shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

So.... I love MCC and it's ability to make a quick mission for me and my friends.  My problem is, I have an earplug.sqf file that I put into a base mission I named "MCC_Base" so I can just load up a prefab base with the spawn points and arsenal and some vehicles, then we head out on the mission.  When MCC is NOT enabled through the mods, the earplug script works fine.  When it is enabled, no dice.  here's the script:

init.sqf

ep = [] execVM "earplugs.sqf";

earplugs.sqf

waitUntil {sleep 1; soundVolume == 1};
epi = player addaction ["Earplugs In",{
1 fadesound 0.3;
player removeaction epi;
hintSilent "Earplugs In";}
];
waitUntil {sleep 1; soundVolume == 0.3};
epo = player addAction ["Earplugs Out",{
1 fadesound 1;
player removeaction epo;
hintSilent "Earplugs Out";
}
];
waitUntil {sleep 1; soundVolume == 1};
removeAllActions player;

This is literally the ONLY problem I'm having with MCC.  Please help!

Try  putting this in init.sqf

0 spawn {
};

wituntil without it's own private instance in a scheduled environment isn't smart thing to do. 

also I recommend replacing the "ep = [] execVM "earplugs.sqf";" at the end of the earplugs.sqf  with

0 spawn {
};

how can i use this with exile?. im running a dedicated server. i have put the mcc key file in the right folder. gave myself all the permissions, but when i open mcc ingame and click on "login" the screen disappeers and i have to open mcc again. click login, screen disappeers. same thing over and over again.. any help is appriciated! thanks

Delayed 2 more months because you asked ! Please learn the forum rules !

Fair enough, sorry i didnt see anything on the bi forum rules "asking about updates"?

Ill be more specific with my question, will there be any inprovements on the survival mode in the next update?

Ps. I wasnt asking for the actual update, i was just looking some insight on what to expect. If the response was along the lines off "youll see" id be fine with that.

on a separate note, iv recently just scripted a persistent database for my server using inidbi, i thought mcc would only work with inidb, but it is currently saving to my database, is there a way to make mcc not save to inidbi (just trying to keep my database files in order without additional clutter as i have no use for this mcc feature) thanks....

Anyone tried playing through the East Wind recently? Waypoints keep getting broken - especially around vehicles - and MCC is about the only thing I I can find that could be doing it

I've been googling far an wide, and trawling forums, but can't seem to get any clues anywhere. So I'll try here - correct me if I'm doing something wrong.

I have read through some of the compatabilieties for MCC and it should integrate with ACE3.

If I load them seperately they work fine, but if I load them both, MCC blocks ACE out. That is - I can still get the "ace option" up in the left corner, but can't do anything there - moreso I can't change keybinds etc.

Is there anyone who knows if I can run those two mods, and what I have to do to make it work?

So just a quick question. Is anyone else having the same issue i'm having ? and does anyone know how to resolve it ?

Recently whenever i Launch MCC with CBA on, it will CTD with an Error 00000005 exception error for arma 3 or something. Yet when i turn off CBA MCC works fine, but obviously everyhing else is unstable and gives me terrible FPS drops and i lose alot of functionality for other things. However, when i have Ace, MCC and CBA running everything works fine. 

I'd love if anyone has a solution for this as a group of my friends has moved away from using ACE but i'm their Zeus/MCC Guy, so i kinda need this working without ACE. Thanks for the help guys. 

So just a quick question. Is anyone else having the same issue i'm having ? and does anyone know how to resolve it ?

Recently whenever i Launch MCC with CBA on, it will CTD with an Error 00000005 exception error for arma 3 or something. Yet when i turn off CBA MCC works fine, but obviously everyhing else is unstable and gives me terrible FPS drops and i lose alot of functionality for other things. However, when i have Ace, MCC and CBA running everything works fine. 

I'd love if anyone has a solution for this as a group of my friends has moved away from using ACE but i'm their Zeus/MCC Guy, so i kinda need this working without ACE. Thanks for the help guys. 

How did you get ACE and MCC to launch properly - have to do anything else than enable them via launcher under "mods"?

the CTD - is that consistent, or just random? because Arma somethimes just makes that error for no aparent reason - and goes away randomly.

I've been googling far an wide, and trawling forums, but can't seem to get any clues anywhere. So I'll try here - correct me if I'm doing something wrong.

I have read through some of the compatabilieties for MCC and it should integrate with ACE3.

