shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Which is the best most up to date version of MCC to use?  mod or script?

So 3 more suggestions for the mission generator

1. I noticed when you set multiple objectives such as "destroy 3 ammo caches" or "destroy 2 ammo caches and kill 1 hvt", it tends to spawn the objectives VERY VERY close to each other. Like the last 3 times i played, the ammo caches were literally within feet of each other.

2. A lot of times The ammo caches are completely undefended. Like no one even close to them.

3. I see that the system likes to spawn units around urban areas or buildings. For tanoa, it would be nice if it would just spawn units/missions in the area that you define with the yellow box. That way, you can have missions set only in the jungle. As of right now, if you only set the area as jungle a lot of the times it will ignore that and set the mission in the nearest small village or town. This sometimes works because it sometimes spawns units patrolling in the jungle, but not always. 

Still having a ton of fun with this as usual!

• Like 1

Which is the best most up to date version of MCC to use?  mod or script?

Mod

So 3 more suggestions for the mission generator

1. I noticed when you set multiple objectives such as "destroy 3 ammo caches" or "destroy 2 ammo caches and kill 1 hvt", it tends to spawn the objectives VERY VERY close to each other. Like the last 3 times i played, the ammo caches were literally within feet of each other.

2. A lot of times The ammo caches are completely undefended. Like no one even close to them.

3. I see that the system likes to spawn units around urban areas or buildings. For tanoa, it would be nice if it would just spawn units/missions in the area that you define with the yellow box. That way, you can have missions set only in the jungle. As of right now, if you only set the area as jungle a lot of the times it will ignore that and set the mission in the nearest small village or town. This sometimes works because it sometimes spawns units patrolling in the jungle, but not always. 

Still having a ton of fun with this as usual!

The mission wizard looks for building only if you set the CQB option on... otherwise it will look for empty places to place the objective

Mod

The mission wizard looks for building only if you set the CQB option on... otherwise it will look for empty places to place the objective

hmmm

im pretty sure a lot of the times when i designate a big open area it gives me an error that says "no buildings found" or soemthing.

Or I will designate a big open area that maybe has 1 small building in it, and it concentrates nearly all the troops in the small building.

I could be remembering wrong though. Il have to test it more. 

When playing with the MOD version from this forum and the one on the steam workshops. it wont let me place down IEDs/Claymores etc, when I scroll down on the action menu, it shows either MCC or my secondary weapon or primary. is there a fix for this or am I doing something wrong?

I'm trying to figure out a way to make a Valor based economy using MCC. Basically i want my character to gain valor from killing enemies, destroying enemy vehicles, and successfully ending any task. MCC valor already has the necessary framework (including RTS).

While I can, kinda, get my head around the enemy killing part, the rest is like voodoo dark magic.

For killing I guess I need to use the killed event handler and use something like this:

player setVariable ["MCC_valorPoints",(player getVariable ["MCC_valorPoints",50])+200,true];

What is that 50 after MCC_valorPoints?

Man I really wish Arma 3 had some community money+shop script you can plug into missions you want. I tried out wasteland, but it doesn't have money gain on kill, but the shop script is cool. Can't find any KotH mission file to dissect. For now MCC seems like a best place to try adding money/valor gain on kills.

When playing with the MOD version from this forum and the one on the steam workshops. it wont let me place down IEDs/Claymores etc, when I scroll down on the action menu, it shows either MCC or my secondary weapon or primary. is there a fix for this or am I doing something wrong?

AFAIK MCC doesn't change effect the action menu - it strange what you describe, can it be related to other mod that you are using? 

I'm trying to figure out a way to make a Valor based economy using MCC. Basically i want my character to gain valor from killing enemies, destroying enemy vehicles, and successfully ending any task. MCC valor already has the necessary framework (including RTS).

While I can, kinda, get my head around the enemy killing part, the rest is like voodoo dark magic.

For killing I guess I need to use the killed event handler and use something like this:

player setVariable ["MCC_valorPoints",(player getVariable ["MCC_valorPoints",50])+200,true];

What is that 50 after MCC_valorPoints?

Man I really wish Arma 3 had some community money+shop script you can plug into missions you want. I tried out wasteland, but it doesn't have money gain on kill, but the shop script is cool. Can't find any KotH mission file to dissect. For now MCC seems like a best place to try adding money/valor gain on kills.

Mate, MCC automatically adds valor to kills. I can add a shop if u need. 

Mate, MCC automatically adds valor to kills. I can add a shop if u need.

Really? I never noticed that. All the testing I did with RTS was done dry, without me killing enemies.

A shop would be great, there absolutely no plug-and-play shop system for Arma 3. It would be great if the vault was available without the survival enabled, for selling the equipment. The shop could work similar to the vault, only had every (or just specified, or not-blacklisted) item available with possibility of having only one type of equipment (only rifles, only helmets etc.) with multiple vault-shops possible.

Vehicle shop is rather well done using the RTS, the only addition, IMHO, should be support all modded vehicles. If vehicle is not specified it uses general cost depending on type (car, tank, APC, helicopter, plane etc.).

Maybe an RTS building called a "Scrapyard" where you can park/land a vehicle and sell it for 75% of its value. It should be possible to blacklist vehicles from being sold (so you can't just keep stealing civilian vehicles).

Also it would be nice if the infantry building also had a billboard with would let non-commander player recruit AI using valor.

