shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Is there a way to mimick the look and behavior of an MCC-added zone (shape, availability via the zone drop down, etc.) through the editor or through script?

EDIT: Outside of creating markers with the editor (and then using the getMarkerPos/getMarkerSize to pass to the series of lines which ultimately invoke mcc_make_the_marker.sqf), I was wondering if there was a more "automatic" way for MCC to pickup markers in the editor and creating the zones?

I am not sure what you mean. What you can do now is:

- Manual creating zones in editor and make GAIA units operate within it.

- MCC creating zones and make GAIA units operate in it.

- create markers by script and make gaia units operate in it.

Do you mean that MCC should recognize the manual created markers? (i never tried that, it might even work lol). I am not sure what it is you are missing now.

Edited by spirit6

CBA is no longer required.

Try redownloading it from Six, Armaholic or the link in this forums it looks like it something local on your side.

Your guess was absolutly right. After getting my senses together i figured out i did not install the Zeus DLC. Thought it updates somewhat automatically.

After Installing the DLC the MCC Login works again and i am back on the tracks.

Thank you for clarification i have to search local.

Cheers

I am not sure what you mean. What you can do now is:

- Manual creating zones in editor and make GAIA units operate within it.

- MCC creating zones and make GAIA units operate in it.

- create markers by script and make gaia units operate in it.

Do you mean that MCC should recognize the manual created markers? (i never tried that, it might even work lol). I am not sure what it is you are missing now.

Hi Spirit,

Sorry about my not explaining it properly.

Please let me know if this is possible (and if this has already been documented, if you can please point me in the right direction that would be great):

I'd like to either:

a) create/convert the markers via the arma 3 mission editor and then have them appear as if I created these as MCC zones; i.e., they will show up with the appropriate zone number, yellow highlighted area, etc when the mission starts. Additionally, GAIA will treat these as MCC-editor created zones.

b) create zones via script using x/y coordinates and have GAIA operate as described above.

Unfortunately, I haven't been 100% successful with either... I either get script errors (BIS_fnc_setObjectVar), or the MCC zones show up, but when I try to add a zone in MCC, it creates a duplicate #1. And, GAIA doesn't seem to treat these as real zones.

Thanks for your help!

Shay maybe you could at para drop scrips so you can make a flagpole like ace and igiload ?

I'd like to either:

a) create/convert the markers via the arma 3 mission editor and then have them appear as if I created these as MCC zones; i.e., they will show up with the appropriate zone number, yellow highlighted area, etc when the mission starts. Additionally, GAIA will treat these as MCC-editor created zones.

b) create zones via script using x/y coordinates and have GAIA operate as described above.

Why not create the reqruired zones using mcc, use mcc save option, and at mission start time use mcc load function to recreate these zones?

Why not create the reqruired zones using mcc, use mcc save option, and at mission start time use mcc load function to recreate these zones?

I would like missions which create all the underlying "infrastructure" without requiring those client-side steps. I envision spending the time authoring missions using the MCC interface, along with the arma editor, but then packaging up the end result without the need for extra steps if possible.

Hi there,

i have just downloaded your mod, i last used in in arma 2. Since i have had it i cannot use the box generator, which means i cannot use the MCC_Console for Ac-130 or calling in Air strikes ETC, it just says

items have been added to players console. I only use this in singleplayer, i also do not have ACE for arma 3, do i need it? i do get an error within arma stating iniDB Isnt Running

Question with GAIA. I watched the linked video on the front page, which is awesome. I really thought the helicopter feature to patrol different zones are great. So I set up a similar situation as what happened in the video. So my question sis this. I noticed a helicopter was shot down and the crew survived. they were assigned to GAIA or remained a part of it and then patrolled the different zones on foot..LOL.....gung Ho pilots man! Is there anyway to prevent this? All I had to do is just go in and delete the pilots, but I wanted to ask.

That is on Zeus side, some objects (even BIS objects like the 5 blocks H-barrier) doesn't have Zeus values and can not be eddited.

Im sorry maybe I wasnt clear. When I place a group or unit with MCC I can not see it in Zeus where you can in your vid. I still can not get it to work. I have deleted both MCC's from my client and server and re downloaded them. What I have not done is try it with one of the BI Zeus missions. which I will try today. Thanks for the response!

Whenever I try to open the 3D editor in MCC, it freezes. Does anyone know how to fix this. I am trying to use MCC in the Arma 3 vanilla editor. I was planning on using it as a 3D editor for my missions.

Question with GAIA. I watched the linked video on the front page, which is awesome. I really thought the helicopter feature to patrol different zones are great. So I set up a similar situation as what happened in the video. So my question sis this. I noticed a helicopter was shot down and the crew survived. they were assigned to GAIA or remained a part of it and then patrolled the different zones on foot..LOL.....gung Ho pilots man! Is there anyway to prevent this? All I had to do is just go in and delete the pilots, but I wanted to ask.

When the helicopter goes down they change class in GAIA. Internally this means they would have their orders cancelled and then execute infantry (the class i would expect) orders. I will check their behavior, but this is what i would expect. There is nothing you should do expect give it patience of max 2 minutes.

