shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

I too having problems logging in to MCC. Kicks back to login prompt when trying to log in.

CBA updated - using mod version of mcc.

• Like 3

WIP Gaia report

- Fixed: Hand placed helicopters search their own "home base" and move. They now always go back to where placed.

- Added : Transportation by helicopters (with mixed results because of horrible flightschool ai)

- Added : transportation of all (including heli's) used during offensive attack moves.

Its quite fun to hand place helicopters on a far away airport, create a zone with infantry and now move the zone to another place. They all get nicely tranported and the helis go back to "home". Its also incredibly scary to see the AI organize a truck to get to the conflict area faster and see the truck go back to pickup another group.

So  I am handling the small stuff first to make the bigger stuff possible. Gues I go release this already soon.

To above: Yes I gues you need a fix for something. have not seen the issue myself but I trust it will be there. Lets see if Shay wakes up :)

• Like 7

WIP Gaia report

- Fixed: Hand placed helicopters search their own "home base" and move. They now always go back to where placed.

- Added : Transportation by helicopters (with mixed results because of horrible flightschool ai)

- Added : transportation of all (including heli's) used during offensive attack moves.

Its quite fun to hand place helicopters on a far away airport, create a zone with infantry and now move the zone to another place. They all get nicely tranported and the helis go back to "home". Its also incredibly scary to see the AI organize a truck to get to the conflict area faster and see the truck go back to pickup another group.

So  I am handling the small stuff first to make the bigger stuff possible. Gues I go release this already soon.

To above: Yes I gues you need a fix for something. have not seen the issue myself but I trust it will be there. Lets see if Shay wakes up :)

Really promising ! Thank you !

WIP Gaia report

CUT ..........

Goodi goodi   :wub:

Could this move Pooks Sam`s around and make them relocate,a timer maybe,to diffirent places in a mission?  That would really make it a challenge for MP-gamers.....

If stuff could be "tagged" somehow ,AA-emplacement detected= F-16 A-G,EA-18 G support aircraft is getting airborne to take out that target?

Maybe alerting the player that is Zeus,that he might want to place something that helps the flow of the mission?

Maybe a module that takes care of where the AA-assets that might as well be placed by slingloading (or gives a "ticket" ,"work assignment" to chopper pilots) in MP.

To slow down human push,randomly place AA-teams into cars,and place them in deep ,close to the player,or randomly execute code that will shut-down the engine,or take away the fuel,or jam guns in the choppers?

Here`s a idea:  What if you can leave a shot-up helo in the field-and create a ambush-counter ambush thinge ,where one team can sling-load the entire chopper--and the other try to ambush the operation?

HI, 

Just came back from Prague - what a wonderful city it is: hot girls and cheap beers - or was it the other way around  :rolleyes:

I see there are some problem with the 1.56 update.

We'll take a look on it. 

EDIT:

After some reading the errors with modules in Eden are BI side and happends in other mods as well - so just stick to the 2d editor if you planning on adding modules. 

• Like 2

Is it possible to use the survive mode but disabling the scavenging?

Random comment after several missions: The unarmed car AI is beautiful. Its just amazing to stick transport vehicles down and have soldiers get into them when needed and disembark when needed. 

Thats not to say it works perfectly since they love to run over their friends in a rush to pick up some guys on the otherside but its much better than zeus micromanaging:)

Also I have a suggestion for zones and GAIA. Would it be possible to make certain zones high priority or have multiple zone types? For example a HQ zone that GAIA will defend at all costs. So for example when enemy units start approaching that area GAIA will pull out units from other zones, even if they are set to Fortify or Defensive?

Does anyone know if helicopters will direct AI artillery fire? Sometimes GAIA decides to fly choppers above an incoming enemy force so I try placing mortars farther away and linking them into GAIA, results are decidedly mixed.

HI, 

Just came back from Prague - what a wonderful city it is: hot girls and cheap beers - or was it the other way around  :rolleyes:

I see there are some problem with the 1.56 update.

We'll take a look on it. 

EDIT:

After some reading the errors with modules in Eden are BI side and happends in other mods as well - so just stick to the 2d editor if you planning on adding modules. 

On the previous page you will see we are also having issues with JIP and respawn.

On JIP we are getting nothing but default gear and the script errors we listed are appearing in the RPTs.

On respawn we are loosing our primary and secondary weapons.

Just to confirm we are on version R18.

One thing to note is we have removed the house on start location because everyone gets stuck in it when we spawn. Shouldn't impact this change but we are letting you know we did it because its broken in the latest release and its one change we are maintaining on our end in the hope it gets fixed at some point otherwise. All we do is remove the house to solve the issue. Let me know if you want a diff to for that one.

screenshot_93.png

This house and the sandbags are under one zone, the units are set to fortify, how can I get them to stand by these sandbags?

@Mossshadow

Can't, fortification looks at building positions only.

Your best bet would be hand place units there and not set them to GAIA. You could try BIS_fnc_taskDefend or CBA_fnc_taskDefend, I don't know exactly if they will work.

• Like 1

@Mossshadow

Can't, fortification looks at building positions only.

Your best bet would be hand place units there and not set them to GAIA. You could try BIS_fnc_taskDefend or CBA_fnc_taskDefend, I don't know exactly if they will work.

Placing them sort of works. However at the first sound of bullets they lie down

screenshot_94.jpg

Which defeats the purpose of the sandbags. 

