooting out of vehicles & choppers, ability to climb and so on?

I don't want to come as overly critical, but better lighting, animations, bigger island doesn't quite cut it IMHO, even though I acknowledge it's only in alpha stage still.

Yes, we got physx and ragdoll but would any of you get the next arma with slightly improved arma 2 physx and upgraded graphical fidelity? I'm aware arma is focused on infantry but you can only walk around for so long before getting bored and admittedly I still rather enjoy armor / ground vehicles, so from that point, vehicle units do complete the series.

It is my feeling that it's time to step up and beg BI for features that I naively assumed would be already off the box in arma 3.

Quoted post for trueness. couldn't have said it better.

Unfortunately you may interpret what you will about what the folks at BI who make decisions have chosen to prioritize as far as their development priorities... :( Though I would add that BI and BISim aren't quite the same company, definitely not the same devs... and none of us can afford to directly contract BI to add these to the Arma games. ;)

The funny (or worst) thing is, moving around moving ship/surface vessel interiors was implemented in VBS2 as far back as Real Virtuality 2/the Arma 1 engine. :eek: According to this whitepaper on numbered page 34, PDF page 39, mentions that "freely move around transiting ships" was due for VBS2 v1.61, along with being able to move through ship interiors below the waterline, though in my skimming I didn't find any mention of moving around freely within any other vehicles.

Unfortunately you may interpret what you will about what the folks at BI who make decisions have chosen to prioritize as far as their development priorities... :( Though I would add that BI and BISim aren't quite the same company, definitely not the same devs... and none of us can afford to directly contract BI to add these to the Arma games. ;)

The funny (or worst) thing is, moving around moving ship/surface vessel interiors was implemented in VBS2 as far back as Real Virtuality 2/the Arma 1 engine. :eek: According to this whitepaper on numbered page 34, PDF page 39, mentions that "freely move around transiting ships" was due for VBS2 v1.61, along with being able to move through ship interiors below the waterline, though in my skimming I didn't find any mention of moving around freely within any other vehicles.

Videos on youtube show you can put vehicles on the back of other ones (such as putting a land rover into a c130, or a tank transporter carrying a tank), and you can walk inside of things like the sea stallion whilst they are moving. (and shoot out of them too!)

Voted +1 Totally differnt game but look at Nova Logics JO's LCAC's, interiors of flying helicopters,tops of tanks various land vehicles. Was'nt part of the switch to PhysX supposed to help make things like this possible in ArmA?

Voted +1 Totally differnt game but look at Nova Logics JO's LCAC's, interiors of flying helicopters,tops of tanks various land vehicles. Was'nt part of the switch to PhysX supposed to help make things like this possible in ArmA?

not really no. help yes, make it possible no. For VBS was possible before Px

Hmm well I remember the days when swimming(improved/advanced compared to A1-A2) an scuba was only a pipe dream so maybe we'll see this finally happen.

Great idea. I hope BIS likes this:)

VBS is a training tool, its designed to be used in-depth on most all aspects of military training, but in detailed segments, i.e. spend hours on how to correctly load onto ‘whatever it is’. That’s the way it should be as a learning tool, I like realism, but lets not have two hours spent loading bits and pieces correctly, or how to move in convoy with correct spacing etc.

Its not designed to be a game, most of what VBS has, we don’t need the in-depth detail. It would be nice to have some things, but I would not compare the two, training tool and game.

I have played VBS2 as a game and its not rewarding in that respect, for me anyway. The ai is shockingly bad, but the in-depth detail, as in military hardware and the rest, is fantastic. But I have an imagination and can except that something has happened without necessarily seeing every detail of how it did happen. In a game you want to get on and play, yes detailed missions, with as much realism as you want (for a game), but you still want to get on and play missions that are also entertaining..

If everything from VBS was put in the arma series, there are only a few that would bother with more than 20% or so of what’s on offer or how it should be used correctly.

At least walking from a moving ship or a flying airplane is interesting. HALO jump situation for example or trying to intercept a ship that was taken by some pirates.

At least walking from a moving ship or a flying airplane is interesting. HALO jump situation for example or trying to intercept a ship that was taken by some pirates.

^this, its not like people have been asking for ALL the VBS things, just the ones that would add to gameplay.

Several Games use such systems where you can actually move on a moving ship/vehicle what ever. Simpliest Example could be : Half L*fe. So I think this would be pretty awesome in ArmA 3 ! It will definitly open new ways for Players like HALO Jumping, like mentioned before Naval Warfare with Submarines, Carriers and Planes ^^

Submarines don't exactly need you moving around inside unless it was Silent Hunter or something. :p Carriers and planes though, no argument from me.

Submarines don't exactly need you moving around inside unless it was Silent Hunter or something. :p Carriers and planes though, no argument from me.

I think this is what most people are on about, these and ampib assault ships (or using helos and small boats from things like destroyers and frigates)

Vote up my Feedback Ticket then... Check out the first Post for the link! ;-)

I don't care about walking around on cargo planes or ships (it would be nice, yes)

but shooting while on a helicopter or truck is both realistic and fairly common.

Screw walkable interiors, let me drive up a car into a C-130 to transport to another airfield or to airdrop a humvee. It was terrible driving a truck up in a C123 only to have the plane fall on it's back moving the plane an inch in the Unsung mod.

Being able to put anything in a vehicle without an attachTo script would be awesome. At least an action to secure and unsecure objects locking them onto a spot of the vehicle.