shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hello! Hope you can help me. Each time I select the Artillery Support with F4 in the MCC console while reading "Connecting to steel rain..." game hangs and I have to ctrl+alt+del. I'm using only this mod. I try in MP and SP after watching many tutorials videos to set up things. I try with the invisible arty or mortars created in MCC 3D Editor. Always is the same: game hangs there :( Then I try also enabling CBA along this mod. No help either. Thanks for any advice.

Update: Fixed with version 1.60... of ARMA 3 !! (at least here) Great MOD! 

A question & request

I've noticed that when I use "occupy zone" and "ambient warzone" with RHS factions, MCC spawns mainly vehicles ("ambient warzone" always).

So, the question and request is:

why? Is RHS groups so different from Vanilla ones and MCC confuse the units to spawn?

Do you think it could be possible to have some options to choose the units type to spawn with MCC automatic spawn system like "ambient warzone" and "occupy zone"?

In the same way, I think it could be useful to add, in the mission generator, more options for the different spawn category.

For example to customize the "vehicles" category choosing only one type or two.

I like very much MCC and I hope that you'll find a way to improve the tools to build a quick but customized mission (like mission generator does but with more fine control and tuning)

As always, thanks in advance for everything you'll consider about this

Hello, I had MCC installed for quite some time, but till now I only used it to generate missions, open Zeus and such. Now I discovered the advanced stuff like construction, roles etc., but Im having some problems

How can you load crates if you have ACE installed? When I press interaction menu while in truck near HQ get logistic icon, but nothing happens when I click on it.

EDIT: Figured this one out, turns out the default starting position setting is for OPFOR.

Also when I test MCC in editor and try squad panel I cant join any squad, my character is removed nearly instantly.

EDIT2: Figured this one out as well: C2 causes the removing of player from squad. It's sad tC2 and MCC have that incompatibility issue, C2 is incredible AI commanding tool.

BTW: Would there be any way to tie resources to ALiVE? Like: Civilian objectives give food, construction and medicine, while military objectives give construction, fuel and ammo.

Unfortunately my HD crushed and I had to buy a new one and re-install windows - joy.

The good news is that I had backup for almost everything.

Now I try to find the time when i'm not beat up to finish and release.

Alright, because i just tested the last publicly released version (not the one in github) just now, and even the OPFOR unit didnt fire back at me this time :o .

:dance1: cant wait to try the fixed version.

TBH I remember I've fixed it.

@shay_gman

In the changelog I haven't see anything about this.

Is it confirmed that you haven' done yet?

Thanks in advance

Same, I think I did fixed it - I have to check. 

Request... Change the transparent black poly's overlaying the map into really really transparent black polys... or just omit them all together.

Ok

A question & request

I've noticed that when I use "occupy zone" and "ambient warzone" with RHS factions, MCC spawns mainly vehicles ("ambient warzone" always).

So, the question and request is:

why? Is RHS groups so different from Vanilla ones and MCC confuse the units to spawn?

Do you think it could be possible to have some options to choose the units type to spawn with MCC automatic spawn system like "ambient warzone" and "occupy zone"?

In the same way, I think it could be useful to add, in the mission generator, more options for the different spawn category.

For example to customize the "vehicles" category choosing only one type or two.

I like very much MCC and I hope that you'll find a way to improve the tools to build a quick but customized mission (like mission generator does but with more fine control and tuning)

As always, thanks in advance for everything you'll consider about this

Nice idea... we'll see

Hello, I had MCC installed for quite some time, but till now I only used it to generate missions, open Zeus and such. Now I discovered the advanced stuff like construction, roles etc., but Im having some problems

How can you load crates if you have ACE installed? When I press interaction menu while in truck near HQ get logistic icon, but nothing happens when I click on it.

EDIT: Figured this one out, turns out the default starting position setting is for OPFOR.

Also when I test MCC in editor and try squad panel I cant join any squad, my character is removed nearly instantly.

EDIT2: Figured this one out as well: C2 causes the removing of player from squad. It's sad tC2 and MCC have that incompatibility issue, C2 is incredible AI commanding tool.

BTW: Would there be any way to tie resources to ALiVE? Like: Civilian objectives give food, construction and medicine, while military objectives give construction, fuel and ammo.

