shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hi Shay_gman

i would like to report a bug. If i put the HUD Modul in the editor, it is impossible to get in the 3rd person view. The 3rd Person Setting is set on "Everyone".

• Like 1

Hey guys,

we have some bugs with MCC R21.

• We can't add paradrop support like "ammoboxes with parachute" or "cars via slingload" to the MCC Commander Support Tablet. After clicking the "add to console" button in MCC the list in the commander tablet is still empty.
  • Parachute and Halojump is buggy with more than 2 players on dedicated server. Some players of the group are teleported into the heli, some of them not (randomly!). It doesn't work when you select the whole group or selecting specific players of a group.

Thank you so much for the best mod in Arma 3! The bomb defusal in the mission generator is really awesome! Brings a lot of fun! Hope you will implement more cool mission targets :)

Hi Shay

Just some feed back from R21.

- As you know by know the MCC HUD module prevents players from going into 3rd person even when it is allowed.

- I'm not sure the artillery system is working, I recently gave myself (in mcc) some 120mm round and when I went into the tablet all kind of random items like pistol mags and smoke grenade were in the slot where you select the 120mm rounds

- The Fire module - It would be good if we had the option to select if we want burning crew or bush fires. I would really like the burning crew feature, but I'm not a huge fan of a bush fires as the fire model is very ArmA 1sh.

- Birds module - Great idea, but the chances of the birds flying off need to be brought down. They loose their effect when they happen too much, I've seen 3 flocks fly off at a time as my team moved across a field.

- The parachute function is still buggy as it leaves some players at random behind, from memory it has always been like this but once it came time to jump from the chopper all players get teleported to the chopper.

By far my favorite addition is the Atmosphere module you have really nailed the atmosphere effects. I'm guessing however for the snow and blizzard there is no way of making it 100% overcast without it automatically starting to rain and thunder? Also I would remove how the snow and blizzard effect make the screen go bright a bit it makes for night mission a bit too easy to see and kind of looks artificial (unless that is what makes the snow flakes look white)

Here is a recent MCC Roleplay mission we recently played making the most of a lot of MCC features and how to use them in particular GAIA.

Loving the Snow atmosphere effect and of course GAIA. Shame we didn't see any burning men but the guys did say they got plenty of frights from the birds.

I will say the random fire looks much better with blastcore.

Just drag the brush over all the map area

• Like 1

Hey shay_gman, first off, thanks for MCC, this really improves my mission making quality of life!

Now for the obligatory bug post! So I'm trying to save the MCC generated mission I've set up, so I go to save/load, save to sqm., and then paste the clipboard code over the code that's already in the mission.sqm (I've got binarized disabled just to be sure), save and then go to load the mission back in the Eden editor and I get this error pop-up:

File C:\Users\MyName\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\ThatGingerBastard\mpmissions\Operation_Tree_Frog.Tanoa\mission.sqm, line 51:Config: End of line encountered after this setVariable ['RecAttributeOwners',[west]];[this,'RscAttributeTaskDescription',['Task: Rescue Sergeant Tyler Clarke. <br/><br/>Yesterday Sergeant Tyler Clarke was captured by enemy forces operating in the area.<br/>From gathered intel we believe that he is held captive around here.<br/>Find Sergeant Tyler Clarke and bring him home.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Is there a way to make an exclusion zone for GAIA units from one faction?

For example I've got a mission running where all of Stratis is in Marker 1, The AI are free to roam around and react to the whole of Stratis. But just to make my insurgent mission a bit easier, I want it so they won't venture into the center of a particular forest.  

Is it possible to mark out an area or set a radius on a spot where the GAIA will end pursuit, such as when they reach their marked limit for NoFollow? 

I don't know if the command would make a difference, but I only need it to work for NoFollow squads anyway. 

5 hours ago, owmyeye said:

Is there a way to make an exclusion zone for GAIA units from one faction?