@Mosshadow

Put this in the init of each unit behind the sandbags:

this disableAI "AUTOCOMBAT";

It might work.

• Like 1

On the previous page you will see we are also having issues with JIP and respawn.

On JIP we are getting nothing but default gear and the script errors we listed are appearing in the RPTs.

On respawn we are loosing our primary and secondary weapons.

Just to confirm we are on version R18.

One thing to note is we have removed the house on start location because everyone gets stuck in it when we spawn. Shouldn't impact this change but we are letting you know we did it because its broken in the latest release and its one change we are maintaining on our end in the hope it gets fixed at some point otherwise. All we do is remove the house to solve the issue. Let me know if you want a diff to for that one.

Ok, I need to update to 1.56 and see whats going on. I have a new version to release that would probably need some fixing since Eden update and I'm waiting on Spirit amazing progress on GAIA.

Spawning without an HQ shouldn't be a problem i'm afraid some BI functions has been changed in the dev version the set insigna function was broken so it might be it.

You have in the MCC 3d editor or in MCC's Zeus a preset for unit to force stand up. 

• Like 3

@Mosshadow

Put this in the init of each unit behind the sandbags:

this disableAI "AUTOCOMBAT";

It might work.

Ok, I need to update to 1.56 and see whats going on. I have a new version to release that would probably need some fixing since Eden update and I'm waiting on Spirit amazing progress on GAIA.

Spawning without an HQ shouldn't be a problem i'm afraid some BI functions has been changed in the dev version the set insigna function was broken so it might be it.

You have in the MCC 3d editor or in MCC's Zeus a preset for unit to force stand up. 

Thanks for the help, the MCC preset works fine! Does it carry over if I save a mission in MCC?

Hey,

For those that want to goof around a little on transportation stuff and supply some early feedback. Its all yours! Put it into your editor mission folder (like this C:\Users\rjjoo\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Spirit\missions):

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5B56E83CAD09AC30!564&authkey=!AAYlL2ivsi_qELc&ithint=file%2c7z

Goof around in editor, press play, go do some stuff.

• Like 2

Could someone please help me out with the loot description,ext for the campaign/survival module of mcc?

im not sure what im doing worng her but i have the class names for some weapons and mags,i added them to what i think is the correct location in the correct format but the weapons dont appear in any lootable positions even when i set the chance for weapons to spawn at 100%...

HERE IS HOW I PUT IT:

class MCC_survivalWeapons {
  itemClasses[] = {"hgun_Pistol_heavy_02_F", "SIG_P226", "hgun_mas_mak_F", "hgun_mas_acp_F","hgun_mas_glock_F", "hgun_mas_mp7_F", "arifle_mas_mp40", "hlc_rifle_auga1carb_t", "hlc_rifle_saiga12k", "rhs_weap_M590_8RD", "arifle_mas_m14", "srifle_mas_m24_v", "Trixie_Enfield", "hlc_rifle_ak47", "GG_Weaponpack_M1_Garand", "chakFNP90_50rnd_skin21", "arifle_mas_m1014", "Trixie_CZ550", "arifle_mas_lee", "arifle_mas_aa12"};
 };

class MCC_survivalMagazines {
  itemClasses[] = {};
 };

class MCC_survivalAttachments {
  itemClasses[] = {};
 };

Any ideas anyone?

While using the 3D or 2D editor is it possible for me to place MCC zones and place units into GAIA?

While using the 3D or 2D editor is it possible for me to place MCC zones and place units into GAIA?

Yes very easily if you have the mod version installed

Create a marker and name it as a number (lets say 1)

in the init of the group leader add this:   (group this) setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["1", "NOFOLLOW"], false];

The group will patrol zone(marker 1) and not leave it.  where it says 1,you can change it to any number and that group will find the marker named what ever number you choose.There is better documentation on Gaia script forum in mission editing and scripting

• Like 1

You can set whatever zone you want prior to mission start - a zone is just a marker and you can name it whatever you like. Again a zone is just a marker. 

Then put this init on the group leader

group this setVariable ['GAIA_ZONE_INTEND',["zoneMarkerName","MOVE"], true];

Where "zoneMarkerName" is the name of the zone and "MOVE" is the behavior. 

The behavior can be any of the bellow:

"MOVE" - AI will patrol the zone and pursuit known enemies outside the zone.

"NOFOLLOW" - AI will patrol the zone but will not pursuit known enemies outside the zone

"FORTIFY" - AI will look for empty building and static weapons and dig inside

• Like 1

Hey,

For those that want to goof around a little on transportation stuff and supply some early feedback. Its all yours! Put it into your editor mission folder (like this C:\Users\rjjoo\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Spirit\missions):

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5B56E83CAD09AC30!564&authkey=!AAYlL2ivsi_qELc&ithint=file%2c7z

Goof around in editor, press play, go do some stuff.

So far it's working nicely !! Excellent job !! :) 

What I noticed so far:

- gaia is hikacking non gaia chopper for a one way trip. on destination, the non gaia chopper stays on the landing zone indefinitely, motor on

- infanteries are now lazy !! they call a chopper for a 1 km walk. I guess you plan some toggle to manage the min distance before calling air transport or having some groups unable to call air transport

- AI are stacked (ie overlapping) when loading in. disembarking doesn't have this issue. you can noticed this if the inf are on the LZ before the chopper

Thx again for working on Gaia !!

• Like 1