shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Could Gaia use helos to spot target,then report back to a HQ?  Set up Sam sites (Pooks) on the fly?  Insert agent ahead of time in an area?

Mine areas? Or leave single AA-units behind,when they evac a area?

Lock a door , leave a bulldozer in the way on the RW of a airport and lock it?

Snipe a leader?  Conduct an air attack?  Or a parachute reinforcement right onto players? 

A more aggressive form of push .

HC converter might be a useful asset.Point to any leader of a group,and add them to group or subgroup.Make them merge with an enemy and give cover fire. 

spirit6, on 13 Feb 2016 - 17:24, said:

" Do cas ", " do mortar " on player's requests (mcc's self interaction).

I would like to request ,that it could use any air mod/aircraft as CAS as virtual entity .Could we set it`s number of waves and ToT?

it would be great if Gaia could send groups around your detected location (what's the good radius ? not sure. 100 m may be ?  more ? depends on terrain type...). also, the 3:1 ratio should be a bit more random, to add some unpredictability

- air transport: I don't think Gaia is able to do that right now. even better: assume landing by default but add the abiity to paradrop or fast rope transported troops (make it configurable by some variable)

I'll add more if I'm think about something else. :)

I think I reported something similar to this in that GAIA knows EXACTLY where you are and sends its troops to that exact point. I think there should be some fuzziness in the logic to this.

• Like 1

I always find it funny how people are like: the AI is too stupid... fix it! Then they are like: the AI is too smart,.. fix it!

I remember watching a thing on AI design by the designer of Civ IV, and he said the biggest issue is finding a balance between too good and too bad. In real life, humans are very smart, but people don't want to play against real life AI (although they claim they do), they want to play against semi-real but beatable AI.

Guys is it possible to create zones and control gaia|player's control over units in editor? to create some presets before mission start.

Guys,

I'm planning to do some test mission to the new version and some PvP tonight on the ArmA Series Server - thanks Tango. 

You can find the server via remote in the address 88.150.201.29 port: 2302 password: test

You can experiment it atm and I'll be there tonight so you can buy me a virtual beer and test the new version.

Cheers

Don't we need the new version in order to test it? (I'm not sure if I can come, I'm just asking xD)

Hi!

My mission Antistasi is not compatible with this mod.

Despite this I have some bug reports that end verifying the user has this mod installed and I spend time on it.

So I decided to make some automated check to endmission if this mod is detected.

Can someone give me a tip on a simple procedure to check if a client or server has the mod installed?

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

My mission Antistasi is not compatible with this mod.

Despite this I have some bug reports that end verifying the user has this mod installed and I spend time on it.

So I decided to make some automated check to endmission if this mod is detected.

Can someone give me a tip on a simple procedure to check if a client or server has the mod installed?

Thanks in advance!

Check this: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/isClass

and the example from Kronzky.

Today I started coding to finish a few things I can't seem to get out of my head regarding gaia. Strange enough I hold even some time for it. So if you have issues or great idea's concerning GAIA part of MCC, speak up. Or summerize usefull stuff that has been said in this thread somewhere :)

cheers!

FUCK YEAH! I've been longing for a GAIA update, can't wait to see the results! Kudos for taking the time to update the system.  :thumb:

I second what was already mentioned:

Great news spirit6 !!

From the top of my head:

- one bug I have sometimes and that I never managed to properly reproduce: a lot of different groups start patrolling the exact same spot (adding units to zeus and looking at their waypoints, all the waypoints are in the exact same place). may be the gaia thread in the script section of this forum has some info about script error that may lead to that result

- another one: at least one time, the waypoint created by Gaia was 150-200 m above the ground resulting in the inf group staying around but unable to "reach" the waypoint. may be it's possible to add some control to check the real altitude of the waypoint

In addition I've noticed another issue with GAIA:

- during longer sessions (2-4h) it can happen that especially in the last hour GAIA controlled units remain in "combat mode" (white map marker in MCC console) and will no longer receive any new waypoints, even if the players completely vacate the area. Similar to the first report above it is quite hard to reproduce, but it's more likely to happen the more players are online, the more AI was spawned via MCC and the longer the session goes.

Feature requests:

- I'd like to see GAIA use buildings, towns and woodland areas more effectively when planning their routes / engagements (I realise you've already addressed this in a post above, just mentioning it here for completion sake).

- Collaboration between GAIA infantry elements is currently more coincidental than deliberate. Meaning they do try to attack together and when forming the "spiral" WP attack pattern two elements will try to attack from two different sides, but beyond that the AI does not seem to cooperate much. Ideally I'd like to see the AI identifying it's assets and using them to suppress and attack in a coordinated fashion: i.e. if the AI has one MMG team and one rifle squad at its disposal, it should order the MMG team to hold position at a good engagement distance and open up on the players, while the rifle squad would be designated as the moving / flanking element trying to close the distance. With the current systems both infantry elements would move and assault in the spiral pattern simultaneously.

