shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

I searched around but found no answer, I was wondering if anyone knew why my MCC mission generator covers my MCC zone with a dark square like in my picture? I can't see any of the details or buildings in the zone unless I squint really hard

I have the same problem as this guy. Dark squares on generated mission objectives. I've been using the newest version r18. I've tried completely deleting the MCC folder, and re-downloading it. I don't use the Six launcher, just the vanilla Arma 3 one. This happens even when MCC is the only mod loaded. The squares go away if I use MCC to change the time or weather after the mission is generated, but they are always there unless I do. Is this a bug, or how can I fix it?

mWa6Szf.jpg

Hey Shay! Im using MCC Medical system and it's awesome!

In other note, i'm disabling MCC Logistics but i still can create a FOB from the interaction menu. I can't construct it but i still can place the area. I'm sorry for my english.

Thanks, I'll disable the forward emplacement placing in the next update.

Hello))) Have some trouble today with MCC and ACE and Battleeye....

Look here:

battleye block all ACE .dll files and MCC interface in editor dont start.......And editor in Arma not preview)))) (at before).... what is it the problem?

It is the new ArmA security system - should be fixed in the next update or just disable BE.

Not sure if this has been brought up, and I just plumb am not going to wade through 215 pages of stuff to look for it lol......sorry!!

Is there a way to get the mod to log whomever is in control out of MCC when they leave a server or get kicked from server? Time and time again my squadmates forget to log out before they leave our server, and a few times the "controller" has been kicked, and it locks MCC control out. 

MCC should kick the mission maker if he disconnected. And in any case server admin can always take control over MCC. Are you using the latest mod version?

I have the same problem as this guy. Dark squares on generated mission objectives. I've been using the newest version r18. I've tried completely deleting the MCC folder, and re-downloading it. I don't use the Six launcher, just the vanilla Arma 3 one. This happens even when MCC is the only mod loaded. The squares go away if I use MCC to change the time or weather after the mission is generated, but they are always there unless I do. Is this a bug, or how can I fix it?

It is strange as it seems the squares are on the map and not  in MCC interface - which means it is a really old version of MCC. Are you using the mission version or the mod version? where did you get it from?

It is strange as it seems the squares are on the map and not  in MCC interface - which means it is a really old version of MCC. Are you using the mission version or the mod version? where did you get it from?

Yeah it's on the map., even if I'm not the one who is logged into MCC to generate the mission. And also it's strange that changing the weather or time afterwards makes the squares disappear. The squares didn't appear for me until I updated to r18. I use the mod version from armaholic, but I've also tried the mod version from Dropbox on the first post.

Hi everyone.

After a hour playing, my interaction menu is suddenly not available... I checked my key bind, all seems ok, but when ingame, I can't access to the squad dialg, nor the interaction/self interaction. In fact, all the MCC key binds are broken, even if I change them...

Any idea?

PS : I used the 3D (alt+Right clic) editor during ~ 15 minutes before having this bug... 

Thank you!

Heya shay. what marker does the rescue/capture mission need? I tried bringing the ai to the start location and it doesnt complete. Can you make it so it allows completing those missions by bringing them to respawn_west? so that its compatible with other missions that dont have mcc start locations. Or maybe i can add an "mcc start location marker" to my mission without actually using it as a respawn point, just so the mission will recognize it as a place to bring HVT. I think i remember you posting that you'll consider it.

So I am somewhat new to mission building and MCC.  I am making a mission template for my unit, and would like to have 2 Zeus/MCC slots available for game-masters.
I can get them both to have Zeus access, but neither has access to MCC even though I have the MCC access module placed and synchronized with the playable slots.

When trying to run the mission I can only access MCC from the admin login or Zeus MCC functions.

Any help getting these slots to have access to MCC from the start would be appreciated.

Since we're talking about the dark squares, I have tried to make missions in MCC and export them to SQM. When you paste and save the mission then load it in the Editor all the Zones are made visible in game. Anyone know how to make these zones invisible as if I made the mission off MCC? 

So I am somewhat new to mission building and MCC.  I am making a mission template for my unit, and would like to have 2 Zeus/MCC slots available for game-masters.

I can get them both to have Zeus access, but neither has access to MCC even though I have the MCC access module placed and synchronized with the playable slots.

When trying to run the mission I can only access MCC from the admin login or Zeus MCC functions.

Any help getting these slots to have access to MCC from the start would be appreciated.

You can only have one person logged into MCC at a time.

If you're looking for MCC/Zeus templates check out my Tactical map pack: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/179749-tactical-map-pack-the-ultimate-zeus-mcc-template-missions-rhs-version-11/

it has room for 2 full time Zeus's and 1 full time Zeus / MCC players and features a bunch of setting for Task Force Radio, ACRE and ACE 3 if you use those mods. Along with loads of custom settings to streamline your missions.

I'm aware that only one person may be logged in to MCC at a time.

I would like to have 2 slots capable of either Zeus or MCC so they can alternate duties of if someone swaps out.

The main issue is that I can't get either of those slots to have access to MCC, even though both have Zeus, and are synced to MCC access modules.

Do I need to put down a single MCC module and sync both of the slots to it, or should I drop an MCC access module for each slot to sync to?

I already have most of your MCC template maps. Just trying to learn mission building and make something a little different for my unit.

Hi,

I recently tried to enable script debug in ArmA to understand where my FPS losses were coming from when hosting a MP game.

