shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

im sure there will be sooner or later;

thank you shay, for all the work! its outstanding :)

On 16.5.2018 at 7:59 PM, tortuosit said:

Ambient Warzone, can I spawn/despawn it via a script command? I didn't find a module for it. If there's a script command, I'd like to load it via a game logic from the editor. Thx. The only way I know is to activate it via the GUI.

yes this:

MCC_GAIA_AC = true;
publicvariable "MCC_GAIA_AC";

On 29.5.2018 at 6:49 AM, jtareb1 said:

Is there a good MCC CTI template or mission out there? I have looked and cannot find one. 

If not any general ideas on how to construct one? I imagine using zones rather than town objectives to start. 

Well there is the MCC campaign which are CTI - you can find them in the mod itself

On 23.6.2018 at 4:02 PM, kromka said:

@shay_gman

Recently I've made a frame mission with a Zeus and MCC operator. Simply speaking my group started test it extensively because MCC give us hope for easy missions.

Yesterdays mission gave us some strong experience with your mod and personally I give it green light (now you should hear fanfares from the heavens - no? common... :) )

Anyway I have some remarks. Key statement is that our group is relism fans (you know, all those commands, tactic, sitting hours in the bushes).

1. Missions Settings->UI settings seems to not work properly. Whatever I will set there, after next opening everything is checked. All the time. Especially something wrong is with the GUI compass which appears (unintentionally) and it is impossible to hide (restart of the mission helps).
2. Some CANCEL/OK buttons close MCC completely (eg. detailed settings in "misison settings"). It would be expected all CANCEL/OK would return to the main screen of MCC.
3. In the mission generator there is a possibility that marker should point the target precisely or approximatelly. But for more experienced groups it would be awesome if there was no marker but area of operation indicator.
4. Some red circle is also visible in the map even if it not correspond with a mission area.
5. MCC operator, when he creates a mission, despite if he will press "players" on the main screen of MCC, he see some additional markers on the map. This is not good.
6. When I press player's name in the main screen window I always center on he. It is quiet annoying because often I set the map position eg. for teleportation before selection of the player. It would be splendid if eg one click would select the player and two clicks center on he.

7. All parachute jumps starts with a demo. It is completely not necessary.

Best regards.

1. The box checks are  not always correspond with actual status of the settings - E.g you might set nametags off but next time you'll open the settings it will show as it is on - but the truth it is off. You can't disable the compass once you enabled it. It is best to make a template mission and just set this settings using a module and not through MCC every mission. 

2. I don't know what some means - if you found a bug post it here.

3. If approximately has been chosen the map markers are placed randomly in the AO - the AO is usually marked with red circle. 

4. See above

5. Why it isn't good?

6. It is limitation of the list UI element - why not selecting the player first then change the map. 

7. Says who?

On 26.6.2018 at 6:15 PM, Stefano Ravenna said:

Hi

i have a question about spawning units and mcc.

is it possible to create a unit, like an helicopter i.e., via zeus or eden and then using it as evac with the module in mcc?

i've tried but when i open the evac module it did not recognize any existing units... i have to put them under gaia control?

thanks

you should place the the module on an empty vehicle and then it should be visible in the menu. 

On 3.7.2018 at 11:42 AM, nutzgo said:

Hi!
I use the background-civilian-patrol thing for my missions. It does work very good, but for some reason when someone e.g. shoots at the civilians (God forbid), this error comes up (Imgur link, it's safe)
What does it mean?

Imgur Picture

It means there is an error - i'll fix it for next release. But in general civilians causalities effects the campaign score and in general turn the civilian relation to the players from friendly up to the point of using IED and suicide bombers on the players. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, shay_gman said:

1. The box checks are  not always correspond with actual status of the settings - E.g you might set nametags off but next time you'll open the settings it will show as it is on - but the truth it is off. You can't disable the compass once you enabled it. It is best to make a template mission and just set this settings using a module and not through MCC every mission. 

2. I don't know what some means - if you found a bug post it here.

3. If approximately has been chosen the map markers are placed randomly in the AO - the AO is usually marked with red circle. 

4. See above

5. Why it isn't good?

6. It is limitation of the list UI element - why not selecting the player first then change the map. 

7. Says who?

1. OK. I missed this info. Is it some kind of limitation with the compas? This is quiet weird it can be turned off.

2. I don't know is it a bug or is it intentional. As I've written earilier I would expect OK and CANCEL button in detailed settings in "misison settings" after press will return to main MCC, but it close whole MCC.

