shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Congrats to the new release, shay_gman! 

I have a question about GAIA: 

For a RAVAGE SP/MP mission I'm currently building I have a certain "storyline" which players (and also me myself)  should be able to enjoy without  the need to use MCC interface ingame.  I'm planning to use either ALiVE or indbi2 for persistence.  I do know that an MCC campaign (with madatory RTS system, right?) can be persistant, but this project is a single mission with just one big, difficult task.  I don't want to build an MCC campaign.

Therefor I'd like to use GAIA standalone to have zones, commanders for two sides, unit caching and MP persistance.  But the link in the GAIA standalone  thread is dead.  WHich files from MCC would I need to have in my mission root folder to make gaia work? And what to write in the init.sqf as the bare minimum? 

THX in advance for your advice

tourist

Hi all,

I find the MCC 4 great!

Just I have one question!

How can I select a faction for and type of my player (for an eg. a sniper,a rifleman etc.) if I want to change it the default one?

On 19.11.2017 at 5:33 PM, tourist said:

Therefor I'd like to use GAIA standalone to have zones, commanders for two sides, unit caching and MP persistance.  But the link in the GAIA standalone  thread is dead.

THX in advance for your advice

tourist

armaholic is often the last resort :D                     http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26783&highlight=GAIA  

Hi,

My team and I have just started to use MCC. We find it great ! 

We only have one problem : creating tasks. We add a task with a name and a description in the MCC menu but then the task doesn't appear in the available list so we cannont add any waypoint to the task...

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance

Wait4Code

@teilx: thx for the link; I got the DL there, but the whole design of this template mission doesn't match the installation info in the GAIA standalone thread.  None if the lines which according to the thread give units to a zone with a set behaviour do anything on the units if I put it in their inits.  The demo mission has it done in a different way; and I understand only for one of the groups how it is given to gaia, and that is the patrolling group which, contradicting the thread info, has the code written into the init of the group, not the leader's init. 

Example:

Thread says:

Spoiler

In the initialization field of the group leader put one (or more) of the following. (please see the template in the editor to understand what this does!)

// Make units patrol, mortar ect ect by just 3 things:(<ZONE NUMBER> be replaced by the zone you want it active in). Example : (group this) setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["1", "MOVE"], false];

(group this) setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["<ZONE NUMBER>", "MOVE"], false]; -> Agressive.

(group this) setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["<ZONE NUMBER>", "NOFOLLOW"], false]; -> Defensive

(group this) setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["<ZONE NUMBER>", "FORTIFY"], false]; -> Fortify

// Cache units by putting this:

(group this) setVariable ["mcc_gaia_cache",true, true];

// Make units respawn by this:

// replace <number by the number of times you want it to respawn>. Units will respawn on the location you initialy place it.

(group this) setVariable ["MCC_GAIA_RESPAWN",<number>, true];

Demo mission has in init of one of the two groups:

Spoiler

[this, "1", 1, true ] call miss_fnc_gaia_addGroupToGaia

So since they are in zone no. 1, what number is for the zone and what number is for the behaviour?  Also, the other group that seems to be on fortify order doesn't even HAVE anything in it's init - how do they know they are supposed to fortify (which I assume they are ordered to cuz they stay mostly put and one of them mounts the hmg)?

Thx in advance for any further help

On 24.11.2017 at 5:05 PM, Wait4Code said:

Hi,

My team and I have just started to use MCC. We find it great ! 

We only have one problem : creating tasks. We add a task with a name and a description in the MCC menu but then the task doesn't appear in the available list so we cannont add any waypoint to the task...

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance

Wait4Code

I"ll check it out

Can anyone help with logins of mcc? I'd like to limit mcc only for admins or an arma3 id, but only using init or something similar.

Thanks so much ;)

On 11.12.2017 at 11:47 PM, Pablogamonal said:

Can anyone help with logins of mcc? I'd like to limit mcc only for admins or an arma3 id, but only using init or something similar.

Thanks so much ;)

U can do it by using the inidbi2 mod on your server

• Like 1

Amazing, YOU are a Machine! I quit Arma and u brought me back! Just 1 thing, I know You get a million compliments, and a  million other complaints from clueless people.