- GAIA vehicles currently try to get very close to the player which makes it a lot easier to duck in a ditch and blast them with unguided LAT launchers. If possible GAIA should babysit vehicles of medium and heavy classes to stay as far away from enemies as possible and engage at a distance. If an enemy vehicle is surprised in an ambush / close encounter it's first "instinct" / WP generation should be one of retreat (if possible while popping smokes) and not to stand & fight.

- General enhancements of logistic use would be very neat. Sometimes I see GAIA utilise a truck from one zone to pick up infantry and bring them somewhere else, but it's quite rare. I've never seen them do that with a transport helicopter. I'd love to see GAIA make full use of small and medium sized transport helicopters, actively picking up rifle squads and flying them at the rear or flanks of a player controlled platoon or even trying an extraction if losses were quite severe -> Zone 1 had seven elements garrison / patrol defensively. Players take out six elements, the seventh is requesting emergency EVAC via helo.

I know that GAIA is more of a macro rather than micro management AI system and most of these common AI behaviour issues are kinda hardcoded into Arma 3, so I'm not expecting any miracles.  ;) I'll be very happy with any new features / polishing of the existing GAIA, above's only a bit of brainstorming of "nice to haves".

• Like 1

Don't we need the new version in order to test it? (I'm not sure if I can come, I'm just asking xD)

Just enter Vanila without any mods it is a mission version

Shay,

I just jumped onto the server to check it out.  Played for about 15-20 minutes and the server crashed.  I was the only one on, spawned a couple CSAT units to shoot at, and took one objective.  Moved up to another, and server crashed.

Shay,

I just jumped onto the server to check it out.  Played for about 15-20 minutes and the server crashed.  I was the only one on, spawned a couple CSAT units to shoot at, and took one objective.  Moved up to another, and server crashed.

I took it down to update it. I'm there now

I took it down to update it. I'm there now

Is there a way to create zones, and add units to gaia|player 's control in editor?

Common, please, is it so difficult to answer?

People have a life outside of Arma and the internet. I hope you know that...

• Like 1

People have a life outside of Arma and the internet. I hope you know that...

Nothing against it, is the answer so long?

Nothing against it, is the answer so long?

Pushing for an answer 2 hours after you ask. Seriously? Immagine everybody would do that on this forum. 

Without pushing this to far, maybe try to be patient. I repeat myself: People have a life outside of Arma and the internet.

(And before you ask, no I don't have an answer to your question)

• Like 2

Is there a way to create zones, and add units to gaia|player 's control in editor?

Not that I've seen, at least not adding zones and giving units to GAIA. but you can change the GAIA settings and change a whole bunch of MCC settings in the editor.

But perhaps instead of getting impatient and rude, why don't you go into the editor yourself and take a look.

Yeah.

I use GAIA all the time in the editor, and the cool thing is that you can you can name the zones whatever you want. See GAIA mission template for all the info you need on how to set up GAIA in the editor.

In addtion, if you want to give a unit to a player, in the editor you need to put this in the init: (group this) setVariable ["MCC_canbecontrolled",true,true];

• Like 1

Thanks, but for perfection, which data behind isClass is valid? Never used this mod..

isClass (configFile >> "cfgVehicles" >> what?)

Thanks in advance,

Yeah.

I use GAIA all the time in the editor, and the cool thing is that you can you can name the zones whatever you want. See GAIA mission template for all the info you need on how to set up GAIA in the editor.

In addtion, if you want to give a unit to a player, in the editor you need to put this in the init: (group this) setVariable ["MCC_canbecontrolled",true,true];

Thank you, is there no way to get it working with mcc?

(don't want to loose ability to create zones and spawn units at random positions on play).

Thank you, is there no way to get it working with mcc?

(don't want to loose ability to create zones and spawn units at random positions on play).

You can set whatever zone you want prior to mission start - a zone is just a marker and you can name it whatever you like. Again a zone is just a marker. 

Then put this init on the group leader

group this setVariable ['GAIA_ZONE_INTEND',["zoneMarkerName","MOVE"], true];

Where "zoneMarkerName" is the name of the zone and "MOVE" is the behavior. 

The behavior can be any of the bellow:

"MOVE" - AI will patrol the zone and pursuit known enemies outside the zone.

"NOFOLLOW" - AI will patrol the zone but will not pursuit known enemies outside the zone

"FORTIFY" - AI will look for empty building and static weapons and dig inside

Now go an put this info on the Wiki for the next one who will ask the same questions - http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/

• Like 1