shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Is the medical system bugged? Even in Basic mode AI Won´t revive me and AI can´t be revived. They stay on the ground when treatet by me or a medic.

@dragonfire43560

So I notice that if you kill someone in the mission zone (IIRC even if its with a silenced weapon), a bunch of units in the zone instantly get a search and destroy or move marker exactly at your location. This kinda makes stealth impossibe and also makes the AI unrealistically aggressive.

It's a Vanilla Arma thing. If a member in a group is killed, the entire group is instantly notified. Now include Gaia in the mix, and now when that group is instantly notified they call in support from their buddies.

Engine Code issue sorry mate.

So I notice that if you kill someone in the mission zone (IIRC even if its with a silenced weapon), a bunch of units in the zone instantly get a search and destroy or move marker exactly at your location. This kinda makes stealth impossibe and also makes the AI unrealistically aggressive. 

Use ASRAI

@dragonfire43560

It's a Vanilla Arma thing. If a member in a group is killed, the entire group is instantly notified. Now include Gaia in the mix, and now when that group is instantly notified they call in support from their buddies.

Engine Code issue sorry mate.

This topic has come up before with potential ways to make it better with GAIA.

This topic has come up before with potential ways to make it better with GAIA. 

Sorry guys, but it is just not possible without having to degroup everyone and have all enemies running in single man groups, which is not the score or desire for GAIA. If you guys are interested in a mod that can kinda do this check out AI Modify

I was curious how it goes with the update of mcc? Do you have any eta?

Best mod ever!

I will publish great news regarding the new update and a new game mod and a new server for you guys to enjoy MCC (Europe region) tomorrow evening... spread the words guys. 

Im sorry, but my searching-fu is failing me: how can I script in a steady resource income? I know I can plop 3 capture zones at my starting position, but I would like something more elegant.

Oh, is there any way to gain prestige without the survival turned on? The vault is unavailable otherwise.

Nope but you can write something simple as:

0 spawn {
 //Run only on server
 if !(isServer) exitWith {};
 private ["_res","_supply","_ammo","_fuel","_food","_meds"];

//Main Loop
 while {true} do {  
  sleep 60; //Set whatever interval you like
  {
    //Get the res for the side
    _res = missionNameSpace getvariable [_x,[1500,500,200,200,200]];

//Set new values
    _supply = (_res select 0) + 100;
    _ammo = (_res select 1) + 100;
    _fuel = (_res select 2) + 100;
    _food = (_res select 3) + 10;
    _meds = (_res select 4) + 10;

//broadcast to all 
    missionNameSpace setVariable [_x,[_supply, _ammo, _fuel, _food, _meds]];
    publicVariable _x;
  } foreach ["MCC_resWest","MCC_resEast","MCC_resGUER"];
 }; 
}; 

Oh, Some of the zeus modules (set ied/suicide bomber) no longer work. it always says no object selected.

also when fixed, Allow other Zeus Curators to use MCC modules (so that being able to garrison, make suiciders/ieds isnt limited to just the mcc mission maker perhaps). If thats even possible.  

Ok will check it out.

Hey guys, recently i have been encountering an issue,

where i can't spawn a Convoy

so first i click spawn

i set the waypoitns

then it said convoy placed

i click start

and then it said

"you need to spawn a convoy first"

The convoy is bugged ATM - a fixed version is coming soon. 

Question: should a commander need Fame to buy vehicles? I'm asking as somewhere in this thread I read that he shouldn't, but I still have respect requirement when trying to buy a vehicle while in construction mode (or when trying to use the billboard).

EDIT: I have modified the addon to remove Fame requirements. I'm happy with this setup..

No a commander need resources and players need fame to buy vehicles. Unfortunately it will be fixed in the next update. ATM commander need both fame and resources. 

Our mission maker prebuilds his missions to deploy on our server at a later date, since 1.6 he says he can place items and units fine, but they are not saving in MCC for some reason. No other changes to mods or the server other than the 1.6 update, worked fine before.

Ok i'll check it out. 

Ive had a ton of fun with this module but is this a compromise we just have to live with? It doesnt exaclty seem like lifelike behavior. I get it might simulate them calling in for reinforcements with a radio, but it happens even if i kill a lone person in one shot completely silent. 

Also side question, will this be working with tanoa? 

Engine limitation and kind of making sense to me. If you kill someone inside a group the whole groups should get alerted even if the didn't see the killer. Make sense and completely work with the buddy team system in my eyes. 

And yes MCC will work with Tanoa or any other island. 

Is the medical system bugged? Even in Basic mode AI Won´t revive me and AI can´t be revived. They stay on the ground when treatet by me or a medic.

AI don't revive but this will be fixed in the upcoming update. AI can be revived using epinephrine after bandaging him.  

I was curious how it goes with the update of mcc? Do you have any eta?

Best mod ever!