3. I see. All misisons I've created placed this marker in direct vicinity of the target.

4. What do you mean when you write "usually". I am just curious, because somebody can ask me why AO was in different place that real AO. And of course I can answer "because" but I would prefere to avoid such answer.

5. Because man who creates a mission can accidentaly see those markers and can make some conclusions based on them. It just can spoil the mission. But maybe those markers are irrelevant.

6. I can live with this. If this is hard limitation, then there is no point to discuss.

7. Me.

Best regards.

On 8.7.2018 at 11:44 PM, kromka said:

1. OK. I missed this info. Is it some kind of limitation with the compas? This is quiet weird it can be turned off.

2. I don't know is it a bug or is it intentional. As I've written earilier I would expect OK and CANCEL button in detailed settings in "misison settings" after press will return to main MCC, but it close whole MCC.

3. I see. All misisons I've created placed this marker in direct vicinity of the target.

4. What do you mean when you write "usually". I am just curious, because somebody can ask me why AO was in different place that real AO. And of course I can answer "because" but I would prefere to avoid such answer.

5. Because man who creates a mission can accidentaly see those markers and can make some conclusions based on them. It just can spoil the mission. But maybe those markers are irrelevant.

6. I can live with this. If this is hard limitation, then there is no point to discuss.

7. Me.

Best regards.

1. Well it isn't something too hard to do it just takes time - which I don't find why it should be invested in it. As in general settings are pre-placed with a module, if you in a milsim you probably play without a compass and if you are more on the arcade style it is on by default - nothing to switch on and off in the middle of a mission. 

2. If you took the time to post something here try to make it beneficial because i'm sure you are not expecting of me to go over all the OK and Cancel buttons on MCC and check them out. So the best way to make a request come to life is to  post a bug and how to recreate it or a request and how to fulfill it. 

3. The markers are placed in a radius of 500 meters from the objective the AO is more or less the same radius as it expend the more players are logged in.

4. Scratch the usually - the AO should always be marked with a red circle around it - it is possible that the red circle of a previous mission is still shown. 

5. If you are referring to opening MCC then yes - the mission maker will see markers related to the mission. If you are referring to the usual map - the mission maker should not see any markers that the players can't see unless the clicked the "track units" button, and if he do it is a bug and you should report what markers are visible. 

6. Indeed.

7. You'll have to accept that there are some other opinions different then yours and the polite thing to do is to ask about adding it as an option feature and not saying something is useless just because you don't like it. 

• Like 4

Gman, I have one question.
Is it possible for Zeus to change the Civilian Relation as Zeus while a mission is ongoing?
Let's say it's on "Average" at mission start, and the players do an action that doesn't kill the civilians (e.g. they kill an OpFor officer, blow up an empty building or something not directly linked to the civilians) - can I as Zeus change the relation in a module or something?

On 19.7.2018 at 6:38 PM, nutzgo said:

Gman, I have one question.
Is it possible for Zeus to change the Civilian Relation as Zeus while a mission is ongoing?
Let's say it's on "Average" at mission start, and the players do an action that doesn't kill the civilians (e.g. they kill an OpFor officer, blow up an empty building or something not directly linked to the civilians) - can I as Zeus change the relation in a module or something?

You can do it manually with broadcasting global variant "MCC_civRelations_side" and the variable should be between 0(friendly) - 1(Aggressive).

Example

missionNamespace setVariable ["MCC_civRelations_west",0.5];
publicVariable "MCC_civRelations_west";

On 10.07.2018 at 9:02 AM, shay_gman said:

1. Well it isn't something too hard to do it just takes time - which I don't find why it should be invested in it. As in general settings are pre-placed with a module, if you in a milsim you probably play without a compass and if you are more on the arcade style it is on by default - nothing to switch on and off in the middle of a mission. 

2. If you took the time to post something here try to make it beneficial because i'm sure you are not expecting of me to go over all the OK and Cancel buttons on MCC and check them out. So the best way to make a request come to life is to  post a bug and how to recreate it or a request and how to fulfill it. 

3. The markers are placed in a radius of 500 meters from the objective the AO is more or less the same radius as it expend the more players are logged in.

4. Scratch the usually - the AO should always be marked with a red circle around it - it is possible that the red circle of a previous mission is still shown. 

5. If you are referring to opening MCC then yes - the mission maker will see markers related to the mission. If you are referring to the usual map - the mission maker should not see any markers that the players can't see unless the clicked the "track units" button, and if he do it is a bug and you should report what markers are visible. 

