shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

iPwnR you rocks  :cc:  :cc:

As stated before - if you have problems with MCC and Eden just create a new mission apparently there are some legacy issues. 

Hey guys.

@iPwnR: Thank you for the tip! Based on that I made a lot of tests and came to the following result:

I've created a complete new / blank map and just set a player. Result: MCC Mission Generator works fine.

Than I have added just one stupid bluefor trigger on the blank map and tested it again and the Mission Generator crashes.

I have tested it 3 times with the same result. If I delete ALL triggers on my old maps, the Mission Generator works fine. If just 1 trigger is placed in the mission, the Mission Generator freezes.

So I'm 100% sure that MCC will not work together with a trigger. That is a big problem for us and our missions, because we are using a lot of triggers.

@Shay: Could you please have a look on that again? I don't know why a trigger is freezing the mission generator. Sounds really crazy. Has the function parameters changed by bohemia or are you able to find another way? Hope you can help here.

Thank you all for your time :)

I have just downloaded r18 and the newest CBA. I am running 3 with no other mods. I go to use the Convoy Generator and it does not place a convoy. Restarted the game and same results. It will place my way points but no vehicles. Suggestions please. TIA. 

So, I have an issue like some of the other posters.  After the most recent patches, mission generation seems to be broken.  Users can log in, and missions will start to generate, but they will not complete. 
I can set it to occupy a zone with units and that will work, but the full on Mission Generation with multiple objectives will not work.

I do have triggers for a repair/reload script on the map.  I deleted those and tried it on my server with the same issue.

Going by your advice above Shay,  I should just rebuild the map in 3den and 1.56 hotfix and try it again?  Further expanding, would copy/pasting my objects cause any issues?  I am going to try to copy over all my base items, and replace all modules from scratch.

EDIT:  I rebuilt my template and missions are working again.  Stupid updates breaking stuff.. grrr.
Looking forward to next MCC update and refinements.

I have just downloaded r18 and the newest CBA. I am running 3 with no other mods. I go to use the Convoy Generator and it does not place a convoy. Restarted the game and same results. It will place my way points but no vehicles. Suggestions please. TIA. 

Yes Convoys don't work, they haven't worked in some time, it has been covered multiple times in this thread. I believe it has been addressed and will be fixed with the next update of MCC. If you need a convoy in your missions I suggest you use ARES mod.

@ski2060: For me it is not working. If I build a new mission just with 1 player and 1 trigger the mission generator will freeze. If I remove the trigger it works fine :(

@ski2060: For me it is not working. If I build a new mission just with 1 player and 1 trigger the mission generator will freeze. If I remove the trigger it works fine :(

Hmm, that's interesting.  I have a trigger for 4 separate repair/reload/refuel pads for my respawning helicopters and I don't appear to be experiencing any crashes from it.  But, now that I think about it, I don't think I went back and defined the trigger actions once copying them over from my other map.

I'll check them and see if I get any crashing.

Hmm, I wonder in MCC there are options to change the accuracy of AI units. Is this a global feature that overwrites settings? For example if I give a sniper a high accuracy with EDEN will MCC overwrite it?

• Like 1

Hmm, I wonder in MCC there are options to change the accuracy of AI units. Is this a global feature that overwrites settings? For example if I give a sniper a high accuracy with EDEN will MCC overwrite it?

Yes, interesting question! I think YES. But it is better to hear an answer straight from developers of MCC  :)

• Like 1

Hello,

I'd like to include the IED Mini Game (Using the IED Module, linking it to object) into one of my missions and need to be able to distinguish between

1: The countdown has started (some player attempts to disarm the bomb)

2: The disarming process failed (bomb explodes)

3: The countdown has stopped (the bomb was disarmed)

with triggers. Number 2 I can do, I just set a trigger to !alive bombObject. But the other two I have no idea how to do. Is there an 'armed' variable, 'defuseSuccess', 'countdownStarted' or something I can use as a global variable?

Thank you very much.

Hmm, that's interesting.  I have a trigger for 4 separate repair/reload/refuel pads for my respawning helicopters and I don't appear to be experiencing any crashes from it.  But, now that I think about it, I don't think I went back and defined the trigger actions once copying them over from my other map.

I'll check them and see if I get any crashing.

So we can tell for sure that it isn't on MCC side. Some legacy errors need to be fixed. 

Nope MCC doesn't handle with micro managing AI including accuracy - it will only set the skill of units spawned with MCC.

Is there any documentation on what RTS mode includes?

Unfortunately not. I'll get to it soon including how can one mod it as he see fit. But you can ask here and maybe even help expending the Wiki

Hello,

I'd like to include the IED Mini Game (Using the IED Module, linking it to object) into one of my missions and need to be able to distinguish between

1: The countdown has started (some player attempts to disarm the bomb)

2: The disarming process failed (bomb explodes)

3: The countdown has stopped (the bomb was disarmed)

with triggers. Number 2 I can do, I just set a trigger to !alive bombObject. But the other two I have no idea how to do. Is there an 'armed' variable, 'defuseSuccess', 'countdownStarted' or something I can use as a global variable?

Thank you very much.

