shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

When you placing the ambush group you should click and drag to the place you want the group to move to. Then link the ambush to an IED once the IED detonated they will move to where you dragged the mouse before.

Thanks, I've done so but the units still seem unresponsive. Could this be caused by ACE or CUP?

Thanks, I've done so but the units still seem unresponsive. Could this be caused by ACE or CUP?

I doubt ACE or CUP can effect the AI behavior on this. Did the ambush group didn't move at all? did they just stay prone? Are you sure you got them synced as you can see a line connecting them and once the IED marker is gone the ambush marker is gone too?

I doubt ACE or CUP can effect the AI behavior on this. Did the ambush group didn't move at all? did they just stay prone? Are you sure you got them synced as you can see a line connecting them and once the IED marker is gone the ambush marker is gone too?

Yes, I tried a few times linking them in different ways. I also tried copying the lines of script from the single unit to other units on the same side but they just stay prone and vehicles just stay in one place after the bomb explodes.

Yes, I tried a few times linking them in different ways. I also tried copying the lines of script from the single unit to other units on the same side but they just stay prone and vehicles just stay in one place after the bomb explodes.

Wait a second are you trying to do it in the 2d editor?

Wait a second are you trying to do it in the 2d editor?

Nope, I did this all in MCC and Zeus. I was trying to remake my 2D editor map with MCC, its surprisingly harder than I expected it to be.

Hi, thank you for the mod, we using it and got a few questions:
How to give access to it to new unit after "selectplayer" and the "access rights" module do not working (i guies same command will solute both the points),
and units under " ["handledamage",{0}]; " are going unconscious after 1 kill shots, how to avoid that?
Thanks in advance.

Shay_Gman, It seems the glitch has cleared up after I restarted my computer. However Convoys do not seem to spawn in.

MCC once was really cool and I hoped for more development of missiongeneration.

But since it spams in hundreds of items (feeled) and added whatsoever features, I use my own missiongenerationscripts.

For the reason, those unwanted features can not be removed by deleting a .pbo (because it is all in a single .pbo) I do not like this anylonger.

I don't care for features I do not use, but I regret to say it, because so much work Shay is putting into this... but I have to say, ermmmmm.... I am also way more interested in more dynamic/mission/ai generation/ai behaviour things and not in roleplay items. I understand of course there is a market for this. Don't get me wrong, I accept people enjoying it, it's just not my cup of tea. I mean, a real highlight for me is/was GAIA.

Has Spirit retired? ;D

I was thinking if maybe your mod could serve as an UI for third party battlefield generation as e.g. in tpw_skirmish, DAC etc. Currently I'm doing it myself (function call from inside an own mod like: "skirmish_high_inf = {hint "Battlefield spawned"; 0 = [] execvm "\@tpw_mods\scripts\tpw_core.sqf"; 0 = [15,0,0,0,400,2000,0,1,1,20,"str1","str2","str3","str4"] execvm "\@tpw_mods\scripts\tpw_skirmish.sqf"};)but it is pretty static.

DAC seems to be a holy grail but command line is difficult, I'm wishing for a UI :)

EDIT: Do you guys also get cba_a3 keybind errors with MCC, on dev branch?

I just want to clarify:

I'm only working on stuff that I like and/or I find as a challenging enough - that is the idea of a hobby.

I think we are going out of our way (I wish other mod makers will follow) in not forcing our ideas and leaving every new feature in MCC as optional and by default off, we also try to work out with other popular mods but If you don't like it - don't download it !!!

Hence above, all the new features where asked from people using MCC so instead of ranting you can give ideas to what you would love to see i future releases and maybe if will find it suitable and challenging enough we might work on it. 

I don't care for features I do not use, but I regret to say it, because so much work Shay is putting into this... but I have to say, ermmmmm.... I am also way more interested in more dynamic/mission/ai generation/ai behaviour things and not in roleplay items. I understand of course there is a market for this. Don't get me wrong, I accept people enjoying it, it's just not my cup of tea. I mean, a real highlight for me is/was GAIA.

Has Spirit retired? ;D

I was thinking if maybe your mod could serve as an UI for third party battlefield generation as e.g. in tpw_skirmish, DAC etc. Currently I'm doing it myself (function call from inside an own mod like: "skirmish_high_inf = {hint "Battlefield spawned"; 0 = [] execvm "\@tpw_mods\scripts\tpw_core.sqf"; 0 = [15,0,0,0,400,2000,0,1,1,20,"str1","str2","str3","str4"] execvm "\@tpw_mods\scripts\tpw_skirmish.sqf"};)but it is pretty static.

DAC seems to be a holy grail but command line is difficult, I'm wishing for a UI :)

EDIT: Do you guys also get cba_a3 keybind errors with MCC, on dev branch?

Regarding battlefield generation you can:

1. press the "Ambient Warzone(off)" button in the main MCC interface it will spawn ambient units around the player depends on the available factions on the battlefield. 

2. Enabling the Campaign module that will spawn ambient units depends on the players performance in missions and will generate procedural missions - best combine with RTS so that the players can build and expend their base. 

3. Enable the ambient civilians mod but putting enemy faction will spawn enemy units and vehicles in towns around the players. 

4. Making some zones and spawning units with 9999 respawn value in GAIA will keep the units/group respawning. (Best combine with Cache).

5. Mix of the above. 

• Like 2

Hi guys. First of all thanks for this mod, looks awesome.

I'm pretty new to Arma 3, so please, forgive my ignorance.

