shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

4 hours ago, Zakuaz said:

LaVerda, Do not believe there is a newer version yet man. I think Shay still suggests running that version on the workshop.

armaholic is from 2015 i don't want to download from workshop since our whole unit modpack is via a3sync rather download off a googledrive or armaholic

7 minutes ago, LaVerda said:

armaholic is from 2015 i don't want to download from workshop since our whole unit modpack is via a3sync rather download off a googledrive or armaholic

There was a way to download the file from the workshop instead of subscribing, but I haven't done it in awhile. Maybe look around a little. I'm not home to check for you right now.

Fire

The Armaholic version is up to date (release 4-11-2016, release 19)!

8 minutes ago, foxhound said:

The Armaholic version is up to date (release 4-11-2016, release 19)!

Okay i might of saw an old link thank you.

Hello,

i have a problem with the AC130 camera's view and the UAV connection:

When I access to the AC130 camera on the MCC commander console, the camera's view shows my first person view (the player) on the black and white screen, instead of the plane's point of view.

When i spawn an UAV and try to access to his camera view with the MCC commander console, i always have the message which tells that there's no connection. If I use the native UAV console of the game, it works.

I made a fresh install of ArmA 3 Apex and all DLC, launch the game with only the last updates of CBA and MCC Mod, but I always have these 2 problems in the single player editor and in the multiplayer lobby.

Have you got these problems ?

Thank you for your help and sorry for by bad English !

Alain.

Hello,

Is there anyone who can try the AC130 camera view and the UAV connection, and tell me if he has the sames problems ? Have you ideas about what i make wrong ? Thanks a lot, Alain.

i have a problem with the AC130 camera's view and the UAV connection:

When I access to the AC130 camera on the MCC commander console, the camera's view shows my first person view (the player) on the black and white screen, instead of the plane's point of view.

When i spawn an UAV and try to access to his camera view with the MCC commander console, i always have the message which tells that there's no connection. If I use the native UAV console of the game, it works.

I made a fresh install of ArmA 3 Apex and all DLC, launch the game with only the last updates of CBA and MCC Mod, but I always have these 2 problems in the single player editor and in the multiplayer lobby.

For those who can't wait for the R20 you can disable the helicopter message by passing this anywhere. It's client side and it saved to the profile so no need to put it on init file.

profileNamespace setVariable ["MCC_FCtutorialLogisticsHeli",false];

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shay_gman said:

For those who can't wait for the R20 you can disable the helicopter message by passing this anywhere. It's client side and it saved to the profile so no need to put it on init file.

Thank goodness

cheers Shay!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, shay_gman said:

This is can appreciate!

@shay_gman

I know I am late to the MCC party, but I just wanted to say thank you to you for this work. It has made ARMA so much more playable, and fun. The brushes, the instant action, it is all so amazing. And the arty module... oh man when I heard the chatter... 

Thank You Sir!

• Like 2

Hello, thanks for the great mod!

I'm having a slight issue with the mission generator, I enjoy selecting the 'Destroy Artillery' option as it adds a lot of atmosphere hearing it firing as you approach. However it seems that sometimes the artillery will just blow up after it spawns, happens every time the mk6 mortar is selected and sometimes bigger artillery. Pretty sure this was without any other mods but will confirm this later.

Cheers!

On 19.1.2017 at 4:55 PM, reggaeman007jah said:

@shay_gman

I know I am late to the MCC party, but I just wanted to say thank you to you for this work. It has made ARMA so much more playable, and fun. The brushes, the instant action, it is all so amazing. And the arty module... oh man when I heard the chatter... 

Thank You Sir!

Thanks great video. It's even cooler when you let an AI squad under your control do the job 

http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Forward_Observer_Artillery

5 hours ago, Mashroom said:

Hello, thanks for the great mod!

I'm having a slight issue with the mission generator, I enjoy selecting the 'Destroy Artillery' option as it adds a lot of atmosphere hearing it firing as you approach. However it seems that sometimes the artillery will just blow up after it spawns, happens every time the mk6 mortar is selected and sometimes bigger artillery. Pretty sure this was without any other mods but will confirm this later.

Cheers!

Thanks i'll check it out

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shay_gman said:

Thanks great video. It's even cooler when you let an AI squad under your control do the job 

http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Forward_Observer_Artillery

Thanks i'll check it out

Just to confirm this is happening when I'm running no mods or just with CBA.

To reproduce I just generate a mission with 'Destroy Artillery' as an objective, if you select AAF I believe the only thing it can be is the mk6 mortar which will be destroyed 100% of the time.

Thanks

Not sure if this is been an issue that has already been raised, but no tracked or static vehicles appear under the RHS factions.

Cheers.

On 24.01.2017 at 10:27 PM, Stagler said:

Not sure if this is been an issue that has already been raised, but no tracked or static vehicles appear under the RHS factions.

There is a real problem with RHS and others mods factions. Unless you spawn some units from factions (Just few of them, like soldiers\tank\btr\heli) in Editor (Eden, before start mission) - you will not be able to use them at MCC\Zeus editor.

Let me first of all say that I think MCC is the best mod ever hands down.

I used to use it successfully over a year ago on a daily basis. Then I
 stopped playing for the last year and for the last month that I have been back.

I have not been able to get it to work on anything other than Altis, Stratis and
 Tanoa. I am/was ONLY using Steam Workshop mods: CBA, MCC, CUP Core, and Cup Terrains.

And YES, I have all updated on client and server with the correct mod command lines.

I have tried my own templates with various description.ext and sqf file. I have tried
 others templates. And downloaded other peoples maps/missions.

