shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Yup it is a known issue that has been fixed in the upcoming update.

Thank god it's a known issue, I was wrecking my brain all day yesterday lol.

So what exactly is the issue? I have about 3 other missions (without mcc) that do the same thing. If I knew what was doing it it might be easier for me to track down the module that's doing it. Any clues as where to start looking?

Also note (not sure if known) when I search items with ace3 interact the character does an animation and gets stuck in the carry pistol animation if unarmed which causes me to have to use fix head bug to move again.

PS. As the survival module automatically picks up that we are using weapon mods and spawns them without issue is there a quick way to disable vanilla gear without adding a load of weapon classnames?

Well with Spirit back from Belgium and over 40K subscribers on Steam Workshop and a ready to release update we need to get this project running again.

It will be really great if I could find a community to play with to get me invested in the game again - so i'm free for invite to any Europen but english speaking community that play seriously enough (no ammo boxed exc on start) but not a milisim (no sir, yes sir) to get me into this game again. 

I expect a release in a few days to fix the current issues and release some new features. 

Hey,

Is there a way I can use the atmosphere options to activate on mission from the start?

I would like to edit the map to have the blizzard at all times and maybe have a few warzone areas so I dont have to do it from the console etc.

Thanks.

Ps Can I add clothing items to the search options in survival mode? Was reading the wiki but couldnt tell :)

You can add cloths just like any other item using the wiki. 

Thank god it's a known issue, I was wrecking my brain all day yesterday lol.
So what exactly is the issue? I have about 3 other missions (without mcc) that do the same thing. If I knew what was doing it it might be easier for me to track down the module that's doing it. Any clues as where to start looking?

Also note (not sure if known) when I search items with ace3 interact the character does an animation and gets stuck in the carry pistol animation if unarmed which causes me to have to use fix head bug to move again.

PS. As the survival module automatically picks up that we are using weapon mods and spawns them without issue is there a quick way to disable vanilla gear without adding a load of weapon classnames?

I'll fix the animation stuck when unarmed and yes MCC will spawn any items/weapons from any mod that is currently ruining on the server. 

• Like 3

Well with Spirit back from Belgium and over 40K subscribers on Steam Workshop and a ready to release update we need to get this project running again.

It will be really great if I could find a community to play with to get me invested in the game again - so i'm free for invite to any Europen but english speaking community that play seriously enough (no ammo boxed exc on start) but not a milisim (no sir, yes sir) to get me into this game again. 

I expect a release in a few days to fix the current issues and release some new features. 

I'll fix the animation stuck when unarmed and yes MCC will spawn any items/weapons from any mod that is currently ruining on the server.

Cool thanks dude :)

I meant is there an easy option to blacklist vanilla gear from spawning so I can just have modded gear without creating a new config etc or if not is that something that could be added?

Well if you are ever on in the mornings around 10am-12pm you're always welcome to come play with us mate in Australia.

Can't wait for the release :D

/////////////////

Hi Shay - Would love to have you as a part of SHAPE (spirit too :)  )  Shape has been quiet for a while this due to private matters. (http://shape-arma.com/  -  new website is under construction and available as from week) We firstly will run a few test missions before we take off. First test mission is planned on April 6th. Will keep you posted of the progress. MCC and Zeus will be the basis of Shape.

Looking forward to the next release.

Best Spoor

Hay, I am a recruiter from Tier1ops, this post was linked to me by one of our members.

Tier1 is a Mil-sim community (ie' realistic tactics and weapons but none of the 'yes sir, no sir' stuff that you mentioned) based in Europe. We use MCC for our mission making (which i am sure you will be happy to hear) and of course having someone like you in our unit would be a great pleasure. Official mission day is Sunday evening (19:30 CET), often there is some kind of mission on a Wednesday as well. We also have a training session on Thursdays. If you are rusty then don't worry, we can accept pretty much anyone that knows how to shoot a gun and move around.

There really isn't much more to say and i am not going to bore you with a copy-paste response so I will link to a few videos of recent operations so that you can see if we would be something you would enjoy.

- The ending of this mission is insane

If you are interested then you can head over to www.tier1ops.eu and click on the 'join us' tab to submit an application (you will need to be signed into an enjin account to do this). Someone (probably me) will process your application very quickly. If you have any questions then you can ask here or PM me if you like. We look forward to hearing from you!

Hay, I am a recruiter from Tier1ops, this post was linked to me by one of our members.

Tier1 is a Mil-sim community (ie' realistic tactics and weapons but none of the 'yes sir, no sir' stuff that you mentioned) based in Europe. We use MCC for our mission making (which i am sure you will be happy to hear) and of course having someone like you in our unit would be a great pleasure. Official mission day is Sunday evening (19:30 CET), often there is some kind of mission on a Wednesday as well. We also have a training session on Thursdays. If you are rusty then don't worry, we can accept pretty much anyone that knows how to shoot a gun and move around.