I can't hold responsibility for mods that get you out of a group. Same for ALIVE

Since 1.60 When I try to set up a campaign the resource missions fail to be properly created, no markers, no crates, only couple of units get spawned. After 1.60 some scripts barely work if at all.

Suggestion: could you "Infantry Kiosk" with would allow for recruiting AI using resources? Im really missing this (unless its somehow in already). Would be nice if the infantry buildings in RTS mod had option for player to recruit them like buying vehicles directly.

As for C2, just giving you heads up.

thank you for your news...bad and good ones... :)

We'll wait until you'll be ready to release... no problem...

Have a nice windows re-installation!! (damn hard drive!!! :( )

If anyone have some problems with the 1.6 update state them here so I can quickly fix them in the next release as I don't know how long until I would find the time to make a new update. 
I can barley find the time to release the one that is ready. 

• Like 1

we know why :) ... don't worry... anything you'll do is really appreciate :)

Im sorry, but my searching-fu is failing me: how can I script in a steady resource income? I know I can plop 3 capture zones at my starting position, but I would like something more elegant.

Oh, is there any way to gain prestige without the survival turned on? The vault is unavailable otherwise.

Hello again, how can i create an MCC mission template to use with the eden editor? It does work with the 2D editor, but with the 3D/Eden editor the objects i have placed doesn't show up.

Help?

Oh, Some of the zeus modules (set ied/suicide bomber) no longer work. it always says no object selected.

also when fixed, Allow other Zeus Curators to use MCC modules (so that being able to garrison, make suiciders/ieds isnt limited to just the mcc mission maker perhaps). If thats even possible.  

Hello again, how can i create an MCC mission template to use with the eden editor? It does work with the 2D editor, but with the 3D/Eden editor the objects i have placed doesn't show up.

Help?

I've been making MCC template missions from scratch in the Eden editor for a while now with no issues. Objects I place down in the editor are showing up just fine and objects I place down later in-mission are showing up just fine as well. Do the objects your having trouble with come from a MOD or are the vanilla Arma3 objects?

I've been making MCC template missions from scratch in the Eden editor for a while now with no issues. Objects I place down in the editor are showing up just fine and objects I place down later in-mission are showing up just fine as well. Do the objects your having trouble with come from a MOD or are the vanilla Arma3 objects?

Thanks for your answer, yes the objects are from the "Ares" mod for zeus. It still uses original game objects tho.

Hey guys, recently i have been encountering an issue,

where i can't spawn a Convoy

so first i click spawn

i set the waypoitns

then it said convoy placed

i click start

and then it said

"you need to spawn a convoy first"

I will try with Ares when I get home just to make sure and get back to you.

Thank you very much. Just to be sure, could you explain how you do it? like, open 3d editor. place down unit as player. open zeus and place down objects. open mcc and click save to sqm and then?

And btw, after i have copied the sqm text from MCC to the mission file and try to load the mission in the 3d editor i get this:d171046b60b3fad7a921a2f2c5e556e4.png

And then all the objects is gone when i press ok..

Question: should a commander need Fame to buy vehicles? I'm asking as somewhere in this thread I read that he shouldn't, but I still have respect requirement when trying to buy a vehicle while in construction mode (or when trying to use the billboard).

EDIT: I have modified the addon to remove Fame requirements. I'm happy with this setup..

Hi,

I have encountered and issue and I have not been able to find any guidance on it.  

I have been unable to spawn custom, (addon/mod), vehicles on my rented server from gameservers.com that has MCC 4 installed.  I can spawn all the BIS stuff but none of the RHS, CUP, etc equipment or vehicles.  That includes selecting aircraft for CAS missions.

Has anyone encountered this and if so what did you find was causing this to occur?

Thanks,

Thank you very much. Just to be sure, could you explain how you do it? like, open 3d editor. place down unit as player. open zeus and place down objects. open mcc and click save to sqm and then?

And btw, after i have copied the sqm text from MCC to the mission file and try to load the mission in the 3d editor i get this:d171046b60b3fad7a921a2f2c5e556e4.png

And then all the objects is gone when i press ok..

You have the process right, after you click ok then wait (it takes a few moments) and, at that point, you should have the mission loaded with everything you had placed. I didn't get a chance to try exactly that last night as I'm working on a mission of my own right now, but I'll try it as soon as I can.

