Sign in to follow this  
pvtdancer

[Co-oP] Take the Airfield

Requirements: These maps were created using the Dev Patch's I'm sorry I didn't put this up to start with it just slipped my mind that this could cause issues. HERE Is a guide from the BI Dev's on how to enable this feature if you do not know how.

Description: This mission is the first of 2 missions in taking Stratis island the follow up mission can be found here. Stratis Island is under the control of an oppressive military force. Before we can take the rest of the island we need to capture the airfield. (30 Player CO-OP, Respawn = Base)

Objective: Eliminate all enemy forces in airfield.

Intel: We have a squad of soldiers positioned just south of the airfield ready to infiltrate by land. To the north we have a squad of ships to assault the airfield by sea. We know of pending reinforcements near by, the longer you stay undetected the better.

Download V1.2 (Files melt mirror)

Take the Airfield Co-30 [ALPHA] (Armaholic mirror V1.2)

Known Issues:

Tasks don't show up on Dedicated servers.

Please update this thread with any issues or suggestions I would love to hear what you think as this is the first of 2 missions.

A big thanks to the VAS boys for the ammo box :D

Note: I have set a script that allows players to spawn with their same load out they had on death.

Edited by PvtDancer

Updated this mission with a Briefing file so now objectives and briefing show up correctly even in dedicated servers. the armaholic mirror is still V1.0. I'll be updating Repel and Capture as soon as I can work on it.

Thanks for playing!

Ok...for those like me that are used to PBOs but not scripts - I downloaded the 1.1 version and I take it that I just put the extracted folder with everything in it into my MPMissions folder? After doing this I could at least see the mission but when I started it, it came straight back with an error...this mission is dependant on -A3_Soft_F_Ifrit which has been deleted.

It should say Alpha [Development] then the version after it it. if it doesn't then you're not. Also I just got done playing it a bit and noticed the the Airfield has received some changes to the buildings there. I will be correcting where the enemies are located to fix them all grouping up and try and get that up this weekend.

Hey All, Here is a list of updates I've made to this latest V1.2.

-Added Intro

-Reverted Tasks back to module tasks as the briefing file wasn't completing with the Trigger.

-Corrected Enemy placement to account for recent map changes with the latest [DEV] patch

I hope you all enjoy this version! please leave some comments on what you like\don't like and I'll keep improving this mission and more I make in the future! Thanks for playing!

It should say Alpha [Development] then the version after it it. if it doesn't then you're not.

I'm not running a development version then and I get the same error on the latest build. Every other mission or mod I've tried works fine, online too for that matter. Would be good if someone else could try this out and report back...

Edit : Don't why I didn't try another mission before - seems I've got some corrupt files here.

Edited by HackerSlasher

@Minicus: Thanks for trying it out, also don't forget this is just the first half of a 2 part mission as well. Link for the other mission is up at the top under description.

@HackerSlasher: That sucks man. I'm assuming you've verified your files on steam?

and a minor thing I'm working on now is the UAV image in the beginning not pointing anywhere I've been able to get it on the water just not pointed to land yet! very minor yes but I would love to have that looking right.

Edited by PvtDancer

@HackerSlasher: That sucks man. I'm assuming you've verified your files on steam?

Turns out that my games drive is shafted - disc check giving constant errors after saying it's cleared them.

Hey ho, I knew it wouldn't take much of a reason to grab a 512Gb SSD or two...

LOL No better excuse right there! Good luck with your upgrade! love dem SSD's

Update:

Armaholic links have been updated to the latest Version (1.2)