If I load them seperately they work fine, but if I load them both, MCC blocks ACE out. That is - I can still get the "ace option" up in the left corner, but can't do anything there - moreso I can't change keybinds etc.

Is there anyone who knows if I can run those two mods, and what I have to do to make it work?

Ok i've come this far.

I can run ace, cba and mcc alongside eachother UNLESS I check the "survival" option in mcc (the one I REALLY wanna use) - then all goes south, meaning that ace radial goes away, and keybinds in ace are gone. Any takers for this particular cunundrum?

I had this report from another fella and at the end it turns out to be the Nimitz mode.I'm sorry but I have no clue on why is this error accruing. 

Ok i've come this far.

I can run ace, cba and mcc alongside eachother UNLESS I check the "survival" option in mcc (the one I REALLY wanna use) - then all goes south, meaning that ace radial goes away, and keybinds in ace are gone. Any takers for this particular cunundrum?

The survival module is bugged at the moment you can only run it from inside the mission pressing the MCC settings in the MCC console and then it will not allow any other JIP. A fix will be released soon. 

Ok i've come this far.

I run mcc,ace,cba and a few other mods and they work fine, your survival mode tho, i had to call the function for it via sqf script (i think on a loop?) its a bit off a hack job but it works, currently in work but ill post it once home.

Ps. Make sure your ace3 is up to date (prob best downloading off steam if you havent already and make sure its the official one)

Also are you using any modules?, i found some of the respawn settings dont work very well together

I can't use Multi tool to open any door in missions which are in Mod version and use claymore explosive to destroy the door.

is it bug? please help.

P.s. I use the Mod with CBA  

MCC is LIFE!   Best Mod ever!  However, I am having a issue when using the MOCAP mod. It all works fine actually, its just all the MCC error messages popping up that is really bothersome and lame.

Can those be turned off? Again the Mocap works with MCC just the annoying error messgaes. Actually this is one of those mods that should be incorporated into MCC along with Extended Movements IMO.

Thanks GMAN

• Like 1

So much good time packed into MCC haha.

I have recently been creating a small zone in a far off area and occupy it with some OPFOR then while I am sitting here on the other side of the map - I hit the ambient combat button and what for all hell to break out while I patrol around.  It has been an total blast!

The ambient combat/battle ( or is it warzone, I forget) option sure does spawn a lot of pilots lol.   It is kind of funny to hear my squad calling out  "rifleman 200m, AT soldier..."  then "pilot 300 meters, pilot, pilot" heh.

Is it possible for the ambient option to spawn IED/Sbomber or ambush elements? That would put an entire new spin of chaos on this fun free roam option I have stumbled onto.

Oh and I may be wrong but it appears if you add several playable characters to the map ( stick em in a box with move and simulation disabled IIRC) then the ambient warzone option gets even crazier with the amount of OPFOR it throws at you, good times!

I just wanted to swing by and say thanks for the UI console of pure fun you have given us!

Is a new version of MCC out ? A new UI? Where do I download this ? Haven`t see any videos and such...

Hey, I'm having an issue with MCC and the editor.

I create a new scenario on multiplayer using Tanoa as my terrain. I place a re-spwan and 6 blufor guys as playable units. Following this tutorial. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PRfhQLU5HM

I use CBA and MCC just like the uploader but when I attempt to test the scenario to see if I've done it correctly the game crashes without warning to desktop. I have tested with mods and with out them, and narrowed it down to MCC. It's the only mod to cause the crash. 

Is there a fix for this issue?

Where are you Shay...?

the world of arma need your creativity . do we wait for the 2017 MCC ?

thank u for all

This mod is a must have.Hope everything works out for you and you get time for it!   Love the mod.See it when it`s done,thanks for all the effort.

Guess I will never find the time to make proper videos exc... so let just release it as it.

I strongly recommend trying the new campaign and if someone want to make a video on it I would send him milk and cookies. 

The campaign just paint the entire map and you have to conquest square by square. 

So enjoy - and if you know of a light, mature community/clan in Europe that is playing MCC regular - or close to my time zone (GMT +2) let me know. 

