shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

???

Ive already told you Ctrl + delete will open mcc. If you want MCC in the action menu you can change its settings in MISSION SETTINGS.

If you want to white list who can log into MCC then i believe there is a module in the editor you can put down restricting who has access to MCC on mission start.

Ive already told you Ctrl + delete will open mcc. If you want MCC in the action menu you can change its settings in MISSION SETTINGS.

If you want to white list who can log into MCC then i believe there is a module in the editor you can put down restricting who has access to MCC on mission start.

Did you ?

Sorry what forgot about button.

But: action do not adding to new unit after " selectplayer " and the module do not working; as i said both times.

And can give me command to make unit's health 100% and stop bleeding (if bleeding are enabled)?

Sorry,just a bit slow. Just a Q:  Is it at all possible to just add a jet on a map,and using maybe High Command Converter+MCC,get MCC to add a pilot,thus adding a plane ,if set as recruitable? Just sync the ai?

The new update looks amazing! Could we get every item we place in Eden into the construction of F.O.B`s too? That would really make my day!

If we get some module/or are able to sync to something else that will sense if a particular class is present,putting it into a list of some sort,this may work..?

From Ilias 
Just wanted to say thanks for the GAIA, after last updates it's tactic began unprecedent cool and would like to ask does it reacting on enemy units, players inside zones if they are undetected by it's side?
And from me:

Is it possible to add custom script to "presets" ?

@t.a.6

GAIA reacts not only to enemy units but unknown targets as well. Let us say that blufor units spot a target, they will get a waypoint to go and search the area. If the target turns out to be an enemy, they will call in reinforcements to help take out the target.

If a player or unit is not spotted, then GAIA has no knowledge of that player of unit and will not react to it.

GAIA is really an awesome higher level AI.

@john1

Sorry,just a bit slow. Just a Q:  Is it at all possible to just add a jet on a map,and using maybe High Command Converter+MCC,get MCC to add a pilot,thus adding a plane ,if set as recruitable? Just sync the ai?

If you want the player to be able to control the plane, that wouldn't be too hard. Just place down a plane in Zeus (I guess you could put an empty plane down and put down a pilot unit and then have Zeus move the pilot into the plane, but why when you can have it) with the AI already in it. Then click the plane's icon in the MCC map and then press Give to Player. Now the AI will be able to be controlled by the Commander.

However, with that being said. You wouldn't be able to do much with that plane. AI and planes are iffy at best. If it is CAS you are looking for, it would be better to add the virtual CAS option from the CAS button in the MCC Mission Maker thing menu.

• Like 1

Did you ?

Sorry what forgot about button.

But: action do not adding to new unit after " selectplayer " and the module do not working; as i said both times.

And can give me command to make unit's health 100% and stop bleeding (if bleeding are enabled)?

I don't know much about the selectPlayer and what is transferred to the new player you can put this in the new player to get MCC accesss

mcc_actionInedx = player addaction ["<t color=""#99FF00"">--= MCC =--</t>", MCC_path + "mcc\dialogs\mcc_PopupMenu.sqf",[nil,nil,nil,nil,0], 0,false, false, "",_string];
player setVariable ["MCC_actionMCCMain",mcc_actionInedx];

Regarding bleeding I've already stated atm it bugged. If you want to disable bleeding you can use:

player setVariable ["MCC_medicBleeding",0,true]; 

I have no clue what you mean. 

From Ilias 

Just wanted to say thanks for the GAIA, after last updates it's tactic began unprecedent cool and would like to ask does it reacting on enemy units, players inside zones if they are undetected by it's side?

And from me:

Is it possible to add custom script to "presets" ?

You can add custom scripts by putting you own variables in your misison init. sqf ?(mccPresetsVehicle, mccPresetsUnits, mccPresetsObjects)

Look at the init file in here to learn how to do it:

https://github.com/shaygman/mcc_sandbox.Altis/blob/master/init.sqf

• Like 1

On a dedicated server i have missions that give admins Zeus through their UID, including myself. But now i wont be able to access MCC's Zeus even if i am logged on as the MCC mission maker, because i think vanilla Zeus supersedes MCC's Zeus. So now i will never have access to MCC's Zeus functions like being able to set name and init for a unit/object, or placing specific MCC modules such as armed civilan or suicidebomber/IED.

Is there a way to give those functions to regular zeus curators? (Expanded unit/object properties, ability to place all mcc modules)

Or at the least, If a Zeus Curator logs on as MCC mission maker, Give him/her the MCC Zeus instead of the regular one?

