shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

After further testing. We have never defused an IED. Ever :p (spent an hour trying). By the time the other person tells me how many wires there are, BOOM! XD Timer is definitely too short. 

Haha so increas the disarm time when placing the IED. for each 30 seconds of disarm time you'll get one more module up to 11 modules in total. The minimum is 3 modules BTW, Should I increase the time to 1 minute per module? BTW if you are an engineer class the modules will be easier.

I've updated Git test it now. 

Whats new in the git update?

Btw yeah 1 minute per module sounds fair.

- In relation to my earlier request for being able to spawn multiple IEDs without having to set up the options again and again, Is it possible to make it so that you can copy and paste the IED in zeus? Currently if you copy and paste, the new object is not an IED. 

- Im wondering if you can add an option for there to be no target instead of having to choose west, east, guerr, or civ. 

example scenario: Town is captured by east. holds civ hostages for rescue. You can call for reinforcements from independent faction to help liberating the town. Town is rigged with explosives, around 2 barrels per building or so (i will set those barrel ieds to explode only from mission_maker trigger), and laptop terminal IED with minigame option. All the barrels will be linked to the laptop IED (awesome feature by the way). So the mission is liberate town, resue hostages, find IED terminal or else BOOM whole town.

All factions are present but i dont want any of the bombs to be proximity triggered by anyone especially the laptop. So instead of having to pick between east, west, guerr, civ, could there just be a "none" option?

I feel like you guys just discovered the IED system which is ported from MCC 2 from ArmA 2 - i'm ashamed at the code quality there  B)

There is a detailed explanation here: http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/IED_Mines_%26_Suicide_Bombers

If you want the IED to not explode once a player get near just set the trigger to "Mission Maker Only" this IED won't explode even if you'll jump on them.

You can set IED without an explosion effect, this is used to trigger ambushes where you don't want to have the explosion.

Scenario: A truck is blocking the road, place a little tire IED next to it with no explosion effect sync it with an ambush group across the hill. While the players will by busy with the logistics of moving the truck they will trigger an ambush without knowing. 

BTW I can't change how Zeus copy items, but in the updated version sent to Git you can spawn multiple IEDs from MCC

With the minigame, it still explodes like with proximity (I want the minigame IED to have an option where it doesnt explode on proximity). I guess i have to just make target faction Guer (Guer = independent faction right?) and make sure no "Guer" ever gets near the minigame ied.

Nice one one the multiple spawning :)

encountered something weird.

When the suitcase ied (minigame) detonates, it detonates a second time (killing me, but that shouldve happened the first time). why?

Spawning IEDs all over the map is too a but resource consuming. Every IED is a trigger. I think the ambient spawn module (spawn stuff only when player is near and delete them after) is a more correct approach. I don't like it, to be honest as I think IEDs shouldn't be spawn everywhere and the should be spawned only on the way to the OA, but if i'll have the time I might add them to the ambient module.

Only spawning them randomly close to a player would be totally okay, but they should at least not despawn after you left the area/radius. 

But please don't feel forced. If it does not fit in your concept I'm totally cool with that. After all I still hope the EODS mod will do something similiar (soon)! ^^"

I've fixed the dev version - now the IEDs should work. 

Here is another new feature for the survival mod for you to enjoy and fool around: Add interactions menu to inventory items, food water and sickness effects. 

http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Survive_mod

This sound really amazing. Thanks. 

Really sorry to ask this as I found the answers once before when I was playing with MCC over a year ago.  My googlefu must be weak today, and I'm at my wits end so I must ask.

First when I'd die in game I wasn't able to reopen MCC, there was a line of code posted here that you put in the debug field (I believe) that'd you'd execute to enable it.  

Second.  My friend and I want to test ballistics.  To do this easily I was going to use MCC which I've done before, again over a year ago.  When I create a multiplayer no matter the mission when I click "login" after I scroll wheel open MCC it closes for a few seconds, then comes back up on the login screen with no mission maker chosen.  I tried hitting "P" and making myself a commander, not sure it'd matter but I got the same results.  

Thanks for any and all help and I do apologize cause I know it's been asked before, but after 2 hours searching for fixes I had to ask.

Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem. I try to let this work in epoch.  battleye is running and mannaged to filter out all the kicks.  I see mcc in the menu. I can open it with the shortkeys ctrl+end.  I can even open the Comander Console.

But when I click login. The screen dissapears and after a few seconds it's back there.  login again and same issue.  The only thing I think what is wrong that at mission maker is see:  Not assigned.  No idea if this is the problem

I tried to read all the previous posts as it seems this has been asked before, but I can't find it.  also not in the wikis.  I am pretty new to arma 3 and try to understand how it all works.  But after 2 days of searching I give up.

Hope somebody can point me to the right direction.

Maybe it's not possible in epoch or in multiplayer...  I have no idea.

thanks for your time 

Hello at all guys. I'm sorry, but I confess that I not read the all 203 page in the thread, I just want 2 simple info: there is a way to control a veichle with a unit that I hijack? I ask because if I select unit and hijacked it, that unit isn't able to control (for example an heli). There is a way to make it possible? And another question: there is a way to spawn a unit at specific height? I mean if I am on the deck of LHD/Nimitz, if I spawn an heli it spawn in the water. There is a method to resolve this? If someone can help will be very appreciated, also if there is a section on the MCC wiki of this. Thanks!

