shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Is it just me or has the most recent ARMA update broken the script version? I can no longer load it up properly and I have tried reinstalling it a few times.

screenshot_128.png

babe_core isn't MCC related. Check you other addons.

Correct me if im wrong, but I was browsing through your Youtube channel Shay, and i noticed a link to your website and so looked.

Is it just me or is there a download link on your website with a more up to date version of mcc than the one steam & armaholic has or even on here?

Tell me if I am going crazy or not :wacko:  :blink:

I have a website?!

• Like 1

babe_core isn't MCC related. Check you other addons.

I have a website?!

I think he means MCC WIKI

Can you check for me Shay if the MCC Invincible brush still works, I have reports from one of my mission makers that the MCC Invincible feature doesn't work in 1.58

I think he means MCC WIKI

Can you check for me Shay if the MCC Invincible brush still works, I have reports from one of my mission makers that the MCC Invincible feature doesn't work in 1.58

There is invincible brush?!

There is invincible brush?!

LOL I can't remember how the GM's were using it. All I know is they said they used MCC to make certianl players invincible, maybe it was ARES that did it I can't quite recall. But I was told they were using MCC. It is how we made the Juggernaut Invincible in the Day Of The Dead videos.

Also it doesn't appear the 3rd person view restriction settings in the MCC UI Modules over rides the Server Difficulty settings when they are at least set to custom in 1.58. We now run a custom difficulty on our server that allows for 3rd person and I've advised my mission makers to use the MCC restrict 3rd person module but some say it doesn't work in 1.58. It worked like a treat in 1.56 but no more in 1.58.

The script we were using before the MCC Module was released doesn't work anymore either. We haven't however tried using the module since the hotfix for 1.58.

Geeze... where do I start.  I havent used MCC for some time (away from ArmA in general, not MCC).  All these new features and functions are mind boggling.  The template mission file is over two years old so I doubt it will have much to do with the current release of MCC.  My question is simply this... Can anybody suggest or offer up a premade with the modules all setup as required?  I've been using the Wiki but sadly there is so much that I am getting lost.  A pre cooked mission would help, greatly.

Thanks in advance!

save as sqm i guies still saving for 2d editor (i see here classes like groups exchange of entities), will it be adapted in next update and when the update will be?

The new version is ready - just need to make some video about it and release. 

here is the change log to give you time for comments and getting used to.

Check the WIKI, correct my grammar if you can and give feedback :)

Change log r19:

UI Module:
- Added: UI Module can enable/disable any of the below features: 
- Camera control: Force 1st person camera always or just outside of a vehicle New WIKI page -http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/UI_Module
- Compass: In game compass and squad members overlay.
- Name tags: Show friendly units name/role/rank and vehicle information such as driver,commander, gunner and empty positions left.
- Squad Markers: Show friendly squad markers on the map. Only MCC squads from the role selection or Squad dialog.
- Squad Members Markers: Show squad members markers on the map. 
- Suppression: Client side only Supression effects, blur and camera shake depends on the angle of fire, the caliber and more. 
- Changed: Name tags, group markers moved to the inGame UI settings module
- Added: Units that are not in your squad will show in blue while name tags is on. 
- Added: Units markers (mission settings module) Show units markers on the map for all players while playing in a squad from the Squad Dialog

Role Selection:
- Changed: Removed inidbi2 dependency- persistent data will be saved to the server profile using BI profile name space - I still recommend using IniDB2 as it more robust. http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Role_Selection
- Changed: Moved to inidbi2 - local db files for each mission.
- Changed: Total reworked the Role Selection UI and functionality load-outs are not inherent from config files to be - http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Configure_role_selection
- Added: Resupply option from FOB.
- Added: Resupply will resupply grenade launcer rounds. 
- Added: Ability to build sand bags around FOB - Squad leader - doesn't need resources but there is a limit to 14 sandbags per FOB

Interaction Menu:
- Added: From MCC interaction mount/dismount weapons attachments with the proper animations doing so. 
- Changed: Total reworked Interaction layout from list to a rose dial menu

Ambient Civilians Module
- Added: civilians relations variable added to the module. The civilians relation variable will determine how the ambient civilians will act near players starting form positive behavior to bad behavior where some of the civilians will be spawned as armaed civilians, suicide bombers and place IEDs. 
In the campaign killing civilians and failing objectives will decrease the player relation with them while while completing objectives will increase.  WIKI - http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Modules

Commander Console:
- Changed: Commander Console UI. 

