shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

hi, I want to know how the mcc ammo box works? I put this item in the backpack of an AI teammate and he didn't give me ammunition.

MCC ammo boxes are used only by players.  It is like BF ammopacks where a player can pick up an ammo box and drop it on the ground when needed and then him or other players can restock ammo, grenades and medical equipment out of it. It doesn't open an inventory dialog it just resupply weapons that the player already have. Each ammo box will vanish after certain amount of restocks or after 5 minutes. 

You use the bigger version which is the MCC Ammo Crates - that can be bought from the HQ if logistics is enabled which will allow vehicles and players to restock ammo from them (vehicles by getting close and players by using the MCC or ACE interaction key). 

To use the MCC ammo boxes one need to have at least one box in his inventory and then either use ACE self interaction or MCC key binds by pressing the 4 button and toggle between utilities until he get the ammo box and then pressing the left mouse button to place them on the ground. 

To resupply just use MCC or ACE interaction. 

More How-to videos?  New features?

Yes I would love to see more How-to videos :)

I need some help on a couple of topics related to MCC.  Any help would be very much appreciated.

1. While in the ARMA3 editor I place the MCC module START LOCATION and all other supporting modules to allow the MCC campaign missions. The question I have is, how can I stop the random spawn location for MAIN? I want players to spawn in a very specific area related tot he START module.

2. Is there a way to turn off the enemy attacking the START location or Base? 

3. MCC Zone restriction: How can I have a zone that stops enemy AI from entering a given zone.

Any help with examples or links to off BI site examples is appreciated.

Hajimoto

1. The start location HQ should spawn directly at the module location. Players that spawn on it will spawn near it depends on the empty positions found. 

2. No, the enemy will eventually attack the player's HQ if the players inflict enough damage to the enemy's side. 

3. The zone restriction restrict players not AI from entering it. You can't restrict AI from entering a zone ATM. 

Is anyone else experiencing issues with MCC after the 1.56 patch regarding access?  Even after the patch I could access MCC via the interact menu on my template mission.  There was nothing wrong with it.  Then, yesterday, it seems that the scroll interact access to MCC has disappeared.

I can access it still via CTRL+DEL, but scroll access is gone now.

Also, I was having trouble placing units in a Zone.  It seemed they did not want to spawn via MCC, and in some cases, LOP units would not spawn with Zeus either.

I guess that you have the MCC settings module and because of the current error with modules not saving variables in Eden it just switch to "No action menu" option - that is why you don't see MCC in the action menu. Should be fixed in BI side. 

Hey Shay! I'm trying to use MCC logistic system but it seems its not functioning. I've placed 3 crates close to the F.O.B construction area and nothing happens.

Running latest MCC and CBA version.

You need to place Supply crates not Ammo or Fuel and at least 2 more players or AI units next to the building placeholder until the process complete. You will see the crates turn into sacks and then vanish. 

• Like 2

I've noticed that my MCC4 tends to runs slow after I start running a mission. I don't have a huge FPS drop, everything in the MCC4 menu tends to stop or slow to crawl. Moving units becomes a big hassle. In your guys experience what kinds of mods tend to slow down MCC4? The other mods I'm running are equipment mods for new gear, like SMA3 and RHS, a few factions, a few map packs. Also just watched the video for R19 and am super excited for it. Last question is do you think I should even bother with ACE3 at this point? You seem to be adding a lot of the same features as it does but better suited for singleplayer stuff.

I've noticed that my MCC4 tends to runs slow after I start running a mission. I don't have a huge FPS drop, everything in the MCC4 menu tends to stop or slow to crawl. Moving units becomes a big hassle. In your guys experience what kinds of mods tend to slow down MCC4? The other mods I'm running are equipment mods for new gear, like SMA3 and RHS, a few factions, a few map packs. Also just watched the video for R19 and am super excited for it. Last question is do you think I should even bother with ACE3 at this point? You seem to be adding a lot of the same features as it does but better suited for singleplayer stuff.

If you play most of the time Singleplayer like me, ACE3 isn't a good option right now. The medical system doesn't work on AI for example. MCC have a lot of features that works on the SP experience, like the fast rope and the medical system. Even the logistic system works if you have AI on your team!  :)

1. The start location HQ should spawn directly at the module location. Players that spawn on it will spawn near it depends on the empty positions found. 

Is there a way to sync a zone or area to the player spawn area? The issue I have is players are spawning outside my base walls and have to travel a substantial distance around the base to get back to HQ. Are there ANY variables that a designer has as it relates to the player spawn location in relation to HQ?

Thank you again for you excellent MOD and follow up.

Does anyone else have the problem in the commander console that when moving the map by holding down the right mouse button, it forces the last player controlled unit to move towards wherever you had to click to move the map?

Don't think so.

Do anyone know when MCC's modules will work in "EDEN" ?

(Commoooon, without MCC's " small protection " option for |'vests's setting'| the game iis horrible ) ).

Don't think so.

Do anyone know when MCC's modules will work in "EDEN" ?

