Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

[GSC] Green Sea Conflict - WIP

Loving this, can't wait to be able to try it out. The older uniforms are looking good; would it possible to get a screenshot of the PRSZ unit in a more green area, say to the west of Kamino or something? Also, the camouflage on the PRSZ unit looks somewhat odd to me personally; is it possible we could have an opinion to use one more like the PCDF variant?

Edited by Kaelies

Looking great, keep up it up :)

These look great, will you be releasing the helmets and vests in a separate pack for mixing and matching?

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Also, is the PRSZ ammo vest pack Modular?

I haven't had tears of joy like this in a while. Custom CDF and PASZ units....thank you Sir.

Loving this, can't wait to be able to try it out. The older uniforms are looking good; would it possible to get a screenshot of the PRSZ unit in a more green area, say to the west of Kamino or something? Also, the camouflage on the PRSZ unit looks somewhat odd to me personally; is it possible we could have an opinion to use one more like the PCDF variant?

PCDF PASZ camo on left, New camo on right: (Ignore the shiny helmets, I'll fix that).

MmGOPi2.jpgsOpEuJg.jpg

These look great, will you be releasing the helmets and vests in a separate pack for mixing and matching?

The helmets and vests will not be released seperately. The main reason for this is because my vests don't fit onto regular arma 3 infantry quite properly (a bit of clipping here in there). I'm not a modeller (I've just learned my way around Oxygen2 and photoshop), so fixing this is way beyond my skillset.

GSC equipment will not be advised to be mixed with other content, but people can do what they want (I obviously can't stop you, but I can warn you).

If I eventually do fix it up so that they work properly with other arma 3 units, then I can look into releasing a seperate equipment pack.

Also, is the PRSZ ammo vest pack Modular?

Is this what you meant? I have one model for the base uniform, another model for the helmet and two different "vests" there. They work just as you'd expect any equipment in A3 to work via the inventory system.

QzKY6z8.jpg

Thanks for the reply, those look really good. Also I don't know what type of helmet this is but it might be a good fit if you could get in contact with the author. (nixo)http://s3.postimg.org/m7kjyzxgi/coscript4.jpg.

Contacted Nixo a long time ago, I have the MLODs from his CDF Conscripts pack.

That's what my uniform base model and the Chicom styled Chest-rig in the PASZ screenshots is from. I have that helmet as well, it's just not implemented into my configs yet.

(Note: Full credits of the models I use will be listed at addon release).

Awesome, thanks for the screenshots. Looking great :) I assume this means both variants of camo will be available for the PRSZ to choose from? Can't wait to try them out in-game, this has made my day.

I remember there was also a vest like the CDF one in the first screenshot for the thread, in a greener shade for the PRSZ. Is it possible to get a screenshot of the PRSZ units with that vest on?

Awesome, thanks for the screenshots. Looking great :) I assume this means both variants of camo will be available for the PRSZ to choose from? Can't wait to try them out in-game, this has made my day.

I remember there was also a vest like the CDF one in the first screenshot for the thread, in a greener shade for the PRSZ. Is it possible to get a screenshot of the PRSZ units with that vest on?

Both camos are available, correct.

I'll take a screenshot once I have it setup. I'm pretty sure hiddenSelections are not supported on vests yet so I have to make a copy of the model and change the texture paths.

I think E3 units (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149563-E3-Units-(new-camos)) has camo vests and bandoleers using default BIS models, so I think hiddenSelections probably work. If not, maybe you could ask them for how they did it?

Either way, they probably don't currently work for the vests GossamerSolid is adding. That would need to be added to the model.

Either way, they probably don't currently work for the vests GossamerSolid is adding. That would need to be added to the model.

Ooh, I see. Thought he meant the engine doesn't support hiddenSelections for vests yet.

Ooh, I see. Thought he meant the engine doesn't support hiddenSelections for vests yet.

That is what I meant on my original post. I tried to use it back at alpha release, BIS could have snuck it into a patch somewhere or I could have been doing it wrong.

Also adding hiddenSelections to the models isn't an issue as I have the MLODs at my disposal.

Open the UV Mapper -> Select all of the texture in the model -> Create new Selection "Camo". Make sure the model.cfg supports it and bam, you have a hiddenSelection.

I will try again today and see what happens.

That is what I meant on my original post. I tried to use it back at alpha release, BIS could have snuck it into a patch somewhere or I could have been doing it wrong.

Also adding hiddenSelections to the models isn't an issue as I have the MLODs at my disposal.

Open the UV Mapper -> Select all of the texture in the model -> Create new Selection "Camo". Make sure the model.cfg supports it and bam, you have a hiddenSelection.

I will try again today and see what happens.

So Kaelies was right? Dude, hiddenSelections have been in since Day 1. Here's how you do it (example from my addon):

class V_PlateCarrier1_atacsar_crye: V_PlateCarrier1_rgr
{
 displayName = "Crye Plate Carrier (A-TACS AR)";
 model = "\A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_vest02";
 hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"};
 hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"sf_us_5sfg\SF\US\Data\platecarrier_camelbak_atacsar_crye_co.paa"};
 class ItemInfo: ItemInfo
 {
  uniformModel = "\A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_vest02.p3d";
  hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"};
 };
};

And this works for vests and headgear. Uniforms are a little tricky.

Edited by antoineflemming

mmmmm I was doing it in the iteminfo block...

How amateur of myself...

Say, I noticed the screenshots you had earlier had units holding AK-74s, and I remember your PCDF mod had several weapons which were added. I was wondering whether you were planning to include just the uniforms and units for now, or also have weapons, vehicles, and such added before you make a release?

By the way, how did the vests turn out? Looking forward to hearing more about the mod!

Say, I noticed the screenshots you had earlier had units holding AK-74s, and I remember your PCDF mod had several weapons which were added. I was wondering whether you were planning to include just the uniforms and units for now, or also have weapons, vehicles, and such added before you make a release?

By the way, how did the vests turn out? Looking forward to hearing more about the mod!

Everything besides vehicles is currently planned. Vehicles will probably be held off for final release of ArmA 3.

So hows stuff going? :3

18.MP is ready to help out in anyway it can to see its mothership in ArmA 3 :D

If theres anything I can help out please let me know, wish to see CDF in ArmA 3, surely not only me :)

So hows stuff going? :3

18.MP is ready to help out in anyway it can to see its mothership in ArmA 3 :D

If theres anything I can help out please let me know, wish to see CDF in ArmA 3, surely not only me :)

I have nothing new to show yet, been busy with other things :)

I have nothing new to show yet, been busy with other things :)

Aite! By the way a suggestion, what about giving a KLKM or Kamush a try on the PRSZ?

Recent events in the Ukraine have got me on a A3 eastern europe mission making binge, and your CDF project is a pretty close match. I'm using the AAF as placeholders for now but hope to swap them out when possible.

Arma 2 is actually eerily similar to current geopolitics so I can imagine your mod is pretty interesting to a lot of people at the moment. Keep up the good work!

i was actually working on a CDF 2035 mod, its been stalled for a long time now but i hope to get back to it