Sign in to follow this  
Montgomery

CIA - SAD Operators

CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY

SPECIAL ACTIVITIES DIVISION

UPDATED 03/22/13

th_SAD-13_zpsa6a82beb.jpg th_SAD-12_zps8f0098d4.jpg

The Special Activities Division (SAD) is a division in the United States Central Intelligence Agency's (CIA) National Clandestine Service (NCS) responsible for covert operations known as "special activities". Within SAD there are two separate groups, one for tactical paramilitary operations and another for covert political action. The Political Action Group within SAD is responsible for covert activities related to political influence, psychological and economic warfare. The rapid development of technology has added cyberwarfare to their mission. Tactical units within SAD are also capable of carrying out covert political action. A large covert operation usually has components that involve many, or all, of these categories, as well as paramilitary operations.

Special Operations Group (SOG) is the department within SAD responsible for operations which include the collection of intelligence in hostile countries and regions, and all high threat military or intelligence operations with which the U.S. government does not wish to be overtly associated. As such, members of the unit (called Paramilitary Operations Officers and Specialized Skills Officers) normally do not carry any objects or clothing (e.g., military uniforms) that would associate them with the United States government. If they are compromised during a mission, the government of the United States may deny all knowledge.

The SOG is generally considered the most secretive special operations force in the United States. The group selects operatives from Delta Force, DEVGRU, 24th STS and other special operations forces from within the U.S. military.

SOG Paramilitary Operations Officers account for a healthy majority of Distinguished Intelligence Cross and Intelligence Star recipients during any given conflict or incident which elicits CIA involvement. An award bestowing either of these citations represents the highest honors awarded within the CIA organization in recognition of distinguished valor and excellence in the line of duty. Given the microcosm complex that CIA service tends to cultivate and develop within the organization's comparatively small ranks in combination with the military background of such a large contingency of the agency's active members; receipt of either of these awards is viewed with utmost admiration almost universally across the "family" of U.S. intelligence services. SAD/SOG operatives also account for the majority of the names displayed on the Memorial Wall at CIA headquarters indicating that the agent died while on active duty, most likely during the execution of a covert operation or other high-risk assignment in accordance with the founding principles of Special Activities Division.

CIA SAD OPERATORS VERSION 0.2 BETA

0.2 CHANGES

• changed uniform texture
  • removed helmet
  • added custom baseball cap (thanks to Binkowski for help)
  • removed all the different roles (medic, marksmen, etc.)
  • created one role (SAD Officer)
  • SAD Officer is able to act as a medic
  • changed primary weapon and weapon attachments
  • cleaned up config

A big thanks goes out to Ryujin, Binkowski, Sabre, DaveyGary, DeadMeat, Ballistic Addons Studio, Rhodite, Shadow, Jackal326 (SJB), RKSL-Rock, Da12thMonkey, SafetyCatch, Ardvarkdb, and all the other addon makers and community contributors who have inspired me over the years.

DaveyGary let me use a config from one of his recent addon releases as a starting point. He also gave me pointers and advice for texturing the units. Thanks DaveyGary!

This is my first addon and I am sure there are many things that can be improved on. Please do not hesitate to contact me or post in the BIS forums if you have advice or comments.

The units can be found in the editor under BLUFOR > Blue > CIA SAD.

CREDITS

BIS: Models, Original Textures

DAVEYGARY: Original Config

MONTY: Edited Textures, Edited Config

DISCLAIMER

For personal use only. Do not edit without permission. I claim no responsibility for any damages this addon may cause, use at your own risk.

DOWNLOAD LINK

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxLsjl9KyaeNMlQ2MkZmQ0ttZms/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Montgomery

Great looking MOD, but I cant seem to get it loaded when I start A3. I went and added it into the Launch Options and it does not start. Also I download the new A3 launcher and it does not come up as a available mod to use. Can you offer any suggestions.

You will need to either make a new mod folder or add the .pbo file to an existing mod folder. You can look on the Armaholic download page for further details on installing addons.

Montgomery thanks, I added it to an existing/working mod folder and I worked. Gotta remember that trick.

Montgomery thanks, I added it to an existing/working mod folder and I worked. Gotta remember that trick.