(Commoooon, without MCC's " small protection " option for |'vests's setting'| the game iis horrible ) ).

If you are making standalone missions, you can edit the module settings by saving the mission as a non binary and use Notepad++ or other text editor to set the variables manually in the mission.sqm.

If you are making standalone missions, you can edit the module settings by saving the mission as a non binary and use Notepad++ or other text editor to set the variables manually in the mission.sqm.

*.*.*. ``(forgot about), thanks ) .

Has anyone noticed that GAIA is not only great for infantry but also great for anti aircraft guns? Before I figured out that it was useful for the ZSUs they were terrible at killing aircraft and got wiped out immediatly. Once you add them into GAIA they work together to call out where the aircraft are coming from and actually have a good chance of firing first instead of getting slaughtered.

Also because the GAIA standalone/scripting thread is inactive I have a question about using the respawn scriptscreenshot_102.png

This respawn script does not make the units respawn. Units set to respawn in the MCC GUI do respawn normally.

Seems that the Mission Generator is broken since Eden update. The text "Generating Mission Please Wait" appears but nothing happens.

Tested on dedicated Server with large zone on different maps with different units and different mission targets. :-/

Small request: can add  "black box" item from ARP2 with size ~ 3/4 of "assaultpack"'s space ?

Seems that the Mission Generator is broken since Eden update. The text "Generating Mission Please Wait" appears but nothing happens.

Tested on dedicated Server with large zone on different maps with different units and different mission targets. :-/

I tested it and it seemed to work fine. 

Did you tested it on a dedicated server? We are using CBA, ACE3, RHS Mod and the AllInArma Terrain Pack.

I've been using MCC4 with 1.56 on my groups dedicated server with CBA, RHS, and CUP Terrains, and others, but not ACE3 yet. It's mostly been working just fine. I will say that, occasionally, I get the same behavior. The "Generating Mission" starts, but seems to get stuck either before or after objectives are created. The progress indicator is not freezing but it never seems to finish creating the mission. I've only been using the Altis terrain since the update so I can't speak about other terrains. I do know that MCC says that with ARMA 2 terrains you should use the 'zone' method. I will add that this behavior is just occasionally, the vast majority of the time it creates a mission using the mission generator just fine.

Dave

Knight our server runs the same mods as yours (only CUP terrains instead of AIATP) and more and we don't have nay problems with the mission generator. I suggest you check your mod both on your server and locally along with checking your version of CBA.

I have tested it locally now and there it also didn't work. I can see the following error messages when I create a mission with the mission generator.

get_download.inc.php?file_id=1637&public

Another issue I'm experiencing is that I can't get the MCC settings module to actual change the mission settings. The GAIA settings module seems to work fine. But when I place the MCC settings module and change some of the settings, preview the mission, login to MCC and look at the missions settings they are always still at the default settings. Any ideas?

update: MCC settings module does work. It doesn't seem to include the setting for 'resistance alliance' which made me think it wasn't working.

Dave

Hi Shay

in regards to the respawn system,things are working as you said however i have tested alot and correct me if im worng...but if lets say i set mcc class barrels to have a low spawn chance to drop loot and i loot a barrel,and there is no loot in it(perfecly normal with low loot spawn chance) after 24 ingame hours does it have a chance to spawn new items? It seems that if on mission start an object spawns nothing,then it will always spawn nothing even after the loot has a chance to respawn.

Also,im unable to light a fire or cook food on it when i create the fire(when looking at the fire place it says "unknown")

And in regards to weather making you sick,how does it work?I ran around in the rain naked while at high altitude and didnt ever get sick.

screenshot_102.png

I've tried a few more times but it seems that the respawn script for eden/2d editor does not work. Has anyone had the same problem?

I

Also here is another problem I noticed. screenshot_103.png

Ever since Eden came out this happens when I make an IED in eden.

Is it possible to apply mcc generated missions in the editor?

What I would like to do is have a commander AI at the player base that provides a list of available missions for players to choose from, I would like to limit the missions to the Factions placed in the game.

Alternatively is it possible to build mcc missions in the editor (rather than in game), so that the task pop up progressively?

Thanks

screenshot_102.png

I've tried a few more times but it seems that the respawn script for eden/2d editor does not work. Has anyone had the same problem?

Yes, in my case I put a couple of planes down from both parties and watched them fight it out. No respawn once destroyed.

(group this) setVariable ["mcc_gaia_cache",true]; (group this) setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["1","NOFOLLOW"], false]; (group this) setVariable ["MCC_GAIA_RESPAWN",999];

Are we needing to put something in our mission init.sqf for it to be reconised? "GAIA Setting Module ~ GAIA units only enabled"

Is it possible to create a module for Dogfights "Fixed Wing"  AI vs AI, AI vs Player? Place a marker down on a runway where they can spawn/refuel/repair/rearm etc, or is there any scripts out there which already do this? 

Cheers

• Like 1

How do I get the AI mortars to fire when they are linked into GAIA? They turn to face the enemy but even when set at 1 minute they never fire.