shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that Headless client support is broken in MCC?

_hc = ppEffectCreate ["filmGrain", 2005];
if (_hc == -1) then // is HC
{
MCC_isHC = true;
MCC_isLocalHC = true;
MCC_ownerHC = owner player;
publicVariable "MCC_isHC";
publicVariable "MCC_ownerHC";
}

The command owner from what I've seen returns 0 if run on the client and when I tested this the MCC_ownerHC variable was 0 while the MCC_isHC variable is true on clients.

(Ref: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/owner)

Looks like you need to ask the server to set the headless client owner id.

I had a look at the HC code and it is broken indeed:

to fix (in script version only - for mod pleas wait for next release)

replace the following code in init.sqf :

if ( !(isServer) ) then 
{
_hc = ppEffectCreate ["filmGrain", 2005];
if (_hc == -1) then // is HC
{
	MCC_isHC = true;
	MCC_isLocalHC = true;
	MCC_ownerHC = owner player;
}
else 
{
	ppEffectDestroy _hc;
};
};

by:

if ( !(isServer) && !(hasInterface) ) then 
{
// is HC
MCC_isHC = true;
MCC_isLocalHC = true;
MCC_ownerHC = player;
};

I've just tested it and the proposed code change above works for me...

Edited by Ollem

@shay & spirit

Yes you are right, my server was running r19, and my modpack was running r19.

its odd, because i thought i updated it.

Sorry for the confusion, ill do a test operation and see if it fixed it.

Thanks for the reply!

~-SOF- Tactical Realism

GAIA Question here:

I am using MCC to supplement my mission. I have 5 zones, with various units spawning in certain zones. They are being used as patrolling/reinforcements within these zones. I have tried saving the setup through both profile, and copy/paste. Yet I cannot get these units to load in as a GAIA unit. I want them loaded in as "defensive", and controlled by GAIA so that they stay within their zones. Every time I try to load them in I have to manually give them to GAIA. I am loading the units in as custom groups, and individual vehicles. (2-4 fireteams per zone, 2 technicals per zone, 2 apc's (in one zone that covers the entire area). I'm using @CBA_A3, @A3MP, and @CAF_Aggressors. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Is it possible to turn off enemy map markers when using MCC?

EDIT: Ok found it lol

Edited by Katipo66

GAIA Question here:

I am using MCC to supplement my mission. I have 5 zones, with various units spawning in certain zones. They are being used as patrolling/reinforcements within these zones. I have tried saving the setup through both profile, and copy/paste. Yet I cannot get these units to load in as a GAIA unit. I want them loaded in as "defensive", and controlled by GAIA so that they stay within their zones. Every time I try to load them in I have to manually give them to GAIA. I am loading the units in as custom groups, and individual vehicles. (2-4 fireteams per zone, 2 technicals per zone, 2 apc's (in one zone that covers the entire area). I'm using @CBA_A3, @A3MP, and @CAF_Aggressors. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Changing behavior is not saved. The behavior that is saves is the behavior in which it is spawned. Example: You spawn a group in agressive. You change them to GAIA defensive. Press save, then load. Behavior is then agressive. Is this what you do? Is this anwwering any question? If not, try explain :)

Guys,

Do you have units profiler system? It would be awesome to be able to store several units locations on a map and leave it for the week together with missions.

If not, does alive profile system works flawless? Any problem with GAIA if we use it?

Thank you in advance and again congratulations on your amazing job.

Hey having a problem with MCC, I go to spawn a mission with the mission gen. everything spawns in fine. but as soon as it is done creating the mission I can no longer place EAST faction AI. I can spawn all the other factions like NATO and AAF but that is all. So I began to think it reached a CSAT limit so i killed off a fireteam but still not able to spawn a CSAT unit..

Changing behavior is not saved. The behavior that is saves is the behavior in which it is spawned. Example: You spawn a group in agressive. You change them to GAIA defensive. Press save, then load. Behavior is then agressive. Is this what you do? Is this anwwering any question? If not, try explain :)

That does partially answers it, thanks! I guess to fully answer I'm wondering if it is possible at all to save units with GAIA enabled? I have seen it done, but am unable to replicate it.

