shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

I found out what was causing my issue. 

I've added VCOM AI script to all those mission files and there was a option called "Track AI movement". 

Changed this to false and it no longer marks the path :) 

Thanks for the help 

On 22.1.2018 at 1:12 PM, amonrada34 said:

could I add mcc zone via trigger?

Yes there is a module for that in 3den

On 28.1.2018 at 3:16 PM, Husker-71 said:

Those notifications are ruining my day! Love the Mod but every time I get in a chopper, am a team leader or get in a chopper etc I get a notification that tells me about some feature about MCC....problem is that there is then a 50/50 chance that  I cant close the notification..and the OK or cancel button is of screen...(so I don't Know what they look like).....meaning I have to hard shut down my entire game and reload losing any unsaved game data......Today it has done it 4 times back to back. For the love of god, I have tried everything to remove / disable this . Is there any fix for this ?

Seems like you are using something very old - there is an option to disable them after the first time or not showing them at all from the MCC settings.

On 1.2.2018 at 3:36 AM, AaChilders said:

Thanks for MCC. As a single player, this is hands down my favorite mod. I have a small issue though, every time I open MCC I have to turn down the time acceleration from 9 to 1, as I prefer real time, not a big deal but a pain after a while. I wondered if someone could direct me to the file in the PBO where those parameters are controlled. Thanks for the great content.

Are you referring to the campaign mission template?

On 10.2.2018 at 12:33 AM, BruceALMIGHTYY said:

MCC Wish List

First of all I love MCC, if these things cannot be fixed or cannot be added.
It will still NEVER Change my opinion that MCC is the best MOD in ARMA of all time.!

Still Broken..

MCC Parachute Drop PODS, Still ALWAYS flys off the map 100% of the time since like 3 versions ago.

In the Mechanics module breaching ammo. 

I have also noticed that if I use a MOD such as UNSUNG. And then try to make a campaign or use Mission Generator it gives me the factions
and then uses default modern objectives. For example:

There is already a option to use MCC interaction key and PUSH BOAT, Why limit it to push boat?

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, When making a RTS campaign or Mission Generator Mission GET RID OF THE ALARMS.

There are SOO many GREAT features of MCC. However, I think almost none of them are realized or utilized!

Please make more up to date videos of the great features. (and get rid of obsolete ones that make you waste your time, like MCC TEMPLATE)
Or even better yet, a few examples or templates of a few game modes or styles.

I doubt anyone knows or uses the Fantastic Survival mode that you have. I think it is PHENOMENAL! I would like to see actual functions expanded in this area.
And, btw Shay includes all instructions on how to do so. 
Unfortunately it doesn't apply to me, do'nt have the IQ for it.
Just a run of the mill dude, which is precisely why my opinion matters!

Yea, its me. That annoying guy. But, MCC and the wikia is the bible for me!

BEST MOD OF ALL TIME!

One day soon, I am going to complile a list of mods that MCC has or does better. BUT MAN Its HUMONGUS!

Do yall even realize what you got??

Its way more than just a cheap Zeus, teleport, arty system!

IF you study this thing like I do. We should probably all Bow down to the Almightyy ShayGman!

AND, yes I know my lips are getting brown...lol

In short:

I'll take a look at the pods

You can define any ammo as breaching ammo - just define a new one in the settings module. 

ATM you can only push boats and drag crates and fixed weapons.

i'll take care of the alarms

As far all other request exc. MCC is a more or less a one men show - and I just don't have the time to do all the things I would love to do - real life, job, family exc come first. So we'll have to do with what we have. 

With that said I would be loss with at  this mod and after all this time still learning things about it.

Thanks for all you do Shay_Gman! Btw, been using the UnderCover module and its awesome! 

I am having an issue with the login MCC control panel after unit gets revived. It works fine at mission start my group leader picks MCC from the green menu logs into MCC login R25 ACCESS GRANTED to the unit/player. I am working on a slightly modified AIS wound system for my revive for this mission. Once the group leader goes down and he gets revived I lose the MCC ACCESS and it's no longer in the menu. Is there a way to make sure the revive unit does not lose access. I have it in other revive scripts and never had this issue when the unit with access gets revived. Any input would be great.

