shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Seems that the Mission Generator is broken since Eden update. The text "Generating Mission Please Wait" appears but nothing happens.

Tested on dedicated Server with large zone on different maps with different units and different mission targets. :-/

Mine has worked since Eden, but stopped a few days ago. I realized it was after I updated my tac unit's missions but that took a while to find out. I can generate a mission on any game aside from the ones I made for my unit. The only difference between missions I've made for my modded unit, and vanilla arma missions, is that I saved the missions when all the mods were on. Maybe if I turned MCC off and re-saved it? Another possible but unlikely reason could be the most recent mod versions conflicting. We have CBA, RHS, and ACE in common. The ACE update didn't seem to have an effect since MCC didn't work before v3.5.0

Thanks. Seems that many people have the same problem. Maybe because of the latest CBA version or when we convert a mission to the new 3D format?

Hope shay can help us very soon because MCC is our basic mod :-) Hope the error message from #4468 could help you.

Guies it's not normal \|/ (artillery added to gaia via command with " "move" " argument)

3C74151F47E7A753DE3F77EBC55FA07AD6A7DA2E

or its civilian's ? (just now saw what it can be theirs waypoints)

• Like 1

Guies it's not normal \|/ (artillery added to gaia via command with " "move" " argument)

I have the same problem. Artillery and mortars just wants to move instead of shoot

• Like 1

It have sentry waypoint, but next .. ``'(|not only `the waypoint|).

Hey MCC Devs, sorry if this has been posted but I thought I would share. Through extensive testing my group as found that if we have the MCC module "Settings Mechanics" in a mission, then the mission will not load for clients, Dedicated servers will load into the mission fine, but the clients will not. Once the MCC module is deleted then the mission loads for everyone. 

Again i did believe i read that MCC modules possibly had issues with eden so just figured i would forward this issue. Love MCC and its our mainstay. Thanks !

Hey MCC Devs, sorry if this has been posted but I thought I would share. Through extensive testing my group as found that if we have the MCC module "Settings Mechanics" in a mission, then the mission will not load for clients, Dedicated servers will load into the mission fine, but the clients will not. Once the MCC module is deleted then the mission loads for everyone. 

Again i did believe i read that MCC modules possibly had issues with eden so just figured i would forward this issue. Love MCC and its our mainstay. Thanks !

Does it still happen after yesterday's Arma hotfix?

Is there a way to sync a zone or area to the player spawn area? The issue I have is players are spawning outside my base walls and have to travel a substantial distance around the base to get back to HQ. Are there ANY variables that a designer has as it relates to the player spawn location in relation to HQ?

Thank you again for you excellent MOD and follow up.

I can check if I could minimize the spawn distance. 

Seems that the Mission Generator is broken since Eden update. The text "Generating Mission Please Wait" appears but nothing happens.

Tested on dedicated Server with large zone on different maps with different units and different mission targets. :-/

The problem with most of the errors you are posting is that they are in BI function. I don't know if BI changed some of the functions I will have to take a look. 

Small request: can add  "black box" item from ARP2 with size ~ 3/4 of "assaultpack"'s space ?

What is it ARP2? you can add items to MCC yourself that is the idea behind MCC.

Hi Shay

in regards to the respawn system,things are working as you said however i have tested alot and correct me if im worng...but if lets say i set mcc class barrels to have a low spawn chance to drop loot and i loot a barrel,and there is no loot in it(perfecly normal with low loot spawn chance) after 24 ingame hours does it have a chance to spawn new items? It seems that if on mission start an object spawns nothing,then it will always spawn nothing even after the loot has a chance to respawn.

Also,im unable to light a fire or cook food on it when i create the fire(when looking at the fire place it says "unknown")

And in regards to weather making you sick,how does it work?I ran around in the rain naked while at high altitude and didnt ever get sick.

Items will spawn only if a player searched the loot spawn before and looted it clean. 

Regarding cooking exc. I created the framework for the survival and I let the players create their own game. 

You can add any function to an inventory item you can read it here: http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Survive_mod

Also here is another problem I noticed. screenshot_103.png

Ever since Eden came out this happens when I make an IED in eden.

Thanks I'll check it out. 

What artillery vehicle are you using?

Thanks

What is it ARP2? you can add items to MCC yourself that is the idea behind MCC.

Mod with objects like M.R.E. s, watter, .. .

) , would like, not patient to learning modding and object''s creation.

The point about adding vehoicle's "black box" item for rolleplaying.

shay_gman, on 04 Mar 2016 - 10:55, said:

What artillery vehicle are you using?

Standard "2S9 Sochor".

But i rechecked, don't looks like it happening anymore, possible it was civilian's waypoints, and who are liked and repeated the post i guies have problem with that what artillery doesn't providing support (didn't tryed with mortars, but at my system that one does).

About generating missions...

I don't know, that before the hotfix, whether the mission generation was working or not in my mission with mcc mod, when it was saved from the 3d editor. (Because it didn't even start on dedi, but that part is now fixed).