1. You can't since it is local to the player.

2. You found out.

3. The "armed" variable of the IED should return false. The trick is that the real IED isn't the object that you are using but a hidden object next to it so you first need to get the realIED class and then check if it is armed. Something like this:

_realIED = this getVariable ["realIed",objNull];
_realIED spawn {
 //give some time to MCC init to catch up
 waituntil {time > 20};
 if (isnull _this) exitWith {systemchat "error: NO IED DETECTED"};
 while (_this getVariable ("armed",false)) do {sleep 1};
 hint "IED disarmed";
};
  • Like 1

So we can tell for sure that it isn't on MCC side. Some legacy errors need to be fixed. 

Nope MCC doesn't handle with micro managing AI including accuracy - it will only set the skill of units spawned with MCC.

Unfortunately not. I'll get to it soon including how can one mod it as he see fit. But you can ask here and maybe even help expending the Wiki

2. You found out.

3. The "armed" variable of the IED should return false. The trick is that the real IED isn't the object that you are using but a hidden object next to it so you first need to get the realIED class and then check if it is armed. Something like this:

_realIED spawn {
 waituntil {time > 20};
 hint "IED disarmed";
};

If a unit is in GAIA, then will its accuracy be changed?

2. You found out.

_realIED spawn {
 waituntil {time > 20};
 hint "IED disarmed";
};

Works like a charm! I only had to adjust a couple of brackets and the last part, since an exploding IED also sets the armed variable to false before it goes apparently.

_realIED = device getVariable ["realIed",objNull];
_realIED spawn {
	waituntil {time > 20};
	while {_this getVariable ["armed",false]} do {sleep 1};
	sleep 5;
	if (alive device) then {hint "IED disarmed";} else {hint "Boom";};
};

Thank you very much shay_gman.

• Like 1

I have a dedicated server I am trying to put MCC on, and for some reason it is not initializing.  I have no ability to open it when using the scroll wheel option.  The mod is currently on the server, and in the server config, and to make it stranger, when hitting esc. in the server, MCC options are not present, however, if the esc. button is rapidly pressed, mcc options can be seen in the top left of the esc. menu but goes away once I keep the esc. menu open.  Anyone have any experience with an issue like this?  

If a unit is in GAIA, then will its accuracy be changed?

Nope, unless something is planned to change in the next GAIA updates accuracy or any other skill isn't effected by GAIA or MCC.

I have a dedicated server I am trying to put MCC on, and for some reason it is not initializing.  I have no ability to open it when using the scroll wheel option.  The mod is currently on the server, and in the server config, and to make it stranger, when hitting esc. in the server, MCC options are not present, however, if the esc. button is rapidly pressed, mcc options can be seen in the top left of the esc. menu but goes away once I keep the esc. menu open.  Anyone have any experience with an issue like this?  

Try re downloading MCC then try running the server only with MCC then add mods until you'll get to the mod that is interfering with MCC.

• Like 1

Heya. Currently in Belgium unplanned but when back in Holland next week I will push the promised code :)

Is there a way to remove all MCC related items from the virtual arsenal?

Hey,

Is there a way I can use the atmosphere options to activate on mission from the start?

I would like to edit the map to have the blizzard at all times and maybe have a few warzone areas so I dont have to do it from the console etc.

Thanks.

Ps Can I add clothing items to the search options in survival mode? Was reading the wiki but couldnt tell :)

Hey,

Is there a way I can use the atmosphere options to activate on mission from the start?

I would like to edit the map to have the blizzard at all times and maybe have a few warzone areas so I dont have to do it from the console etc.

Thanks.

Ps Can I add clothing items to the search options in survival mode? Was reading the wiki but couldnt tell :)

There is a module you can use in the editor that will enable the atmosphere you desire. However it doesn't include every atmosphere (last time I looked snow wasn't in it) and I'm not 100% sure if it actually works. Hopefully Shay can take a look at it for the upcoming release.

As for clothes in the Survival mode, I'm pretty sure you can. How? I'm not sure but I assume it wouldn't be any different to most other items.

Hey,

Thanks.

There is a module you can use in the editor that will enable the atmosphere you desire. However it doesn't include every atmosphere (last time I looked snow wasn't in it) and I'm not 100% sure if it actually works. Hopefully Shay can take a look at it for the upcoming release.

As for clothes in the Survival mode, I'm pretty sure you can. How? I'm not sure but I assume it wouldn't be any different to most other items.

Ok got a bug going on right now......

Running just latest CBA and Latest MCC only,

Place the MCC mechanics module and set mission to survival mode. Play mission on dedi server and it wont load.(Freezes arma on loading screen, cant exit etc)

Remove the MCC module mission loads but as soon as I turn survival mode on people cant JIP and freezes on loading screen for them.

Anyone else getting same issue?

Ok got a bug going on right now......

Running just latest CBA and Latest MCC only,

Place the MCC mechanics module and set mission to survival mode. Play mission on dedi server and it wont load.(Freezes arma on loading screen, cant exit etc)

Remove the MCC module mission loads but as soon as I turn survival mode on people cant JIP and freezes on loading screen for them.

Anyone else getting same issue?

Yup it is a known issue that has been fixed in the upcoming update.