AFAIK MCC doesn't change effect the action menu - it strange what you describe, can it be related to other mod that you are using? 

It could be, let me do some testing

EDIT: found the issue, its ACE

hmmmm i keep waiting but there's no update...  :(

I think that we have only to wait...nothing more to do...

Daddy is busy!! :)

• Like 1

Shay,

I need a little direction.

I've been using this mod for a couple years, almost exclusively using it to create random missions, with everyone on the same team. So recently we have been creating really short random missions that involve going into a target area and achieving 1 or 2 objectives with most of the enemy AI removed. Its been a lot of fun performing the "quick in, quick out" style missions, and using the mission generator has kept it random on the fly.

But now, we've expanded a little more on this and have added a PvP theme to the same short mission style. Normally playing 2v2 or 3v3. Everything has been working well and its been really fun with a lot of laughing and "ribbing" each other. But... one problem: When we build the mission through the generator the only team that sees the objectives come up on their map is the team that the MCC mission builder is on. So we have to put extra markers on the map for the other team to see where the objectives are.

Is there any way to make it so that all players in the game can see the objectives on the map?

We play with BluFor and OpFor.  We use the Indep/Guer as the common enemy.

(perhaps we should use BluFor and Indep/Guer, and have OpFor as the enemy?)

Thank you,

Fire

"Workshop - Outfit machine guns on unarmed off-roads and repair some vehicle damage"

How exactly does this work? Have tried parking next to the workshop with a civvie pickup truck and the Nato unarmed M-ATV but could not find any option to repair or mount an MG.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Need enough resources for the option to appear  :rolleyes:

Having an issue where i spawn units via MCC on dedicated server and they just bounce/flicker. Kunduz map units are spawning in the ground  as well as bases  is this a map issue?

Appears to be a terrain issue and units spawning in the ground is there a way around this.

I have an issue with MCC Zeus module, when I put ied/suicide bomber or armed civilian it says no unit selected. Please help.

Howdy all,

I am having a  problem with Multiplayer hang ups on the loading screen. I am using the steam workshop version of MCC4 (BTW...Best.Mod.Ever!) I  was working on a zombie mission between Ryan's  Zombies and MCC. I wanted the survival game mode enabled so we have to scavenge for food. IN the editor and single player it works great. In MP it hangs on the loading screen. I spent the night rebuilding from scratch and testing MP on my Lan between each change. Plain Vanilla, then added Zombies. When I added the MCC, got the hang. Stripped out all MCC modules but settings mechanic MCC and settings MCC. I thought maybe that the JIP and other multiplayer bits of the MCC were in conflict with my descrition.ext and disabled them. BTW my description.ext is:

respawn = "BASE";
respawnDelay = 15;
respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};
respawnOnStart = 1;
I also disabled survival mode then ran another lan test and everyone connected fine. SO I went back and turned on SURVIVAL mode and sure enough that caused the hang again. I did a search on here and saw this was an issue last release supposedly fixed with the latest update.

I have several questions I was hoping someone could help me with.

First Question:
Has anyone yet gotten the Survival game mode to work in multiplayer? 

Second Question:
If I implement the MCC4 respawn and multiplayer mods in a mission do I need to use the eden editor multiplayer options and Description.ext do they conflict with each other?

Thank you in advance for any guidance. This mod has added immeasurable game play enjoyment to arma for us, so thanks Shay Gman.

P.S> I ran my mission with all the MCC JIP stuff turned on and with the survival mod turned off. Everything ran find so it's back to this survival mod.

Thanks Rekless, 

I gave that a shot but still, with Survival mode turned on, the game hangs on the client's loading screen with the map while going into the game.

Has anyone actually had a successful MCC Survival Mode MP session?

is it possible to use the "Lights Off" (something like that) in MCC to 3den editor? also is there a module to enable the survival in editor too?

The settings module enables survival, it doesn't have a seperate module.

• Like 1

someone give me an example mission of MCC survival? mine is not working also the loot in objects.

ok, now I know what the promblem is.. the MCC is not working with CBA and Ace. like for example in the survival mode you cant use the loot search.

and its not working in CUP terrain maps

Guys at the moment the survival module is bugged. 

If u enable it players can't log into the server unless they already in the server.

So for now just enable it from the mission's settings while all players are in game.

You can check the WIP version (mission only) here: https://github.com/shaygman/mcc_sandbox.Altis/tree/GAIA

Where this changes are expected

Survival Mode:  

- Added: persistent survival mod. While running inidbi2 on the server MCC will save the players gear, xp, valor, health water, food, location exc every time they join the game.  

- Added: Can enable survival mod without allowing player to search for loot - if you want to add some thirst and hunger element without turning it into a Dayz. Enable it from the mission setting module or missionNamesSpace variable ["MCC_surviveModAllowSearch",false]  

- Fixed: Stuck when enabling Survival mod from module.

Hello, 

Trying to get this awesome mod running on my dedi server, but no joy...

When trying locally the action menu shows up, but when i put the same mission on the server it wont show up, logged in as admin or not.

Am i missing something?

Both client and server is running the mod, the key file is put in the correct folder...

Yes, when im starting the mission it says synchronizing and then done, but the action menu wont show up.

Ive tried the demo mission and there the action menu shows up.

I thought i just had to load the mod and it will pop up? Do i need to add something in my mission as well?

I can login as Commander when using the P menu, but neither the Commander or Game master action menu shows..