Download Link - MP/SP Mod version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9yrd9xhjhfzmmc2/%40mcc_sandbox_a3.rar?dl=0

Download Link - MP Mission version - Altis:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d25xly1ln63dgd6/mcc_sandbox.altis.pbo

Change log r19:

UI Module:
- Added: UI Module can enable/disable any of the below features:
- Camera control: Force 1st person camera always or just outside of a vehicle New WIKI page - http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/UI_Module?venotify=created.
- Compass: In game compass and squad members overlay.
- Name tags: Show friendly units name/role/rank and vehicle information such as driver,commander, gunner and empty positions left.
- Squad Markers: Show friendly squad markers on the map. Only MCC squads from the role selection or Squad dialog.
- Squad Members Markers: Show squad members markers on the map.
- Suppression: Client side only Suppression effects, blur and camera shake depends on the angle of fire, the caliber and more.
- Changed: Name tags, group markers moved to the inGame UI settings module
- Added: Units that are not in your squad will show in blue while name tags is on.
- Added: Units markers (mission settings module) Show units markers on the map for all players while playing in a squad from the Squad Dialog

Role Selection:
- Changed: Removed inidbi2 dependency- persistent data will be saved to the server profile using BI profile name space - I still recommend using IniDB2 as it more robust.
- Changed: Moved to inidbi2 - local db files for each mission - http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Configure_role_selection
- Changed: Total reworked the Role Selection UI and functionality load-outs are not inherent from config files to be - http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Configure_role_selection
- Added: Resupply option from FOB.
- Added: Resupply will resupply grenade launcher rounds.
- Added: Ability to build sand bags around FOB - Squad leader - doesn't need resources but there is a limit to 14 sandbags per FOB

Mobile Respawn
- Added: Support for mobile respawn. Make any vehicle a mobile respawn by adding the presets from MCC 3d editor or Zeus. While mobile vehicle is alive you can spawn inside it if it holds enough space, outside of it if it don't and parachute out of it if its flying.

Logistics:
- Added: Can place constructions in height such as HMG on balcony exc.
- Added: Can build fortifications around FOB/Start location

Interaction Menu:
- Added: From MCC interaction mount/dismount weapons attachments with the proper animations doing so.
- Added: Switch VON radio channels from the self interaction menu.
- Added: You can place IED and mines on walls using MCC actions keys.
- Changed: Total reworked Interaction layout from list to a rose dial menu.

Ambient Civilians Module
- Added: civilians relations variable added to the module. The civilians relation variable will determine how the ambient civilians will act near players starting form positive behavior to bad behavior to extreme behavior where the civilian population will start to form militias to fight the players initializing suicide bombers and IEDs.
In the campaign killing civilians and failing objectives will decrease the player relation with them while while completing objectives will increase.  WIKI - http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Modules

Medical System:
- Reworked unconscious state, new animation and effects and you now have access to the esc menu and can still order AI.
- AI will revive downed AI or players.

Commander Console:
- Changed: Completely reworked Commander Console UI.

APEX:
- added: Apex VTOL planes will now replace the default helicopters in Parachute, HALO or Drop Pods insertions.
- added: Tanoa templates: Campaign, pvp, Rgular

Persistent Data Base:
- Added: MCC now support inidbi2 and stopped supporting inidbi 1.
- Added: MCC now have a persistent DB saving option from the save/load menu in MCC. Turn it on in your mission and MCC will save all players positions, gear, stats (health,calories, water - if used), resources, valor, RTS elements such as base buildings exc. If there is already saved data on the server MCC will load it and will continue saving. Have fun in your campaigns - Requires iniDBi 2.
- Added: Clear persistent data from players/missions.
- Added: MCC_fnc_savePlayer, MCC_fnc_saveServer, MCC_fnc_loadPlayer, MCC_fnc_loadServer functions with description for mission maker to use in their missions.

Survival Mode:
- Added: persistent survival mod. While running inidbi2 on the server MCC will save the players gear, xp, valor, health water, food, location exc every time they join the game.
- Added: Can enable survival mod without allowing player to search for loot - if you want to add some thirst and hunger element without turning it into a Dayz. Enable it from the mission setting module or missionNamesSpace variable ["MCC_surviveModAllowSearch",false]
- Fixed: Stuck when enabling Survival mod from module.

RTS:
- Added: RTS WIKIA for players - http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Rts
- Added: RTS WIKIA for developers - http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/RTS_editing
- Added: Players can buy units from barracks/sleeping areas using valor and add them to their squad even if not the actual commanders.
- Added: Vehicle Kiosk will show vehicle by faction by default - can be changed to side by setting global variable (MCC_vehicleKioskBySide = true); - http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Vehicle_kiosk
- Changed: In RTS commander can purchase vehicles from kiosk using resources while players can purchase it using valor points.

