shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Shay,

Tears pour from my eyes after reading the helicopter fix. Man, this MCC mod is awesome. So I am available to test if needed. I have been playing a lot, but I play more solo using AI as team mates. So if you want me to test some features with RHS and ACE implemented, I shall do so. Thanks.

Warleader

If you can add a "Delete Vehicle Wrecks" brush. I use the brushes alot.

Shay,

can the MCC supply runs be changed to reflect the RHS helicopters too rather than the futuristic one? same for CAS?

• Like 1

Is anyone playing Dev build?

I'm getting bulk script error messages lately. I started using Dev when they announced the Eden editor, but I'm getting error messages come up on the screen constantly. Sometimes I have no idea where they are from because it's just code, but I've seen "MCC" as part of the error messages sometime (I've also seen Bcombat mentioned). One that I've noticed a few times is about MCC and mechanised infantry. 

Anyway, I know mod makers hate people talking about Dev build, but can anyone say if they have seen these errors, or even play Dev without errors? I don't know if it's just something on my end or not.

I would drop the dev branch, because MCC is so vital to how I play, but after the 3d editor I can't go back to the 2d... and no I don't use MCC's 3d editor, because it's too much of a mess around to save the scenario.

Hey man,
I got some problems lately with ACE 3 & MCC, MCC keeps adding options to the ACE interaction menu even though i disabled all logistics...

Just wanned to report it, if anyone has an solution please tell me ;)

I have problem with the CQB wizard option:

It seems that MCC can't spawn units into buildings anymore from update 0.4.16....

Old MCC version still work but recent versions seems to make missions far from cities without populate them in any case...

Some fix or suggestion?

@Shay - thanks for the coming update and fixes sounds all great - IN for testing also using RHS - thanks 

Best Spoor

Maybe stupid question: but the object u place in the 3d editor (via MCC interface), could be saved on the 2d editor? Or also the modification u make with zeus?

Maybe stupid question: but the object u place in the 3d editor (via MCC interface), could be saved on the 2d editor? Or also the modification u make with zeus?

Yes you can do it creating a .SQM content file (saved in clipboard) from the section LOAD/SAVE of the MCC panel, then paste the text copied replacing the original SQM mission file content.

• Like 1

Yes you can do it creating a .SQM content file (saved in clipboard) from the section LOAD/SAVE of the MCC panel, then paste the text copied replacing the original SQM mission file content.

Many thanks eagle_flying!

I'm getting bulk script error messages lately. I started using Dev when they announced the Eden editor, but I'm getting error messages come up on the screen constantly. Sometimes I have no idea where they are from because it's just code, but I've seen "MCC" as part of the error messages sometime (I've also seen Bcombat mentioned). One that I've noticed a few times is about MCC and mechanised infantry. 

Anyway, I know mod makers hate people talking about Dev build, but can anyone say if they have seen these errors, or even play Dev without errors? I don't know if it's just something on my end or not.

I would drop the dev branch, because MCC is so vital to how I play, but after the 3d editor I can't go back to the 2d... and no I don't use MCC's 3d editor, because it's too much of a mess around to save the scenario.

There is a workaround: install both dev and stable by Arma tools : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=524329966

Then in Eden, use this to export the 3D map as a 2D map: [] call BIS_fnc_3DENExportOldSQM;

I've report somethin on the MCC Github: The current MCC search function for scavenging is bind in ACE to "Personnal interaction > Search". It might be more logical to bind it to "Interaction" if possible.

The link: https://github.com/shaygman/mcc_sandbox.Altis/issues/46

If this issue has already been submitted/asnwered, I will be pleased to delete it. 

Hey,

i love the MCC civillian system but i desperately looking for an way to exclude certain areas like the own base ect... can anyone help me with that? 

I hate to ask stupid questions, but does anyone know if there is a way to attach a chemlight or ir to yourself using the mcc ui? And if not, is it planned to ever do?

I know that AGM had it, and therefore ace has it, but ace has a lot of 'baggage' with it that I don't want/need. It seems in order to get it to work, you have to use the entire personal interaction module (or whatever its called) and I dont want to use its medical system.

Anyway, thankyou, and sorry if I'm beating a dead horse.

FireWalker

I hate to ask stupid questions, but does anyone know if there is a way to attach a chemlight or ir to yourself using the mcc ui? And if not, is it planned to ever do?

I know that AGM had it, and therefore ace has it, but ace has a lot of 'baggage' with it that I don't want/need. It seems in order to get it to work, you have to use the entire personal interaction module (or whatever its called) and I dont want to use its medical system.

FireWalker

U can also try to remove the stuff u don't need in the ACE. Like AGM is a modular addon.

• Like 1

U can also try to remove the stuff u don't need in the ACE. Like AGM is a modular addon.

Do you mean by pulling the pbo's out of the addons folder that I'm not interested in?  I'll give that a shot. I'd be keeping the 'interaction menu' and the 'attach' pbo's and try to take everything else out.

I'll try it tonight, and I will try not to bring up how to use ace in this thread anymore. (not trying to hijack or cross-thread)

Thank you for the direction,

FireWalker

Do you mean by pulling the pbo's out of the addons folder that I'm not interested in?  I'll give that a shot. I'd be keeping the 'interaction menu' and the 'attach' pbo's and try to take everything else out.

