shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

INIDbi2 support :) But good work for this amazing mod.

You are asking for INIDb2 support or saying it is supported?

You are asking for INIDb2 support or saying it is supported?

Sorry for bad ENG and my expression :) Asking for future support this mod. I mean this topic https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186131-inidbi2-save-and-load-data-to-the-server-or-your-local-computer-without-databases/

When i enable Role Select in MCC GUI then me say INIDb isn't running. Anyway i post this issue in INIDBI2 topic too.

Hi shay,

The cargo generator function in the 3d editor doesn't seem to be working. When I click the button it flashes orange but nothing happens. Your tutorial video shows a dialogue box opens to allow crates to be custom built with gear.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Yup Independent is hostile to blufor. I made a video:

It seems that it only works properly on opfor. Independent wont go hostile to you again until you respawn.

Is there a reason why some of my objectives are being put really close to each other? Like within 50m - 120m. I complete one objective, and I turn around and BAM! The next one is right there. Meanwhile I select a HUGE area to operate in. And I dont have the "CQB" option turned to yes.

Same her like igame360, 3 kill hvt missions in a town and all were in one house ^^

Also, is the medical system on if i dont place the module or must i place the module and must disable all?

Hi all,

I'd be keen for the variables showing the size of the total force, both spawned and cached, to deduct a "total force count" for each side i.e. a kind of progress.

I know how to do it with a trigger, but I was wondering whether the cached force size could also be taken into account.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for bad ENG and my expression :) Asking for future support this mod. I mean this topic https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186131-inidbi2-save-and-load-data-to-the-server-or-your-local-computer-without-databases/

When i enable Role Select in MCC GUI then me say INIDb isn't running. Anyway i post this issue in INIDBI2 topic too.

NP, I've added support to iniDBi2 which lead me to change the entire Role Selection UI - but it will be there for next update. 

Hi shay,

The cargo generator function in the 3d editor doesn't seem to be working. When I click the button it flashes orange but nothing happens. Your tutorial video shows a dialogue box opens to allow crates to be custom built with gear.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Yeah I forgot a "}" at the end. Will fix it ASAP

Yup Independent is hostile to blufor. I made a video:

It seems that it only works properly on opfor. Independent wont go hostile to you again until you respawn.

Strange, i'll check it out. 

Is there a reason why some of my objectives are being put really close to each other? Like within 50m - 120m. I complete one objective, and I turn around and BAM! The next one is right there. Meanwhile I select a HUGE area to operate in. And I dont have the "CQB" option turned to yes.

The objective placing isn't effected by the zone size. The only three factors that determine the distance between objectives are:

The number of players - more players mean further away.

CQB - half the distance

Map and luck - sometimes especially when in CQB mission MCC will not find a suitable house to place the objective in. Sometimes the map doesn't have enough enter-able houses that are big enough and sometimes they are not set right in the configs but anyway all objectives should be more or less in the same area. 

If you want missions to generate away from each other it is best to use the Campaign. 

My response was in general and figured you wouldn't be using the MCC Respawn function with BIS Revive.

The question was to get BIS revive to work with MCC Campaign.  BIS revive in a regular mission is as you say, pretty straight forward but with MCC Campaign the player dies which causes instant respawn screen.  See Shay_Gman's response that clears that item up.

Thank you

can we not use GAIA without specifying a zone? i'd like to use it as any other AI enhancement mode like bCombat. is that possible?

can we not use GAIA without specifying a zone? i'd like to use it as any other AI enhancement mode like bCombat. is that possible?

Yup, I think you are not the only one. Or even better, a standalone mod which simply auto assigns existing AI units to GAIA.

+1

There is a script version but perhaps that is not exactly what you're looking for. I don't think it would work well with just auto assigning to all AI units in a mission as it would break most missions that way.

Yup, I think you are not the only one. Or even better, a standalone mod which simply auto assigns existing AI units to GAIA.

+1

"• GAIA get's her target information from any unit on the map, including not under GAIA control. (so even players on the same side of GAIA)."

Does this mean that if I see an enemy does GAIA controlled units also know where that enemy is and will they take action?

Also, is the medical system on if i dont place the module or must i place the module and must disable all? 

"• GAIA get's her target information from any unit on the map, including not under GAIA control. (so even players on the same side of GAIA)."

Does this mean that if I see an enemy does GAIA controlled units also know where that enemy is and will they take action?