There really isn't much more to say and i am not going to bore you with a copy-paste response so I will link to a few videos of recent operations so that you can see if we would be something you would enjoy.

- The ending of this mission is insane

If you are interested then you can head over to www.tier1ops.eu and click on the 'join us' tab to submit an application (you will need to be signed into an enjin account to do this). Someone (probably me) will process your application very quickly. If you have any questions then you can ask here or PM me if you like. We look forward to hearing from you!

:)

Tier one was the followup community of marsoc of which i was the founder and Shay a gamer of ;) MCC was initiated by me to create the specific gaming requirements we had in MARSOC :P

I have problem to load mission and got that message -  I was placing objects combined (zeus and map builder) than save mission to .sqm file (mcc option to save all mission objects as .sqm) and past all data to notepad, retext name to mission.sqm put file on right place and when i try to load it from editor it show up this message. Please any advice, a try to find that line and to realize whats wrong but obviously a need help. Sory on my english and thanks in advance. Waiting for answer (s)   

the error message  -   http://i.imgur.com/PJP0kmP.jpg

Does anyone know how to use the EVAC option? I've tried placing waypoints down on freelanding and stuff but nothing happens.

Hey guys,
I hate to be that one guy that asks the question that most likely has been asked a long time:

We want to use GAIA a bit more actively. However Is there a way to have AI every unit been controlled by GAIA with out actually handing it over to it manually. That means: Units spawned by the MCC Mission Generator, Zeus and also other mods/scripts that spawn in units during the mission (e.g. Alive). That would be so great because this way I would not need to do it manually and therefore see where enemies are. :3

Another question, kinda building up to that question before: Is there then a way to exclude a unit from GAIA (via an Init Line code?)

Many Greetings
Moony

Does anyone know how to use the EVAC option? I've tried placing waypoints down on freelanding and stuff but nothing happens.

I think it broke with the last Arma update. It hasn't been working like it was before. I'd imagine it will be fixed in the next MCC update.

• Like 1

Yup it is a known issue that has been fixed in the upcoming update.

Is there a time frame for the next release? I can't put up any new maps for the guys since half of them get stuck during the load in.

Also when i remove mcc some of the guys become seagulls. I imagine this is from them not disabling mcc from their mod list?

Is there a time frame for the next release? I can't put up any new maps for the guys since half of them get stuck during the load in.

Also when i remove mcc some of the guys become seagulls. I imagine this is from them not disabling mcc from their mod list?

This weekend we expect.

• Like 1

Anyone got a noob friendly tutorial on how to install inidb2 to save all inventory, crates positions and inventory, hunger, thirst, health etc?

Does the MOD do all that automatically when installed?

Also I read somewhere that I could add custom addaction to an item in inventory. Does that mean it would be possible if say I had 6 x wood, hammer and 1 scrap metal I could make it spawn a wooden pallet to board up windows etc using R3F logistics and inidb would save the position I place it?

I'm trying to find some way to board up houses to survive in etc using mcc. (Been watching too much Walking dead lol)

I have problem to load mission and got that message -  I was placing objects combined (zeus and map builder) than save mission to .sqm file (mcc option to save all mission objects as .sqm) and past all data to notepad, retext name to mission.sqm put file on right place and when i try to load it from editor it show up this message. Please any advice, a try to find that line and to realize whats wrong but obviously a need help. Sory on my english and thanks in advance. Waiting for answer (s)   

the error message  -   http://i.imgur.com/PJP0kmP.jpg

You got a missing } at line 36,256 most likely something in the init line. 

I've tested it with the latest version and I don't see anything wrong with EVAC, I can't remember if I fixed it or not and I lost the changelog due to HDD crush. 

Hey guys,

I hate to be that one guy that asks the question that most likely has been asked a long time:

We want to use GAIA a bit more actively. However Is there a way to have AI every unit been controlled by GAIA with out actually handing it over to it manually. That means: Units spawned by the MCC Mission Generator, Zeus and also other mods/scripts that spawn in units during the mission (e.g. Alive). That would be so great because this way I would not need to do it manually and therefore see where enemies are. :3

Another question, kinda building up to that question before: Is there then a way to exclude a unit from GAIA (via an Init Line code?)

Many Greetings

Moony

Hi Moon you can put the MCC GAIA settings module and select yes in the give all units to GAIA this should do the trick. 

GAIA should ignore any AI that have WP assigned to them so just give WP to units you want to exclude. 

Maps should get stuck only when you enable the surviving settings on. Do you experience something different? 