Just tested hijacking an enemy officer and entered an empty heli flew around. It works :o

I have the same problem as you. Ive tried to get the VVS vehicle spawner script to work on the nimitz. No luck. What i do to spawn things on it is i place the unit on the carrier with zeus, Immediately it will teleport to the bottom of the sea, Then i grab it and bring it to the deck or a little higher. Sometimes it works, otherwise most of the time it just goes to the bottom of the sea again.

Btw shay, is there any way you could make a Delete vehicle wrecks brush? i use the brush tool a lot and it works great.

With the minigame, it still explodes like with proximity (I want the minigame IED to have an option where it doesnt explode on proximity). I guess i have to just make target faction Guer (Guer = independent faction right?) and make sure no "Guer" ever gets near the minigame ied.

Nice one one the multiple spawning :)

encountered something weird.

When the suitcase ied (minigame) detonates, it detonates a second time (killing me, but that shouldve happened the first time). why?

There is a small explosion when failing to disarm the IED followed by the real explosion - this to give the player a little chance to start running if he fails.

I have the same problem. I try to let this work in epoch.  battleye is running and mannaged to filter out all the kicks.  I see mcc in the menu. I can open it with the shortkeys ctrl+end.  I can even open the Comander Console.

But when I click login. The screen dissapears and after a few seconds it's back there.  login again and same issue.  The only thing I think what is wrong that at mission maker is see:  Not assigned.  No idea if this is the problem

I tried to read all the previous posts as it seems this has been asked before, but I can't find it.  also not in the wikis.  I am pretty new to arma 3 and try to understand how it all works.  But after 2 days of searching I give up.

Hope somebody can point me to the right direction.

Maybe it's not possible in epoch or in multiplayer...  I have no idea.

thanks for your time 

It seems like MCC isn't running on the server. You can't use MCC locally it have to run on the server and MCC access open for all or your player UID in the white-list. 

Hello at all guys. I'm sorry, but I confess that I not read the all 203 page in the thread, I just want 2 simple info: there is a way to control a veichle with a unit that I hijack? I ask because if I select unit and hijacked it, that unit isn't able to control (for example an heli). There is a way to make it possible? And another question: there is a way to spawn a unit at specific height? I mean if I am on the deck of LHD/Nimitz, if I spawn an heli it spawn in the water. There is a method to resolve this? If someone can help will be very appreciated, also if there is a section on the MCC wiki of this. Thanks!

You can spawn in specific height using the MCC 3d editor.

You can spawn in specific height using the MCC 3d editor.

Oh many thanks. I don't figure it out this solution. Many thanks, and for my other question? There is a way for an hijacked unit to control a veichle?

For the last couple of MCC versions anytime I place a vehicle in the 3d editor it explodes. That last time I did this it looks as though it is spawning 2 vehicles anytime I try to do this.

My workaround is to never use the MCC 3d Editor and just use Zeus instead but it would be nice to see the MCC 3d editor working properly.

For the last couple of MCC versions anytime I place a vehicle in the 3d editor it explodes. That last time I did this it looks as though it is spawning 2 vehicles anytime I try to do this.

My workaround is to never use the MCC 3d Editor and just use Zeus instead but it would be nice to see the MCC 3d editor working properly.

I can confirm this.

It seems it spawns 2 objects in near the same time and if you're not fast enough to move out the view, the vehicles collide by them self and they explode.

Shay,

I have a Bug question: When you set a helicopter and give it to GAIA, once the player is in a hostile situation, it will depart and then support the player. When the threat is gone, it returns to it's base and lands.

But using the RHS mod with ACE and MCC, all of the "mod" US and USMC helicopters, automatically goes to the zone and stays there regardless if there is any hostile action. I tested this by placing US choppers and one Nato chopper...........the Nato chopper behaved correctly and waited for hostile actions. The 2 x RHS choppers departed immediately and patrolled random waypoints in the area...............is this an RHS issue? obviously, I would assume, but wondering how to fix. thanks

Warleader8

Does anyone know if there is a way to add one of the many snow scripts to MCC?It has sandstorm blizzard etc-but some of the others are very good and it would be awesome to be able to trigger snow on/off in mission like you can with rain.

Hi Guys, I'm currently working on a Zeus / MCC Template mission for Chernarus Winter.

It will feature and optional Snowing script that can be turned on or off in mission parameters. Stay tuned and check below for a download link once it is finished.

• Like 1

Rekkless,

Your tactical series is magnificent! I went from trying to figure out how to make a MCC template to "being able to play"

please look 3 posts up, The RHS attack helicopters do not set sentry waypoints when placed outside of a zone and then wait until hostile action takes place. Instead, they immediately depart for the zone and patrol. I was wondering if it can be fixed? The Arma 3 attack helicopters when placed act as intended. Thanks again to Shay, Spirit, Rekkless and team for making these great tools so idiots like myself can just play and enjoy.

oh, huge props to the Community team and ACE3 team as well.

