shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

4 hours ago, Dedmen said:

private doesn't initialize any variables. Which is why you should prefer private keyword and initialize right away.

Yes of course, initialize was probably the wrong term.

I wonder how this can lead to the nearestObjects error message flooding "0 elements provided, 3 expected" when there is this code:

private ["_group", "_buildings ","_max","_i","_wp","_pos"];

_group       = _this select 0;

_pos         = _this select 1;

_buildings = (nearestObjects [_pos, ["house"], 30]);

I cannot find the call and cannot do testing (e.g. give _pos a fixed value), because I cannot compile.

Is the Special Forces module which gives you access to a helmet cam not working? I just get a weird animation when I press the assigned button. Any help?

So if we're in a state where development basically is non-existent (which I can understand), but also the mod cannot be compiled by a normal human being, it's a bad state.

Shay pls.

I am having an issue keeping MCC access when using AIS and team switch. Once I switch into a new unit and then back to my original unit access is deleted. It works fine with team switch in  other revive scripts. 

I even linked MCC access module with my armor ID but still does not work. Any suggestions.

How can I add MCC for access to a map object. So I will have the ability to log into MCC if I am next to that object for example a flagpole or a vehicle like a mobile HQ. 

I have attempted this code I get the MCC access or the green MCC menu but nothing happens when you attempt to log into it.

this addaction ["<t color=""#99FF00"">--= MCC =--</t>",{(_this select 1) setvariable ["MCC_allowed",true]},[],0,false, false, ""];

I am so dependent on MCC4 and Zeus now to test play my mission and do just mess around in the editor. I want to switch off to AIS wound system but you will lose MCC access if you enable team switch. Help and thank you avibird.

It annoying me for months, i used could make the CAS bombing run feature worked fine, but since this years update, everytime i try to using the bombing run, the bombs always dropped 100m short on target, i tried this feature for ever planes, from both mods and default arma stuffs, all have the same issue, and i can not locate what was causing this issue? Do you have any idea which would cause this?

Is this mod still working?  210 pages is rough to review.  My question besides the above are , if so, can you access a unit config now to up units and stuff? Thanks

In the lastest build of MCC, I still suffer from the Floating rocks problem(only MCC and CBA are loaded). Anything I can do, please?

On 10/16/2019 at 3:41 AM, jandrews said:

Is this mod still working?  210 pages is rough to review.  My question besides the above are , if so, can you access a unit config now to up units and stuff? Thanks

It's still functional if that what you are asking. The author doesn't maintance it like he did before, as he is in a different stage in life now and doesn't got the time as before. 
Updates, if will be any in the future,  are rare in the last year

Yes MCC still works very well. It adds so much to gameplay with a ton of additional options that can be enabled. It is a perfect adjunct to Zeus for real-time editing while playing a mission.

The downside is you will get a lot of errors while playing the game through the editor but will not affect gameplay. 

Anyone looking for a potential fix, simply remove the MCC mod (if you're running it). This removes the following 2 errors:

[BIS_fnc_activateAddons] The function can be activated only through the mission init

[BIS_fnc_moduleCurator] Curator owner not defined, player used instead in single player

See below for further details:

https://github.com/shaygman/MCC_sandbox_modDev/issues/60

Hi, I found out that when MCC and CBA are loaded together, the floating rocks issue will appear, but when MCC is loaded alone, all seems fine. Is there anything I can do?

Some pics about the floating rocks issue(only the lastest workshop MCC and CBA are loaded, and terrain is set to ultra):

https://imgchr.com/i/Qvfasx

https://imgchr.com/i/QvfUQ1

https://imgchr.com/i/QvftzR

https://imgchr.com/i/QvfYW9

Isn't the floating rocks issue simply the terrain quality being set too low in settings?

On 12/24/2019 at 4:21 AM, Dedmen said:

Isn't the floating rocks issue simply the terrain quality being set too low in settings?

In these images, terrain quality is set to maximun.