The whole system is setup dynamic. Crew that looses their vehicle also change class. Even an infantry group that is suddenly given a vehicle (assigned) will change class. With class changes the orders change.

Hi,

thanx for the fast answer.

- ["mccIgnore",true]

That is a workaround i can live with (btw: there was no changelog in my download)

Good to see you plan to seperate the SQM.

No Zeus-Modul. Ok. How to configure additional setups (like restricting editing area, import other addons etc.) then?

cu

SerialMum

I'll publish new version soon that will fix your issues.

MCC_curator is the name of the Zeus logic. You can assign it addons exc using the curator commands: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Curator

Shay maybe you could at para drop scrips so you can make a flagpole like ace and igiload ?

If only I knew what you mean... :) care to explain?

I would like missions which create all the underlying "infrastructure" without requiring those client-side steps. I envision spending the time authoring missions using the MCC interface, along with the arma editor, but then packaging up the end result without the need for extra steps if possible.

Put any logic in the editor and put this in (replace the variables with values) and always check the MCC functions libary for more info:

[_zoneNumber,_pos,_radius] call MCC_fnc_MWUpdateZone; 

Hi there,

i have just downloaded your mod, i last used in in arma 2. Since i have had it i cannot use the box generator, which means i cannot use the MCC_Console for Ac-130 or calling in Air strikes ETC, it just says

items have been added to players console. I only use this in singleplayer, i also do not have ACE for arma 3, do i need it? i do get an error within arma stating iniDB Isnt Running

Don't miss it too much since it's there but under the 3D editor - cargo button. Now you can assign custom cargo to any vehicle/ammobox.

Second part is about how to setup GAIA without use of MCC

Was this video released or is there some info on how this can be achieved, thanks.

Was this video released or is there some info on how this can be achieved, thanks.

The second video will arrive in about 2 or 3 days. If you want to jump ahead then try use mortar, artillery simular to helicopters. The video might not be online but gaia is :) Also throw in some fuel, repair and medic trucks. Throw some boats in.

For use without mcc check this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150909-MCC-Sandbox-3-Dynamic-mission-creating-tool-for-ArmA-3&p=2669643&viewfull=1#post2669643

Thanks Spirit, will play around with that, looks simple enough :D

Thanks Spirit, will play around with that, looks simple enough :D

That is the whole idea mate. GAIA is setup in such a way that the user only has to hand it over and do absolutey jack shit :)

Put any logic in the editor and put this in (replace the variables with values) and always check the MCC functions libary for more info:

[_zoneNumber,_pos,_radius] call MCC_fnc_MWUpdateZone; 

Hi Shay,

Thanks for the info above. I still have a slight issue, perhaps you can help identify what I'm doing incorrectly?

a. In the editor, I create two rectangular markers labeled 1 and 2.

b. In init.sqf, I have the following two lines:

[1,getMarkerPos "1",(getMarkerSize "1") select 0] call MCC_fnc_MWUpdateZone;

[2,getMarkerPos "2",(getMarkerSize "2") select 0] call MCC_fnc_MWUpdateZone;

c. When I initially launch the map preview, I see the following message: Server access denied for: BIS_fnc_setObjectVar_object

d. Despite the above, I do see two zones created (which can be moved around, etc.) and it appears that the GAIA-controlled groups treat the zones. Great.

e. Unfortunately, when I try to create a third zone using MCC, it recreates the first zone, and places "1,2,1" inside the dropdown box for existing zones.

Is this related to ©, above, in that the total zones variable is not being saved/updated properly? Am I executing the MCC function within the correct scope?

Thanks!

Is there something wrong with the latest version? I'm running A3 stable and MCC4 R3 and the 3d editor does not work. Am I missing something here? It worked fine on older versions of MCC4.

I'm trying to spawn the prefabs found under D.O.C like was done in the video you guys put out but nothing works.

Upon further testing, some of the stuff is placed at the [0,0] coordinate for some reason even though I'm trying to place objects in the 3D editor, I'm having trouble finding any new documentation for the updated layout.

Edited by The Hebrew Hammer

Please publish this as a additional option.

In my opinion the option would benefit solo play mission's, at least for the purpose of quick gear selection. I've played around with the built in mcc gear selection but until it's refined vas integration would be awesome.

Great work on the mod!

Agreed. I'm not sure why it is an issue to include VAS. As long as folks with their own VAS in game don't add VAS to an MCC object there shouldn't be any conflicts I wouldn't think.

As for not having it available at all that would be disappointing. I use MCC all the time with all sorts of missions. Yes, I can de-pbo the mission and add VAS but would rather it was just available.

---------- Post added at 23:10 ---------- Previous post was at 22:46 ----------

It was removed from the mod version because it breaks any mission that uses VAS. If you want to use VAS, add it to your mission manually or use the mission version of MCC.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I doesn't break any mission but perhaps some. I've used MCC on many missions with VAS already defined without any issues. I think the issue might be using VAS within MCC when VAS already exists in the mission. There I can see potential script issues. So, perhaps what should be done is disable VAS in MCC only if one can detect it is available in mission (which probably isn't easy or doable). But perhaps folks with VAS in their missions should just be careful and not use it via MCC and all parties will be happy.

