In that case do the following:

Open MCC

Login

select faction Blue(WEST) or Red(East)

click on 'Type' to switch 'Singles' to 'Groups'

Now the class field should get populated with soldiers/vehicles/etc

Spawn stuff

Have fun :-)

I have added the addon and started a MP game and can see the MCC modules too.

But....I am not getting the Action in the menu.

I have CBA addon too.

Thoughts?

I have CBA addon too.

Thoughts?

Well if you placed the acess module make sure to sync it with right role or player's name or admin

Great news! MCC really changes how ARMA plays.

Glad to see you boys are still alive =)

PDF link doesn't work and I don't see it in the Addon folder or anything.

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

No menu item shows up for me. It loads fine and shows that it is initializing and also when done but no menu item.

Looks like I was running a slightly older version of CBA. Once updated MCC worked fine.

---------- Post added at 08:58 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ----------

I have CBA addon too.

Thoughts?

For me it was a slightly older version of CBA that was the culprit. Once I updated it I had the menu item.

Hello there

Wonderful stuff.

but, sorry to ask, what impact can this have on griefing MP games? Especially as most servers at the mo are not signed to stop various mods.

Rgds

LoK

Well, if the server is not running the mod, then you're just going to give people a bunch of error messages and the mod won't really do anything beyond that. Maybe mess up the mission a bit, but probably not even that. If the server is running the mod, though, then the sky is the limit in terms of what griefing can be done. At least that's how it worked in Arma 2, and I'm assuming the basic concept is the same in Arma 3.

In any case, if you play on a server without signature checks, expect a lot of griefing regardless, as anyone can easily make his own griefing mod that will ruin your day in seconds.

I noticed in your pictures you set the zone size, am i missing where you do that at? Every zone i make is real small and cannot find enough spawce to spawn groups

Since MCC for ArmA 3 you need to 'draw' the zone with the mouse..

move mouse to zone corner position and left-click mouse button and keep button pressed.

Now drag the mouse to the opposite corner and release mouse button.

This should draw a zone for you.

Since MCC for ArmA 3 you need to 'draw' the zone with the mouse..

move mouse to zone corner position and left-click mouse button and keep button pressed.

Now drag the mouse to the opposite corner and release mouse button.

This should draw a zone for you.

I love you

So I managed to get the mod working, sort of, after updating CBA by reading this thread. I didn't make any access modules or anything, that's beyond me so I just ran the mod and it should be giving me access. However, when I actually try to change anything in game, in a lan server I'm messing around on, it says ACCESS DENIED.

Clicking Login/Logout gives me on the left side:

MatthewC> Access Granted

MatthewC> Access Granted

MatthewC> Access Denied

MatthewC> Access Denied

I don't know why it's not letting me, maybe it's a bug, also because it's doing it twice each time I try?

well i can create the zones and tweak some fog, etc but Clouds and Storm aren't working and I cant spawn any Infantry or vehicles in individual or group. I could place ammobox using 3d editor.

So I managed to get the mod working, sort of, after updating CBA by reading this thread. I didn't make any access modules or anything, that's beyond me so I just ran the mod and it should be giving me access. However, when I actually try to change anything in game, in a lan server I'm messing around on, it says ACCESS DENIED.

Clicking Login/Logout gives me on the left side:

MatthewC> Access Granted

MatthewC> Access Granted

MatthewC> Access Denied

MatthewC> Access Denied

I don't know why it's not letting me, maybe it's a bug, also because it's doing it twice each time I try?

Looks like you are runing the mod version and the mission version so you get everything double

well i can create the zones and tweak some fog, etc but Clouds and Storm aren't working and I cant spawn any Infantry or vehicles in individual or group. I could place ammobox using 3d editor.

Use play with Six to get the latest CBA and MCC versions

uh, can we not use play with six, its so poorly laid out (does he make these programs blindfolded), plus how do we get the newest mission version?

