Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

[GSC] Green Sea Conflict - WIP

Hey fellows,

This is my WIP thread for my eventually upcoming mod, Green Sea Conflict.

If you are familiar with my mod on A2: Combined Operations, Project CDF, then you will feel right at home.

Let's start with a WIP pic of the CDF soldier:

PXVjUWI.jpg

Note, the helmet and vest are actually modular like any other ArmA 3 piece of equipment. So you can drop the helmet and pick up another, same with the vest and uniform.

Good to see, and glad to hear it's modulated. How is the base model without the vest?

Yes Yes Yes! Finally some CDF Stuff... Keep it up! Awesome!

Good to see, and glad to hear it's modulated. How is the base model without the vest?

Showed it to you in Skype, but I guess others will probably want to see it too:

CpTIOuC.jpg

Showed it to you in Skype, but I guess others will probably want to see it too:

http://i.imgur.com/CpTIOuC.jpg

Looks great, was it easy to get them into game as i assume they are custom models?

Looks great, was it easy to get them into game as i assume they are custom models?

It was relatively easy to get them in, as in playable, but it's hard to get them to look nice due to the shape differences between A3 and A2 soldiers.

I used MLODs I have access to from some of my mods (and some others that I worked on).

It was relatively easy to get them in, as in playable, but it's hard to get them to look nice due to the shape differences between A3 and A2 soldiers.

I used MLODs I have access to from some of my mods (and some others that I worked on).

Sounds good, i will have to look at how easy it is to get some of my Nogovan's in game. :)

Will this be an Arma 2 era (2009) mod or a Arma 3 era (2035) mod? I assume it's Arma 2 era since it's Green Sea Conflict but just asking.

Will this be an Arma 2 era (2009) mod or a Arma 3 era (2035) mod? I assume it's Arma 2 era since it's Green Sea Conflict but just asking.

ArmA 2 Era

ArmA 2 Era

Glad to hear. I think it would be hilarity to see CDF troops with Iranian Sci-Fi helmets and ridiculous future stuff.

Glad to hear. I think it would be hilarity to see CDF troops with Iranian Sci-Fi helmets and ridiculous future stuff.

You could technically do it, just a simple config change :)

Because future means sci fi? right... What I was asking was more of PASGT vs MICH type future. CDF wouldn't be wearing Iranian gear anyway.

btw, Iranian helmet isn't sci fi anyway, it's just a rather strange design

Because future means sci fi? right... What I was asking was more of PASGT vs MICH type future. CDF wouldn't be wearing Iranian gear anyway.

btw, Iranian helmet isn't sci fi anyway, it's just a rather strange design

Not like it particularly matters. This is his addon anyway, I was merely expressing my view. No more, no less. What he decides to do in his addon is his own business.

damn those arma 2 models look really dated.

While they aren't the quality of BIS' soldiers in A3, I still think they hold their own.

damn those arma 2 models look really dated.

Making new base models is a pain and time consuming. Especially with the weighed selections. And as Gossamer said...

While they aren't the quality of BIS' soldiers in A3, I still think they hold their own.

I completely agree. I think they hold their own as well.

The Weighting is a huge pain in the ass. Oh god.

If people thought it was bad in A2, they are in for a shock.

It might also be that I'm doing 100% of my modelling side of this mod in O2, 3DS or whatever tool people use might have easier weighting, not sure.

Excellent, good to see the Arma 2 fictional factions make a return. Will there be a green/woodlands texture as well, for glorious multicolored Stratis?

And, if it isn't asking too much, would there be a possibility of ChDKZ/Chedaki, maybe as a reskin of the CDF troops?

Thank you for making this in either case, it's looking great so far.

It's good to see these guys on Arma 3 ! good job, I'm looking forward to it ! by the way have you uploaded the textures resolution or it's the same as arma 2?

It's good to see these guys on Arma 3 ! good job, I'm looking forward to it ! by the way have you uploaded the textures resolution or it's the same as arma 2?

Same textures I used before

Excellent, good to see the Arma 2 fictional factions make a return. Will there be a green/woodlands texture as well, for glorious multicolored Stratis?

And, if it isn't asking too much, would there be a possibility of ChDKZ/Chedaki, maybe as a reskin of the CDF troops?

Thank you for making this in either case, it's looking great so far.

As in PCDF, the People's Republic of South Zagoria will be present in GSC.

@GossamerSolid are you using the same uv maps as they were for A2 and just modified the soldiers torso and body for A3?

Edited by R0adki11
typo

Looks very nice. I can start planning to covert Black Forest mission for ArmA3. :)

@GossamerSolid are you using the same uv maps as they were for A2 and just modified the soldiers torso and boy for A3?

Correct.

I still have more work to do on the body reshaping. Then I have to re-weight parts of the vest as it is still clipping around the shoulders.

I love the helmets as well as everything else of course! You've captured my interest!