No problem man. Every addon doesn't need it's own mod folder. You can throw almost all of the addons into one mod folder. The only thing I keep separate are things like CBA (Community Based Addons), sound mods, etc. I usually put all my units, weapons, islands, etc. in the same mod folder.

These are work in progress screenshots of the next version of my SAD Officers. I've replaced the helmets with hats and made some other small changes. I will be releasing the next version soon.

th_SAD-11_zps44b38c99.jpgth_SAD-10_zps56b346ce.jpgth_SAD-09_zps27dd948e.jpgth_SAD-08_zpse10a1113.jpg

nice !!! great work ;) !!!

Best Regards

massi

There is a new version available, check original post.

Played around with these boys the whole day and had lots of fun. Awesome units, thanx for sharing.

Nice units. man, I wish we had blue jeans and khaki pants to help add a mixture of civilian attire and tactical gear for your units, especially with your latest version having the ballcaps. Is it possible for you to edit the t-shirt uniform texture since all the civilian uniforms are in shorts and sandals?

Nice units. man, I wish we had blue jeans and khaki pants to help add a mixture of civilian attire and tactical gear for your units, especially with your latest version having the ballcaps. Is it possible for you to edit the t-shirt uniform texture since all the civilian uniforms are in shorts and sandals?

That's something I'll have to look in to. It would be awesome if I could mix in some civilian clothes.

Thanks for sharing this mod, it's simply awesome at the very least!

Would you please troubled post up the classlists? I'm primarily interested in the classlist for the hat.

Thanks!

For civilian cloths there is a civilian polo shirt and pants in the bi civilian folder. There was a class config put together to make him range master. You can do like our delta unit did use the model make some more versions of the textures(under armor, reds, blues, greens. and make the same just change the pants color to blue jeans) It looks nice and you get a nice rolex watch to wear just make sure instead of the civilian class you reference blue for because you will look naked to blue for because of the faction reference.

Sorry for Necromansing this thread.

I need the name of the back packs being used for the mod.

Need to add ammo and things to the backpacks, so something like........

_this addBackpack "B_carryall_base";

Also, the vest they are using.

I need to add items to the vest using script.

Thanks

Edited by Kommiekat

Could someone please help me?

I'm trying to get ammo and stuff into the vest of these units, using a script, but I don't know what the vest is called in the script.

For example, here is the script I used for the backpack they are equipped with:

Using this in the units INIT box:

0 = this execVM "lrrp_pack.sqf";

NOTE: I want to keep the equipped backpack, so I did not use this in the code:

removebackpack _this; //gets rid of the current backpack

Script:

_backpack = unitBackpack _this; //creates a variable for use in the rest of this script
_backpack addWeaponCargo ["Rangefinder",1];
_backpack addItemCargo ["H_HelmetB",1];
_backpack addItemCargo ["FirstAidKit",2];
_backpack addWeaponCargo ["NVGoggles"];

_backpack addmagazinecargo ["SmokeShellGreen", 1];
_backpack addmagazinecargo ["SmokeShellRed", 1];
_backpack addmagazinecargo ["SmokeShell", 1];
_backpack addMagazineCargo ["Chemlight_yellow", 5];
_backpack addMagazineCargo ["ClaymoreDirectionalMine_Remote_Mag", 1];

So, I don't know what to use for the VEST. Seems that it is a Carrier Lite (Coyote) Name V_PlateCarrier1_cbr.

Lastly, the SND for the Rifle they are equipped with.

They seem to be using a TRG-21 6.5Â mm Name arifle_TRG21_ARCO_point_F.

What Muzzle can I use for this rifle and how do I add it?

addweapon?

additem?

Full explanation would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Wouldn't "_vest addmagazinecargo ["SmokeShellGreen", 1];" work?

_this addVest "V_PlateCarrier1_cbr";

_this addweapon "arifle_TRG21_ARCO_point_F";
_this addPrimaryWeaponitem "muzzle_snds_H";

Help any?

Edited by BadHabitz

@BadHbitz,

Hi, thanks for your response.

I'll give this a go and see what happens. Not sure I need this:

_this addVest "V_PlateCarrier1_cbr";  

because they are already wearing that vest, as per the mission maker of this mod had built them.

But will try it out tomorrow.

Thanks!