Anyone got a noob friendly tutorial on how to install inidb2 to save all inventory, crates positions and inventory, hunger, thirst, health etc?

Does the MOD do all that automatically when installed?

Also I read somewhere that I could add custom addaction to an item in inventory. Does that mean it would be possible if say I had 6 x wood, hammer and 1 scrap metal I could make it spawn a wooden pallet to board up windows etc using R3F logistics and inidb would save the position I place it?

I'm trying to find some way to board up houses to survive in etc using mcc. (Been watching too much Walking dead lol)

First you'll need inidb1 not 2 at least until the next update. Second, you just run it on the server as a mod nothing more. 

Regarding the flexibility of the inventory and survival mod framework you can find more here: http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Survive_mod

In short if you know your way around scripting you can accomplish what you are expecting. 

Maps should get stuck only when you enable the surviving settings on. Do you experience something different? 

Hmm i'm getting it without any mcc module in there.Maybe i need to put the mcc module in and turn off the survivor settings?

is anyone having issues with MCC on the Australia map?

nope, I was playing on it about a week ago with no issues what so ever.

Hey, just wanted to let you know that we still have the problem which I have posted on 2nd March [#4468].

When I'm starting the mission generator I will get an error message and thats it (no further progress, no mission target will be generated).

We already found out that when abolutely no trigger are used in the mission it works fine but when e.g. 1 blueforce trigger is set it will fail with this error message.

Error +: Typ Object, expect Number, Array, String, No Number

File A3\functions_f\Misc\fn_counter.sqf, line 30

Steps to reproduce:

1.) I have created a new empty mission and set just 1 player (mission generator works fine in preview)

2.) I added 1 Blueforce trigger (10x10, activated by BLUEFORCE), mission generator will fail and error message appears

Hope someone can help me.

Hi Moon you can put the MCC GAIA settings module and select yes in the give all units to GAIA this should do the trick. 

GAIA should ignore any AI that have WP assigned to them so just give WP to units you want to exclude. 

Thanks for the answer. However it only does partially what I expected. so two additional questions: 

1. How comes that Units generated by the Mission generator are not controlled by GAIA?

2. Is there some way to - maybe through a trigger - also give units to GAIA that are spawned in during the mission (maybe even with waypoints). The thing is, I still want to use ALiVE and would love to hand over the AI spawned by ALiVE to GAIA. A trigger appears to be the easiest solution (maybe it would also help with the units spawned via the Mission Generator ^^)

Another thing, and don't understand me wrong - I don't want to appear pushy in ANY way, about 2 Weeks ago spirit posted that he expects the new version on that weekend. How is the status of that update? (I want to clarify again, I don't push here. I'd just like to know if we can expect it soon or not and maybe get some infos about the hold up. ^^) 

Thanks for the answer. However it only does partially what I expected. so two additional questions: 

1. How comes that Units generated by the Mission generator are not controlled by GAIA?

2. Is there some way to - maybe through a trigger - also give units to GAIA that are spawned in during the mission (maybe even with waypoints). The thing is, I still want to use ALiVE and would love to hand over the AI spawned by ALiVE to GAIA. A trigger appears to be the easiest solution (maybe it would also help with the units spawned via the Mission Generator ^^)

Another thing, and don't understand me wrong - I don't want to appear pushy in ANY way, about 2 Weeks ago spirit posted that he expects the new version on that weekend. How is the status of that update? (I want to clarify again, I don't push here. I'd just like to know if we can expect it soon or not and maybe get some infos about the hold up. ^^) 

Hi Moony

1. Units generated by the mission generator are controlled by GAIA with a few exceptions such as civilians and enemies spawned inside houses are not GAIA controlled. 

2. It's kind of oxymoron as ALIVE do the same as GAIA when it comes to spawn AI and control it. And even if you give the spawned AI to GAIA, GAIA will ignore it as it ignores AI that have already WP assigned to them. So you can have ALIVE and GAIA run together handling different AI groups but both of them controlling the same group can lead to unexpected behaviors. That said I can imagine you want to use ALIVE for the random spawns of enemies across the map there are some way to do it in MCC such as the ambient modules or activating battlefield on.

Regarding the update, it is ready and being polished I was waiting for Spirit to finish his work on GAIA but he is very busy lately so I can't guarantee it will be fully ready for the update. 

Hi Moony

1. Units generated by the mission generator are controlled by GAIA with a few exceptions such as civilians and enemies spawned inside houses are not GAIA controlled. 

2. It's kind of oxymoron as ALIVE do the same as GAIA when it comes to spawn AI and control it. And even if you give the spawned AI to GAIA, GAIA will ignore it as it ignores AI that have already WP assigned to them. So you can have ALIVE and GAIA run together handling different AI groups but both of them controlling the same group can lead to unexpected behaviors. That said I can imagine you want to use ALIVE for the random spawns of enemies across the map there are some way to do it in MCC such as the ambient modules or activating battlefield on.

