shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

I set a start and a end-point and the mortar saturates the area in between with ordonance,in even number of rounds,3-round---then moving to another place ,shelling it too- the next place until it reaches a pre-determined point.

Hi Shay,

Since the update, I no longer seem to be able to spawn the "(MCC) supply box" or any of the other ammo/supply/fuel containers for that matter.
This is both in the 3d editor, in Zeus and in the mcc ui itself.

The new update is great! Appreciate the hard work.

Nikolai

I get array error when placing a vehicle kiosk module and the "start campaign" module also does nothing. I usually get the array errors on every MC module. I've got the latest CBA from workshop running.

Could we get a placeable kiosk for units?

Also, will item/weapon shops will ever be a thing, the vehicle kiosk is AWESOME, I really love that part.

Thanks for the up-date Shay   :wub:  

Hello everyone ! Very good jobs thank's for that !

I 'have a question: I play on public server and we want to use the MCC Sandbox 4, but everybody can access to the zeus. Do you know how to limit the access for x players please ?

And it's necessary to have the addon on client side for work ?

Thx, sorry for the language i'm French with bad english ++

Hello everyone ! Very good jobs thank's for that !

I 'have a question: I play on public server and we want to use the MCC Sandbox 4, but everybody can access to the zeus. Do you know how to limit the access for x players please ?

And it's necessary to have the addon on client side for work ?

Thx, sorry for the language i'm French with bad english ++

Access right module: http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Modules

I have a question about the campaign i started one from zeus module...just for see how it works...and now i want to start a new clean one but it seems to have an auto save system...can t find any wiki about this...how can i do?

thanks

bye

forgive me for my bad english!

I have a question about the campaign i started one from zeus module...just for see how it works...and now i want to start a new clean one but it seems to have an auto save system...can t find any wiki about this...how can i do?

thanks

bye

forgive me for my bad english!

MCC save the camapign you can delete the data by pressing the Save/Load in MCC and clicking on the clear DB 

Hello Shay

I am experiencing a very odd bug.

When im testing in the editor,i place a unit,place mcc settings and enable survival mode(with looting enabled)

what happens upon loading into the map is bizzare...

Once i spawned in,and i was teleported to random part of map

second time it spawned my nato unit,with a weapon from a mod pack(thi happened a few times with multiple different mod packs)

and another time i spawned in.....and just fell over and died.

I recently did a clean install of arma,all my mods are up to date.I have about six other mods(dont use ACE) so i will try to find if there is a conflict and report back,hopefully you might look into it.

Thanks

EDIT: I tested without all mods bar CBA disabled and it still happens. The funny thing is i tested the survival module yesterday and this didnt happen.My game folder is a fresh install too so im pretty clueless in finding the issue.I also tried launching survival mode from the commander console setting,as soon as i do,my character just dies.Again this is in the editor preview mode,latest mcc build.

EDIT2: upon further testing,this happens 100% of the time if i preview as a single unit.Previewing as part of a squad doesnt kill my unit,however it does play a weapon holster animation before finally placing my weapon back in my hands,quite strange.

DON'T PREVIEW - seriously I think it's buggy as hell same as typing #restart in MP session - 100% bugs. Just exit the mission and press play. 

More thx for your prompt response !

Other questions :  -how we can login to two person on MCC ?

-With zeus I place a IED/Suicide Bomber on unit civilian, car or objet but I have a text : no object selected

Suggestion ? Thx Shay_Gman !!

Sorry for language ...

Hi guys,

In single player, since the last update, I cannot spawn any armor units in a zone and only infantry groups are available from the spawn groups list. I also cannot spawn any other group type.

Also, when I try and spawn OPFOR units in a zone, some of them spawn as Blufor.

I've tried this with no other mods installed as well.

Spotted an issue:

When I use the air support function and choose an option using planes (e.g. a Wipeout bombing run or JDAM) the two planes spawn on top of each other and instantly explode. 

Can you assign units spawned on HC (Headless client) to GAIA? (without adding the GAIA standalone scripts to the mission)

I am using this line after spawning a group on the Headless Client using a working script (without this line, the units spawn on the HC): 

(_newGroup) setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["1", "NOFOLLOW"], true];

GAIA takes control of the group, but the units spawn on the server instead of the HC. (at least, according to our bebugger)

I keep getting popup hint messages such as 'Logistics Helicopter' at the start of every mission, even the BIS ones. I assume it is MCC doing this. Is there a way to disable them?

HI SHAY whats up?

This is roy from ARMA-IL community . 

The key is not working ( MCC mod), mybe u  didnt update him in the last mcc update.

Please Help .

Hi Shay,

in the Console there is a brush called "delete all ammoboxes"

Is there a way a can use that in a trigger via a trigger area radio alpha command for example?

I will be spawning loot in a mission,but on a trigger i want it all to despawn,rather than always going into the mcc console and manually brushing the entire map all the time.

Hey guys

Could someone do me a small favor and just do a quick test? Just create a zone and try and spawn some armor units in it. Have you been able to? Do other units spawn as Blufor even if the faction isn't? Try also to spawn different groups in it, can you choose different groups?

Because since the last update I can't and it's driving me nuts!

Cheers

Hey guys

Could someone do me a small favor and just do a quick test? Just create a zone and try and spawn some armor units in it. Have you been able to? Do other units spawn as Blufor even if the faction isn't? Try also to spawn different groups in it, can you choose different groups?