RTS:
- Added: RTS WIKIA for players - http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Rts
- Added: RTS WIKIA for developers - http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/RTS_editing
- Changed: Vehicle kiosk will load vehicles by side not by faction by default. - http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Vehicle_kiosk
- Changed: In RTS commander can purchase vehicles from kiosk using reources while players can purchase it using valor points. 

New Game Mods:
- Added: Advance And Secure (AAS) module - turns sectors to be captured in a specific linar order like in Project Reality AAS. 
- Added: 2 template PvP AAS missions from my days at Project Reality group for ArmA 3 and WIKI on how to create more: http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Aas

MCC Campaign:
- Added: Altis campaign template mission, mix between RTS and FPS on altis but you can create it where ever you want to: http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Campaign
- Added: mission rotation - define how many missions will be generated close to each other before MCC will select a completely different position. 

Misc:
- Added: Breach locked door by shooting on them use custom ammo such as shoutgun slug (RHS or Prpl by defualt) as defined with MCC_breacingAmmo example: MCC_breacingAmmo = ["prpl_8Rnd_12Gauge_Slug","prpl_6Rnd_12Gauge_Slug","rhsusf_8Rnd_Slug","rhsusf_5Rnd_Slug"];
- Added: Start Location modules spawn options (none/teleport/halo/para drop) for each individual spawn point. 
- Added: MCC jukebox will read music and sounds from the mission cfg - description file. 
- Added: Can enable survival mod without allowing player to search for loot - if you want to add some thirst and hunger element for the realisim without turning it into a Dayz. Enable it from the mission setting module or missionNamesSpace variable ["MCC_surviveModAllowSearch",false]
- Changed: Medic system reworked to work with the new protection system.
- Fixed: Error regarding BI fnc sortBy spamming the log file.
- Fixed: Mission Wizard save hostage mission can be ended on respawn_west/east/gurilla marker. 
- Fixed: Self interaction kept working even when disabled when CBA is on.
- Fixed: Can't login to MCC after the latest patch. 
- Fixed: Medical system was broken (players died instantly instead of falling unconscious) and added a new WIKI page - http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/MeidcalSystem
- Fixed: Pressing the delete button while opening MCC delete the last selected group/unit. 
- Fixed: Fast rope didn't worked well on MP. 
- Fixed: Losing Zeus after re-spawn.
- Fiexd: Zeus editing unit/object didn't work after update. 
- Fixed: ILS module error when no rings selected
- Fixed: Restricted ambient civilians module didn't work on dedicated
- Fixed: Logistic dialogs for helicopters won't show crates that the helicopter can't sling-load. 
- Fixed: Convoy not working. 
- Fixed: Convoy spawn too many cargo units.  
- Fixed: Mini game IED can be disarmed again even after disarming
- Fixed: RPT errors regarding ; at the end of file
- Fixed: Stuck when enabling Survival mod from module. 
- Fixed: MCC_make_array_group error on server. 
- Fixed: Disabling MCC logistics will also disable the ability to command building from the SQL PDA
  • Like 3

Goodi goodi     :459:           :wub:

Are GAIA updates missing? I can't see them on the changelog.

I'm quite interested about this

New Game Mods:
- Added: Advance And Secure (AAS) module - turns sectors to be captured in a specific linar order like in Project Reality AAS.

Is it available also for the mission generator?

Nice work as always :) can't wait for the update!

Woot!  Can't wait to see the new update. 
I've been playing around with ALiVE for a while, and MCC has been set aside waiting for a new patch.
I look forward to testing some of this new stuff out.

I have a moderate/huge problem atm. I want to build a coop mission for my group. As it is standard in our group, I want to have MCC enabled (just in case we need a teleport or anything else).

Since I don't want the base (as an example) to look boring I want to have some AI standing around and do their things and I don't want them to just stand around, I want them to play an animation. Since I like that function I really want to use bis_fnc_ambientAnim. This is the code I use to make it work in MP.