6. Indeed.

7. You'll have to accept that there are some other opinions different then yours and the polite thing to do is to ask about adding it as an option feature and not saying something is useless just because you don't like it. 

I'm sorry for delay - vacations.

First of all, each point is just a request. I don't demand anything and I really appreciate your work.  I just want to preserve clear and short style of description.

Under this link you have depictured problem 5 and 2 (respectively).

https://imgur.com/a/j41r75A

Civilian units (also markers - on the screen markers are just not present) are visible no matter which view mode is selected.

CANCEL/OK button is just a detail but in my opinion it would be better if they would lead to previous page or main MCC window.

Also I discovered that I cant "disable" option "Disable respawn" if I will enable it. But maybe this is intentional.

Also I discovered in Arsenal many rarely used stuff like (MCC) can, (MCC) metal scraps, (MCC) screwdrivers. Is it possible to remove such items at all from Arsenal?

In the mission generator, when I will choose "destroy AA" mission type, those AA vehicles provide continuous fire. This seems to be little bit artificial because it suggest presence of some aerial units.

Best regards.

I know ShayGman hates this...

But MCC is soo good. It is the go to MOD for making Zombie/Survival mods work better!!

I'm Sorry, I really got into Fear the WALKING DEAD THIS WEEK ON A BINGE!

I am Combining Ravage with MCC and the results are really surprising me.

It's really great gameplay.

@kromka Are you referring to the suicide bomber marker? This marker will always show on MCC menu (will not shown on the map) as mission maker can Ctrl+click it to manually detonate it. 

Regarding disable respawn - yes you can't enable it again. It is a very old system maybe i'll find the time to work on it allowing the mission maker option to selectively allow respawn to certain players and enabling/disabling it as he will.

MCC survival items - are just there you can't really remove them, I've given them all the (MCC) name so they will all group together so you can just skip them. 

AAA and Artillery mission generator's objective fire atmospheric ambient fire. I know it is not 100% realistic and it is there for the "look cool" effect, it is a game after all, but this is just my take you can place a manually destroy AA objectives. If you can provide an idea to do it differently I'll be glad to hear 

Will there be an achillies support patch? Or some way to disable MCC edit in addon options. It is quite annoying having to hold down alt each time to edit groups ( a lot of the times it does not even work)
Also when I hold down alt and click on unit, it puts me in remote control so theres that.
I really love this mod but this is significantly slowing down my zeus pace. 
Should be reletavily simple for modder like you to add 1 option to addonoptions, I don't have any experience with arma 3 modding so I don't know how to disable it.

On 25.8.2018 at 2:06 PM, Zero Two said:

Will there be an achillies support patch? Or some way to disable MCC edit in addon options. It is quite annoying having to hold down alt each time to edit groups ( a lot of the times it does not even work)
Also when I hold down alt and click on unit, it puts me in remote control so theres that.
I really love this mod but this is significantly slowing down my zeus pace. 
Should be reletavily simple for modder like you to add 1 option to addonoptions, I don't have any experience with arma 3 modding so I don't know how to disable it.

Yes there is and will be available next update, I just wonder do u ask the Achilis team to change their keys too or it is just me :) 

On 28.8.2018 at 6:21 PM, Leopard20 said:

@shay_gman Bug: The role selection module only detects the CSAT and NATO weapons.

Not a bug - Role Selection isn't automatically generated it is defined by the mission maker - learn more here:

https://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Configure_role_selection

Hi is there a possibility of you making it a more ww2 friendly like mcc maps for the ww2 maps and instead if the mcc console a old mcc map where you can call support :) ?

@shay_gman

I'm using MCC to order AI groups on my side around the map.Is it possible in a future update to add a "garrison" option to the waypoint options?

Similar to GAIA fortify but using it on the fly.I cannot create a GAIA Zone and order units to fortify as it causes enemy units already on the map patrolling an editor made zone to leave their zone and move to the newly made one.

Hope i explained that ok

EDIT: Nevermind i found a workaround.Didnt realize creating a zone automatically named it zone 1. I can use GAIA to garrison units without affecting editor placed zones.

Hi shay stil loving your mod and i have a request is it possible you can make it so that we can choose the height planes and helicopters move when you give them order tru the console ?

Does anyone know of a way to prevent the AI (BLUFOR or OPFOR) from automatically adding flashlights to their rifles? I can't get a session going without everyone suddenly switching on their lights and really breaking immersion with AI running around with NVD's and flashlight bouncing all through the night.