Shay,i posted in GAIA thread but i feel i should post here because im using Gaia via latest mcc update and not the standalone version.

im having an issue with the respawn mechanic via pre placed units

i created a simple mission,created a zone,in grp leaders init i have code to make them defend zone 1,and respawn five times...

when last member is killed,2 of the 8 grp members spawn DIRECTLY where they died rather than where they were placed via the editor,so something is not rite..

i updated MCC today so im on the newest version using vanilla assets on Altis

this is the syntax im placing in the group leaders init

(group this) setVariable ["MCC_GAIA_RESPAWN",999, true];  

when using MCC console to set them to respawn,it works sometimes,but not via this line.

On 16.3.2018 at 5:36 PM, redarmy said:

Shay,i posted in GAIA thread but i feel i should post here because im using Gaia via latest mcc update and not the standalone version.

im having an issue with the respawn mechanic via pre placed units

i created a simple mission,created a zone,in grp leaders init i have code to make them defend zone 1,and respawn five times...

when last member is killed,2 of the 8 grp members spawn DIRECTLY where they died rather than where they were placed via the editor,so something is not rite..

i updated MCC today so im on the newest version using vanilla assets on Altis

this is the syntax im placing in the group leaders init

(group this) setVariable ["MCC_GAIA_RESPAWN",999, true];  

when using MCC console to set them to respawn,it works sometimes,but not via this line.

That has been fixed a few version ago - what version are you using?

On 3/18/2018 at 9:42 PM, shay_gman said:

That has been fixed a few version ago - what version are you using?

Im using R25

the link from armaholic

just got into game and opened MCC,it indeed says R25

Shay,here are some issues i have found before and after recent update...

EDIT

Also is there anyway i can stop Gaia infantry who are outside a zone requesting transport?  They are requesting transport from non GAIA aircraft/trucks. I was under impression that only GAIA controlled aircraft would have transport duties but it seems to be any valid transport vehicle. This is really something i would like to address in my mission as most large aircraft like the MI-8 (from RHS) seem to pickup infantry,then drop them off outside the zone....pick them up again,rinse and repeat.I had trouble with other scripts using this aircraft such as paradrop scripts so its something wrong with the chopper itself in this regard,possibly a seating issue.

is there an init line i can put into Init.sqf to limit transport ranges effectively?

Small bug with GAIA WP's since update: Infantry sometimes get stuck in building following a WP into a urban area's.Squad leader seems stuck and unable to move regardless of GAIA issuing another move WP. Script error appears,something to do with "clearance" ,sorry i didnt get a screen shot.

Thanks

PS another thing about Gaia transport,it is breaking user made waypoints of vehicles classed as transport such as trucks.I have for example:  One infantry group given to gaia...four non GAIA infantry squads with waypoint to GET IN to four different trucks,move 6 KM and get out...but half the time these trucks waypoints break and they just get stuck and never move.I have tested this indepth,its definetly caused by GAIA. you can see the mcc console waypoints are NOT shown for these groups whose waypoints are effected.

One or two other bugs iv found with ambient fire...

vehicles(helo/planes) hit in air generate ambient fire,but the flames stay on position in mid air,same with buildings that have been hit on the top floor,fire burns in mid air after the building collapses,and the funniest yet....after using the parachute function through mcc console,upon landing the player catches fire hahaha,fire generates momentarily on position of landing and player takes damage.

Bug since recent update :

GAIA: Error undefined variable in expression from BIS_fnc_position: 

[GAIA_Fnc_Getconflictareas] , line59              errors after about 20minutes of playtime are coming from here leading to issue orders function failing and GAIA units no longer being assigned waypoints.

So I have an issue where only the admin of a server can log into MCC, despite there not being any restricted access(access rights) modules. I tried putting one down to remedy the problem but that did nothing. I synced it with the roles and added my arma3UID to the thing and still only the admin can log in. Whenever I try to add another zeus via game master module, it can't use all of the abilities, only teleport, which is weird, since MCC zeus can. Help?

Is there a way to change what weapons armed civillians have access to?