I'll try it tonight, and I will try not to bring up how to use ace in this thread anymore. (not trying to hijack or cross-thread)

FireWalker

Here u have the "wiki features of ACE3":

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/

U can choose what u want to remove and also it's indicated (end of the page) the dependancy of the stuff u want to remove. Try it out. I also remove somenthing and work well. Write to ma a PM me if u need assistance.

Bye! :)

(sorry if on the MCC thread I go out of discussion, but was only to help another person. Sorry again)

• Like 1

FireWalker

While ACE is modular, unfortunately it's not THAT modular.It is not possible to remove it's medical and interaction functions.Too many other things are tied to them.I have tried removing medical,as I play SP and it is a pain having to bandage my whole squad!Ai medics cant use ace medical..

I admit Fallout 4 stole my soul... 

I totally forgot that I had an almost ready new version. I will release it...

For the last couple of MCC versions anytime I place a vehicle in the 3d editor it explodes. That last time I did this it looks as though it is spawning 2 vehicles anytime I try to do this.

My workaround is to never use the MCC 3d Editor and just use Zeus instead but it would be nice to see the MCC 3d editor working properly.

It fixed in the new version. The reason it happening is that when changing factions in 3D editor MCC interface opens again and usually people just reopen the 3D editor. You should close the interface and not opening a new one. 

Shay,

I have a Bug question: When you set a helicopter and give it to GAIA, once the player is in a hostile situation, it will depart and then support the player. When the threat is gone, it returns to it's base and lands.

But using the RHS mod with ACE and MCC, all of the "mod" US and USMC helicopters, automatically goes to the zone and stays there regardless if there is any hostile action. I tested this by placing US choppers and one Nato chopper...........the Nato chopper behaved correctly and waited for hostile actions. The 2 x RHS choppers departed immediately and patrolled random waypoints in the area...............is this an RHS issue? obviously, I would assume, but wondering how to fix. thanks

Warleader8

Fixed in the next release. 

Does anyone know if there is a way to add one of the many snow scripts to MCC?It has sandstorm blizzard etc-but some of the others are very good and it would be awesome to be able to trigger snow on/off in mission like you can with rain.

Added to the next release. 

If you can add a "Delete Vehicle Wrecks" brush. I use the brushes alot.

There is delete dead body brush that should do the trick in MCC.

Shay,

can the MCC supply runs be changed to reflect the RHS helicopters too rather than the futuristic one? same for CAS?

MCC supply helicopters are pretty much hard coded but in CAS you can choose what ever vehicle you want even from RHS.

We'll need to see the error report

Hey man,
I got some problems lately with ACE 3 & MCC, MCC keeps adding options to the ACE interaction menu even though i disabled all logistics...

Just wanned to report it, if anyone has an solution please tell me ;)

What options?

I have problem with the CQB wizard option:

It seems that MCC can't spawn units into buildings anymore from update 0.4.16....

Old MCC version still work but recent versions seems to make missions far from cities without populate them in any case...

Some fix or suggestion?

I've tested it and it did work. Can you provide more Intel?

Hey,

i love the MCC civillian system but i desperately looking for an way to exclude certain areas like the own base ect... can anyone help me with that? 

Nope but I might be able to put something for next release. 

FireWalker

Nope but I might be able to put something for you too for the  next release. 

• Like 2

I admit Fallout 4 stole my soul... 

I totally forgot that I had an almost ready new version. I will release it...

It fixed in the new version. The reason it happening is that when changing factions in 3D editor MCC interface opens again and usually people just reopen the 3D editor. You should close the interface and not opening a new one. 

Fixed in the next release. 

Added to the next release. 

There is delete dead body brush that should do the trick in MCC.

MCC supply helicopters are pretty much hard coded but in CAS you can choose what ever vehicle you want even from RHS.

We'll need to see the error report

What options?

I've tested it and it did work. Can you provide more Intel?

Nope but I might be able to put something for next release. 

Nope but I might be able to put something for you too for the  next release. 

damn man! You have just sorted almost every request people made! Looking forward to the update and thanks for adding the snow-that was my request :D You are a credit to our community.

for some reason, I can't log in on the mod anymore.  I'm using the Dev Build of ArmA 3 if that has anything to do with it...

Hey Shay, I love the MCC goodness, but i have a bit of a problem.

I'm trying to call a CAS mission from the MCC 4 interface. We use a lot of mods, such as RHS+RU, HLC, RH weps etc, so I won't name all of them. Normally I do this on dedicated servers, but it's the same if you do it through the editor:

If I call any OPFOR or INDEPENDANT CAS version, say Su25 vs a BLUFOR RHS tank, it delivers the load perfectly and, at a minimum, disables the tank. Missiles and guns fire at the same spot and the tank is obliterated. The AAF jet isn't as effective, but it mostly delivers the load in the correct area.

If I call any A10D Thunderbolt II, the default and only BLUFOR CAS jet, though, it fires the missiles some 150 meters infront of the target and then strafes the gun run some 30 meters behind the target, hitting nothing on the way. I've tested this behaviour on two dedicated servers, one TADST server (home-brewed) and the editor.

So, does anyone please have any info on why it's doing that and what can I do to change it? Or, better, is there a way to consistently do it without the issues? 

Image of issue below.

2jv11d.jpg

shay_gman

Is it possible that during hijacking those blurred corners aren't so big? I suppose this is informative feature, but by the way it is quiet annoying and in case of flying (when field of view is important) even disturbing.