Yes. So you can for example put infantry units near by that will support you. Put AI mortars, artillery and CAS to support you when needed. Fully automated. I dont think this feature is most used but I found it fun :)

Hey spirit,

Found a way to make GAIA a separate addon mate?  I know that having it automatically pick up every unit and give to GAIA (as a separate addon) would be incredible!

Got this errors ALL on server, used last version r18:

19:50:55 "my_pv: MCC REGULAR - ["Reinforcement",7,false,true,7,"rhs_faction_usarmy_wd",4,"NOTHING","4","MOVE",[5960.33,7094.72,0],[500,500],500,"WEST",L Alpha 4-3:1,0,false,false,"MotterDE","default",0,[6740.72,6247.74,3.05176e-005],0,0,0,[6740.72,6247.74,3.05176e-005],false,false]"
19:50:55 "my_pv: MCC REGULAR - ["Reinforcement",0,false,true,0,"rhs_faction_usarmy_wd",4,"NOTHING","4","MOVE",[5960.33,7094.72,0],[500,500],500,"WEST",L Alpha 4-3:1,0,false,false,"MotterDE","default",0,[4937.34,6036.12,0],0,0,0,[4937.34,6036.12,0],false,false]"
19:50:55 Error in expression <cc_spawnfaction,"Infantry","LAND"] call mcc_make_array_grps);

if ( (count _par>
19:50:55   Error position: <mcc_make_array_grps);

if ( (count _par>
19:50:55   Error Undefined variable in expression: mcc_make_array_grps
19:50:55 File mcc_sandbox_mod\mcc\fnc\ai\fn_paratroops.sqf, line 64
19:50:55 Error in expression <cc_spawnfaction,"Infantry","LAND"] call mcc_make_array_grps);

if ( (count _par>
19:50:55   Error position: <mcc_make_array_grps);

if ( (count _par>
19:50:55   Error Undefined variable in expression: mcc_make_array_grps
19:50:55 File mcc_sandbox_mod\mcc\fnc\ai\fn_paratroops.sqf, line 64

AND:

20:20:43 "my_pv: MCC REGULAR - ["Reinforcement","Reinforcement",false,true,6,"rhs_faction_usn",1,"NOTHING","1","MOVE",[5599.78,6110.69,0],[2002.3,1243.43],1243.43,"WEST",s31,9,false,false,"MotterDE","default",0,[5932.73,7247.66,0],0,0,0,[5678.22,7266.89],false,false]"
20:20:43 Error in expression <cc_spawnfaction,"Infantry","LAND"] call mcc_make_array_grps);

if ( (count _par>
20:20:43   Error position: <mcc_make_array_grps);

if ( (count _par>
20:20:43   Error Undefined variable in expression: mcc_make_array_grps
20:20:43 File mcc_sandbox_mod\mcc\fnc\ai\fn_paratroops.sqf, line 64

And:

20:21:56 "my_pv: MCC REGULAR - ["Reinforcement","Reinforcement",false,true,6,"rhs_faction_usarmy_wd",1,"NOTHING","1","FORTIFY",[5599.78,6110.69,0],[2002.3,1243.43],1243.43,"WEST",s31,10,false,false,"MotterDE","default",0,[5959.57,7372.15,0],0,0,0,[5757.15,6307.14],false,false]"
20:21:56 Error in expression <cc_spawnfaction,"Infantry","LAND"] call mcc_make_array_grps);

if ( (count _par>
20:21:56   Error position: <mcc_make_array_grps);

if ( (count _par>
20:21:56   Error Undefined variable in expression: mcc_make_array_grps
20:21:56 File mcc_sandbox_mod\mcc\fnc\ai\fn_paratroops.sqf, line 64

And 20k lines spam on server with this, you use this function very often:

(only ACE use this function also and they say it is on your side (TO ACE TICKET))

22:29:07 Error in expression <

_sortedArray set [count _sortedArray,_selectedItem];
_sortedValues set [count>
22:29:07   Error position: <_selectedItem];
_sortedValues set [count>
22:29:07   Error Undefined variable in expression: _selecteditem
22:29:07 File A3\functions_f\Arrays\fn_sortBy.sqf, line 131

Hi guys, I've just finished episode 2 of Day Of The Dead. Made largely in part with MCC, we used your regular zones, environmental brushes, a bunch of the smaller MCC stuff like removing and adding gear. This was made before the Survival mode was available we have plans on using that on Episode 4 (we have already played Episode 3). The mission was made only the fly by 2 game masters one exclusively using Zeus the other MCC, it just goes to show how powerful a tool MCC is.