[UNITNAME, "ANIMATION", "EQUIPMENT"] remoteExec ["BIS_fnc_ambientanim", 0, true];

The problem is, it was not working all the time. It was actually pretty random. Sometimes all AI's played the animation, sometimes non...sometimes unit1 was playing the anim. but unit2 not and sometimes it was the other way around. Completely random (at least it appeared to me). I might need to add that I have not changed ANYTHING between these tries.

Okay, I wanted to investigate a bit more, because that bothered me.
I created that simple mission: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4x7N57WyGnSanpYaEFucENuM0E/view?usp=sharing

VR, about 15 Units each with (partly different) Ambient Anims (as described above), no modules and then launched in MP.

Here are my test results:

1. No mods: Everything works flawless
2. Only CBA: Everything works flawless
3. Only MCC: Everything works flawless
4. CBA and ACE: Everything works flawless
5. CBA and MCC: It does not work

I don't know where the problem lies. If its MCC or CBA but maybe you have an idea!
Thanks in advance
Many Greetings
Moony

I have a moderate/huge problem atm. I want to build a coop mission for my group. As it is standard in our group, I want to have MCC enabled (just in case we need a teleport or anything else).

Since I don't want the base (as an example) to look boring I want to have some AI standing around and do their things and I don't want them to just stand around, I want them to play an animation. Since I like that function I really want to use bis_fnc_ambientAnim. This is the code I use to make it work in MP.

[UNITNAME, "ANIMATION", "EQUIPMENT"] remoteExec ["BIS_fnc_ambientanim", 0, true];

The problem is, it was not working all the time. It was actually pretty random. Sometimes all AI's played the animation, sometimes non...sometimes unit1 was playing the anim. but unit2 not and sometimes it was the other way around. Completely random (at least it appeared to me). I might need to add that I have not changed ANYTHING between these tries.

Okay, I wanted to investigate a bit more, because that bothered me.

I created that simple mission: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4x7N57WyGnSanpYaEFucENuM0E/view?usp=sharing

VR, about 15 Units each with (partly different) Ambient Anims (as described above), no modules and then launched in MP.

Here are my test results:

1. No mods: Everything works flawless

2. Only CBA: Everything works flawless

3. Only MCC: Everything works flawless

4. CBA and ACE: Everything works flawless

5. CBA and MCC: It does not work

I don't know where the problem lies. If its MCC or CBA but maybe you have an idea!

Thanks in advance

Many Greetings

Moony

Are you and your group using the latest version of MCC link found on the front page of this thread. PWS and Armaholic haven't been updated to that version yet. It is kind of the Beta version of the update Shay is about to release.

my group and myself use that version and we have no problems what so ever with CBA and MCC.

Yeah we are using the latest version...at least I guess. (The problem is one cannot see which version is installed right now...)

However gonna download it again and test. The question is, are you guys using BIS_fnc_ambietAnim?

Yeah we are using the latest version...at least I guess. (The problem is one cannot see which version is installed right now...)

However gonna download it again and test. The question is, are you guys using BIS_fnc_ambietAnim?

Tested it and nope still not working. Could you do me a favor and just test the mission I linked with only CBA and MCC?

So, do you plan do update via Steam Workshop any time soon?   I think I see r19 linked in the first post, but if I update and start working I'd like my unit to be able to get it easily.

From all I know (please correct me if I'm wrong) the new version has NOT been released yet!

Sorry, what am I doing wrong? Why game shows me always this message in the Eden editor after every game with new MCC now: "Curator owner not defined, player used instead in singleplayer" ?

dd88b0470941t.jpg

Funnily enough, I have that too with the download from the front page. From what I can see, just ignore it for now. Lets hope for a new update soon! ^^"

• Like 1

Sorry, what am I doing wrong? Why game shows me always this message in the Eden editor after every game with new MCC now: "Curator owner not defined, player used instead in singleplayer" ?

dd88b0470941t.jpg

Yeah I get it too, I thought it was a Eden editor bug. But it doesn't cause any issues so I just ignore it. Hopefully it will get sorted for the pending release.

• Like 1

Sorry If I have missed it but is it possible to have existing AI in a mission join my group using this mod?

I see that I can move to and take control of other squads but I would like to be able to for example attach a random AI

I find out in the woods to my squad without any mucking about in the editor (where I am worse than useless) 

Thanks for any help