I launched a campaign and played for 2 hours straight without any problem, but then this happened (and repeated itself in an infinite loop):

23:26:29 File mcc_sandbox_mod\gaia\functions\control\fn_getDistanceToClosestZone.sqf, line 29
23:26:29 Error in expression < then
{
_initValue = 1e9;
_sortCode  = {_x < _selectedValue};
}
else
{
_initValu>
23:26:29   Error position: <_x < _selectedValue};
}
else
{
_initValu>
23:26:29   Error Undefined variable in expression: _x
23:26:29 File A3\functions_f\Arrays\fn_sortBy.sqf, line 106
23:26:29 Error in expression <

_sortedArray set [count _sortedArray,_selectedItem];
_sortedValues set [count>
23:26:29   Error position: <_selectedItem];
23:26:29   Error Undefined variable in expression: _selecteditem
23:26:29 File A3\functions_f\Arrays\fn_sortBy.sqf, line 131
{
_initValue = 1e9;
}
else
{
_initValu>
23:26:29   Error position: <_x < _selectedValue};
}
else
{
_initValu>
23:26:29   Error Undefined variable in expression: _x
23:26:29 File A3\functions_f\Arrays\fn_sortBy.sqf, line 106
23:26:29 Error in expression <

_sortedArray set [count _sortedArray,_selectedItem];
23:26:29   Error position: <_selectedItem];
23:26:29   Error Undefined variable in expression: _selecteditem
23:26:29 File A3\functions_f\Arrays\fn_sortBy.sqf, line 131
{
_initValue = 1e9;
}
else
{
_initValu>

This was correlated with huge FPS losses on both the server and the clients.

Any idea where this might be coming from?

Thank you!

Hey shay, sorry for bothering you again. AI Medics can't heal players using MCC Medical system.

A quick pick to the new update and what it will bring. Post your mind here as your feed backs are very important. 

Planned Change log:

Change log r19:
- Added: UI Module: Handles 3d camera for vehicles, in game compass and teammates overlay, Name tags and more. New WIKI page -- http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/MeidcalSystem
- Fixed: Pressing the delete button while opening MCC delete the last selected group/unit. 
- Fixed: Fast rope didn't worked well on MP. 
- Fixed: Losing Zeus after re-spawn.
- Fiexd: Zeus editing unit/object didn't work after update. 
- Fixed: ILS module error when no rings selected
- Fixed: Restricted ambient civilians module didn't work on dedicated
- Fixed: Logistic dialogs for helicopters won't show crates that the helicopter can't sling-load. 
- Fixed: Convoy not working. 
- Fixed: Convoy spawn too many cargo units.  
- Fixed: Mini game IED can be disarmed again even after disarming
- Fixed: RPT errors regarding ; at the end of file
- Fixed: Stuck when enabling Survival mod from module. 
- Fixed: MCC_make_array_group error on server.

Hey shay, sorry for bothering you again. AI Medics can't heal players using MCC Medical system.

Using the non-complex system AI units will heal others - it just like the normal heal but they won't inject api.

The GUI for role selection and squad selection is really well done.

Amazing as always. Interaction ui looks awesome now!

Are you guys planning on more GAIA improvements for r19 or r20? WP generation, reaction to contact, communication between AI elements, reinforcement requests from other zones etc.

These features all work quite well atm but it would be awesome to see them a bit more refined and / or expanded in future versions as GAIA has remained rather unchanged for some versions.

Shay, do you mind looking through this partial RPT and telling me what is causing a massive recurring error on my server?
It doesn't appear to be crashing the server, but it is creating a HUGE RPT.    I checked my server log this morning and had a 5 GB error log filled with repeating errors.

I downloaded the first 400-500 MB and it shows just a continuing set of error reports.
All mods are the most current builds that have been released.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzhle9rxdbpg687/arma3server_2016-01-14_02-00-06.rpt?dl=0

Thanks!

Shay, do you mind looking through this partial RPT and telling me what is causing a massive recurring error on my server?

It doesn't appear to be crashing the server, but it is creating a HUGE RPT.    I checked my server log this morning and had a 5 GB error log filled with repeating errors.

I downloaded the first 400-500 MB and it shows just a continuing set of error reports.

All mods are the most current builds that have been released.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzhle9rxdbpg687/arma3server_2016-01-14_02-00-06.rpt?dl=0

Thanks!

It's coming from the bis_fnc_sortBy used by GAIA. It's a major error as it clot the rpt file. I found the cause and fixed it and it is already fixed for the next release. Unfortunately I don't think I will find the time to do proper testing until next weekend. But it fixed so just take it easy or use the dev version from GIT

• Like 1

It's coming from the bis_fnc_sortBy used by GAIA. It's a major error as it clot the rpt file. I found the cause and fixed it and it is already fixed for the next release. Unfortunately I don't think I will find the time to do proper testing until next weekend. But it fixed so just take it easy or use the dev version from GIT

Awesome work!  Can't wait for the full release.  I'll probably just turn off logging right now while I wait for the next iteration.

I may try to load that Dev release and see how it's going.

Thanks.

Edit: Just because I'm ignorant, can you point me to the current Dev version?  I only see r17 up right now.

r19 - LOOKS pretty NICE   :wub:

edit: after seeing yr video I have to say that it looks much more then just pretty - thanks Shay 

I've tried using google, and I'm sure this question has been asked before, is there any way to create a respawn point on a community created mission that does not have one?

Pull the PBO apart, load up the mission in the editor, drop down a respawn where you want it, and save the mission.  Then export it as a PBO again?

I'm new to mission making and editing, but it seems like that would be easy and do-able.

Pull the PBO apart, load up the mission in the editor, drop down a respawn where you want it, and save the mission.  Then export it as a PBO again?

I'm new to mission making and editing, but it seems like that would be easy and do-able.

Well that's the hard way, my question is if MCC has the capability, it is a very powerful tool after all.