Did you check my post ^^ ?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150909-MCC-Sandbox-3-Dynamic-mission-creating-tool-for-ArmA-3&p=2348711&viewfull=1#post2348711

We use this mission for the majority of our get-togethers. All the way back to it's release this is how we've setup our mission to work with it and since this is vanilla A3 I see no reason not to release it to everyone else. Feel free to edit as needed.

mcc_sandbox_raider_v3

Includes:

BTC revive

vehicles respawns (30 secs on explosion, 1 hour on abandoned)

repair, rearm, refuel box

virtual ammobox

uh, can we not use play with six, its so poorly laid out (does he make these programs blindfolded), plus how do we get the newest mission version?

No we can't, Play with Six is the only and the best tool right now to keep mods up to date and to install mods according to a server. If you want to disrespect someone or something do it somewhere else not on my thread.

Got it working now with six thanx. A couple of questions on the mission making.

If I move a zone, will all of the units and groups that were originally spawned there relocate to the new position?

Can I give orders to units that are already spawned? Like set waypoints or change their behaviour?

Got it working now with six thanx. A couple of questions on the mission making.

If I move a zone, will all of the units and groups that were originally spawned there relocate to the new position?

Can I give orders to units that are already spawned? Like set waypoints or change their behavior?

Yes and yes,

If the groups/units spawned with Aggressive or defensive behavior then the will move to the new zone marker. Units on fortify, ambush and BIS behaviors will not move.

Using the group generator click on the appropriate faction and you'll see all of the groups on that side. Click on the group and give it a new waypoints or delete it's waypoints.

You can control any group in there doesn't matter if you spawned it with MCC or not. But keep in mind that units that spawned with MCC will go back to their previous behavior

You can just spawn them with BIS_Default behavior so they won't get back to the zone.

Excellent Shay, I'm sure to have many more questions as I become more familiar with this wicked tool :)

I had some success with it - I'm sure the system will improve.

The weather effect def not working properly - storm doesnt create clouds overhead although it did rain.

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

ok so im assuming you are stopping updating to the mission file then and only going with the mod files?

New release is out, check the first post's download link to get it.

Change log:

1. Config reading is better now, you won't have all this empty factions, don't need to refresh to get the units.

2. Fixed weather wasn't creating clouds - make sure if you using it as a mod to disable the auto ratio between overcast and rani, it's in the 2D editor.

3. Added wind, lightning and sea waves will be effected by weather change.

4. Added mines and mines placing to 3D editor.

5. Added preset "Create Local Marker" to 3D editor in order to mark locally the location of placed object in 3D editor on the map of the mission maker.

6. Added Command line and access to BIS debug consoles.

7. Added CAS - so far only two types of choppers are in game so all you got right now is: Gun run, S&D, AT run, AA run and Rockets run.

8. Added Artillery support - Not many bomb class in Alpha faze but you'll still get: HE 120mm, He80mm, DPICM, Smoke, Flare.

9. Added IED/Armed civilians/Suicide Bombers module - just like ArmA 2 pretty close to VBS module.

10. Probably a lot of thing I can't remember now.

2013032500001.jpg

Thanks for informing us Shay!

Added to the SIX Updater Network: (so available on Play withSIX as well)

http://play.withsix.com/mods/452-mcc_sandbox_a3

Sickboy look like the download link is broken there http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BI_Tools_2.5

So I couldn't make signatures for this release :)

ok so im assuming you are stopping updating to the mission file then and only going with the mod files?

So far I'm supporting both

Edited by shay_gman

Yes and yes,

If the groups/units spawned with Aggressive or defensive behavior then the will move to the new zone marker. Units on fortify, ambush and BIS behaviors will not move.

In my experience with UPSMON this isn't accurate. Sometimes they will move to the new zone, but sometimes they will take a very long time (sometimes so much it may seem like forever) to actually realize the zone position has changed and they need to go there. But in general, yes, with UPSMON they do eventually realize the zone has moved and they will react accordingly. Just don't rely on them to be quick about it.