shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

I don't know if it is the mods you are using or the fact that i'm playing on a newer MCC version but for me all the units spawned by the mission gen are spawned on GAIA behavior.

There is no match between MCC and ALIVE as the last is much better in creating a full map battlefield while in MCC we focus on specific missions. So If you want to mix the two to the best let ALIVE do the global randomization and use MCC for the mission itself. 

Might be because you are on a newer version. Can't really see why another mod would interfere with the Mission Generator but maybe somebody else could tell us how it works for him. 

Thats what I use these mods for :P. Alive for an overall Battlefield and MCC for specific mission ^^. I just hoped that GAIA could help us with the stupid Vanilla AI which ALiVE seems to use. @.@ BUt anyway, thanks for your words. I guess I just eagerly wait for the update and hope things work better than (especially the mission generator!)

Is it a good idea to put civilians in GAIA? I don't want to use ambient civilians or other scripts to make civilians move around, would having them in GAIA make them walk around decently?

Is it a good idea to put civilians in GAIA? I don't want to use ambient civilians or other scripts to make civilians move around, would having them in GAIA make them walk around decently?

In fact it works quite well, drop in a zone, set them to defensive and give them to GAIA and it works really well.

• Like 1

Might be because you are on a newer version. Can't really see why another mod would interfere with the Mission Generator but maybe somebody else could tell us how it works for him. 

Thats what I use these mods for :P. Alive for an overall Battlefield and MCC for specific mission ^^. I just hoped that GAIA could help us with the stupid Vanilla AI which ALiVE seems to use. @.@ BUt anyway, thanks for your words. I guess I just eagerly wait for the update and hope things work better than (especially the mission generator!)

I've never had a problem with the mission generator even in the current public release.

In fact it works quite well, drop in a zone, set them to defensive and give them to GAIA and it works really well.

Thanks, automatic systems tend to be really bad for servers on non vanilla maps and ambient civilians tend to look fake so this is good news!

Hi shay

i have noticed an issue with mcc survive.

Whenever i loot repair loot,and put it in my inventory,upon reopening my inventory some of the repair loot has dissapeared.

It doesnt happen with other loot like ammo etc.Is it an issue tied to the fact that RTS mode is turned off?

@Shay - shape is going to use the squad leaders pda. 1Q; will it be possible to make the construction part (building fob's etc) optional. I prefer to use "call support" and "spot enemy" only - of course I ask the players to not use the construction part but ....  I have just a little faith in them ;)   -  please to hear thanks

Actually it doesnt seem to work, are you using the standalone or regular MCC?

Actually it doesnt seem to work, are you using the standalone or regular MCC?

I'm using MCC mod current version (R18, not the new unreleased beta R19). We use that technique all the time. All the civs do is walk around in the zone, they don't really stop for long they just keep getting different waypoints. And as soon as there is gun fire they get a way point to run away.

If you make them aggressive and have more than one zone they will on occasion run to the other zone if it isn't too far. I recommend not giving GAIA to civilian vehicles in a tight city like Fallujah or Porto.

BTW we use this a lot on the Porto map and it works a tread.

When AI is given a WP and not by GAIA as ALIVE might give him GAIA ignores him. I personally don't like whole island battlefield as even the greatest war is a serious of missions and not a constant battlefield but I think it is a fair trade that the AI outside of the mission will be less smart that the one inside the mission area. But that just me.  

Hi shay

i have noticed an issue with mcc survive.

Whenever i loot repair loot,and put it in my inventory,upon reopening my inventory some of the repair loot has dissapeared.

It doesnt happen with other loot like ammo etc.Is it an issue tied to the fact that RTS mode is turned off?

Thanks will check it out. 

@Shay - shape is going to use the squad leaders pda. 1Q; will it be possible to make the construction part (building fob's etc) optional. I prefer to use "call support" and "spot enemy" only - of could ask the players to not use the construction part but ....  I have just a little faith in them ;)   -  please to hear thanks

By default if you disable MCC logistics from module or 

MCC_allowlogistics = false;

The ability to call construction of FOB, fortifications exc is disabled. This works for the self interaction in ACE or MCC but apparently I didn't disabled this on the PDA (will try to put it on my todo list) but if MCC logistics is disabled worst case team leaders will call for a construction of something that will never be constructed because they will never get the supplies they needed. 

By default if you disable MCC logistics from module or 

MCC_allowlogistics = false;

The ability to call construction of FOB, fortifications exc is disabled. This works for the self interaction ....... CUT .........

@Shay - thanks yr fast reply. Will disable from the settings but need some help here ! have been looking for the init file but unfortunately can't find it (noob) pls direct me. For future please have a look into it as you mentioned - thanks and have a good day

Thanks shay

I figured out the reason items in the inventory are dissapearing...

Its not restricted to repair loot either as i first thought.

If you open the virtual arsenal from mcc,then items(i think only stored in the uniform)get deleted.(not all of them but i had 44 pieces of plant fruit,after going into virtual arsenal and checking my uniform inventory i had just 8 pieces remaining).I have triple checked just there and it does happen consistently.

Also if i may report another conflict.With MCC survive enabled,mods which use a PPE effect on glasses,such as AGM goggle(possibly ACE) or LHM glasses,cause those mods PPE effect to not work.Im guessing its got something to do with the Survive hunger/thirst PPE effect.

Is there an init.sqf command i can write to disable the PPE effects from hunger and thirst? I would like to be able to use LHM or AGM goggles in my mission.

