Changes since r23:

• Fix race condition when ejecting vehicle cargo
  • Add a zero where there should have been one since 1864
  • Cleanup abandoned Transportduty vehicles faster
  • A3: Reworked paradropping, players have to open chutes manually now
  • A3: Add predefined support trucks if none in autolist
  • A3: Split RHS US Faction into Woodland / Desert
  • A3: Fix Player / AI Comm built autonomous statics non-functional

Hey thhamm, my son nagged at me to rent an ArmA3 server so i gave in. Although i downloaded the ArmA3 version of crCTI i never really played it.....until now. Just want to say thanks for an excellent and addictive conversion. We've been playing it on the server today for many hours, until we all got hungry. And we're playing it tomorrow as well. Keep up the good work as crCTI is a true gem! ;)

Thanks to all the guys working on this or who have worked on this! ;)

My son nagged at me to rent an ArmA3 server so i gave in.

:D you're a good father! :)

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

New Version: 1.18 r26 (17.2.2015)

Downloads:

http://www.vsbw.de/~arma/

Changes:

• Minor fixes, cleanups and tweaks

It would be nice to have a Headless Client available... ;)

And it would be even nicer if it would have a real impact on performance, instead of an esoteric effect, as it does have now.

But that's something only BIS can change.

It would be nice to have a Headless Client available... ;)

Well, thinking about it ever since HCs came up in OA, but not sure if its worth the effort ...

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

And it would be even nicer if it would have a real impact on performance, instead of an esoteric effect, as it does have now.

But that's something only BIS can change.

Even no real effect on server fps? Server fps is the main problem for me right now. I mean since forever. :)

Well, thinking about it ever since HCs came up in OA, but not sure if its worth the effort ...

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Even no real effect on server fps? Server fps is the main problem for me right now. I mean since forever. :)

zorrobyte described it pretty good in this thread and in the linked feedback tracker.

http://puu.sh/fMTfj/56c946d475.png

http://puu.sh/fMSZl/7017bd2ffc.png

http://puu.sh/fMTjb/665c2b454b.png

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22676

It's important to note that the AI still simulates as expected (as in they don't freeze for connected clients), as only the server stops simulation for AI in this test with enablesimulation false. This works in inverse as if you run AI only on server and enablesimulation false those on HC, FPS increases.

New Version: 1.18 r28 (25.2.2015)

Downloads:

Changes:

• Display warning if client / server version mismatch
  • Remove flags from inactive towns
  • Only spawn civilians / civilian traffic if FPS above 20 fps
  • Despawn active civilians / civlian traffic if FPS below 15 fps
  • Tweak vehicle unflip
  • Remove debug stats parameter
  • Add admin functions parameter
    Enables / disables eg. joining disabled side in COOP / taking command if server admin (see r11)
  • Add three buttons to Options Menu for admins (if enabled):
    Clean: Clean up abandoned / stuck vehicles immediately, empty garbage collector
    Kill: Disband all OPFOR/BLUFOR units, trigger Clean as above afterwards (use with caution! :))
    Stats: Display debug statistics
  • JIP failure messages have to be acknowledged by player now

New Version: 1.18 r28 (25.2.2015)

Changes:

• Display warning if client / server version mismatch
  • Remove flags from inactive towns
  • Only spawn civilians / civilian traffic if FPS above 20 fps
  • Despawn active civilians / civlian traffic if FPS below 15 fps
  • Tweak vehicle unflip
  • Remove debug stats parameter
  • Add admin functions parameter
    Enables / disables eg. joining disabled side in COOP / taking command if server admin (see r11)
  • Add three buttons to Options Menu for admins (if enabled):
    Clean: Clean up abandoned / stuck vehicles immediately, empty garbage collector
    Kill: Disband all OPFOR/BLUFOR units, trigger Clean as above afterwards (use with caution! :))
    Stats: Display debug statistics
  • JIP failure messages have to be acknowledged by player now

Nice one thhamm.....;)

As I promised thhamm, a small donation to buy a few beers or whatever. If you keep coding this for the next 200 years I may make another donation. ;)

As always, really appreciate you keeping this alive! Loves ya man!!!!!! :D

1LY36195ER97163**

I think LordJarhead (LJ) is my next donation victim......ha ha haaaaa!!!!!!

Guys, glad to see crCTI alive. I miss OFP days, so... I'll release couple of smaller maps intended for this mode ;)

Guys, glad to see crCTI alive. I miss OFP days, so... I'll release couple of smaller maps intended for this mode ;)

Nice to hear that.

crCTI was never dead. For most of the people crCTI is obviously to hard.:rolleyes:

But if you are once climbed the mountain you will know why this was the most played mission in OFP.

Size of maps does not matter much cause the A3 version of crCTI can deal with every size.

You should pay most attention on roads as the ai movement has changed somehow.

Panthera is looking awesome but the high mountains makes the ai stuck. They try to go the shortest ways.

You can see at altis what BI did with hundred of smaller roads connected together, so the ai wont drive through woods or stuff like that.

Dont need to be exactly same like this but paying attention on roads should be good.

Cant wait to see your next islands done.:bounce3:

Known islands ?