*CBA was running

Heres a video:

Have you actually downloaded Zeus interface?  Some mods put that in,but you need to download it (it does this automatically) .Just wait for it to download.

You probably have a mod conflict,do it without all other mods,exept CBA.

Have you actually downloaded Zeus interface?  Some mods put that in,but you need to download it (it does this automatically) .Just wait for it to download.

You probably have a mod conflict,do it without all other mods,exept CBA.

Pardon? Sorry dont understand what you mean by downloading Zeus interface.

Anyway i also did test it with just CBA and MCC. empty map, placed player unit, placed zeus game_master module with my UID, Same result. Its like it cant give me MCC's Zeus because I am already a Vanilla Zeus Curator.

@zafjr

My best guess is that you are placing the Zeus Module down and not changing the "All official addons" drop box to unofficial addons.

The Zeus modules are read from a hpp file, and thus they should be in Zeus unless you limit Zeus to only using certain mods, which by default it is set to only use vanilla.

Thank you,

Thank you, all what we needed.

And, i gues, bleeding is not actually brooked, just do not reacting on " setdamage '0' " and  respawn.

As i know curator modules are superseding the mcc's zeus, you can add init line to units by changing curator's settings with |" attributes " modules|  you can get mcc's zeus on client with own zeus by removing access rights to the curator module by using " unassign curator " and return it by " assign curator ".

Came few more questions  )
Will " Eden " be accessable in game from MCC ?
Maybe: like:
0_159842_9d32be3a_orig
Is it possible to restrict some area for parked, civilian's vehicles by triggers or markers? (using the module is not always comfortable (it's always circle)).
Why changing faction are taking more and more time according to time the mission on and number of units on map? Is it possible to preload some factions to switch between them immediately?

@zafjr

My best guess is that you are placing the Zeus Module down and not changing the "All official addons" drop box to unofficial addons.

The Zeus modules are read from a hpp file, and thus they should be in Zeus unless you limit Zeus to only using certain mods, which by default it is set to only use vanilla.

Nope. Set to all including unnofficial addons.

Today I started coding to finish a few things I can't seem to get out of my head regarding gaia. Strange enough I hold even some time for it. So if you have issues or great idea's concerning GAIA part of MCC, speak up. Or summerize usefull stuff that has been said in this thread somewhere :)

cheers!

• Like 2

Today I started coding to finish a few things I can't seem to get out of my head regarding gaia. Strange enough I hold even some time for it. So if you have issues or great idea's concerning GAIA part of MCC, speak up. Or summerize usefull stuff that has been said in this thread somewhere :)

cheers!

Great news spirit6 !!

From the top of my head:

- one bug I have sometimes and that I never managed to properly reproduce: a lot of different groups start patrolling the exact same spot (adding units to zeus and looking at their waypoints, all the waypoints are in the exact same place). may be the gaia thread in the script section of this forum has some info about script error that may lead to that result

- another one: at least one time, the waypoint created by Gaia was 150-200 m above the ground resulting in the inf group staying around but unable to "reach" the waypoint. may be it's possible to add some control to check the real altitude of the waypoint

Feature request:

- less predictability: when fighting Gaia a lot, you start to be able to predict how Gaia will be reacting, thus planning your course of action accordingly. the most predictable part is that the troops sent by Gaia will go to your current location. this makes it easy to plan a short move of your own troops to catch Gaia troups while on the move.

it would be great if Gaia could send groups around your detected location (what's the good radius ? not sure. 100 m may be ?  more ? depends on terrain type...). also, the 3:1 ratio should be a bit more random, to add some unpredictability

- air transport: I don't think Gaia is able to do that right now. even better: assume landing by default but add the abiity to paradrop or fast rope transported troops (make it configurable by some variable)

I'll add more if I'm think about something else. :) 

Great news spirit6 !!