New Game Mods:
- Added: Advance And Secure (AAS) module - turns sectors to be captured in a specific linear order like in Project Reality AAS.
- Added: 2 template PvP AAS missions and a WIKI on how to create more: http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Aas

MCC Campaign:
- Added: Altis campaign template mission, mix between RTS and FPS on altis but you can create it where ever you want to: http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Campaign
- Added: Campaign templates to all the big maps including CUP - needs CUP maps, weapons and vehicles. 
- Added: The campaign module now categorized the island and divide it into zones.
- Added: Campaign progress and buildings will be saved when using inidbi2 on the server.
- Enemy side will attack the players base randomly
- Added: mission rotation - The random chance to get a recon mission - which isn't near the starting base and behind enemy lines.

Mission Wizard:
- Pick Intel and rescue HVT missions now supports new BIS hold action.
- Missions tasks will be available to all sides except the enemy sides.
- Spawned artillery will roughly marked on map.
- IED & armed civilians will be hostile to all sides except the enemy sides and not just to the player side.
- No longer spawn units without primary weapons such as rangemasters for bluefor.

VON Radio System
- Added: Using the new BI VON commands players will be restricted from not-allowed channels rather then killed when using them.

MCC CAS/Airdrops
- Added: Cruise missile manually control the missile while guiding it to his target - can be given to the side commander for him to use it as an asset the commander tab.
- Added: UAV run - allow commanders to call UAV that will mark enemy units around him in a radius defined with MCC_uavdetectRange = 500 put MCC_uavdetectRange = 0; for no detection - can be given to the side commander for him to use it as an asset the commander tab.
- Added: AC-130 - can be given to the side commander for him to use it as an asset the commander tab.

Misc:
- Added: MCC will initiate all factions once. Drastically reduce the waiting time when switching factions in MCC.
- Added: Reinforcement helicopters will be faction related.
- Added: Respawn on Squad Leader from MCC respawn screen. If enabled with "MCC_respawnOnGroupLeader" or in the MCC settings module
- Added: Module to create zones from the editor - just sync triggers to the module and they will be zones.
- Added: Breach locked door by shooting on them use custom ammo such as shotgun slug (RHS or Prpl by default) as defined with MCC_breacingAmmo example: MCC_breacingAmmo = ["prpl_8Rnd_12Gauge_Slug","prpl_6Rnd_12Gauge_Slug","rhsusf_8Rnd_Slug","rhsusf_5Rnd_Slug"];
- Added: Start Location modules spawn options (none/teleport/halo/para drop) for each individual spawn point.
- Added: MCC jukebox will read music and sounds from the mission cfg - description file.
- Added: 3D markers when spotting enemies.
- Added: MCC ammoboxes can be placed from MCC self interaction.
- Changed: Players spawns on Squad Leaders Rally Point will be paradrop and not simply teleported.
- Changed: Medic system reworked to work with the new protection system.
- Changed: Supply dropping an autonomous vehicle will drop it with crew
- Fixed: Atmosphere module.
- Fixed: Error regarding BI fnc sortBy spamming the log file.
- Fixed: Mission Wizard save hostage mission can be ended on respawn_west/east/guerilla marker.
- Fixed: Self interaction kept working even when disabled when CBA is on.
- Fixed: Can't login to MCC after the latest patch.
- Fixed: Medical system was broken (players died instantly instead of falling unconscious) and added a new WIKI page - http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/MeidcalSystem
- Fixed: Pressing the delete button while opening MCC delete the last selected group/unit.
- Fixed: Fast rope didn't worked well on MP.
- Fixed: Losing Zeus after re-spawn.
- Fixed: Zeus editing unit/object didn't work after update.
- Fixed: ILS module error when no rings selected
- Fixed: Restricted ambient civilians module didn't work on dedicated
- Fixed: Logistic dialogs for helicopters won't show crates that the helicopter can't sling-load.
- Fixed: Convoy not working.
- Fixed: Convoy spawn too many cargo units.
- Fixed: Mini game IED can be disarmed again even after disarming
- Fixed: RPT errors regarding ; at the end of file
- Fixed: MCC_make_array_group error on server.
- Fixed: Disabling MCC logistics will also disable the ability to command building from the SQL PDA
  • Like 14