What about Aussie's Australia map :P

Edited by mazza

Regarding headless client: I've had some tests with becti and zorrobytes's HCCache script (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?188760-ZBE_HCCache-Essential-for-Headless-Client-users/page2) and it showed some really good results. I think adding headless client capability is a necessary step for crCTI to increase performance. But it should not offload all AI to the HC but instead divide AI load between server and hc equally.

As I promised thhamm, a small donation to buy a few beers or whatever.

:) thanks. donations to my beer, smokes and steamgames fund are always appreciated. :)

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Regarding headless client: I've had some tests with becti and zorrobytes's HCCache script (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?188760-ZBE_HCCache-Essential-for-Headless-Client-users/page2) and it showed some really good results. I think adding headless client capability is a necessary step for crCTI to increase performance. But it should not offload all AI to the HC but instead divide AI load between server and hc equally.

Yeah, as is said. Thinking about it since HCs came up. But this could mean some serious rewriting of stuff. Have to do some tests first, if i have the time.

:) thanks. donations to my beer, smokes and steamgames fund are always appreciated. :)

Then it's a fair trade thhamm, because crCTI is always appreciated! ;)

New Version: 1.18 r29 (17.3.2015)

Downloads:

Changes:

• Reduced Server Main Loop / AI Comm Loop intervals
  • Clean up support vehicles if clean triggered by server admin
  • A3: Fixes for current DEV branches / upcoming Marksmen DLC
  • A3: Support Bipods

New Version: 1.18 r29 (17.3.2015)

Hello,

Is there any Archive of crCTI KB Edition?, I want to try an older version because I'm getting stuck at the Initializing Client screen with the latest two (r28 and r29). I only have a super old one, v1.17 r34. By the way, I'm playing on LAN+ACE.

v1.17 r34 works fantastic but the newer versions fixes a lot of issues, the major one is "Force AI to fire on base buildings if able".

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

Is there any Archive of crCTI KB Edition?

Not yet, but i can arrange that for the future.

I want to try an older version because I'm getting stuck at the Initializing Client screen with the latest two (r28 and r29). I only have a super old one, v1.17 r34.

Damnit whats with JIP already. I can't pinpoint it. Some have Problems, i don't and our clan neither. Please send your RPTs, Server and client. You're sure its working with v1.17 r34? And always try without mods if it's working "vanilla".

By the way, I'm playing on LAN+ACE.

Sorry, hadn't time yet to try ACE, but how are you playing on LAN? Hosting on the Client? Same machine dedicated server? Separate machine?

v1.17 r34 works fantastic but the newer versions fixes a lot of issues, the major one is "Force AI to fire on base buildings if able".

If 1.18 r27 worked, i can upload it again. Though i haven't changed anything that *should* affect JIP. But please send your RPTs anyway.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Oh, are we talking about A3 here? :)

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

And did you change any game parameters? And if, how? (Like town distribution etc.)

Sorry for the delay, I tried it on another PC which is practically new, so I reinstalled everything there but no difference, even BattleEye. I launched the game with Steam, with a bat and with PlayWithSix but no difference.

My conclusion is that it requires a Dedicated Server to be able to play the newer ones, I will try that tomorrow.

Oh, are we talking about A3 here? :)

ArmA 2 CO. I couldn't find any post related to crCTI KB on ArmA 2 section, so to avoid having many of them I posted this here. :P

Sorry, hadn't time yet to try ACE

I'm using the latest ACE+CBA versions:

- @ACE v1.14.0.597

- @ACEX v1.14.0.372

- @ACE_RU v1.14.0.77

- @ACE_SM v1.14.0.107

- @ACE_USNavy v1.14.0.79

- @CBA_CO v1.0.1

Apparently this is the only bundle of ACE+CBA that doesn't bug the ammo on the tanks. And I only could download it through PlayWithSix.

How are you playing on LAN? Hosting on the Client? Same machine dedicated server? Separate machine?
You're sure its working with v1.17 r34?

Same machine, no Dedicated Server, the 'v1.17 r34' worked fine that way. I found weird that this is happening with Warfare BE v2.071 as well (ACE only), all Islands except Zargabad, the only one that loads the ACE configurations (the splash screen when initializing).

And did you change any game parameters? And if, how?

I tried everything. From not touching a thing to lowering everything e bit, Etc. :P

And always try without mods if it's working "vanilla"

Also stuck on Initializing Client with the Vanilla KB (I've only tested Takistan), this seems to be the problem, it must need a DS.

Not yet, but I can arrange that for the future
If 1.18 r27 worked, i can upload it again

That would be nice. I appreciate your concern about my problem, do not take it as a 'must to fix' since I only play this on solo :P, there are just a few people interested on playing crCTI on ArmA 2, which is almost impossible to do so because the Time Zones (and ping).

I have you to thank you and the team for making this incredible CTI, and for keeping updating it. For me it is the best mission out there that have the OFP essence on it, too bad most people prefer to play DomiTrollation and Lagfare, they are missing so much. :)

Edited by ghostsweeper

Ok, this is a bit odd.

I tried r29 today with OA, the old 1.62 version, 1.63 "stable" and 1.63 "beta". I tried hosting directly via Multiplayer and launched the dedicated server on the same machine.

No problems with JIP. :O

But: I don't launch via steam and don't use playwithsix, just started the .exes

So, send your .RPTs.