War

Rekkless,

Your tactical series is magnificent! I went from trying to figure out how to make a MCC template to "being able to play"

please look 3 posts up, The RHS attack helicopters do not set sentry waypoints when placed outside of a zone and then wait until hostile action takes place. Instead, they immediately depart for the zone and patrol. I was wondering if it can be fixed? The Arma 3 attack helicopters when placed act as intended. Thanks again to Shay, Spirit, Rekkless and team for making these great tools so idiots like myself can just play and enjoy.

oh, huge props to the Community team and ACE3 team as well.

War

Yeah sorry Warleader I forgot to reply to your comment. Honestly I have no idea what causes the issue you have detailed. Rest assured I have noticed it as well. I doubt however it is a MCC issue but more to do with RHS or something unique to both MCC and RHS that isn't present with MCC and Vanilla or other mods.

So I'm sorry to say I quite literally have no solution for you, I'm sure there are work arounds with micro management and manually sending the helicopters away after they have offered support.

Well I will say that I tested it without RHS by using MCC + ACE3 + Massi's vehicle mod and the same thing happens. I also tested with MCC + RHS and then again with MCC + Massi's vehicles and took ACE completely out - same issue.

The good news is there is a work around for realism.......after I decide the attack chopper has completed its run, I make another zone and reassign GAIA and then the chopper leaves. Once it is out of sight, I just delete it through MCC.

Edit: I think, if this is possible, that MCC considers all modded helicopters as transports - therefore they just patrol.

Here you got guys I have just finished putting the finishing touches on my Zeus / MCC Template mission for Chernarus WInter:

Tactical Chernarus Winter:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=547702790

Mission Features:

- Check Mission Parameters to make it snow or not snow.
- 81 player slots spread over 3 factions + Zeus for most missions.
- Admin has option to lock to 1st person only in the mission parameters regardless of game difficulty.
- Initial Spawns are set to random. No need to log in as Zeus for MCC players, initial spawns will be created automatically. Or you can log in as Zeus and set initial spawns the option is left to you.
- All mods and addons allowed. You can run any additional mods you like.
- 60 second Respawn time for infantry, 120 second respawn time for vehicles to punish death a little bit more.
- Mission features US Army and Russian Forces from RHS Escalation and a Independent Faction from Leights OpFor or RHS Escalation depending on the mission.
- Custom GAIA Artificial Intelligence settings to give a good challenge without being overpowered or too stupid.
- Clean User Interface, all unnecessary icons, UI features have been disabled and streamlined for a more slick and immersive experience.
- Full ACE 3, Task Force Arrowhead Radio and ACRE 2 compatibility
- Roles are locked in the lobby screen, only medics can use medkit, only engineers can repair vehicles etc.

Plus much much more.

Required Addons:

Chernarus Winter

All In ArmA Terrain Pack or CUP Terrains
RHS Escalation
Community Based Addons
Mission Control Center Sandbox 4

This is by far my #1 Tools used in both ArmA 3 and ArmA 2, it is essential to me, and my friends. I use this to monitor and administrate and on-the-go-edit my missions on our Dedicated Servers.

Next version is ready just need some testing. If there are volunteers let me know. 

If there are any requests or somethings I forgot let me know.

Here is the future change log:

Change log r18:

-= New IED Mini Game =-
- Added: Mini-game IED disarm, as shown in "keep talking and nobody explodes" game. http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Mini-game_IED

-= New Sectors Modules =-
- Added: Resources capture zones. http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Capture_Zone

-= New Survival system =- 

-= Reworked Fame System =-
- Added: Fame system for purchasing vehicles from kiosks (RTS). Players need to gain enough fame to be able to take global resources to buy vehicles. Commander can still spawn as many vehicle as he want to without the need to gain fame. 
- Added: Items and weapons stored in the Vault (start location box) will be persistent from mission to mission (if iniDB is running on the server) .
- Changed: Fame system, player gain fame by depositing materials, weapons and magazines in the Vault (start location box) when survival mod is and from killing enemies, leading, healing exc. 
- Changed: The vault (shared box) will only be available when survival mod is on
- Fixed: MCC survival option "Search" enabled on ACE even when survival mode disabled. 
- Fixed: Popup error when opening the shared HQ box - vault. 

-= Misc =- 
- Added: Can use MCC interaction while ACE is on - just don't forget to bind it to another key.
- Added: Snow weather effect to MCC atmospheres. 
- Changed: ILS Available to all air vehicles.
- Changed: When placing IEDs MCC will not close the 3d editor so you can place multiple IEDs. 
- Fixed: GAIA doesn't recognize mod vehicles such as RHS helicopters
- Fixed: Double clikck WP in the commander console didn't work
- Fixed: Quick weapon (Shift +1 .... Shift + 4) select always on
- Fixed: While playing with CBA you'll no longer see the change MCC keys - thanks to Sargken.
- Fixed: After a campaign mission has been finished MCC will not delete manned players' vehicles or FOBs.
- Fixed: Lock/unlock door typo
  • Like 2