From the top of my head:

- one bug I have sometimes and that I never managed to properly reproduce: a lot of different groups start patrolling the exact same spot (adding units to zeus and looking at their waypoints, all the waypoints are in the exact same place). may be the gaia thread in the script section of this forum has some info about script error that may lead to that result

- another one: at least one time, the waypoint created by Gaia was 150-200 m above the ground resulting in the inf group staying around but unable to "reach" the waypoint. may be it's possible to add some control to check the real altitude of the waypoint

Feature request:

- less predictability: when fighting Gaia a lot, you start to be able to predict how Gaia will be reacting, thus planning your course of action accordingly. the most predictable part is that the troops sent by Gaia will go to your current location. this makes it easy to plan a short move of your own troops to catch Gaia troups while on the move.

it would be great if Gaia could send groups around your detected location (what's the good radius ? not sure. 100 m may be ?  more ? depends on terrain type...). also, the 3:1 ratio should be a bit more random, to add some unpredictability

- air transport: I don't think Gaia is able to do that right now. even better: assume landing by default but add the abiity to paradrop or fast rope transported troops (make it configurable by some variable)

I'll add more if I'm think about something else. :)

Thanks!

I recognize the preddictablity. GAIA does however not send troops to your current location. It takes assumed location of all targets, devides them into conflict area's and then send troops to the conflict areas. However, if you are the only enemy group out there then I gues it could easily seem that way. I already changed the code for target recognistion so that it is prone to more error (it already was but i gues not enought).

The first thing I am workin on is something that was planned from the beginning already.

At the moment GAIA recognizes the units she holds (tank, vehicle with gun, transport vehicle, infantry etc etc). That is all just sweet and congo but the gaia attack system is based on points only. That is not enough. If you know the type of unit you control it would be very unwise not to take terrain knowledge into calculation.

So i started scanning the conflict area's and devided them into urban, forest, open and hills.

So now GAIA knows the following about a conflict areas (example going here):

- Conflict Terrain is Urban

- 200 points in the area

- Types present : tank, infantry, gunned vehicle

Knowing this you know a few things.

You need AT capablity, infantry effective + vehicle effective units that are fitted for the Urban Area.

To sumerize: So I am creating a response table for GAIA to check if an attack is "smart". After taking that check it can decide other choises that I describe as battle plans. One of them is surrounding the Conflict Area. Another is to Ignore the Conflict area. And so on.

A very wild idea battle plan is to "lock" the area by placing ambush groups on every road leading out of the confflict area.

Hope it makes sense :)

• Like 4

Hope it makes sense :)

Yes it does ! I really like the "lock area" feature !

Even if you can't support every mod, it would be great if Gaia could support CUP (ie know what kind of CUP units is an AT, a chopper, a non combat air transport..etc) as this is the mod that have the most content. A RHS support would be great but, IMHO, less important in term of priority.

Some kind of customizable array for other mods would be perfect, so that any mission maker can tell Gaia how to behave with less popular mods.

Another feature request: give Gaia different "personnalities"

Varying Gaia reaction based on some kind of Gaia personnality trait, like reckless (more troops going straight to the objectives), cautious (less speed), sneaky (more flanking, more "locking area"), guerilla style ( more hit and run - should be possible in 1.56 with the new AI command allowing them to move fast even while in combat mode to break contact)...etc

On this subject, you can read the Hetman documentation and the Alive asymetric warfare wiki. Not sure it's a good idea for you (it may "block" your creative process based on what you're reading).

Anyway, thx for working on Gaia !!

• Like 1

Great, you work on GAIA again! This is fantastic...

Predictability has already been mentioned. I like the above idea of "personalities".

I wish for either a standalone mod or some even better GAIA support in MCC UI (maybe presets), e.g. auto creation of some user defined GAIA units in some player range without having to define a zone.

spirit6, on 13 Feb 2016 - 17:24, said:

" Do cas ", " do mortar " on player's requests (mcc's self interaction).

cheers!

Great great great news! :)

Thank you Spirit6.

I'll try to think what I'd like to see improved for GAIA and I'll report you.

Meanwhile..thank you very much

cheers!

:627:  :627:

Edit: @spirit - in the Gaia Module can you include 1000 and 500 Cache Distance like as in the MCC Mission Settings - thanks

:627:  :627:

Edit: @spirit - in the Gaia Module can you include 1000 and 500 Cache Distance like as in the MCC Mission Settings - thanks

Ofcourse.

So far I updated the following:

• Infantry will actively search buildings in their patrol area.
  • Infantry on attack orders will go in the buildings to attack you, if they think you are in it.
  • More error prone target detecting system for GAIA. Testing it, it seems more smooth with AI something searching the wrong area and taking longer to communicate.

And now up to the battleplans.

• Like 5

Always wanted to ask and forgot, is it possible to create mcc's zones in editor (and maybe add units inside the zones to gaia)?

The boys are back in town  :rolleyes:

Thanks Spirit for returning to MCC and his wonderfull GAIA  :619: