Sign in to follow this  
DAP

Arma 3 - Insurgency on Stratis

Fantastic Mission!

I do have a request, and it might be a big one... Could you make a version with a Headless client?

If not no worries, the mission runs great either way but still would improve ai performance!

Thanks for your hard work.

Edited by JaFuzz

Love this mission. Best one released, for sure.

If it had ACRE radios and support it would be perfect.

Love this mission. Best one released, for sure.

If it had ACRE radios and support it would be perfect.

I second that, I tried to add acreboxes myself in the editor but they don't show in the mission.

FYI, I'm a editornoob so I probably missed something ;)

I second that, I tried to add acreboxes myself in the editor but they don't show in the mission.

same here

you have to add them in the script. I only know the old insurgency for Arma2, dunno how it is in here..Only went to lobby , saw that there is no opfor and hopped out. In A2 there was a mobile hq and stuff..All being created by the script, so you might add the acre Box in there.. If it's a static base just place the box in the sqm file ..

DAP, could you add some random Ifrits patrolling the area?

And about the chopper, they are getting too close to the ground. Is there a way to make them hover higher?

How do you use the transport\evac feature? I press 0-8 then evac\transport and they always answer no. Delta squad leader,Alpha doesn't matter they always say no. what gives?

Lil help please.

How do you use the transport\evac feature? I press 0-8 then evac\transport and they always answer no. Delta squad leader,Alpha doesn't matter they always say no. what gives?

Lil help please.

To use the evac, you need to stay far from the base.

The transport feature is avaiable to team leaders only, and there are two ways to request it.

1. Open your map, move your mouse over the location, request it and wait.

1.1. If you're in the base, the helo will wait until you enter it.

1.2. If you are away from the base, the helo will take off, pick you up and head to the selected location.

Ps.: If you requested the evac/transport, you'll have to be the last to enter the helo, or the other will be left behind.

Ahh! I need the map click. Thanks Rodrigues I'll try that. Would help if that was in the briefing.

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

I take it you have actually tried this and didn't just read it off the mission description. I get the same response. Can't comply. I've tried it with both versions of Arma3 and get the same results.

Yea I've tried using the map,Bino's looking at the ground with no luck. Unable to comply is the response i get every time. Can anyone shed some light? Are the helos able to transport at this time?

it works for me every time I use it.

I will explain step by step:

1. open map move mouse cursor to destination desired don't click atm

2. open radio (0-8) call transport with 2 and then do a single mouse click at the desired destination. note map must be still open during these operations!

close the map and wait chopper arrives then hop in and enjoy your ride :D

if you at the base the approach is way different

best is board a chopper then open map and do the same as explained above.

sometimes a different chopper as the one you boarded does prepare to transport,

very simple, get out boarded chopper and enter the one who has startet it's engines.

evacuation does not need any explanation....

open radio (0-8) call evacuation with 1 wait for chopper and board as last person if you are together with any fellow buddies (this last point counts for all ways I explained)

ps:

DAP it would be very good and easyer you would add an destination marker when calling transport, no more confusion then

Edited by maquez

@maquez

Thanks I got it to work and after using it I removed it.

Thanks!

I played on kellys heroes.. i think it was version .90 ..Wasn't able to shoot blufor guys , seemed like they were immortal :)

I noticed similar things, when i tested some accuracy settings.

I stood in the smallarms fire of 10 insurgents and got hammered by bullets.

At other times i die pretty fast (or when i get too close).

I've logged into a few servers the past week playing Insurgency (one of my favorite mods in Arma 2). One thing that really killed it for me was that the direct chat channel was disabled while side/ group/ vehicle were allowed. Is there a server side setting that many might not be aware about or built into the mod?

What this seems to result in on public serves is that everyone spams the direct side chat channel when instead they should be using group/ vehicle/ or direct with their own squad mates.

I found myself a lot of times needing to communicate with guys from other teams when I'm right next to them and the only way to do that is using the direct side side chat channel.

this a server admin goof or built into the mod for some reason?

Hello all :)

How do I extract the file, so I can add VAS 0.9 for me and my friend?

I've tried with Eliteness, but it says "DePbo PboFile Truncated" and I do not know what it means.

Hope you can help.

Thanks in advance :)

Michael

Sorry for my english, I use Google Translate;)

Hello all :)

How do I extract the file, so I can add VAS 0.9 for me and my friend?

I've tried with Eliteness, but it says "DePbo PboFile Truncated" and I do not know what it means.

Hope you can help.

Thanks in advance :)

Michael

Sorry for my english, I use Google Translate;)

If you want to edit the mission scripts, you can download the PBO manager.

Edited by N. Rodrigues

Many thanks N. Rodrigues, we have played with your version the last few days,

but we would like to upgrade to VAS 0.9 and maybe add some more vehicles around the map .. :)

Can someone tell me how can I change the OPFOR ratio in the mission scripts?