Here is the MCC load mission that GAIA is loaded with:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nz14iadgfdyth67/FTT%20-%20Altis%2C%20Molos%20-%20MCC%20MOUT%20%26%20Hostage.txt

Here is mine that does not:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qeal6u30xgt3jas/ST%20-%20Takistan%20MCC%20Compounds%20Script.txt

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

Did a little digging and found: fnc_AddGroupToGAIA;

Is it possible to add this to a saved mcc mission somewhere? i'm gonna go ahead and test it out, but perhaps someone knows?

---------- Post added at 17:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

Found the answer. (sort of)

Instead of placing the location of units, and using custom groups, you have to use a preset group and allow them to spawn anywhere in the zone "Add Group to Zone." Bam.

Guys,

Do you have units profiler system? It would be awesome to be able to store several units locations on a map and leave it for the week together with missions.

If not, does alive profile system works flawless? Any problem with GAIA if we use it?

Thank you in advance and again congratulations on your amazing job.

There is no 'profiler' system active on MCC. Although you are currently discussing future MCC functionality. Including persistent role's, war's and servers. So stay tuned on that! :) If MCC GAIA works with ALIVE caching system i dont know. As that is functionality you should ask at the ALIVE team. I dont know how/if the caching of ALIVE respects other AI active systems. Gaming and making MCC eats most of my PC time already, let alone if i know how other mods work :)

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

That does partially answers it, thanks! I guess to fully answer I'm wondering if it is possible at all to save units with GAIA enabled? I have seen it done, but am unable to replicate it.

Here is the MCC load mission that GAIA is loaded with:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nz14iadgfdyth67/FTT%20-%20Altis%2C%20Molos%20-%20MCC%20MOUT%20%26%20Hostage.txt

Here is mine that does not:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qeal6u30xgt3jas/ST%20-%20Takistan%20MCC%20Compounds%20Script.txt

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

Did a little digging and found: fnc_AddGroupToGAIA;

Is it possible to add this to a saved mcc mission somewhere? i'm gonna go ahead and test it out, but perhaps someone knows?

---------- Post added at 17:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

Found the answer. (sort of)

Instead of placing the location of units, and using custom groups, you have to use a preset group and allow them to spawn anywhere in the zone "Add Group to Zone." Bam.

Yes, add Group to zone will work. Not because the button is special but because it spawns a unit with behavior. For that my explanation as above goes active :)

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Hey having a problem with MCC, I go to spawn a mission with the mission gen. everything spawns in fine. but as soon as it is done creating the mission I can no longer place EAST faction AI. I can spawn all the other factions like NATO and AAF but that is all. So I began to think it reached a CSAT limit so i killed off a fireteam but still not able to spawn a CSAT unit..

I dont have that problem, not even as we speak on our own MCC server. Did you change faction and back again already? Maybe some odd thing with other faction mods? Anyway, it is not something i know of beign a problem in MCC.

I know that units spawned by ALiVE can be retasked by GAIA :) Got the T-shirt!

I know that units spawned by ALiVE can be retasked by GAIA :) Got the T-shirt!

You sir, are a living legend. Although i am quite sure that alive eats control of GAIA when it caches it (as it is a group variable). But taking it back when the monster released it into the cruel worls, is without a doubt possible :)

Yep to double confirm You can grab an ALiVE unit once it is actively "spawned" in real time and - shall we say; Hasten it's decision making processes by giving it to Gaia...

:)

SJ

Hey, I am fairly new to MCC but I have enjoyed it so far: really nice work!

Now I have a few issues/questions I tried to solve myself, but couldn't really, so I am seeking you.

I am using the MCC mission version (not the mod) in a simple Arma 3 MP server with my buddy (I host the server).

We have the following mods installed: John Spartans&Sauls F18; Arma 2 Heli port, Nato SF&Spetznas Weapon pack; CBA

First of all my questions:

I really like the jukebox function, but is it possible to add custom sounds/music to it? And if so, how?

I usually let the mission generator create missions, is it possible to make the things it adds not visible on the map? (I am aware of the "show markers" and "precise locations" functions, but we still tend to find the objectives very close to some of the markers)

And some issues I sadly have:

Whenever I try to insert my buddy and myself via any evac (e.g. fastroping , helocasting etc.) I get automatically ejected out of the helicopter on destination, but my buddy stays in for some reason and literally flies back without being dropped off. Does anyone know why that is?