I have a problem with getting MCC mod to run. I used Play withSIX to install it. I am running only CBA and MCC, both updated to latest version (they are also present in Main menu > Expansions). However, I can't seem to access mission editor from the action menu. I'm trying to run it in editor, for coop playing on LAN. I did not place any Access modules whatsoever. Only enabled mentioned mods and that's it. Any way to get this to work?

Thanks in advance.

I have a problem with getting MCC mod to run. I used Play withSIX to install it. I am running only CBA and MCC, both updated to latest version (they are also present in Main menu > Expansions). However, I can't seem to access mission editor from the action menu. I'm trying to run it in editor, for coop playing on LAN. I did not place any Access modules whatsoever. Only enabled mentioned mods and that's it. Any way to get this to work?

Thanks in advance.

i had same issue - try to start without cba

Thanks in advance.

Personally I don't like MCC being in the action menu, so if you are running any of my Tactical Missions from either the workshop or armaholic it is disabled by default

CTRL+Delete will open the MCC interface for you to logto.

Announcement

In the past I was part of the Project Reality for ArmA 3 team. If you lived on the moon in the last 10 years Project Reality or PR in short was a realistic PvP mod for Battlefield 2 and today Squad is his spiritual successor. 

In the last few weeks I was working on getting all the pieces and bites that we did then and I did since then and combined them to be supported in MCC. A majority of the upcoming update is related to that (hence the new UI).

I have some AAS mission template that is working and I would love to have some of you guys (and anyone you can get) help us test the new features and the template. 

We will need a server. So if there is anyone around here that is willing to get his clan/community to it and help out it would be great. 

Please contact me here or in Steam (shaygman) if you in. 

See you on the battlefield. 

• Like 2

Not sure if it's known yet, but if you run a scenario with briefing screen, any units that are supposed to play an animation (codes like "[this, "STAND"] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim;" and "0 = this spawn {waitUntil {time > 0}; _this switchMove "KIA_passenger_injured_medevac_truck01"}") from the beginning of the mission, 90% of the time simply don't play it at all. Instead, the units are stuck in the default 'pointing the gun forwards' stance. Note that the animations will play if the scenario doesn't launch with the briefing screen at the start.

Also, ORBAT markers seem to load a lot slower on the briefing screen.

Can anyone else confirm?

@Shay - thanks for the coming update looks amazing. Our server is at your disposal which can be used by you or trusted others. I will make you or someone else admin so that you have full excess. The serve is completely empty, no mods/keys whatsoever, it's a 30 slots server. I don't have much time the coming weeks for testing but of course I will make the server ready for testing - let me know pls - anyone else who wants to tests Shay's baby ?? the server is yours

Best Spoor

@Shay - thanks for the coming update looks amazing. Our server is at your disposal which can be used by you or trusted others. I will make you or someone else admin so that you have full excess. The serve is completely empty, no mods/keys whatsoever, it's a 30 slots server. I don't have much time the coming weeks for testing but of course I will make the server ready for testing - let me know pls - anyone else who wants to tests Shay's baby ?? the server is yours

Best Spoor

Oh that will be great. ATM it is a mission so no need for mods exc. 

@Spoor - You can host a MCC online convention. MCC Con 2016

hello
Someone please upload mcc_sandbox r6 or r7 MP/SP Mod version, I dont need latest version.
I can not find and download r6 or r7 version anywhere.

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be too much trouble, if someone could link me to a tutorial for how to use the mission generator aspect of MCC? I have an ALiVE mission I'd like to spice up a bit and find their built in mission generator a little buggy.

The link in the OP takes me to a YouTube channel but not directly to any kind of tutorial. Is there a video tutorial which focuses specifically on the mission generating portion of MCC that anyone thinks I'd find useful for what I'm trying to accomplish?

I basically just want some tasks on the map that I can make my way towards and try to accomplish while doing basic ALiVE insurgency patrol simultaneously. Ideally tasks that use the same OPFOR I'm fighting against during the main mission objective.

Announcement

Looks nice, but we are using MCC's zones, spawning, mission generating abilities and it already taking 50% of FPS from server, so i hope: it will not have any impact on performance it turned off, and all the side will still be optional (like the compass).

And shay please answer on my question, which i already twice sended, we waiting for your answer, can't launch 2 scripts without the questions soluted.

I have always enjoyed your work, your Mod never fails to impress me,  and for your new interface coming up,  looks outstanding !!!

Cant wait to give it a try,  keep up the great work :)

Looks nice, but we are using MCC's zones, spawning, mission generating abilities and it already taking 50% of FPS from server, so i hope: it will not have any impact on performance it turned off, and all the side will still be optional (like the compass).

And shay please answer on my question, which i already twice sended, we waiting for your answer, can't launch 2 scripts without the questions soluted.

Regarding FPS - yeah the more function of MCC you use the heavier it will be on clients and server - but following this logic no one should build a car that can drive over 120 KPH :) 

It is up for the users to decide what features they want and what they don't depend on their game style and rig. All of the new features are optional and in this update most of them are client side. 

Regarding your question:

I didn't understand the "selectPlayer" thing... please explain in detail. 

Regarding MCC medical system it is broken since the new protection gear update by BI - I fixed it and I'll release it in the upcoming update. 

After using " selectplayer " command the new unit do not have `MCC in action menu`, how to add it? (and would like to get code to |log out| current mission maker) (And at mission start only |player-server| have the action, uncontacted to "access rights" module).

Copy, (when the update ~can come out? (do not stressing, just if can tell)).

Is there a way to add a jet,helo in Zeus,and drag-n-drop some module and make any item put with Zeus a CAS?  Would be very neat....

Some sort of trailer to be attached to a Range Rover or such,so that we could use it to move base materials?

Just my 2 cent,tnx