Regarding the update, it is ready and being polished I was waiting for Spirit to finish his work on GAIA but he is very busy lately so I can't guarantee it will be fully ready for the update. 

1. Yeah and thats the sad part because for me, they are just static (Like 80% of the units spawned via the Mission Generator are not controlled by GAIA. I can see that on the MCC Menu that they don't have the "G" in front of them and that they react like the stupid Arma AI....meaning they dont react to us @.@)

2. Yeah but at that part I just think that ALiVE is superior to MCC when it comes to random spawning, beginning with all the stuff you can set up in Alive (such as Random IED spawning and others....but thats just personal preferences ^^). But yeah I can see that this might cause trouble. 

As I said, no hurry! But thanks for letting me know!

Speaking about the first point raised by Moon_ChilD I'd like to make a request:

is it possible, in case of CQB, to set a % value of the unit spawned inside the houses controlled by GAIA with the Fortify behaviour?

I'm asking this because in our match we've found that , in case of CQB mission type, there is a kind of "lemmings-style" approach by AI.

I'll try to be a bit clear.

Imagine a not so big squad (like 16 players) that is approaching from a direction to the center of the town to conquest (or simply where is located the mission obj).

The squad try to be as stealth as possible..but at a certain point , near the town, the AI aim the squad.

It starts the conflict with few AIs...during this...the enemies inside the building, also if not controlled by GAIA, start to move followin the Vanilla AI behaviour and they go where they hear the conflict.

If this it could be realistic (if I am a general and someone said me that enemy is in my town, I'm sure I'll send him some units for fighting), actually it become really unrealistic because all enemies try to reach the squad folowing the same direction...really like lemmings.

So, in one of our last match, we selected some units inside the building and given them the Fortify behaviour and it was better and more realistic (if I'm the same general before, I know that there is enemies outside my town..but if I have to defend an objective...I'll send some units to fight and some others to defend my precious town, target and so on).

What do you think?

Thanks in advance

1. Yeah and thats the sad part because for me, they are just static (Like 80% of the units spawned via the Mission Generator are not controlled by GAIA. I can see that on the MCC Menu that they don't have the "G" in front of them and that they react like the stupid Arma AI....meaning they dont react to us @.@)

2. Yeah but at that part I just think that ALiVE is superior to MCC when it comes to random spawning, beginning with all the stuff you can set up in Alive (such as Random IED spawning and others....but thats just personal preferences ^^). But yeah I can see that this might cause trouble. 

As I said, no hurry! But thanks for letting me know!

I don't know if it is the mods you are using or the fact that i'm playing on a newer MCC version but for me all the units spawned by the mission gen are spawned on GAIA behavior.

There is no match between MCC and ALIVE as the last is much better in creating a full map battlefield while in MCC we focus on specific missions. So If you want to mix the two to the best let ALIVE do the global randomization and use MCC for the mission itself. 

Speaking about the first point raised by Moon_ChilD I'd like to make a request:

is it possible, in case of CQB, to set a % value of the unit spawned inside the houses controlled by GAIA with the Fortify behaviour?

I'm asking this because in our match we've found that , in case of CQB mission type, there is a kind of "lemmings-style" approach by AI.

I'll try to be a bit clear.

Imagine a not so big squad (like 16 players) that is approaching from a direction to the center of the town to conquest (or simply where is located the mission obj).

The squad try to be as stealth as possible..but at a certain point , near the town, the AI aim the squad.

It starts the conflict with few AIs...during this...the enemies inside the building, also if not controlled by GAIA, start to move followin the Vanilla AI behaviour and they go where they hear the conflict.

If this it could be realistic (if I am a general and someone said me that enemy is in my town, I'm sure I'll send him some units for fighting), actually it become really unrealistic because all enemies try to reach the squad folowing the same direction...really like lemmings.

So, in one of our last match, we selected some units inside the building and given them the Fortify behaviour and it was better and more realistic (if I'm the same general before, I know that there is enemies outside my town..but if I have to defend an objective...I'll send some units to fight and some others to defend my precious town, target and so on).

What do you think?

Thanks in advance

There are two ways to put AI in buildings using MCC:Fortify and garrison. 

1. Fortify - in fortify behavior a group of AI will spawn and look for the neares buildings to, well, fortify in it. The will leave the fortification if needed or under fire.

2, Garrison - AI will spawn indevdually (not grouped) inside buildings and will never move from there position or go prone. 

The mix of the two will give them the beavior you are after. 

P.S when using the Missiow Generator only garrison units will spawn.