I edited a little FOB on Altis (I added flags, custom units, vehicles etc.) and saved it several times (not as sqm). However when I load the different saves, each one has several things missing. One save has no units, one has no flags and fortifications etc. Am I doing something wrong when saving? (I build the mission with MCC; select a slot and rename it and then hit "save").

Thank you in advance,

Strick

Yep to double confirm You can grab an ALiVE unit once it is actively "spawned" in real time and - shall we say; Hasten it's decision making processes by giving it to Gaia...

:)

SJ

Sir James coming to the rescue. Ladies and gentlemen, got a question about a mod? Aks Sir James, he has them all :)

Thanks James! :)

Hi, when I try paste codes in .sqm mission file, and try to run 2D arma editor my game chrashes... And i get this massage ( script ca\Modules\MP\data\scripts\MPframework.sqf not found ) Can someone help me?

version=12;

class Mission

{

addOns[]=

{

"A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR",

"a3_map_stratis",

"a3_map_altis",

"camisc_e"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR",

"camisc_e",

"a3_map_altis"

};

randomSeed=6724949;

class Intel

{

briefingName="Object Positioning System V1.2";

startWeather=0.29999998;

startWind=0.099999994;

startWaves=0.099999994;

forecastWeather=0.29999998;

forecastWind=0.099999994;

forecastWaves=0.099999994;

forecastLightnings=0.099999994;

year=2035;

month=7;

day=6;

hour=14;

minute=15;

startFogBase=0.001;

forecastFogBase=0.001;

startFogDecay=0.0049999999;

forecastFogDecay=0.0049999999;

};

class Groups

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

side="WEST";

class Vehicles

{

items=2;

class Item0

{

position[]={4952.1626,329.07202,21835.221};

id=0;

side="WEST";

vehicle="B_Soldier_F";

player="PLAY CDG";

leader=1;

skill=0.60000002;

};

class Item1

{

position[]={4961.6255,328.83383,21837.15};

id=1;

side="WEST";

vehicle="B_Soldier_F";

player="PLAY CDG";

skill=0.60000002;

};

};

};

};

class Vehicles

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

position[]={4827.2197,338.4343,21948.387};

id=2;

side="EMPTY";

vehicle="PowGen_Big_EP1";

skill=0.60000002;

init="poo = this addAction [""Turn off lights"", ""0 = [0.95] execVM 'lights.sqf'""];poo = this addAction [""Turn on lights"", ""0 = [0] execVM 'lights.sqf'""];";

};

};

class Markers

{

items=3;

class Item0

{

position[]={1848.509,5.5088487,5776.9697};

name="respawn_west";

type="Empty";

};

class Item1

{

position[]={4959.9668,328.40616,21831.461};

name="mkr_demo";

text="Use Radio Menu 0-0-1 to use LxOPS";

type="mil_dot";

colorName="ColorRed";

};

class Item2

{

position[]={4833.0132,338.78284,21948.775};

name="lightmarkertest";

type="Empty";

};

};

class Sensors

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

position[]={5181.7622,303.89505,21861.246};

a=0;

b=0;

activationBy="ALPHA";

repeating=1;

interruptable=1;

age="UNKNOWN";

text="Lx Object Positionning System";

expActiv="nul = [] execVM ""Dvorac\Dvorac.sqf"";";

class Effects

{

};

};

};

};

class Intro

{

addOns[]=

{

"a3_map_stratis",

"a3_map_altis"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"a3_map_altis"

};

randomSeed=4941682;

class Intel

{

timeOfChanges=1800.0002;

startWeather=0.30000001;

startWind=0.1;

startWaves=0.1;

forecastWeather=0.30000001;

forecastWind=0.1;

forecastWaves=0.1;

forecastLightnings=0.1;

year=2035;

month=7;

day=6;

hour=14;

minute=15;

startFogBase=0.001;

forecastFogBase=0.001;

};

};

class OutroWin

{

addOns[]=

{

"a3_map_stratis",

"a3_map_altis"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"a3_map_altis"

};

randomSeed=2090852;

class Intel

{

timeOfChanges=1800.0002;

startWeather=0.30000001;

startWind=0.1;

startWaves=0.1;

forecastWind=0.1;

forecastWaves=0.1;

forecastLightnings=0.1;

year=2035;

month=7;

day=6;

hour=14;

minute=15;

startFogBase=0.001;

forecastFogBase=0.001;