Hi,

I have encountered and issue and I have not been able to find any guidance on it.  

I have been unable to spawn custom, (addon/mod), vehicles on my rented server from gameservers.com that has MCC 4 installed.  I can spawn all the BIS stuff but none of the RHS, CUP, etc equipment or vehicles.  That includes selecting aircraft for CAS missions.

Has anyone encountered this and if so what did you find was causing this to occur?

Thanks,

I rent a server from gameservers.com as well and have not had the problem you describe. I use MCC4 all the time and have always been able to spawn assets from what ever mods were installed. I know this is probably a silly question, but, you do have the mods in question, CUP, RHS, etc. installed and activated on your rented server, correct?

I rent a server from gameservers.com as well and have not had the problem you describe. I use MCC4 all the time and have always been able to spawn assets from what ever mods were installed. I know this is probably a silly question, but, you do have the mods in question, CUP, RHS, etc. installed and activated on your rented server, correct?

Hi,

Thanks for your assistance.  That's good news that there are no issues with the gameserver.com servers.  As for my addon's that are uploaded onto the server and also in the Server Command Line:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@ace;@ALiVE;@Ares;@mcc_sandbox;@cTab;@ShackTac User Interface;@ASR_AI3;@aftp_compassfix;@AlRayakV004;@ASDG_Attachments;@ASDG_JR;@inidbi2;@BC-Phoenix;@BC-Tracers;@Burnes_M1A1;@CUP_Terrains_Maps-1.1.0;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Vehicles_ACE_compat;@CUP_Weapons;@CUP_Weapons_ACE_compat;@NziwasogoV093;@fhq_m4_a3;@FHQ_Weapons;@fhq_accessories;@F15_Standalone;@F16C_Standalone;@FIR_AWS;@FIR_PilotCrewPack_US;@IdentiZee;@kyo_MH47E v1.5 - ArmA3;@Leights OPFOR Pack OFFICIAL;@MRT Accessory Functions;@RH Pistol pack;@RH_acc;@RH_m4;@RH_pdw;@RHARD_Mk18;@RHSAFRF;@RHSGREF;@RHSUSF;@RKSL_attachments;@SMA3_R2.0.2;@Spec4Gearv4;@Tier1_SOF;@TRYK;@task_force_radio

Thanks,

I can see from your mod list a couple of things you might want to know about. First, you have @CUP_Terrains_Maps-1.1.0 but no @CUP_Terrains_Core-1.1.0, CUP_Terrains_Maps requires CUP_Terrains_Core as do many other community contributed maps. Alternatively you could put CUP_Terrains_Full on your server, which contains both Core and Maps, but you need to do one or the other.

Regarding the ShackTac User Interface, one, there is no need for this to be on the server, it is a client side only mod, two, mod names with spaces in them will most likely not work, they will not load, in this case it's ok as it not needed anyway but you should always use some character in place of a space like the underscore character you see in many of the other mod names.

These issues could, very well, be reasons why you can spawn assets from a mod on your server. Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks,

Had a similar issues once without MCC, couldn't spawn any modded stuff, issues was we didn't have Zeus setup properly had to add a gamemaster module to the mission via the editor and set it to allow all the assets to be used rather than just what was on the map.

The other thing could be your command line (in addition to what is stated above) if you have mods with spaces you need to put that in quotes: "-mod=@My mods;@Go here" I believe

If anyone have some problems with the 1.6 update state them here so I can quickly fix them in the next release as I don't know how long until I would find the time to make a new update. 

I can barley find the time to release the one that is ready. 

Our mission maker prebuilds his missions to deploy on our server at a later date, since 1.6 he says he can place items and units fine, but they are not saving in MCC for some reason. No other changes to mods or the server other than the 1.6 update, worked fine before.

So I notice that if you kill someone in the mission zone (IIRC even if its with a silenced weapon), a bunch of units in the zone instantly get a search and destroy or move marker exactly at your location. This kinda makes stealth impossibe and also makes the AI unrealistically aggressive. 

Ive had a ton of fun with this module but is this a compromise we just have to live with? It doesnt exaclty seem like lifelike behavior. I get it might simulate them calling in for reinforcements with a radio, but it happens even if i kill a lone person in one shot completely silent. 

Also side question, will this be working with tanoa?