It seems that the generator draws the circle, places the objectives, but can't finish the rest.

But now I tried it, and no form of the mission generation is working. I tried into a zone, anywhere on map, or with campaign. I tried while hosting, or on the local dedicated server I usually use.

The old version of the mission, saved from the 2d editor (even if saved after 1.56), still works perfectly.

(One difference I noticed, I don't know if it's related or not: the "old" version shows some synchronizing stuff on the left of the screen after the mission starts, those version I saved from the 3d editor doesn't do this)

• Like 1

Does it still happen after yesterday's Arma hotfix?

Yes still happens after hotfix unfortunately. 

Thanks again Shay for all the hard work on MCC, there isn't anything out there like it, so its a pretty vital piece of my groups ARMA nights. We appreciate it. 

No it is not working :-( same error as posted before during generating a mission.

Some parked cars are locked when setting in module are opposite.

This week I'll try to figure out what causes the mission generator to get stuck. I've narrowed it down to being the 3D editor saving differently, running MCC when saving mission files, and description.ext scripts that cause errors. The most likely is the 3D editor. The mission generator works on missions created a while back by myself, indicating that mod compatibility is not the problem (thank god). That means there is a 99% chance of a temporary fix. I'll post once I find the fix. Eden has caused so many issues I've had to spend hours on to troubleshoot and solve.

Maybe Bohemia can make intelligent life to do this for me? No? Can someone make a mod? :P

Back from the holidays and up for some releasing somewhere this week, stay tuned :)

• Like 1

This week I'll try to figure out what causes the mission generator to get stuck. I've narrowed it down to being the 3D editor saving differently, running MCC when saving mission files, and description.ext scripts that cause errors. The most likely is the 3D editor. The mission generator works on missions created a while back by myself, indicating that mod compatibility is not the problem (thank god). That means there is a 99% chance of a temporary fix. I'll post once I find the fix. Eden has caused so many issues I've had to spend hours on to troubleshoot and solve.

Maybe Bohemia can make intelligent life to do this for me? No? Can someone make a mod? :P

Thanks I thought it might be it. My suggestion is build new missions' templates. 

Back from the holidays and up for some releasing somewhere this week, stay tuned :)

Welcome back  :wub:

I'm sorry if it has already posted by someone...but I think I've found a bug with triggers and zones size.

To test if it's a bug or not try this following steps:

- create a zone with a visible size

- spawn inside some unit groups (example opfor) controlled by GAIA

- create a trigger with a "West" "Present" settings

- now, the triggering system start to record what you're doing so move the zone to another position

- stop capturing

- the zone has now a "zero size" dimensions and the units  stop moving by themself (sometimes they walk for some seconds and after they stop).

Is it a bug or not?

Thanks in advance

Hey guys. Any news regarding the mission generator? Hope you can provide a fix very soon. Thank you so much!

I don't know why you guys are having trouble with the mission generator. It works perfectly fine for me. Locally and on a dedicated server.

• Like 1

I tried IED mini game and Disarmed all module.

then limit timer is stopped ・・・but Nothing happens.

just still open dialog. then i can reopen mini game. I cant complete.

please check it.

anyway thank you great MOD and you hard work !!

I don't know why you guys are having trouble with the mission generator. It works perfectly fine for me. Locally and on a dedicated server.

I think that if we knew why is it working for some, and why not for others, I bet it'd be much easier to fix ;)

Hey guys. Any news regarding the mission generator? Hope you can provide a fix very soon. Thank you so much!

I think that if we knew why is it working for some, and why not for others, I bet it'd be much easier to fix ;)

Both of you:

It's already stated that the mission generator errors are coming from using Eden editor, or not using it, anyway it isn't on MCC side - the errors are coming from BI count function not from MCC. 

I tried IED mini game and Disarmed all module.

then limit timer is stopped ・・・but Nothing happens.

just still open dialog. then i can reopen mini game. I cant complete.

please check it.

anyway thank you great MOD and you hard work !!

Yeah when you finish the game the IED timer stops that is the idea. Nothing happened. If you don't stop the timer it will explode when it reaches zero. There is an error that you can re-play already disabled IED but it fixed in the upcoming version. 

• Like 1

:D   :627:

The mission generator bug is confusing me now. When I make a new 3D mission, it works, but if I copy and paste any of my old ones from the 3D editor into a new scenario it doesn't work. I thought it was going to be any missions imported from the 2D editor into 3D editor got the bug. Luckily, it rules out all description.ext, init.sqf, and texture files as being a problem. So now I'm left with the realization that something, somewhere, in the thousands of objects I've placed in each of my tactical unit's bases is causing this.

• Like 1

I FIXED IT!!!

But there's bad news. It was two triggers set to detect Opfor or Independent forces if they entered a certain area, and then trigger a siren throughout the base. Deleting those and republishing the mission worked. Now I have no idea how the hell that caused my issue, but maybe there was some function taken out of triggers that the game could no longer understand.

Basically Knight81, delete your triggers and see if that fixes it. If it does, figure out which ones you can put back.

• Like 1