Thanks alot if you can look into these issues.

EDIT:   Also after looking in virtual arsenal,the survive items like food and repair loot have a weight value while stored in your inventory..i guess thats why they are being "kicked out"

I'm using MCC mod current version (R18, not the new unreleased beta R19). We use that technique all the time. All the civs do is walk around in the zone, they don't really stop for long they just keep getting different waypoints. And as soon as there is gun fire they get a way point to run away.

If you make them aggressive and have more than one zone they will on occasion run to the other zone if it isn't too far. I recommend not giving GAIA to civilian vehicles in a tight city like Fallujah or Porto.

BTW we use this a lot on the Porto map and it works a tread.

Hmm, Im using the Standalone. I have a feeling its not been updated for some time.  Thats probably the issue.

EDIT: I looked at the files and then compared them to the script version downloaded from this page. HOLY CRAP how obsolete is this version!? According to arma holic the version is called 2.6.

save as sqm i guies still saving for 2d editor (i see here classes like groups exchange of entities), will it be adapted in next update and when the update will be?

Hi, I'm trying to use the vehicle spawner/kiosk module. I realised that it shows the vehicles 'owned' by the player's faction. I'm using RHS and I want to use the vehicles from both the RHS Army and USMC faction while the unit is from the USMC faction. The only thing I could find in regards to this spawner is on a forum where it says you need to enter something like this into your init.sqf file:

MCC_RTS_tank_NATO = [["B_G_Offroad_01_armed_F","Offroad - armed",800],[" B_UGV_01_F","UGV",1200],[" B_MBT_01_TUSK_F","M2A4 –tank",3000]];

I tried to use several different vehicles from different factions, not just RHS. Here's a line that I tried to use:

MCC_RTS_heli_rhs_faction_usmc_wd = [[ "RHS_AH64D_CS", "AH-64D", 300]];

I'd rather use this module as it's the only one I can find that requires resources to spawn a vehicle rather than just giving it for free, and I have never tried scripting so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Thanks

A little something I noted: When I call for Resupply-they never land on target-allway about 400m away-I would prefer it to land very tight near me.They do this in real life too.

Is it possible to make CAS loiter in the area without leaving?  Make planes stay in Disbanded-then re-join unit that lase a target?

Maybe add a timer to get CAS?

A 360* defensive perimeter around a helo?

Looking forward to the update!  Any video of it? :)  :wub:

• Like 1

OK Guys I have a question for this forum.  Just started using MCC and I love it on our Dedicated server. We run the Mod in the addons on the dedicated server and the interface both client and server side run and initialize however we are hitting a snag. 

The only thing that is not working on the Dedicated server is actually populating the missions.  When I set up all the parameters, and type and create everything once I Hit the Create Mission button it shows the "Creating Mission" text across the screen on my client side computer, however it just hangs there....I can let it run for 20 min and still says "creating mission"  (I believe thats what it says).  It never actually populates the squares with the mission objectives or enemy. sometimes it will create the markers sometimes it wont.  If I Log out of MCC and log back in and try to create a mission after that it says that there is currently a mission being created in progress.

Any ideas ? is this a common problem for dedicated servers ? is there something different on the server.cfg or do i need to create a dedicated server init file ? I am out of options and exhausted. Have been reading tons of forums and the readme's and I added the PBO files to the server the right way. Like i said I would say 90% of the functionality of MCC is there.... Just cant create missions. it just sits there loading

Any other ideas would be appreaciated.

Thanks for your help

Depends on how you set up the Mission Generator. Do you use a Zone? Do you you use the setting "whole map"? Do you use a mod island?

I am not using a MOD island, I am using stock Stratis, with the latest CBA running. I am using a Zone spawn and not the whole map. Do I need to use it over the whole map ? Im currently it with zones around 100X100M - 300X300M... does that matter? Sometimes like i said it will create the marker and maybe the 1st objective. But it just sits on BUILDING / CREATING MISSION. Problem with it syncing with the dedicated server ?

Thanks moon any help is appreciated troubleshooting.

What mission do you choose? I have problems with the rescue HVT mission. It just does not create. However...in the Zone you are using, are there enough buildings? (If there are no buildings, MCC will not Generate a Mission from what I know)

• Like 1

OK thanks. I was using Stratis, and a square over the top of the mountain with Camp Rogain. I was using the KILL HVT mission and secondary was locating INTEL.  I believe it was using the exact square for the spawn not within the proximity or area.

Ill give it a shot

OK thanks. I was using Stratis, and a square over the top of the mountain with Camp Rogain. I was using the KILL HVT mission and secondary was locating INTEL.  I believe it was using the exact square for the spawn not within the proximity or area.

Ill give it a shot

Is it just me or has the most recent ARMA update broken the script version? I can no longer load it up properly and I have tried reinstalling it a few times.

screenshot_128.png

Correct me if im wrong, but I was browsing through your Youtube channel Shay, and i noticed a link to your website and so looked.

Is it just me or is there a download link on your website with a more up to date version of mcc than the one steam & armaholic has or even on here?

Tell me if I am going crazy or not :wacko:  :blink:

• Like 1

Correct me if im wrong, but I was browsing through your Youtube channel Shay, and i noticed a link to your website and so looked.

Is it just me or is there a download link on your website with a more up to date version of mcc than the one steam & armaholic has or even on here?

Tell me if I am going crazy or not :wacko:  :blink:

website link???

• Like 2