shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

I've tried using google, and I'm sure this question has been asked before, is there any way to create a respawn point on a community created mission that does not have one?

There is a module in the 2D editor under MCC called start location. Just put it where you want it. You can have one serve as HQ and others as FOBs exc. 

Or just use Zeus respawn points

• Like 1

Nice looking update with the new GUI etc.

However, I would assume you are making the compass an optional thing correct? Most realism groups would consider that a sort of cheat.

• Like 1

Nice looking update with the new GUI etc.

However, I would assume you are making the compass an optional thing correct? Most realism groups would consider that a sort of cheat.

As a veteran in this thread you already know that all the functions in MCC are optional and are off by default and if they aren't off by default it is a bug :)

• Like 1

Bravo!

"- Fixed: Mission Wizard save hostage mission can be ended on respawn_west/east/gurilla marker. "

Fantastic! Will this also work with Assassinate HVT's that you choose to capture instead?

But will INDEPENDENT still ignore you forever till you die even after drawing your weapon and shooting them, when using the undercover module? :(

• Like 1

Yeah having no boxgen anymore and not being able to edit cargo has rendered this useless to me. the dev version seems mission only no addon version i updated and no idea how to do so. Pretty well puts arma on hold until this is working again :(

Thanks for the good work though impressed by the progress this has made since i last played a year or so ago. Can wait a bit longer I guess.

Bravo!

"- Fixed: Mission Wizard save hostage mission can be ended on respawn_west/east/gurilla marker. "

Fantastic! Will this also work with Assassinate HVT's that you choose to capture instead?

But will INDEPENDENT still ignore you forever till you die even after drawing your weapon and shooting them, when using the undercover module? :(

Looking forward to having the Captured/Saved HVT's mission complete on Vanilla respawn markers will be awesome.  Just getting into MCC and a unit mate likes to spawn an FOB from MCC to complete those missions, but it kills my pre-set respawn area.

When I hit "PREVIEW" in the editor, it loads the game, then stops and loads all over again. MCC makes the editor take FOREVER to load. Is there a fix for that anywhere?

It's coming from the bis_fnc_sortBy used by GAIA. It's a major error as it clot the rpt file. I found the cause and fixed it and it is already fixed for the next release. Unfortunately I don't think I will find the time to do proper testing until next weekend. But it fixed so just take it easy or use the dev version from GIT

Awesome. Thanks! You're the man!

@Shay - shay will it be possible to have a mobile spawn-point. What I mean is to use a vehicle as spawn-point for infantry troops which vehicle can be moved during the mission - please to hear - thanks

@harveydent

Doesn't happen on my end.

Could it be because of a packed mod folder? To be fair, I have a good amount of junk in there lol

@harveydent

Before you report anything, remove all mods and just launch vanilla MCC and arma. If the issue goes away, then you know it wasn't MCC.

The MCC modules undercover agents, Armed civilian (my favourite) and ied suicide bomber only work when you are using MCC's zeus. If you are zeus any other way it says no unit selected when trying to place the module. Is there a way to make it so other full zeus game masters also have access to these modules?

If not, there is also this problem: Some players are Zeus game masters through their "UID" so they are zeus no matter what. This however, ensures that they will never be able to use the above mentioned mcc modules, even when they log in as mcc mission maker,

In editor i cant use mcc curator things... same sometimes on server... if i place the object it say "no object selected" - IED and DamagePart tested...

In editor testing the variable is everytime nil, this seams to not work:

MCC_curator addEventHandler ["CuratorObjectPlaced", {if (local (_this select 1)) then {missionNamespace setVariable ["MCC_curatorMouseOver",curatorMouseOver]}}];

Why not use:
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/curatorSelected

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/curatorMouseOver

I have 3 Zeus... 1 Admin Zeus and 2 standalone zeus....

I go to an IED an press ACE action key... now i see action -> defuse... i do that an a processbar appears and my character do something... after that the IED is allready activ and i die if i ran around... use my ACE defusekit and MCC defusekit...
Also an disabling IED make damage but with ACE you see do damage at the medical system but you cat walk (arma damage but no ace damage)

Is anyone else having a lot of issues with the CAS option? A lot of aircraft I call will not engage anything-vanilla and mod heli's and jets.most planes will drop bombs, but the Blackfoot/Comanche will only do rocket runs-no guns or missiles. No Apaches from any pack will engage infantry or vehicles,but they were using rockets,guns and Hellfires up until a couple of weeks ago. I don't think anything has changed since. I have tested with just MCC and CBA running. Any advice/solution would be very much appreciated.

P.S This is in SinglePlayer 

How does one take a mission made in 2D and save it in MCC? Its really easy to load missions made in MCC on a clan server so I would like to be able to do so because otherwise I would need to send the files to the guys who own the server hardware/subscription and have them put it in somewhere. 

I tried using Zeus MCC functions to add all the units on the map into zeus and then save the result but it does not seem to work, when I loaded it only the civilians are saved and I'm not sure if the triggers and initialization scripts I added are still working. None of the enemy or independent units I placed down spawn in though.

@Shay - shay will it be possible to have a mobile spawn-point. What I mean is to use a vehicle as spawn-point for infantry troops which vehicle can be moved during the mission - please to hear - thanks

Well yeah. 

