shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Ambient Warzone: Does it still work? I don't see it doing anything else than adding exclamation marks to the (MCC) map. It's on Altis. Units do not seem to be spawned.

EDIT: Never mind, I was already too stupid in 2014. Spirit described it to me here:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/142042-mcc-sandbox-3-dynamic-mission-creating-tool-for-arma-3/?do=findComment&comment=2743888

• Haha 1

Hi,

I really like using MCC and it is making ArmA life way easier for a long time now :)!

I do want to report some findings regarding the Forward Observer Module;

• Corrections don't do anything at all. This applies to 'off map artillery', 'AI manned artillery' and 'player manned artillery'. It is tested both with Adjust Fire and Fire For Effect, on a server and in the editor. ACE was used during testing... have not tested it without ACE. The only way to actually give corrections is to adjust distance and direction in the initial Call For Fire.  
  • When giving fire mission to a player manned mortar piece  it does not consider height differences. It works fine for 'off map artillery'. I am not sure about 'AI artillery' since the Probable Error Range is very high any way, making it hard to check whether the fire mission is alright (is not related to MCC).  

I hope that the explanation is clear and that you want to consider taking a look at it for future updates. 

Thnx again for your efforts in this great mod. 

Hey ShayGman, I want to make a minor change to GAIA inside your mod. But no matter which of your versions I take, no matter which pbo packer, ArmA says "MCC_sandbox_mod\data\mod.paa" not found - and does not load MCC. I have no idea why, because mod.paa is exactly there in the pbo.

Thx man, having lots of fun with MCC and GAIA.

Is there a way to tell MCC (GAIA) to not use a specific verhicle? I am under the impression it distributes waypoints to a chopper which is used for [url=https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/220740-release-hermes-airlift-services-script]Hermes Airlift Services[/url] and also it sends my player unit, if under GAIA control, to get into that chopper. "MCC_GAIA_ATTACKS_FOR_NONGAIA = false" is set.

Has anyone experienced this. MCC access disappears following team switch when using AIS wound system. When I use team switch and attempt to switch back to the original unit that had MCC it's gone. This only happens in missions using AIS on system I don't have this issue with any other revive script. 

2 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

Has anyone experienced this. MCC access disappears following team switch when using AIS wound system. When I use team switch and attempt to switch back to the original unit that had MCC it's gone. This only happens in missions using AIS on system I don't have this issue with any other revive script. 

Yes its normal.

Use the MCC key(assign one if needed) and you can still open MCC console.

I'm not sure what you were referring to I have always used it with access set to a few units only. It the MCC being accessible through the player drop down menu. How do I assign MCC key and use it to open the MCC console thank you

7 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

I'm not sure what you were referring to I have always used it with access set to a few units only. It the MCC being accessible through the player drop down menu. How do I assign MCC key and use it to open the MCC console thank you

go into configure addons>MCC and "open mcc console"

asign key to this option and use that key to open MCC

Hi shay_gman, very sorry but I am getting  Error in expression <]] call ace_common_fnc_canInteractWith} > Error position: <> Error Missing ) and cannot use team switch . I cannot add any resources to the base. Suppose if I da resource raid mission and bring all the resource to base and try to add it, the resource just disappears. Please help

Edited by craig29592

@shay_gman I don't know if you check your GitHub repository's issues or not so I'm just letting you know here about a mission-breaking bug I found.
https://github.com/shaygman/MCC_sandbox_modDev/issues/60

I'm not sure if this is an issue specific to me or not, but I've experienced it across two servers I run and several missions I've made. It happens both in Dedicated MP and Eden MP Preview.

I'm not trying to rush you or anything. Just want to make sure you know about it for when you have time to work on it. It is kind of a serious bug though since it completely messes up the way missions initialize.

Hello there Guys !

I would like to ask the MCC followers , if there is a MCC (Survival System) mission available !

Thanks !

It's been a while but I've released the r31.

Changelog R31:
- Added Load to cargo module to 3den: load objects to vehicles using ACE or MCC cargo system.
- Added: MCC logistics to helicopters and planes, can now loda vehicles and objects to them.
- Added: Automatically spawn parachute when unloading objects using helicopters or planes.

Fixed - Ambient Civilians module: Civilians spawn infron of players
Fixed - Advance and secure resistance faction didn't bleed tickets on death
Fixed - UAV icon always shown on map
Fixed - Name tags shown when using MCC medical HUD

Changed Zeus:

Object editing:
        - Added change unit behavior
        - Added Edit unit names
        - Added vehicles's turn lights on/off
        - Added vehicles's turn engine on/off
        - Added BI Garage to vehicles - customized components and colors.
        - Added Unload ACE or MCC cargo from vehicles and objects.
        - Reworked - Payload interface, change aircragt pylons and armaments.