Agreed. I'm not sure why it is an issue to include VAS. As long as folks with their own VAS in game don't add VAS to an MCC object there shouldn't be any conflicts I wouldn't think.

As for not having it available at all that would be disappointing. I use MCC all the time with all sorts of missions. Yes, I can de-pbo the mission and add VAS but would rather it was just available.

It causes conflicts, the MCC versions config overrides any settings the mission maker sets which makes VAS useless in a lot of missions. For example when VAS was inside MCC it was impossible for us to limit stuff but since it has been removed we can once again limit what people can select.

EDIT: On the mission the Revive does not work for JIP

I found a solution for the wounded system, for the JIP.

I added a initplayerlocal.sqf and in it I initialise the A3 wounded script.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Event_Scripts

initPlayerLocal.sqf:

Executed locally when player joins mission (includes both mission start and JIP). See initialization order for details about when the script is exactly executed.

I mean that you can put an item near and you scroll and you get a para drop menu then you choose where you want to be para dropped.

Now i use the parachut option in the mcc editor but would be fun too place a flagpole that players on the server can jump themself.

Hi

Is there any way you can remove finished objectives from the map via MCC?

It seems like I have to restart the mission overall to remove them now. I can delete everything else; would be nice if I could remove objectives too. :)

Hi Shay,

Thanks for the info above. I still have a slight issue, perhaps you can help identify what I'm doing incorrectly?

a. In the editor, I create two rectangular markers labeled 1 and 2.

b. In init.sqf, I have the following two lines:

[1,getMarkerPos "1",(getMarkerSize "1") select 0] call MCC_fnc_MWUpdateZone;

[2,getMarkerPos "2",(getMarkerSize "2") select 0] call MCC_fnc_MWUpdateZone;

c. When I initially launch the map preview, I see the following message: Server access denied for: BIS_fnc_setObjectVar_object

d. Despite the above, I do see two zones created (which can be moved around, etc.) and it appears that the GAIA-controlled groups treat the zones. Great.

e. Unfortunately, when I try to create a third zone using MCC, it recreates the first zone, and places "1,2,1" inside the dropdown box for existing zones.

Is this related to ©, above, in that the total zones variable is not being saved/updated properly? Am I executing the MCC function within the correct scope?

Thanks!

Hi,

I don't know what this :BIS_fnc_setObjectVar_object: have to do with what you have done as it is not called from MCC.

Regarding the number range use something like this (create custom zones markers and put them in an array call it zonesMCCArray for example and then use

zonesMCCArray = ["m1","m2","m3"];

private ["_zoneNumber"]; 
{
_zoneNumber = ["MCCZoneCounter",1] call bis_fnc_counter; 
[_zoneNumber, getMarkerPos _x,(getMarkerSize _x) select 0] call MCC_fnc_MWUpdateZone;  	
deleteMarker _x; 
} foreach zonesMCCArray;

Is there something wrong with the latest version? I'm running A3 stable and MCC4 R3 and the 3d editor does not work. Am I missing something here? It worked fine on older versions of MCC4.

I'm trying to spawn the prefabs found under D.O.C like was done in the video you guys put out but nothing works.

Upon further testing, some of the stuff is placed at the [0,0] coordinate for some reason even though I'm trying to place objects in the 3D editor, I'm having trouble finding any new documentation for the updated layout.

What do you mean not working? is it not opening for you or just placed in [0,0]? I guess it something local or maybe you are doing something wrong or I would be floded with messeges like yours. I would need more detail info to solve it mate.

I found a solution for the wounded system, for the JIP.

I added a initplayerlocal.sqf and in it I initialise the A3 wounded script.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Event_Scripts

initPlayerLocal.sqf:

Executed locally when player joins mission (includes both mission start and JIP). See initialization order for details about when the script is exactly executed.

Thanks I'll check it out.

I mean that you can put an item near and you scroll and you get a para drop menu then you choose where you want to be para dropped.

Now i use the parachut option in the mcc editor but would be fun too place a flagpole that players on the server can jump themself.

I don't know if that fit the MCC immersion prespective. You probably can find a lot of scripts like this and put them in your mission.

Hi

Is there any way you can remove finished objectives from the map via MCC?

It seems like I have to restart the mission overall to remove them now. I can delete everything else; would be nice if I could remove objectives too. :)

Yes you can delete tasks from the tasks button's menu.

Any idea what happened to VAS?

http://i.imgur.com/IfMRsZo.jpg (391 kB)

"Script VAS\open.sqf not found"

VAS is disabled for the mod version you should add it manually to your mission inorder to call it from MCC. On a side note i've PM Tonic to get his approvel of making a custum VAS for MCC if I get it. It will be on next update if not you'll have to wait till I find the time to build something like that from the buttom up.