shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

It was a typo!!! Post fixed.

Ah cool, and here I already anticipated a merger between DAC and MCC similar to AGM and CSE.  ^_^ 

After the last Arma 3 update I can't export objects placed by MCC to clipboard as I used to.... whenever I press Export MCC (and wait for the objects copied to clipboard message) and I try to paste the code into a mission.sqm it seems like the only objects that it copies are markers. I'm running vanilla except for CBA and MCC

I'm not sure this is directly linked to the 1.54 update as the BIS changelog doesn't really suggest an impact on that MCC function (though I might be very wrong about that).

Our community still uses r13 due to some issues introduced by later MCC updates and for us the clipboard function works like a charm.

I am noticing that when you defuse a IED in the minigame (and that little game screen goes blank grey) and you exit it (press ESC for example), you can reenter it and defuse it again. Whats up with that? O.o

i know you are an avid PRbf2 guy from some of your older videos.

http://www.bluedrake42.com/community/threads/drk-project-reality-arma-iii-drkpr.1816/

i found this recently and the link above are some guys trying to make PRarma3 a thing and need help with creating squads and kits. perhaps if you have time maybe contact them or make an account and post in the section.

or if there is already a script written for this...pointing me in the right direction would be greatly apprieciated.

the basis is that they are trying to create the Project Reality feel into arma and kit selection is a big road block at the moment. plus they are trying to do it with just a mission file without making it an acutual Mod.....anyways, love your work man and any help from anyone would be appreciated.

MCC4 and BI revive

Can someone help me with how to integrate the BI revive system to work in an MCC4 campaign scenario. I want to have the incapacitated soldier to be able to be revived rather than instantly have to select a respawn as offered in MCC4 after death menu.  If the player actually dies or decides to respawn then and only then will they see the MCC4 respawn menu.

there's a way to disable MCC self interaction menu? I can disable the interaction with others, but i can't disable the interaction self.

Hello, 

Been to Holland, what a great country it is I planned to meet with Spirit there but then life happen. So i'm back and it's time to see what is new...

i have a problem starting MCC ingame since i use the new CBA mod version CBA_A3_v2.2.0.151130 - without this it works, but i need CBA for some Maps - is there any solution ?

Is this problem still exist after the latest ArmA patch? BTW check my previous post regarding a work around until new release. 

Shay,

Have a minor bug report. Took me a while to figure out why units were disappearing on me from time to time when I went into MCC. I use CTRL-DELETE to open MCC. Lots of times if / when I had a unit selected in the main screen it will be deleted when I start MCC with CTRL-DELETE. My guess is a simple DELETE key press is still getting through and deleting my previously last selected unit.

Yeah I've fixed it for the next release.

It also happen in mission.

I think i know what is the reason. And the reason is i just press "hijack" without selection of any unit.

Hijacking works without errors only if: i've selected unit in mcc panel AND i've selected unit also in Units area in mcc panel.

I suppose there is a need of some "if" in scripts.

Another request to hijacking.

This transition animation between hijacked persons is completely unnecessary. It is just time consuming element.

And a request to zones.

I remember i asked you about it however you didn't give me any specific answer. No matter...

Nowadays there is no ability to remove zones. I know they may be reused but there is a moment i have so many of them that management of those zones (usualy moving to the border of the map) is significant part of mission.

It would be splendid if there would be just possibility of remove them.

You shouldn't press hijack without selecting a unit. I'll add a check to avoid player doing it.

The transition animation will not change - some people like it some don't, I can't make everyone happy all the time - sorry. 

Deleting zones - why don't you just minimize them in size and discard them away?

After the last Arma 3 update I can't export objects placed by MCC to clipboard as I used to.... whenever I press Export MCC (and wait for the objects copied to clipboard message) and I try to paste the code into a mission.sqm it seems like the only objects that it copies are markers. I'm running vanilla except for CBA and MCC

Strange - i'll check it out. Just to clarify things do you mean saving to SQM or as MCC mission?

Any particular reason why using the cargo function in Zeus with MCC or just MCC by itself no longer works ? It was the easiest way to customize equipment loadouts in real time or when making a scenario. :ph34r:

I have also noticed that Thelo.

Yeah it called "I forgot to add } at the end" :D - I'll fix it for next release.