};

};

class OutroLoose

{

addOns[]=

{

"a3_map_stratis",

"a3_map_altis"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"a3_map_altis"

};

randomSeed=12968956;

class Intel

{

timeOfChanges=1800.0002;

startWeather=0.30000001;

startWind=0.1;

startWaves=0.1;

forecastWind=0.1;

forecastWaves=0.1;

forecastLightnings=0.1;

year=2035;

month=7;

day=6;

hour=14;

minute=15;

startFogBase=0.001;

forecastFogBase=0.001;

};

};

[[[4855.55,21897.3,-0.9], 42.0978, 'Kae_Mi_24v_SZ', 'VEHICLE', 'GUE', false, '', '', 0],'MCC_fnc_simpleSpawn',true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;

MCC_mccFunctionDone = false;

waitUntil {MCC_mccFunctionDone};

Edited by duzda

Hi.Would like to ask whether it is possible to increase the number of bombs in CAS Bombing Run?

Edited by Sammael

Hi, when I try paste codes in .sqm mission file, and try to run 2D arma editor my game chrashes... And i get this massage ( script ca\Modules\MP\data\scripts\MPframework.sqf not found ) Can someone help me?

It is not the sqm that you have pasted there it a sqf. You should press save to SQM and paste the entire code there. So far save to SQM only save the objects/units spawned with the 3D editor.

Hi.Would like to ask whether it is possible to increase the number of bombs in CAS Bombing Run?

So far the maximum is 6 bombs (it depends on how big the CAS marker is - the longer you draw it the more bombs the plane will carry) do we need more then 6 bombs?

Don `t know about the dependence of the line length. Thanks for information.A10 can carry 24 × 227 kg Mk 82 or 6 × 908 kg Mk 84.6 bombs is authentic

Don `t know about the dependence of the line length. Thanks for information.A10 can carry 24 × 227 kg Mk 82 or 6 × 908 kg Mk 84.6 bombs is authentic

I don't know how can an A-10 carry 24 bombs with only 11 hard points. But in MCC the max is 6 irritation which means 12 bombs. I think you can call it carpet bombing.

i have a problem using c17 globemaster with mcc.... if you try to spawn from mcc 3d editor the globemaster , you get cdt. if you put c17 from editor and preview the mission , then all working fine.. is this a problem from mcc mod? thanks

i have a problem using c17 globemaster with mcc.... if you try to spawn from mcc 3d editor the globemaster , you get cdt. if you put c17 from editor and preview the mission , then all working fine.. is this a problem from mcc mod? thanks

That happened in VVS also but author of C17 Doesn't know what to do.. i think Shy or Tonic can help this

Hey, I am fairly new to MCC but I have enjoyed it so far: really nice work!

Now I have a few issues/questions I tried to solve myself, but couldn't really, so I am seeking you.

I am using the MCC mission version (not the mod) in a simple Arma 3 MP server with my buddy (I host the server).

We have the following mods installed: John Spartans&Sauls F18; Arma 2 Heli port, Nato SF&Spetznas Weapon pack; CBA

First of all my questions:

I really like the jukebox function, but is it possible to add custom sounds/music to it? And if so, how?

I usually let the mission generator create missions, is it possible to make the things it adds not visible on the map? (I am aware of the "show markers" and "precise locations" functions, but we still tend to find the objectives very close to some of the markers)

And some issues I sadly have:

Whenever I try to insert my buddy and myself via any evac (e.g. fastroping , helocasting etc.) I get automatically ejected out of the helicopter on destination, but my buddy stays in for some reason and literally flies back without being dropped off. Does anyone know why that is?

I edited a little FOB on Altis (I added flags, custom units, vehicles etc.) and saved it several times (not as sqm). However when I load the different saves, each one has several things missing. One save has no units, one has no flags and fortifications etc. Am I doing something wrong when saving? (I build the mission with MCC; select a slot and rename it and then hit "save").

Thank you in advance,

Strick

I asked that already, does noone have an answer or did you miss it?

I'd be glad if someone could help me out (maybe the creator, as he knows his product the best I assume :P)

Thank you

That happened in VVS also but author of C17 Doesn't know what to do.. i think Shy or Tonic can help this

ok i post my tests on c17 mod threat,

thank you..