shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

I just started playing with MCC (late bloomer) and like the features it brings to missions. On some custom missions, it adds to it but I am not sure if GAIA is increasing CPU usage.

So I was wondering is it possible to breakup MCC into multiple PBOs - main, GAIA and interaction functions like the ace modules? This way I can enable, disable any feature set and compare against other AI modules.

When I looked at the PBO, it appears to be an all inclusive mod.

Yes, when im starting the mission it says synchronizing and then done, but the action menu wont show up.

Ive tried the demo mission and there the action menu shows up.

I thought i just had to load the mod and it will pop up? Do i need to add something in my mission as well?

I can login as Commander when using the P menu, but neither the Commander or Game master action menu shows..

For information, im trying to use MCC on Tanoa, and have tried with both RHS unit as well as NATO unit.

Could it be that the MCC dont give access to those kind of units yet? Maybe hardcoded somehow? 

Whatever i try, i cant get the action menu to show while in my server...

Units's init fields:

if i'm writing code it do not working

If inserting (ctrl+c) it does

code:

[_this]execvm'ca\f\s.sqf';

Yes, when im starting the mission it says synchronizing and then done, but the action menu wont show up.

I thought i just had to load the mod and it will pop up? Do i need to add something in my mission as well?

I can login as Commander when using the P menu, but neither the Commander or Game master action menu shows..

I had that bug. We world our way around it By setting a keybind To open the interface.

Controls -----> mods config at the botom ------> MCC

For me when I Press crrl+delete it opens up

Most likely you have an addon running that disabling action menu or you have put the MCC Settings and selected "No" in the "Action Menu" - which removes MCC entry from the action menu. Either way the good news it seems like MCC is running on your client and you can open it from the Ctrl + Delete key by default. 

I just started playing with MCC (late bloomer) and like the features it brings to missions. On some custom missions, it adds to it but I am not sure if GAIA is increasing CPU usage.

So I was wondering is it possible to breakup MCC into multiple PBOs - main, GAIA and interaction functions like the ace modules? This way I can enable, disable any feature set and compare against other AI modules.

When I looked at the PBO, it appears to be an all inclusive mod.

Sorry not gonna happened, GAIA as every other script that is running on a computer is consuming CPU - if it is more or less then other - I don't know but it is a part of MCC and it only kicked in if you spawn units controlled by GAIA as you can spawn AI with the default BI behavior. 

Units's init fields:

if i'm writing code it do not working

If inserting (ctrl+c) it does

code:

[_this]execvm'ca\f\s.sqf';

Happens in multi-languages keyboards, something to do with the codex - no idea. But it happens to me sometimes I just type the text on the run's command line (Start + R) and paste it in game. 

Most likely you have an addon running that disabling action menu or you have put the MCC Settings and selected "No" in the "Action Menu" - which removes MCC entry from the action menu. Either way the good news it seems like MCC is running on your client and you can open it from the Ctrl + Delete key by default. 

It seems that some parts of the built-in spawn system is bugging the MCC somehow. When removing some parts i was able to get the MCC action menu to show after dying once.

What is the default button for the Commander Tablet? 

EDIT:

Okey, i found how to change the controls...Guess i should look better next time ;)

EDIT: 

Encountered an IED for the first time now, but i couldnt disarm it.. It said "Hold Left Windows to disarm", i hold it for a few minutes but nothing happens.

Can anyone please tell me what is compatible with MCC? 

Is Zues compatible

Is Alive compatible

Is ASR AI3 compatible

Is Fallujah compatible

Is ASR Map Grid compatible

That's it thank you!!!?

Hey shay, will the new version feature the shopping mechanics we talked about before?

Some more stuff I noticed.

The game likes to spawn random trucks with only 1 person in them. 

Like when I make a mission with the generator I will see a ural with only a driver just sitting on the road. And if I shoot at him, he will just attempt to drive away. Kinda nonsensical for a ural to just sit there. Maybe filter out unarmed cars and trucks for the mission generator? Unless they are used for reinforcements of course.

Hello guys!

I have little problem with mission generator.

I have created template SP scenario in 3den - main base with few fortifications, ambient units etc.
I use MCC in game to place zones where I generate mission ( I want my base area stay out of current mission ). 
Is there any way (script?) to play along after I win/fail mission?

I mean I want to be able to get back to base and generate another mission.

Also I will be very happy if there will be script to get reward for winning mission ( add resource )

I know there is MCC campaign module but couldn't find any commands to put into module ini ;/

Can I use the sandstorm module in the Editor without the yellowish collor? if yes, how to change it in script?

Recently I've had an issue unfortunately with MCC. When I enable it, I cannot interact using ACE 3. The interaction menu freezes and stays on my screen and displays bizarre behavior. I have looked into my RPT and figured this might be helpful.

3:16:42 Error in expression <
_specKeys = _keySetup select 1;

{
if (_specKeys select _foreachindex) then {_n>
 3:16:42   Error position: <_specKeys select _foreachindex) then {_n>
 3:16:42   Error Undefined variable in expression: _speckeys
 3:16:42 File mcc_sandbox_mod\mcc\fnc\ui\fn_getKeyFromCBA.sqf, line 16

{

{
 3:16:42 Error in expression <fnc_getKeybind) select 5) ;

{
if (_specKeys sel>
 3:16:42   Error position: <_keySetup select 1;

{
if (_specKeys sel>
 3:16:42   Error Undefined variable in expression: _keysetup
 3:16:42 File mcc_sandbox_mod\mcc\fnc\ui\fn_getKeyFromCBA.sqf, line 13

This was at the end of my RPT. So, I believe it coincides when I pressed my ACE key and it bugged out, then I closed my game. I can take a video if that would be helpful as well.