MCC Campaign Rescue POW

I have created a MP COP mission that places the MCC campaign module on Stratis I made a small base with the BI Respawn_West (As I typically do). When the MCC campaign produces a mission where we must destroy some targets and rescue a captive, when we bring the POW back to the base (Respawn_West), the mission will not complete. If I place the MCC Module Start_Location in the same area of Respaewn_West, when any of the West force dies, they are viewing two death/revive screens, one is the BI revive that I added to the mission but in the back ground I can see the MCC select respawn option.

These two question may be related but I would like to have the BI revive parameter to be the only thing the player sees, once the timer has run out, the player respawns at Respawn_West or MCC Start_Location.

Any help would be apprecaited or maybe a quick PBO so I can open the editor and learn.

Thank you

Man I think apart from sending me a real letter with a stamp and all you have contacted me in every known media to man (Steam, YouTube, forums, mails)  ;)

Regarding your questions:

You can't use MCC respawn with BI revive - the main reason is that AFAIK  BI pretty much did the worst revive script method where you first die, respawn, and then set in the unconscious faze. Why is this bad, well you can't really use the "killed" or "respawn" eventhandlers when the revive kick in after the respawn which means I can't tell when the player really die or when he really respawn. Usually medical/revive scripts work around catching the player before he die and set him to unconscious state (ACE for example). 

If you still want unconcious state, revive exc I recommend you using the MCC medical system complex or basic or other revive scripts such as A3 wounds or BTC revive. 

Right now you need to turn in the hostage to MCC start location - HQ I might change it later. 

Has anyone figured out the login problem on severs? When even the mission restarts it says, "server no longer commander".

Is it still not working after the patch?

I am noticing that when you defuse a IED in the minigame (and that little game screen goes blank grey) and you exit it (press ESC for example), you can reenter it and defuse it again. Whats up with that? O.o

Yeah, i'll fix it for next release - thanks. 

there's a way to disable MCC self interaction menu? I can disable the interaction with others, but i can't disable the interaction self.

It should be disabled once you select to disable it since last update - did you downloaded the latest version?

I'm trying to make missions using MCC but there are some issues with object names.

I use the module that lets me add objects, that were placed in the 2D editor, to zeus, then I try using Save All (SQM). However, all the objects in the SQM file lose their object name that I've written for them in the 2D editor, and I have to rename the objects everytime I export a new SQM file. Is this fixable where I don't have the rename the objects each time I use Save All (SQM)?

I believe the same happens with an object's init fields that were made in the 2D editor.

thanks for the answer, Shay_Gman, the patch doesnt change anything about it, i wait for your next patch, until i play with your older versions/without cba :)

Man I think apart from sending me a real letter with a stamp and all you have contacted me in every known media to man (Steam, YouTube, forums, mails)  ;)

Regarding your questions:

You can't use MCC respawn with BI revive - the main reason is that AFAIK  BI pretty much did the worst revive script method where you first die, respawn, and then set in the unconscious faze. Why is this bad, well you can't really use the "killed" or "respawn" eventhandlers when the revive kick in after the respawn which means I can't tell when the player really die or when he really respawn. Usually medical/revive scripts work around catching the player before he die and set him to unconscious state (ACE for example). 

If you still want unconcious state, revive exc I recommend you using the MCC medical system complex or basic or other revive scripts such as A3 wounds or BTC revive. 

Right now you need to turn in the hostage to MCC start location - HQ I might change it later. 

Thank you for the response. As for the multiple posts, if you read they are not specifically directed at you and more so at the community.  While I realize that you are subscribed to all the media outlets it was not a case of impatience on my part as it was more of, I know you are busy and some other scripter that is more familiar with the MCC functions may be able to answer for me. Once again thank  you for your response.  I do have a follow up:

1. The Medkit is not providing the Medic with endless Epi and Saline as described in the Wiki, Is there a variable that needs to activated?
  2. What would I have to add to the mission to eliminate the BI FAK use in the mouse wheel options, I want ONLy MCC medical system to be used.

Would it be possible that you can direct me to a mission/PBO that properly invokes these functions that I can use as a base on proper format/syntax?

Hajimoto

I was just kidding regarding the media, 

Anyway are you using the MCC mod version?

Did you put the MCC medical module and set all the needed parameters?