Modules:
        - Reworked icons, description and categories.
        - Added Load to cargo module to 3den: load objects to vehicles using ACE or MCC cargo system.
        - Added Create Zone module to Zeus & 3den - creates MCC zone from Zeus or 3den
        - Added Assign to MCC zone - assign units/groups to MCC zones from Zeus or 3den

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

@shay_gman thank you for your work and continuing improving this work of art. I can't imagine playing arma without this tool. Bohemia really needs to have a discussion with you about implementing this into the next vanilla arma game. The Eden editor the high command modules always seemed unfinished to me with so much more potential. 

Did you ever think adding a side mission module or adding to the mission generator side mission options. How cool would it be to have about a dozen or so various basic side missions that will populate across the map besides the three that can be generated with a mission. Module that will generate only basic side missions across the map and then the mission maker can't decide what units will be protecting that objective by using MCC or Zeus to populate the objective area. 

Once again thank you for your continuing work. Avibird

• Like 2

22 hours ago, shay_gman said:

It's been a while but I've released the r31.

Can't believe you still find time to improve this. 
Great work and thank a lot!

Cheers from Be'er sheva 🙂

Hello everyone!

I need help about this modul :

Ambient Unit.

I test it in singleplayer, It's working fine! very fine. Good Work to @shay_gman !!

But need, info, if someone use it in multiplayer (Eden or Zeus)?
Is it work fine?

Thank's

@shay_gman we are sometimes using MCC to create AAS missions. Can you tell me if it's possible to make so-called splits, a capture point that allows teams to split up into two separate routes? Right now I believe you can only make routes with one single line of connected capture points, it would be nice if there could be several.

I hope what I said made sense. If not I'll gladly explain things some more.

Hi guys, I spawned GAIA groups of all types (MOVE, NOFOLLOW and FORTIFY). GAIA loves to have problems on building/patrols. The below error message appears numerous times. I think it is area dependent... areas with few buildings? Anything you can do? I would have hunted for bugs, but for some reason, MCC, if I build a pbo does not run.

E8897206296A4DF36053CA6D5B7F547C07735AB9

On 8/4/2019 at 3:07 PM, tortuosit said:

Hi guys, I spawned GAIA groups of all types (MOVE, NOFOLLOW and FORTIFY). GAIA loves to have problems on building/patrols. The below error message appears numerous times. I think it is area dependent... areas with few buildings? Anything you can do? I would have hunted for bugs, but for some reason, MCC, if I build a pbo does not run.

Well, it does not seem to be dependent on MOVE, NOFOLLOW or FORTIFY. I have no idea, with GAIA controlled groups I always get the error.

On 8/4/2019 at 3:07 PM, tortuosit said:

I think it seems to be because of an invalid variable definition and blank space here:

"\@mcc_sandbox_a3\addons\mcc_sandbox_mod\gaia\functions\control\fn_generateBuildingPatrolWaypoints.sqf"

Line 19, see "_buildings ". Line 19 has to be:

private ["_group", "_buildings","_max","_i","_wp","_pos"];

Why can't I get the Mcc AI respawn group module to work in the Eden editor. It works if I use it during the mission with Zeus interface. Was it designed to be only used with Zeus and not with the Eden editor. I've tried to sync it to the group place it on the group does not work. ? Any input will be great. Did he get broken since the last game update?

I'd love to do error fixing on https://github.com/shaygman/MCC_sandbox_modDev because I cannot use MCC any more with GAIA, too many errors. But I cannot compile the repo. Have never been able to. With Mikeros pbo-tools. The file it cannot include (\mcc_sandbox_mod\definesMod.hpp) is exactly there. And editable. But it cannot be included.

I also tried to fix a syntax error via hex editing the pbo file; but the mod won't just load then.

config.cpp missing: "\mcc_sandbox_mod\definesMod.hpp"
In File [bleh]\MCC_sandbox_modDev-master\config.cpp: Line 419 C
annot include file

Generalised lintcheck error

Press the ANY key

18 hours ago, tortuosit said:

Have never been able to. With Mikeros pbo-tools

Same here, MCC cannot be packed with "proper" tools because it is too broken. But you can just use Mikeros makePbo or PBO Manager to literally just go "ignore whatever it is and just push it into this pbo I don't care!".

5 hours ago, Dedmen said:

Same here, MCC cannot be packed with "proper" tools because it is too broken. But you can just use Mikeros makePbo or PBO Manager to literally just go "ignore whatever it is and just push it into this pbo I don't care!".

Well I was able to create a pbo this way, but it was not loaded then. No entry in the scroll menu, GAIA caching absent... I am so much dependent on GAIAs caching 😞 and also its bigger scale operations... but with the regular release I get flooded with error messages, i.e. it is not usable.

Do you think private ["_buildings ", "_max"]; will not properly initialize the _buildings variable? OK I could test it. But currently I find myself so often fixing and coding and tinkering for HOURS, which run so fast... and then playing 5 minutes.

18 hours ago, tortuosit said:

Do you think private ["_buildings ", "_max"]; will not properly initialize the _buildings variable?

private doesn't initialize any variables. Which is why you should prefer private keyword and initialize right away.