Because since the last update I can't and it's driving me nuts!

Cheers

There is a problem with the current version and spawning. I'll suggest moving back to an older version - i'll hotfix it ASAP

• Like 1

Hi Shay,

Big fan of MCC, but I was wondering if it would be possible to get a version where the sample missions aren't packed in with the mod? They're currently not being used by my group and it'd be nice to hide them from the mission selection screen. I've tried unpacking the PBO, removing the sample missions folder and all references to the missions from CfgMissions.hpp and config.cpp but then I get an error about 

ErrorMessage: Include file mcc_sandbox_mod\definesMod.hpp not found.

The file is there and the #include was untouched but alas. 

Anyway, this isn't a huge issue, just a nice to have for the next version.

Thanks
Gib

• Like 1

I just read your change log ( at work heh) and -wow- awesome update!

Amazing how you keep adding in things that simply add to our enjoyment ( and your own I hope haha) of this game... seriously, your work and continued support for MCC is brilliant IMO. Sorry for the fan-boyish blurb but man, well done.

Is there a way to adjust any of the effects with the brushes?  I love the sandstorm brush but sometimes I'd like to have just the numerous wisps of ground dust and clutter particles without the yellow atmosphere and howling wind.

hi @shay_gman

it seems that there are some problems with HALO. (Mod loaded: ACE, CBA,MCC, RHS, ACRE ...all with the latest versions)

1. sometimes during the flight after the exit from the aircraft, the soldier continue to handle the weapon.

2. sometimes (actually "often" in our tests) MCC fails to complete the HALO process. It fails after the initial camera animation with the aircraft when the camera should switch to the first person view and you should find yourself inside the aircraft but actually the camera switch to the first person view and you are still in the initial position on the ground, dressing the pilot suit with the steerable parachute on the back . Repeating the process, for the people affected by this doesn't change the result. It continues to fail.

In our tests, it seems very frequently...consider that trying 3 HALOs we had problems 2 times. It seems that there is a relation between the initial camera animation fail and the unsuccessul HALO...

Two images...to show you.

Initial Camera animation (missing aircraft...it seems that camera is pointing in another place)

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/106228118600308751/E698A76AEFFBEB90D9FBA8465C707572245CE67A/

HALO failed...I'm not inside the aircraft

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/106228118600308903/787AD73A8D7D8D2A14227A22F65507546C2497A4/

3. Sometimes, when point 2 happens, the soldier dresses the pilot suits with the steerable parachute but with the harness in the wrong position

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/106228118600307337/FC2030C0CAF046FFBC6CEC7CC76F72F4D8F67D9B/

Beside these problems I'd like to share some enhancements in this new HALO process.

A. it could be fine to have the power to select the kind of aircraft to make the HALO...just a minor minor request but it could be good to have coherence with the mod of the faction we're using in that moment (for example RHS or anything else different from the Vanilla ones)

B. the possibility to set the path of the aircraft flight (like for example the 3WP EVAC process), or , if easier, the opportunity to set the axis fo the aircraft flight.

I'll explain the reason for this.

Consider that we made the tests in 3 people (so I don't know if with more people the problem I'm describing is bigger...anyway...).

Imagine to have a target in Rodopoli.

We'd like to insert in zone with HALO from the South..near Charkia.

OK. Select the 3 people, press HALO button, select Charkia.

The animation starts, the aircraft flyes from South to North, near Charkia eject ourself.

At the end of the parachuting(trying to maintain the position) we are largely spread from one to the another ones... one to the east of Charkia, one in the center and one to the west.

And this just for 3 people...anyway..the spread direction is from east to west...and it should ok and without any particular problem because we decide, at the beginning, to attack Rodopoli from the south. So we're aligned to start the attack.

But what should happen if we decided to attack from East or West?

The risk is that some players could be spread too near the enemy, in particular when there are more than 3 players.

I know, we could set the HALO point very far from the target zone...but it seems more a workaorund then a solution...also because is not easy to understand and evaluate before if the HALO point is far enough or not.

For this I suggest the point B or if you want to maintain the South to North direction of the HALO aircraft, could you consider to give us the opportunity to set a spread distance...or, if easier for you, to reintroduce the previous system with the camera animation that is good to see.

Thanks in advance.

There is a problem with the current version and spawning. I'll suggest moving back to an older version - i'll hotfix it ASAP

Any hotfix yet? Seems also an issue finding groups from mods. Most groups have disappeared. I don't think it is an issue with the mod as the groups appear in editor and eden.

Hey guys. I'm new here and to Arma 3 MCC. Quick question. When I spawn individual units from the same faction into the same zone, they open fire on one another until only one man is left. When I spawn multiple groups, everything is fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Hey guys. I'm new here and to Arma 3 MCC. Quick question. When I spawn individual units from the same faction into the same zone, they open fire on one another until only one man is left. When I spawn multiple groups, everything is fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Giving them ammo.

I just made a zone, spawned in a dozen NATO PAC WEST units and they are all rubbing their faces and checking their shoe laces. No blue on blue carnage occurring.  Are you using any other mods (CUP, RHS, ect...)?  What particular faction are you spawning? What map?  Can you give us a rundown of what you are SPECIFICALLY doing?