Recently I've had an issue unfortunately with MCC. When I enable it, I cannot interact using ACE 3. The interaction menu freezes and stays on my screen and displays bizarre behavior. I have looked into my RPT and figured this might be helpful.

This was at the end of my RPT. So, I believe it coincides when I pressed my ACE key and it bugged out, then I closed my game. I can take a video if that would be helpful as well.

I'm not sure what I can say except my group uses MCC and ACE every day in every mission with no problems. Make sure you aren't trying to use ACE in the Virtual Arsenal as it doesn't work in there for some reason.

But I can assure you MCC and ACE have no problems working together.

Can anyone please tell me what is compatible with MCC? 

Is Zues compatible

Is Alive compatible

Is ASR AI3 compatible

Is Fallujah compatible

Is ASR Map Grid compatible

That's it thank you!!!?

Yes

Hey shay, will the new version feature the shopping mechanics we talked about before?

Just for buying units not weapons exc

Some more stuff I noticed.

The game likes to spawn random trucks with only 1 person in them. 

Like when I make a mission with the generator I will see a ural with only a driver just sitting on the road. And if I shoot at him, he will just attempt to drive away. Kinda nonsensical for a ural to just sit there. Maybe filter out unarmed cars and trucks for the mission generator? Unless they are used for reinforcements of course.

The transport trucks will sit and wait for another group from it side to request transport. 

Hello guys!

I have little problem with mission generator.

I have created template SP scenario in 3den - main base with few fortifications, ambient units etc.

I use MCC in game to place zones where I generate mission ( I want my base area stay out of current mission ). 

Is there any way (script?) to play along after I win/fail mission?

I mean I want to be able to get back to base and generate another mission.

Also I will be very happy if there will be script to get reward for winning mission ( add resource )

I know there is MCC campaign module but couldn't find any commands to put into module ini ;/

What is module ini?

Can I use the sandstorm module in the Editor without the yellowish collor? if yes, how to change it in script?

Nope

{

{

{
 3:16:42 Error in expression <fnc_getKeybind) select 5) ;

{
if (_specKeys sel>
 3:16:42   Error position: <_keySetup select 1;

{
if (_specKeys sel>
 3:16:42   Error Undefined variable in expression: _keysetup
 3:16:42 File mcc_sandbox_mod\mcc\fnc\ui\fn_getKeyFromCBA.sqf, line 13

What rekkless post - shouldn't be any problem with ACE and MCC. 

i cant find the link to DL can someone please show me i think i might be blind

Here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbpinx8knu5fw42/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

Shay you really need to upload at least that WIP version to the workshop, PWS and ArmAHolic it is a vastly superior version to the version that is currently on those sites. Even if you are still working updates.

I will I just need to find the time to make a proper introduction video ... if only I knew someone that could make some YouTubes for it......  -_-

I will I just need to find the time to make a proper introduction video ... if only I knew someone that could make some YouTubes for it......  -_-

B) Message sent.

• Like 1

You two get crackin!  I've been waiting for the new MCC for months now!  From what you posted earlier @Shaygman it looks awesome!

I can't wait to see the bug fixes and new ideas you've implemented.

Shay_gman, is it possible to use the MCC to make auto generated random Mission/SideMission?

Been using this mod for almost 3 years now mostly for the random mission generation. It's pretty important to our group, so thanks for making it. Just curious but are you planning on updating MCC in the near future?

I've had a few questions recently:

• I found that certain objectives bug out with certain factions. For example on Zargabad using Syndikat I tried to generate a mission twice using demo weapon cache as an objective alongside kill HVT and intel. My mission generator would just hang endlessly loading the mission, unable to generate the last objective and the loading bar still on my screen. Yet when I changed out that objective it had no problem. This seems to vary on maps (including vanilla ones) and locations. Is there any way to kill the mission generator and stop it where it is?

• The Disable IED objective minigame does not complete the objective upon completion. If you succeed in disabling it and then try to disable it again, it will re-arm and explode if you fail. Meaning that you never actually disable the IED, ever. So there's no point in even doing the objective since nothing changes.

• Is there a way to disable effects such as blizzards and sandstorms once they're on the map?

• Is there a way to change the default keys for interaction so that players don't have to disable them in configuring? I don't like having to walk each new player through this process of rebinding those keys. In the cases that it interferes with default ACE keys.

• Is there a way to delete a zone or disable units from spawning in it?

I believe the blizzards, etc. can be killed with a brush, but I haven't tried it in awhile.

WRT the interaction keys I though the ace interaction key integrates the MCC interactions as well automagically?

I believe the blizzards, etc. can be killed with a brush, but I haven't tried it in awhile.

That's the thing I thought was meant for this action but it doesn't end up doing anything for me.

WRT the interaction keys I though the ace interaction key integrates the MCC interactions as well automagically?

It doesn't overwrite - in fact MCC can stop ACE from opening. There's a way to disable MCC interaction through modules in the editor, but it doesn't always work for some strange reason. I run a custom mod pack with MCC in it so I would be able to change files if I could find it here. I took a quick peek but I couldn't find anything obvious to me.