I would really like to know your feelings on the whole Battle Royale/ PUBG thing. I guess I am so OLD SKOOL , Stull like P vs AI

R25 update

Change log r25:

General
    Fixed: Mission won/failed buttons required the player to create a task first.

Undercover Module
    Fixed - Module didn't work.
    Added - Text messages regarding the player is spotted or acting suspicious replaced by visual and sound effects.
    Added - AI memory, AI that spotted the players before will more likely to spot them again even if they didn't do anything suspicious.
    Added- You can now hide weapons exc in backpack and vests as long as you don't hold them in you hand or get to close to enemy AI you should be safe.

Role Selection
    Added = Support ACE - will gain XP when using ACE and Role Selection
    Changed - XP gained while using a vehicle will distributed to all vehicle's crew
    Fixed - No XP gain when kill message was off
    Fixed - Can't equip binoculars
    Fixed - BAF medics didn't have MCC FAIK

Medical System
    Added: Used bandages models after bandaging a unit
    Added: Used injector model after using Epipen
    Added: Used IV Bag after using IV bag
    Added: Medical garbage after using Doctor Bag
    Added: Curator and 3den module to set AI unconscious, one can disable the units bleeding while uncoscious or force uncosciout even after treatment for MEDEVAC missions.
    Changed: Renamed MCC first Aid Kit to Doctor Bag and gave it a new model
    Changed: Renamed MCC Saline bag to IV Bag and gave it a new model
    Changed: Injured civilians will show on the medic HUD
    Changed: Reduced MCC medical equipment weight
    Fixed: Can't unload wounded troop from a vehicle
    Fixed: Release action still shown after releasing a wounded unit

Interaction
    Added: Magazine's repack - under "self interaction >> equipment" repacks partly loaded magazines in the playr's inventory

Download from:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9yrd9xhjhfzmmc2/%40mcc_sandbox_a3.rar?dl=0

Steam Workshop

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Is the Commander Feature gone? The button is no longer there and the shortcut keys don't work for Commander Tablet.

The Drop pod insertion still flys off the map without dropping the pod. And, as other have stated. The settings don't always seem to hold and have to be redone.

I use the modules in the editor and it still happens randomly.

Not complaing, just observations so far.

On 1/2/2018 at 8:51 AM, BruceALMIGHTYY said:

Is the Commander Feature gone? The button is no longer there and the shortcut keys don't work for Commander Tablet.

The Drop pod insertion still flys off the map without dropping the pod. And, as other have stated. The settings don't always seem to hold and have to be redone.

I use the modules in the editor and it still happens randomly.

Not complaing, just observations so far.

My bad, I forgot Commander doesn't show up in the Editor.

Those notifications are ruining my day! Love the Mod but every time I get in a chopper, am a team leader or get in a chopper etc I get a notification that tells me about some feature about MCC....problem is that there is then a 50/50 chance that  I cant close the notification..and the OK or cancel button is of screen...(so I don't Know what they look like).....meaning I have to hard shut down my entire game and reload losing any unsaved game data......Today it has done it 4 times back to back. For the love of god, I have tried everything to remove / disable this . Is there any fix for this ?

On 22.01.2018 at 1:12 PM, amonrada34 said:

could I add mcc zone via trigger?

It is really interesting question! 

On 1/28/2018 at 7:24 AM, Husker-71 said:

Now 5 times...

Sounds like you have a old version and wrong display settings to me. I know what you are referring to but I have not experienced this at all since last version.

Thanks for MCC. As a single player, this is hands down my favorite mod. I have a small issue though, every time I open MCC I have to turn down the time acceleration from 9 to 1, as I prefer real time, not a big deal but a pain after a while. I wondered if someone could direct me to the file in the PBO where those parameters are controlled. Thanks for the great content.

MCC Wish List

First of all I love MCC, if these things cannot be fixed or cannot be added.
It will still NEVER Change my opinion that MCC is the best MOD in ARMA of all time.!

Still Broken..