In the brushes sectio’s you can remove nvg and ADD flashlights

Hi, all! just took first look at this thread and MCC4. 

after reading wiki one thing is still not clear for me.

am i right, that MCC4 has GAIA for enemy AI only, but has no AI commander, that could build base and send units to capture areas in RTS gamemode?

I"ve found some time to release r22:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9yrd9xhjhfzmmc2/%40mcc_sandbox_a3.rar?dl=0

Spoiler

Change log r26:

Static Ships  *NEW*
    Added - Spawn BI Carrier, BI destroyer, BI submarine or CUP LHD from Zeus or 3den. Each ship will serve as respawn point and HQ and Mission maker can spawn vehicels on ships
    Added - Ship stores, players can trade credit to purchase vehicles from ships
    Added - Side commander can access the ships' fleet interface and spawn vehicles using resources
    Added - static weapons to ships
    Fixed - unable to change faction in the ship spawn menu

Medic system:
    Added - Fully integrated AI with MCC medic system. AI will heal, bandage and revive wounded AI or players.

Weapons/Items/Gear Shops: *NEW*
    Added - New weapons/items/gear shops module. Sync one ammo box to one object or unit, the content of the crate will be available to sell from the synced unit/object
    Added - Persistent parameter - the shop will save persistent data so any items in the shop will be available after mission restart - player based market.
    Added - Prices parameter - prices will be defined automatically by MCC depends on the item stats the mission maker can define how expensive one shop will be compared to other shops.

Vehicle rearm - air vehicles pylon change module
    Added - you can now repair, refuel and rearm using the rearm module.

Vehicles Camonets *NEW*
    - Added - Vehicles that supports animations source aka camo nets exc will spawn with random animations by default.
    - Added - Vehicle commander can deploy animations (camo nets exc) using MCC or ACE interaction.

Advanced Logistics system *NEW*
    - Added - Any object can be loaded into a vehicle if the vehicle space can handle the object mass. Can used to transport objects using vehicles
    - Added - Any vehicle will come by default with spare tire or spare track
    - Added - remove/install vehicle tire or track

Survival Vault:
- Changed: totally reworked the UI.

Radio System
- Changed - changed to in game sounds to make it more smooth

RTS & Campaign & Mission Wizard
    - Added - while in campaign players will gain XP when finishing missions
    - Added - replenishing group's unit will be paradrop and not just spawn out of thin air
    - Removed - Alarms from Stealth Mission Wizard mission
    - Fixed - Upgrade to advance workshop requires generator
    - Fixed - In RTS barracks counted as houses
    - Fixed - Evac Campaign helicopter keep crushing, changed so the commander can purchase evac helicopter instead of it respawning every day
    - Fixed - can't build FOB even if it is more than 500 meters away

General
    Added - Mission Wizard settings module - configure which objectives classes will be in the mission wizard by syncing the vehicles to the module.
    Added - Disable MCC edit in Zeus from MCC settings
    Added - Add Valor/Credit module to Zeus and Ed3n
    Added - 20 meters evac helicopter flight height
    Added - Armed civilians weapons can be defined in MCC settings module or by altering "MCC_armedCivilansWeapons" variable
    Added - Only logged admin can enable role selection
    Fixed - Commander console Artillery correction is calculated relative to the player
    Fixed - Role selection didn't add XP after respawn
    Fixed - Stay alive in a destroyed vehicle without able to eject when MCC medic is on
    Fixed - Save MCC to profile was bugged
    Fixed - Cruise missile CAS didn't work on dedicated servers
    Fixed - Sling loading air drops wasn't working properly
    Fixed - Helicopters spawns on the aircraft carrier explodes
    Fixed - Personal ammo boxes glitch through the ground
    Fixed - When uncaching or respawning AI air vehicles the units spawns outside the vehicle
    Fixed - Personal ammo boxes fall through terrain
    Fixed - Error message every time civilian is being shot while ambient civilian module is up
    Fixed - "Create Task first" error when trying to create a task
    Fixed - Unable to perform medical actions on self using MCC self interaction
    Fixed - Ambient Warzone didn't work well with RHS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

Thank you very much shay_gman for the update !

I would like to tell you , that the MCC for me , is so far the number 1 tool , that i have ever used in arma !

I always have MCC enabled and it helps me to work with scripts and i have played some very cool real time missions using this !

Well done and thanks again !

• Like 4