On 18.4.2018 at 7:13 PM, pundra said:

Is there a way to change what weapons armed civillians have access to?

Nope,

Open a ticket about it and I might get to it soon

Ambient Warzone, can I spawn/despawn it via a script command? I didn't find a module for it. If there's a script command, I'd like to load it via a game logic from the editor. Thx. The only way I know is to activate it via the GUI.

I acqured the mod through the steam workshop.  Then I copy and pasted my "@MCC Sandbox 4 - Mission Making the Easy Way" into my dedicated server and added "@MCC Sandbox 4 - Mission Making the Easy Way" to the -mod  value in the command line.  But I see people claiming to use "@mcc_sandbox" or "@mcc_sandbox_a3"  Which is the correct title? Do I have to download MCC from Armaholic and use that version?  Will the workshop mod that's in my game files not work for client side?

Please help!

if you got the mod from steam it's probably the latest version. How the folder name is called doesn't matter, only the contents. Dedicated servers usually don't like spaces in the mods folders titles so just rename your version to @mcc_sandbox and I guess the people gonna be happy

Is there a good MCC CTI template or mission out there? I have looked and cannot find one. 

If not any general ideas on how to construct one? I imagine using zones rather than town objectives to start. 

@shay_gman

Recently I've made a frame mission with a Zeus and MCC operator. Simply speaking my group started test it extensively because MCC give us hope for easy missions.

Yesterdays mission gave us some strong experience with your mod and personally I give it green light (now you should hear fanfares from the heavens - no? common... :) )

Anyway I have some remarks. Key statement is that our group is relism fans (you know, all those commands, tactic, sitting hours in the bushes).

1. Missions Settings->UI settings seems to not work properly. Whatever I will set there, after next opening everything is checked. All the time. Especially something wrong is with the GUI compass which appears (unintentionally) and it is impossible to hide (restart of the mission helps).
2. Some CANCEL/OK buttons close MCC completely (eg. detailed settings in "misison settings"). It would be expected all CANCEL/OK would return to the main screen of MCC.
3. In the mission generator there is a possibility that marker should point the target precisely or approximatelly. But for more experienced groups it would be awesome if there was no marker but area of operation indicator.
4. Some red circle is also visible in the map even if it not correspond with a mission area.
5. MCC operator, when he creates a mission, despite if he will press "players" on the main screen of MCC, he see some additional markers on the map. This is not good.
6. When I press player's name in the main screen window I always center on he. It is quiet annoying because often I set the map position eg. for teleportation before selection of the player. It would be splendid if eg one click would select the player and two clicks center on he.

7. All parachute jumps starts with a demo. It is completely not necessary.

Best regards.

Hi

i have a question about spawning units and mcc.

is it possible to create a unit, like an helicopter i.e., via zeus or eden and then using it as evac with the module in mcc?

i've tried but when i open the evac module it did not recognize any existing units... i have to put them under gaia control?

thanks

Hi!
I use the background-civilian-patrol thing for my missions. It does work very good, but for some reason when someone e.g. shoots at the civilians (God forbid), this error comes up (Imgur link, it's safe)
What does it mean?

Imgur Picture

Does anybody know if it's possible while using the ambient units is there a way to do custom civilians for example I'm using cup units I would like to use either takistan civilians or chernrus. Most of Arma 3 civilians that get spawned are wearing beach attire lol. 

5 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

Does anybody know if it's possible while using the ambient units is there a way to do custom civilians for example I'm using cup units I would like to use either takistan civilians or chernrus. Most of Arma 3 civilians that get spawned are wearing beach attire lol. 

Yes.

In the Ambient Units settings in the editor, you can change faction. Here's a setting with Takistani civilians, set to BAD. 

ob8qkW5.png

On this CUP Wiki page, you can find the faction class names for the different units. Use the line in the "New name" column:

xKZfywr.png

@nutzgo TY I think I tried something similar to CUP_CIV obviously my syntext was off. I'm glad to hear that you can you custom factions with the ambient unit module with MCC. Do you know if the new bohemia civilian present module will work with custom civilian factions as well. I really can't stand Arma 3 civilian models and their appearance as well as the lack of age sex and physical appearance of the civilians.