Medikits will only give infinite epi exc on the basic level in the complex system you will need to use the real items. 

I'm trying to make missions using MCC but there are some issues with object names.

I use the module that lets me add objects, that were placed in the 2D editor, to zeus, then I try using Save All (SQM). However, all the objects in the SQM file lose their object name that I've written for them in the 2D editor, and I have to rename the objects everytime I export a new SQM file. Is this fixable where I don't have the rename the objects each time I use Save All (SQM)?

I believe the same happens with an object's init fields that were made in the 2D editor.

Waiting on a response to this.

@drpastah just tested it spawned some units, some vehicles named two of them. Both of them shows in the SQM. 

I don't have the reference in front of me but there is a pretty straight forward way of getting the standard BI revive system working in a mission. Just check the BIS Wiki and you should be able to find it pretty easily.

MCC4 and BI revive

Can someone help me with how to integrate the BI revive system to work in an MCC4 campaign scenario. I want to have the incapacitated soldier to be able to be revived rather than instantly have to select a respawn as offered in MCC4 after death menu.  If the player actually dies or decides to respawn then and only then will they see the MCC4 respawn menu.

Module Settings (Mechanics) right? Disabled everything in this module and still getting the mcc self interaction

I was just kidding regarding the media, 

Anyway are you using the MCC mod version?

Did you put the MCC medical module and set all the needed parameters?

Medikits will only give infinite epi exc on the basic level in the complex system you will need to use the real items. 

I am using the MOD version. I double checked the MCC Medical Module and you are right it defaulted to Complex even though I thought I changed it. Do you know of a way to disable the BIS healing feature? I only want MCC Medical in the healing options as the mouse wheel will confuse some of our medics and the fact that the BIS heal function overrides some of the MCC Medical procedure rendering it useless in some cases.

Thanks again

I don't have the reference in front of me but there is a pretty straight forward way of getting the standard BI revive system working in a mission. Just check the BIS Wiki and you should be able to find it pretty easily.

The question was to get BIS revive to work with MCC Campaign.  BIS revive in a regular mission is as you say, pretty straight forward but with MCC Campaign the player dies which causes instant respawn screen.  See Shay_Gman's response that clears that item up.

Thank you

Module Settings (Mechanics) right? Disabled everything in this module and still getting the mcc self interaction

Yeah, but again - are you sure you are on the latest version of MCC? I remember I've fixed it a few weeks ago and I've tested it right now and once the MCC mechanic module interaction disabled I couldn't access self interaction.

I am using the MOD version. I double checked the MCC Medical Module and you are right it defaulted to Complex even though I thought I changed it. Do you know of a way to disable the BIS healing feature? I only want MCC Medical in the healing options as the mouse wheel will confuse some of our medics and the fact that the BIS heal function overrides some of the MCC Medical procedure rendering it useless in some cases.

Thanks again

There is no way to disable BI heal function (AFAIK) but don't worry as MCC basic healing is using it, Means you can heal a wounded unit either with the healing from the mouse wheel or with the MCC interaction. In the complex system MCC removes all the default FAIK and Medkits and replace them with MCC items. 

@drpastah just tested it spawned some units, some vehicles named two of them. Both of them shows in the SQM. 

Did you do it in Zeus or in the 2D editor? Because it does not work when I place and name them in the 2D editor and then export the entire mission with MCC.

Did you do it in Zeus or in the 2D editor? Because it does not work when I place and name them in the 2D editor and then export the entire mission with MCC.

Zeus. Name saved only from the MCC 3D editor or Zeus. I can add it to the next update. 

Yes, using the Steam workshop version

Fixed it, removed CBA and its working now! Thank you!  :)

Is there something wrong with the undercover module? ive been testing it and enemies will never get hostile even as i mow them down in front of each other. Im undercover forever :o.

Yes, using the Steam workshop version

Fixed it, removed CBA and its working now! Thank you!  :)

It is a bug, I'll fix it for next update so it will be disabled also with CBA.

Is there something wrong with the undercover module? ive been testing it and enemies will never get hostile even as i mow them down in front of each other. Im undercover forever :o.

What side was the unit you have played. You should pick the opposite side. As if you are fighting Opfor you should go Bluefor with the UC module. 

And did you put the independents hostile toward bluefor?