MCC Parachute Drop PODS, Still ALWAYS flys off the map 100% of the time since like 3 versions ago.
In the Mechanics module breaching ammo. The stock claymore works 100% of the time if you use it right.
However, the breaching ammo does not and has not for a long time. This has been mentioned by me and others. The former Benelli shotgun mod by Purple is extremely outdated.
But, there seems to be no viable replacement. Myself and others have tried ALL CUP and RHS variants and it simply does not work.

I have also noticed that if I use a MOD such as UNSUNG. And then try to make a campaign or use Mission Generator it gives me the factions
and then uses default modern objectives. For example: You have to destroy a Modern CSAT vehicle in a Vietnam setting.

Or, a mod like Warfare Thai. The mod has no vehlicles, so it defaults to CSAT stuff.
I understand if this is not possible. Just a mention.

There is already a option to use MCC interaction key and PUSH BOAT, Why limit it to push boat?
I would like to be able to push almost all objects within a certain weight restriction.
Think of this, Being able to push kill an enemy, been done b4 by Feint Push Kill mod. 
Imagine a OP where you climb onto shipping containers. And Push a small Box container onto enemy down below.
Or, just useful to get unstuck/ vehicle unstuck.
Please EXPAND the PUSH.
EVEN BETTER would be a Melee option. YES, several mods have this. But, I know SHAYGMANS would be better!
I don't even really care about the animation soo much, as long as it works!
Make the PUSH option have a configurable KEY.
Of course, have a weight limit and distance for it. But, make it be big enough for the examples I listed above.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, When making a RTS campaign or Mission Generator Mission GET RID OF THE ALARMS.
It frankly ruins the game immersion completely! I even use Zeus and adjust the location if it is slightly off on the side of a hill or something.
And I delete the ANNOYING ALARMS, and they still don't go away. No one likes those ALARMS!

I LOVE the new objectives you have included. But, I still say more, much more. Maybe, You could do a poll for ideas from the community on what kind 
of ideas for new objectives. And, option to include some underwater objectives, NOBODY in ARMA is really doing anything in the Underwater realm except Feint and VON Quest.
And, VON Quest stuff I don't even believe is available on STEAM.
I guess some ideas similar from OLD School SIDE missions from Arma 2 Domination might be a consideration.

There are SOO many GREAT features of MCC. However, I think almost none of them are realized or utilized!

Please make more up to date videos of the great features. (and get rid of obsolete ones that make you waste your time, like MCC TEMPLATE)
Or even better yet, a few examples or templates of a few game modes or styles.

I doubt anyone knows or uses the Fantastic Survival mode that you have. I think it is PHENOMENAL! I would like to see actual functions expanded in this area.
And, btw Shay includes all instructions on how to do so. 
Unfortunately it doesn't apply to me, do'nt have the IQ for it.
Just a run of the mill dude, which is precisely why my opinion matters!

Yea, its me. That annoying guy. But, MCC and the wikia is the bible for me!

BEST MOD OF ALL TIME!

One day soon, I am going to complile a list of mods that MCC has or does better. BUT MAN Its HUMONGUS!

Do yall even realize what you got??

Its way more than just a cheap Zeus, teleport, arty system!

IF you study this thing like I do. We should probably all Bow down to the Almightyy ShayGman!

AND, yes I know my lips are getting brown...lol

Got a slight problem with MCC at the moment. Whenever I add units via MCC they start to paint out small dots on the path where they have been walking. Also marking the map with "DEAD" where the units died. If I have alot of units out and about this drains the performance massively to the point I get like 10FPS.

Is this an option I accidentely turned on?

Geffel, could you be a little more specific. List exactly what and how you placing units and how you are viewing them. Also, is it in the editor, dedicated server or what?

Here is a couple of screens.

This occurs when adding units via "Spawn in zone", "Spawn" and manually placing units via Zeus

I'm hosting this on my dedicated serverbox

https://imgur.com/a/uUCMd

Each line shows where an units have been traveling

This happends on my self made mission file, it's basically a template file where I've added respawn location and some units to pick as player.

On some mission file this do not occur so I believe it's some kind of option or feature I've turned on but I can't figure out what it is

What map? Does this happen if you host from your PC as well?

I don't think it's anything you have done. I bet it's server related.  Who do you use?