When using MCC on any other map that the 3 default ones, this is what happens…

MCC spawns them like 100 meters in the air, OR below the map, or they glitch out
 blinking and lying down and getting up.
Zeus spawns units just fine, but defeats
 the purpose if you want to use Mission generator.
Standard answer people give me is, it works for me.

As far as I can tell. I would bet all of you have 1 common denominator. And that
 is, you run your own dedicated server and not a rented server.

I have tested this extensively on NFO servers and Host Havoc servers. Nothing works.
So, I used my old PC and hosted a server BINGO!

EVERYTHING WORKS on the very first try!

I have seen ZERO reference to this issue anywhere. I stumbled onto it because I found
 an unrelated thread of people creating some missions that had no playable units.
 Even though in the editor they were playable.

The same thing happens with the MCC template on maps for CUP, they have no playable
 units on some maps or it kicks you right back to your default server mission.

MCC IS NOT THE PROBLEM! YAY! 

But, THIS IS a MAJOR Problem.

Think how many people have probably downloaded MCC for
 their RENTED and end up deleting because they think it sucks or is broken!

I knew how good MCC was, that’s why I was going  INSANE!. I thought it was a 
incompatablity issue with updates.
If anyone knows of a workaround, that would be great. Please post it.
I feel it has something to do with Steam running on the dedicated server where as it
 does not for a rented server. Just my hunch.
I’m just a guy who wants to play on ALL the maps and NOT spend hours making missions,
 that’s why I wanted MY MCC back.
My frustration nearly drove me insane over this; I bet it is still an issue for a lot
 of people and they don’t know it and just gave up.

I apologize to anyone I irritated over this.

Please look into this and post on other forums and report to BI.
It’s a shame so many people probably give up using this mod because of this issue.

On 7/9/2015 at 3:12 AM, rekkless said:

Well in all honesty all the maps I play on in the Tactical map pack work the same. It doesn't matter if youre playing on Altis, Namalsk, Podagorsk or Fallujah. The actual map has no bearing on how MCC (at least in our mission collection) works.

So my guess is this: The version of MCC you have is bugged and broken. Also when uploading MCC to your server I bet there was some kind of corruption.

Fast roping for yourself works 100% fine in MCC, while making that video I did it to myself half a dozen times. AI or real people I have no problem what so ever in doing it. Hell in that video I even fast rope myself. You can see it working.

The MCC HQ and MCC Respawn system like I said in the video I don't use it. Not for any other reason than we use Ares to spawn bases and use Zeus Respawn system (which is why I can't wait for the next MCC update when we will be able to make players a respawn location). But the few times I have used it worked fine. Again using the tactical map pack. But even on Master maps and MCC Templates we had no problem.

To me it sounds so much that what you are running on your server and on your PC isn't working properly. I've had this issue before with rented servers.

However the missions you are making also these so called templates might be missing something also.

And what map is the Special Forces map? That sounds to me like you are trying to edit some kind of workshop mission. Or you a having a mod conflicting with MCC.

I don't know. I can't replicate ANY of the issues you speak. I can get fast roping working perfectly for myself, my players and any AI. I never have problems with randomly dieing, I never have problems with not having any guns, I've never had the game crash while trying to log into Squad Dialog.

Now this isn't to say that it isn't happening to you. But just that there appears to be issues with your machine. And my bet would be the version of MCC you are running.

This is the closest reference I could find.  That's kinda hard to pick out of 190 or so pages.

On 24.1.2017 at 9:27 PM, Stagler said:

Cheers.

It's a bug in the current MCC version, not related to RHS or any other mod as suggested. It already been fixed in the dev version and we'll be  released soon.

9 hours ago, questblack said:

Let me first of all say that I think MCC is the best mod ever hands down.

When using MCC on any other map that the 3 default ones, this is what happens…

MCC spawns them like 100 meters in the air, OR below the map, or they glitch out
 blinking and lying down and getting up.
Zeus spawns units just fine, but defeats
 the purpose if you want to use Mission generator.
Standard answer people give me is, it works for me.

I played on Havoc server with zero problem. Most likely you are using the mod on top of the mission version. 

• Like 1

No sir, don't use the mission version at all. Deleted anything I may have had as far as that goes. Using my template and a few others sent to me by others. And, I checked the contents of their mission as well.

On 1/27/2017 at 3:46 PM, shay_gman said:

It's a bug in the current MCC version, not related to RHS or any other mod as suggested. It already been fixed in the dev version and we'll be  released soon.

Awesome.

Cheers shay

I have two issues with the current build:

1. Sometimes MCC moves red units to the blue faction (spawning red units in a zone may result in the units killing eachother).

2. I can't disable Teleport to team through the settings module - it still works even when I choose to disable it.

3 hours ago, goldenfiver said:

I have two issues with the current build:

1. Sometimes MCC moves red units to the blue faction (spawning red units in a zone may result in the units killing eachother).

2. I can't disable Teleport to team through the settings module - it still works even when I choose to disable it.

Noticed the same thing as #1 here.

Help needed.

Don't know should i post here or ACE forum. So i start here. I start mission editor and make a mission. With MCC mission works fine. If i add any module from ACE, mission won't start or Role Selection screen shows no roles available. This happens other way around too. Just can't get MCC work with ACE. Is there something special i should do to get these work together?

Thanks.

On 13.2.2017 at 0:24 PM, BWMake said:

Help needed.

Don't know should i post here or ACE forum. So i start here. I start mission editor and make a mission. With MCC mission works fine. If i add any module from ACE, mission won't start or Role Selection screen shows no roles available. This happens other way around too. Just can't get MCC work with ACE. Is there something special i should do to get these work together?

Thanks.

What ACE module did you added?