This episode follows the group as they make their way from "camp hope" up the north west of Chernarus to Vybor in search of fuel.

Nice vid reckless.

As for Gaia, it would be impossible to just let Gaia handle everything without zones. You could in theory do it by considering the whole map a zone, but it would be weird. Zones... *ahem* markers are used to set patrol points, tell units where to attack, and tell units where to return. If you had one big zone, units would be all over the map doing weird things.

Honestly, Gaia is underused, and unfortunately I think it being tied with MCC has left it unappreciated. What I mean by my statement is that people just throw a mission together without understanding how Gaia works. They click a button throw down a "zone" and it works. This is great for usability, but there is so much more you can do with Gaia.

For example, I rarely use MCC in my missions, but I always use Gaia. Because I understand how Gaia works, I can create complex missions where a "Gaia Commander" (a creation of my own design) will change objectives based on "zones" captured.

With a little bit of love, Gaia could easily be on par with (and above) ALiVE in both features and popularity. However, at the moment, it is just a nice background feature to MCC and not it's own AI star like ALiVE or HETMAN.

I would really love to see Gaia be an official addon. I know Spirit released a script version in the past, but it was more a promotion for MCC than anything else. I myself have felt like adding to it, but then knowing it would be stuck in MCC (no hate towards MCC) has always made me think twice.

Hey spirit,

Found a way to make GAIA a separate addon mate?  I know that having it automatically pick up every unit and give to GAIA (as a separate addon) would be incredible!

Life had me by the balls bigtime, but I see time in January like stated before.

Nice vid reckless.

As for Gaia, it would be impossible to just let Gaia handle everything without zones. You could in theory do it by considering the whole map a zone, but it would be weird. Zones... *ahem* markers are used to set patrol points, tell units where to attack, and tell units where to return. If you had one big zone, units would be all over the map doing weird things.

Honestly, Gaia is underused, and unfortunately I think it being tied with MCC has left it unappreciated. What I mean by my statement is that people just throw a mission together without understanding how Gaia works. They click a button throw down a "zone" and it works. This is great for usability, but there is so much more you can do with Gaia.

For example, I rarely use MCC in my missions, but I always use Gaia. Because I understand how Gaia works, I can create complex missions where a "Gaia Commander" (a creation of my own design) will change objectives based on "zones" captured.

With a little bit of love, Gaia could easily be on par with (and above) ALiVE in both features and popularity. However, at the moment, it is just a nice background feature to MCC and not it's own AI star like ALiVE or HETMAN.

I would really love to see Gaia be an official addon. I know Spirit released a script version in the past, but it was more a promotion for MCC than anything else. I myself have felt like adding to it, but then knowing it would be stuck in MCC (no hate towards MCC) has always made me think twice.

Thanks for your possitive feedback. Yes, GAIA is kinda "hidden" in MCC but dont forget that GAIA was in first place a replacement for UPSMON that got too feature rich (and demanding) for the use of MCC (no offense). The second thing is that GAIA never got beyond release 1.0. Kinda of ashame as the whole desing was towards fully functioning commander like you describe. I have code that makes the commander completely thinking of its own and creating "zones" itself. I had two of those commanders playing chess against each other and it was fun to see. That said, also had a lot to improve. The version 1.0 that you all hold was GAIA just making use of the units and auto recognize units. A feature that was not in other AI units.

I will give it some thought. Maybe talk on Teamspeak a bit to hear your idea's. Always welcome ofcourse. Gimme a PM if ya like that.

Spirit

• Like 1

@Spirit

Almost forgot that MCC used UPSMON, and that GAIA was designed to replaced UPSMON. I think we can all agree that GAIA is much more robust than UPSMON (from an AI perspective), and hearing what you did (and reading your documentation) you definitely had bigger plans than a simple UPSMON replacement.

Yeah Spirit, I am definitely interested in improving GAIA. I have some modified code, let me find it and get back to you. It might be a little bit because its on my backup drives and I've been known to be a bit lazy lol.

Happy new year guys.

In the upcoming weeks I want to wrap my work on MCC by providing templates for the different play styles MCC provides from: PvP, RTS, CooP, Survival and more to show case the fully functionality of MCC and cleaning it and bringing it to the most stable faze it can be. Then I would love to take the time off and marking a big V on this project and plan my road ahead. 