For example I've got a mission running where all of Stratis is in Marker 1, The AI are free to roam around and react to the whole of Stratis. But just to make my insurgent mission a bit easier, I want it so they won't venture into the center of a particular forest.  

Is it possible to mark out an area or set a radius on a spot where the GAIA will end pursuit, such as when they reach their marked limit for NoFollow? 

I don't know if the command would make a difference, but I only need it to work for NoFollow squads anyway. 

Set the GAIA units to Defensive not Aggressive that should keep them inside their zone.

through Zeus, when i spawn an Ammo box and double click it to open the equipment storage manager, It imediately closes and is replaced by the MCC object attributes editor. The MCC object attributes editor is very useful especially that box where you can execute stuff. But for things like editing an Ammo box's contents, the vanilla interface is much more intuitive.

This closes immediately:

20170313232412_1.jpg

And is instantly replaced by this:

20170313232354_1.jpg

Is there a way to access the vanilla equipment/content editor, like perhaps adding a button next to "CARGO -->" (or maybe even replace it) that opens up the interface in the 1st pic?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rekkless said:

Set the GAIA units to Defensive not Aggressive that should keep them inside their zone.

You misunderstood. Zone 1 covers all of Stratis. They actually can't leave the zone because of the island. However I want to set a sub-zone inside it where they won't enter. So they will go all round Stratis but stay out of a small marked area.

I could split the island up into different zones to leave out the bit I want to exclude, but then that will mean splitting up the defenders, which will not be practical for the mission I'm making.

Yea, as was said....3rd person dont work..IDC about that. I like 1st

The whole command thing is goofy.

The only thing that is spot on is if u use the heli.

Arty doesnt work, and Cas, doesnt work, and the worst is UAV.

Probably been said b4, but why do we have to hear the alarm AFTER the objective is completed?

Ctrl end worked b4, still does, but assets SUCK

Having a weird issue.  I haveVAS box, If I make a loadout it saves but cant load. I suspect that it is only limited to 10 or 15 loadouts.

It ALWAYS seem to disreagard my SCOPE/optics.  I made sure to use RHS gun and OPTIC, but MCC VAS Wont save my scope. Its very annoying to have to go to VA every time I die.

Can anyone confirm?  ...seems like it only has like 10, but shows much more.

Even typing this, I know it must seem unclear, PM to clarify.

Currently it doestnt work anyway. How ever when arty DOES work again.

Does the Ruler need to be from the the spotter or the ACTUAL arty position?

Ok so Since the recent BIS update to 1.68 MCC seems to be ignoring some of my rules in the mission generator. For example I tick mortars to none and she spawns in mortars. Another oddity is that when someone logs out their body turns ai and stays in game. Not sure if it is tied to MCC but thought you should know.

In EDEN editor, MCC Mechanics module, when you click on "Cover system UI" the drop down list doesnt work. So its stuck to YES.

JJEZVoV.jpg

36 minutes ago, zafjr said:

In EDEN editor, MCC Mechanics module, when you click on "Cover system UI" the drop down list doesnt work. So its stuck to YES.

JJEZVoV.jpg

Oh It is MCC that is causing this? I spent ages trying to figure out why the menus refused to drop down. For me it doesn't just happen with MCC module menus but all drop down menus.

@rekkless  ....errrrr now that you mention it, Im not even sure if its MCC causing it :p. It just so happens it happened to me only for that one option in that specific MCC module.

1 hour ago, zafjr said:

@rekkless  ....errrrr now that you mention it, Im not even sure if its MCC causing it :p. It just so happens it happened to me only for that one option in that specific MCC module.

Lucky you, for me it is every dingle drop down menu. It is something in the Vanilla code as I just ran the game with no mods at all got the same problem.

@rekkless I've had the same issue with drop downs from everything, not just MCC. I have to drag the menu to a new location, then it works. It's annoying, but you can get around the problem.

That is a 64Bit update issue that is being worked on.  BIS mentioned a hotfix coming up for issue with the latest update.