Changelog R32:
Fixed:
    - Getting Error "MCC_MODULE_LHD SPAWN" when load template missions.
    - Getting Error "MCC_MODULE_RESOURCES" when load campaign missions.
    - Ambient Birds module didn't work from Zeus.
    - Ambient Civilians module didn't work from Zeus.
    - Ambient Civilians Restrict module didn't work from Zeus.
    - Spawn Ship module didn't work from Zeus.
    - Open Ship Dialog module didn't work from Zeus.
    - Weapon Shop Dialog module didn't work from Zeus.
    - Cargo Load module didn't work from Zeus.
    - Atmosphere module didn't work from Zeus.
    - Assign AI module didn't work from Zeus.
    - AAS Capture Point module didn't work from Zeus.
    - AAS Spawn AI module didn't work from Zeus.
    - Set Unconscious module didn't work from Zeus.
    - Set Group Respawn module didn't work from Zeus.
    - Change Pylon/Rearm module didn't work from Zeus or on CUP vehicles.

Added:
    - Appropriate loadouts to CUP template missions
    - Ambient fire modules to Zeus and 3den
    - Add credit to players module to Zeus
    - Pressing Esc in Squad Menu or Role Selection will close the dialog

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hello, I am a Chinese player with Arma 3. I am translating the latest version of MCC into Chinese. If I succeed, will you allow me to publish it in steam's creative workshop?

Where do i d/l this new version ?

The link to the mod version on the first page gives me the same version as i already have with the "mcc_sandbox_mod.pbo" file dated 11/3/2018.

That feeling when your favourite mod is updated! Thank Shay_G!

On 7/27/2019 at 5:39 PM, celticalliance said:

@shay_gman we are sometimes using MCC to create AAS missions. Can you tell me if it's possible to make so-called splits, capture points that allow teams to split up into two separate routes? Right now I believe you can only make routes with one single line of connected capture points, it would be nice if there could be several.

Just asking again because it probably went unnoticed. Would be nice to know since this puts a real damper on events we have been planning for months now but can't run because we don't know if this is possible and don't really enjoy linear AAS scenarios.

Also, we are quite confused with the Commander Console. Not how to use it, but we are wondering if it is possible to completely disable access to it, or at least disable certain aspects of it, like CAS etc. The reason for this is that we had quite some bad experiences with players wrecking missions and the fun of others while using MCC, like signing in as Commander and abusing the CAS in the Commander Console etc.

Also, we may misunderstand its purpose but the option to switch the commander console off as far as we can interpret is not working as it should. We always thought that means that not even the person who signs in as Commander should be able to use it? Whatever the setting is (Yes or No) it doesn't seem to make a difference. It always opens. Can anyone shed some light on this?

1.Comander Console F6 -Feet Management

does not work. Where can I read about this functionality?

2.R33.01 vs R26(compared with version) logistics does not work. Does not see boxes. Cannot load or unload.

Does anybody notice a long time for gaia to initiation the waypoints at the start of the game. If I have like 15 groups using GAIA in different zones like 3-5 zones it takes around 7-10 minutes for gaia to initiate waypoints to all the groups the first time at start of game. can you guys please tell me if you're seeing the same thing and how many seconds or minutes does it take your groups to initiate their first waypoints using GAIA 

Also does anybody know if gaia has a group cap limit. Meaning that it will not generate waypoints for groups that's over a certain number. For some reason I think I read something about 38 groups can anyone confirm or deny this

I am not getting the long delay times when I am using gaia standalone template but if I use jebus with gaia build in code with the standalone template no major delays but if I use the MCC4 mod with Jebus to call gaia I am getting a very long delay between initiation of waypoints into zones. 

How do you guys make zones  on the fly or editor placed zones? How do you guys call gaia to control a group by mcc4 and hitting the G (gaia button) or do you added a code into the group leader init when you use editor placed groups. Need help here I don't want to take out MCC4 I love the mod but 7-10 minutes to initiate waypoint zones is way too much.

Is there a way to have gaia contol over editor placed groups rather than using the gaia button in the command interface. I know about the standalone gaia but I want to have access to the full MCC4 mod. Is there a way to give contol to group from the editor. If I run MCC4 mod and use jebus or standalone the time for generating waypoints within the zones can be over 10 minutes. Does anyone have any ideas.