Yes you can, but as explained by Stcrowe later on it is best to use zones because the brilliant idea behind GAIA is to mimic an AI commander that have to defend and captures zones with the assets in hand. So without defining zones and letting him know what to defend and what to conquer he will be a very ineffective commander. 

In the template missions that comes with the mod the medical system as well as other MCC functions are turned on because they are a show case for MCC functions. By default MCC medical system is off unless you put the module. 

Got this errors ALL on server, used last version r18:

Thanks, they are related to one MCC function and one BI function. It should be easily fixed.

*Edit: Ok after looking at the code on Git I can say two things: 

1. The BIS_fnc_sorrtBy isn't a game effective error - the zones array is set by the zones numbers so zone 1 is the 2nd element in the array and zone 10 is the 11th element, the BI function don't know how to handle nil arguments. Maybe we'll need to write our own. 

2. The missing MCC_make_groups function on the server have a big game effect as the server will not be able to generate groups on his side. 

Both of them should be fixed. 

Hi guys, I've just finished episode 2 of Day Of The Dead. Made largely in part with MCC, we used your regular zones, environmental brushes, a bunch of the smaller MCC stuff like removing and adding gear. This was made before the Survival mode was available we have plans on using that on Episode 4 (we have already played Episode 3). The mission was made only the fly by 2 game masters one exclusively using Zeus the other MCC, it just goes to show how powerful a tool MCC is.

Great video mate, I'm happy to see people using MCC to create different and non orthodox missions. That's the idea behind MCC - create what ever you want easy. We are not sticking to any specific genre and we let you guys use it as a framework to suit your game style.

Nice vid reckless.

Well written. It's up to Spirit decisions to create a stand alone GAIA. It is always a debate when it comes to MCC because we know that a lot of mission makers hate us - after all if you know how to create missions in the 2d, it takes time and effort and then some guy log-in into MCC and create not so bad mission within a few minutes or even being really lazy and just click the mission wizard. MCC was developed to fulfill our play-style (when we used to play) where we prefered doing a few different missions every night rather then have on big op that someone has worked on it for a week and then not enough people showed in and the mission was too difficult or too easy. So we where looking for a tool to help in the fastest way to let the guys create whatever mission they want in a few minutes- usually while the rest of the guys where sorting their gear and groups. But we encourage everyone to use their own play-style as we provide the tools and never enforce our "way of thinking" to anyone who uses MCC.

Life had me by the balls bigtime, but I see time in January like stated before.

Thanks for your possitive feedback. Yes, GAIA is kinda "hidden" in MCC but dont forget that GAIA was in first place a replacement for UPSMON that got too feature rich (and demanding) for the use of MCC (no offense). The second thing is that GAIA never got beyond release 1.0. Kinda of ashame as the whole desing was towards fully functioning commander like you describe. I have code that makes the commander completely thinking of its own and creating "zones" itself. I had two of those commanders playing chess against each other and it was fun to see. That said, also had a lot to improve. The version 1.0 that you all hold was GAIA just making use of the units and auto recognize units. A feature that was not in other AI units.

I will give it some thought. Maybe talk on Teamspeak a bit to hear your idea's. Always welcome ofcourse. Gimme a PM if ya like that.

Spirit

Maybe even let the commanders build their bases, produce units and capture points now that we have RTS elements?

Hey

Then I would love to take the time off and marking a big V on this project and plan my road ahead. 

I think the next big step might have something to do with Eden. Maybe you can win those 2d editor guys lol

It is always a debate when it comes to MCC because we know that a lot of mission makers hate us 

When I say MCC I either get people who really love it or people who really hate it. Not too many in-betweens.

Maybe even let the commanders build their bases, produce units and capture points now that we have RTS elements?

Cool idea.

May be in the long term but, in my opinion, I'd prefer GAIA to stick to its commander role and not becoming a CTI general.

The beauty of GAIA (script version) is that it can be used in many ways ! In the community I'm playing with, we always play 2d editor missions. And in all those missions, nearly half are using GAIA !! :) 

We sadly just recently started to stop using it because, after so many BiS patches, we had recurring issues (e.g. groups that started to be idle, or many groups patroling the same point).

I'd love to see a GAIA update as it's one of the best AI control mod out there ! :)