• Like 3

Just reread your message, "a new game mod"?  :huh:

I was interested before, but now I am really interested.

i use mcc for its survive mod (and general admin tools), but iv had a problem running survive mod on my dedi server, if i enable it with a module, it doesnt activate the hunger/thirst when in the server, so as a work around i get the server to execute a script with this in it, seems to work, but would be great if it where fixed/ working properly....

script:

while {alive Player} do {
        MCC_surviveMod = true;
	_null = ["MCC_surviveMod",true] call MCC_fnc_surviveInit;
};

We are trying to run MCC on a dedicated server but do not want it as a dependency for people connecting to the server, is there something I'm overlooking ?
Thank you in advance for any help or time vested into this question. Cheers!

Now that we have apex units/weapons/vehicles/tanoa

Will there be an update for MCC for it? Or should it work right now? Will it have trouble placing the new units int he new terrain?

edit: I saw your post where it said it will work with tanoa. just tried it and its not letting me place new units like syndikat or viper. Says "not enough units to place in zone" or something. Referring to the quick mission generator btw. It works just fine with CSAT, NATO, FIA etc. but the new units wont work. 

I will publish great news regarding the new update and a new game mod and a new server for you guys to enjoy MCC (Europe region) tomorrow evening... spread the words guys. 

Papa is back on track   ;)  How's the little one ??

Shayman,  I am making a sector control mission but everytime i capture one of your capture zones it automatically ends the mission.  I want to have 5 sectors and I dont want the game to end when just one is captured my code tells to "bleed" tickets.  how do I fix this? I believe it is a setting in MCC but I cannot find it must be a init function? Thanks!

I sorry but I wasn't able to make the release tonight - baby had some other ideas regarding my spare time - I'll try to do it tomorrow

:(

(Its okay, it took me over three months to create a tiny update for my mod.)

I sorry but I wasn't able to make the release tonight - baby had some other ideas regarding my spare time - I'll try to do it tomorrow

No sorries RL goes 1st and certainly little ones 

I'll take the few minutes while at work to introduce you to:

1. I've rented a server for MCC game and fun - it is a 40 slot public atm called: "MCC Reality Squad" (IP:37.187.170.40:2317)- look for it on the ArmA launcher and feel free to join. You'll probably find me around.

2. The server is running a new game mode  AAS (Advance And Secure) mission, no mods needed. Which is a PVE/PVP mission based on my days on Project Reality for ArmA 3. You can join alone as there will be AI to fight with and against you and it is tons of fun.

3. ATM there are 3 type of missions: Infantry focused, vehicles focused and CQB focused but each mission has random weather including special weather such as sandstorms and blizzards and random time. I'll release more missions later.

4. The server is running inidbi2 atm so all your stats will be saved.

5. I've opened a discord server https://discord.gg/014LlRZaqzXGqCoV6 where you can instant chat with me and other MCC users about MCC, life, planning a mission or whatever you want to.

6. I'll give admin power to selected few so they can arrange private MCC nights on the server with you favorites mods: RHS, ACE, CUP exc.

7. I'll release the new version buy the end of this weekend so help me god (and my little daughter).  :P

Cheers and see you on the battlefield.  :292:

• Like 1

Sounds nice...have put the server in the favorits for when i´m back on normal branche (tanoa fever currently :-P)

Btw. is there some kind of formula to keep Accuracy and so on of Gaia units in line with non Gaia AI? I have 2 sliders in the menue, one in the editor, 4 in the mcc menue and another 6? in the Gaia Module.

For normal i have my AI at about 0.3acc and 0,75 skill. The Gaia values are all around 0.4 i think. So how is the Gaia 0.4 to a basegame 0.7menue of a 0,~5-7 editor AI.

What exactly is the difference in the mission generator between "Number of Players" and "Mission Difficulty"? As far as I can tell, they both effect the number of enemy AI spawned and mission difficulty doesnt actually effect AI skill. So is there even a difference? 

Shayman,  I am making a sector control mission but everytime i capture one of your capture zones it automatically ends the mission.  I want to have 5 sectors and I dont want the game to end when just one is captured my code tells to "bleed" tickets.  how do I fix this? I believe it is a setting in MCC but I cannot find it must be a init function? Thanks!

Still can't figure out why the mission is ending when I capture a zone... also, is the XP system broken right now for the current version of MCC?  I am using inidbi, and I can edit the .ini files and MCC will read that, but it is not writing to the files updating the xp or anything. Also, no xp messages from MCC and it is not increasing rating during gameplay (i ran a script in the background to check). Should I just wait until the new release or is there something I can do? Thanks

I use the mod ver of mcc - i got alot of this in my rpt - does any know what it is ?

11:37:43 Error Undefined variable in expression: _count

11:37:43 File mcc_sandbox_mod\mcc\pop_menu\markers_req.sqf, line 64

11:37:43 Error in expression <waituntil {count MCC_activeMarkers != _count || time > _time};_comboBox = (>

11:37:43 Error position: <_count || time > _time};_comboBox = (>

I was just about to join, but I'm testing out DEV version to get access to Tanoa :)

• Like 1