The MCC modules undercover agents, Armed civilian (my favourite) and ied suicide bomber only work when you are using MCC's zeus. If you are zeus any other way it says no unit selected when trying to place the module. Is there a way to make it so other full zeus game masters also have access to these modules?

If not, there is also this problem: Some players are Zeus game masters through their "UID" so they are zeus no matter what. This however, ensures that they will never be able to use the above mentioned mcc modules, even when they log in as mcc mission maker,

In editor i cant use mcc curator things... same sometimes on server... if i place the object it say "no object selected" - IED and DamagePart tested...

In editor testing the variable is everytime nil, this seams to not work:

MCC_curator addEventHandler ["CuratorObjectPlaced", {if (local (_this select 1)) then {missionNamespace setVariable ["MCC_curatorMouseOver",curatorMouseOver]}}];

Why not use:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/curatorSelected

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/curatorMouseOver

I have 3 Zeus... 1 Admin Zeus and 2 standalone zeus....

I took a look last night for some reason the curatorSelected, curatorMouseOver returns nill when selecting custom modules.What I've found is that the MCC module doesn't work well ion dedicated server if CBA isn't running and only god know why.....  for example: everything is working fine on local host, switching to dedicated server without CBA I don't even have the Zeus MCC modules  :(  don't really know what to say. 

I go to an IED an press ACE action key... now i see action -> defuse... i do that an a processbar appears and my character do something... after that the IED is allready activ and i die if i ran around... use my ACE defusekit and MCC defusekit...

Also an disabling IED make damage but with ACE you see do damage at the medical system but you cat walk (arma damage but no ace damage)

I'll check it out. 

Is anyone else having a lot of issues with the CAS option? A lot of aircraft I call will not engage anything-vanilla and mod heli's and jets.most planes will drop bombs, but the Blackfoot/Comanche will only do rocket runs-no guns or missiles. No Apaches from any pack will engage infantry or vehicles,but they were using rockets,guns and Hellfires up until a couple of weeks ago. I don't think anything has changed since. I have tested with just MCC and CBA running. Any advice/solution would be very much appreciated.

P.S This is in SinglePlayer 

Define CAS - there are like 10 types of CAS. 

How does one take a mission made in 2D and save it in MCC? Its really easy to load missions made in MCC on a clan server so I would like to be able to do so because otherwise I would need to send the files to the guys who own the server hardware/subscription and have them put it in somewhere. 

I tried using Zeus MCC functions to add all the units on the map into zeus and then save the result but it does not seem to work, when I loaded it only the civilians are saved and I'm not sure if the triggers and initialization scripts I added are still working. None of the enemy or independent units I placed down spawn in though.

Just make the missions in MCC and not in 2d and then export to MCC. 

Well yeah. 

I took a look last night for some reason the curatorSelected, curatorMouseOver returns nill when selecting custom modules.What I've found is that the MCC module doesn't work well ion dedicated server if CBA isn't running and only god know why.....  for example: everything is working fine on local host, switching to dedicated server without CBA I don't even have the Zeus MCC modules  :(  don't really know what to say. 

I'll check it out. 

Define CAS - there are like 10 types of CAS. 

Define CAS- Gun Run Long and short-nothing except the Wipeout will do a gun run for me. The hellfire issue was my fault-I did not select anti tank run. I usually just used S+D ,but AT run is fine for vehicles. So it's just the gun runs really-nothing will do them except the Wipeout. It's not really an issue-just curious if anyone else experienced it.

Hi, thank you for the mod, we using it and got a few questions:
How to give access to it to new unit after "selectplayer" and the "access rights" module do not working (i guies same command will solute both the points),
and units under " ["handledamage",{0}]; " are going unconscious after 1 kill shots, how to avoid that?
Thanks in advance.

Question about IEDs, I've been trying to use the Ambush function but it doesnt seem to be working because linked ambush units arent moving to attack once the IED is triggered. Thus I am trying to link a trigger to the IEDs and units so that they will be triggered when Blufor enters the area instead of using the normal method. How do I do that exactly?

MCC once was really cool and I hoped for more development of missiongeneration.

But since it spams in hundreds of items (feeled) and added whatsoever features, I use my own missiongenerationscripts.

For the reason, those unwanted features can not be removed by deleting a .pbo (because it is all in a single .pbo) I do not like this anylonger.

Pff, okay, after taking a deep breath,

Any reason why survival items are broken on some maps? What could be breaking it?

Edited by davidos

Question about IEDs, I've been trying to use the Ambush function but it doesnt seem to be working because linked ambush units arent moving to attack once the IED is triggered. Thus I am trying to link a trigger to the IEDs and units so that they will be triggered when Blufor enters the area instead of using the normal method. How do I do that exactly?

When you placing the ambush group you should click and drag to the place you want the group to move to. Then link the ambush to an IED once the IED detonated they will move to where you dragged the mouse before.

MCC once was really cool and I hoped for more development of missiongeneration.

But since it spams in hundreds of items (feeled) and added whatsoever features, I use my own missiongenerationscripts.

For the reason, those unwanted features can not be removed by deleting a .pbo (because it is all in a single .pbo) I do not like this anylonger.

I'm happy that I inspired you learning how to script.

Looking at your mod list it looks like you loved the new MCC features so much that you decided to rewrite some and releasing them as your mods. 

Pff, okay, after taking a deep breath,

Any reason why survival items are broken on some maps? What could be breaking it?

I don't know what broken means, you should try better explaining what is wrong.