shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Where in Zeus? I see Lock/unlock.

In Zeus, when you drop the Lock/Unlock on the ground, the pop-up menu is showing "Destroy Lights" : 

Sans%252520titre.png

Sorry i shall have posted a picture before it will have been more helpful.

I got a question : when you use the survival option, is there a way to change the contents of what the player will find by using the "searhcing" option? Or for the modder to know what objects are included in this search? 

I'm working on the survival aspect at the moment and when i'll finish I'll release a Wiki regarding how to customize stuff. To make a long story short every aspect of the survival theme or the RTS can be customized in the mission environment (without unpacking the mod exc). But you'll have to be a little more patience. 

Really sorry to ask this as I found the answers once before when I was playing with MCC over a year ago.  My googlefu must be weak today, and I'm at my wits end so I must ask.

First when I'd die in game I wasn't able to reopen MCC, there was a line of code posted here that you put in the debug field (I believe) that'd you'd execute to enable it.  

Second.  My friend and I want to test ballistics.  To do this easily I was going to use MCC which I've done before, again over a year ago.  When I create a multiplayer no matter the mission when I click "login" after I scroll wheel open MCC it closes for a few seconds, then comes back up on the login screen with no mission maker chosen.  I tried hitting "P" and making myself a commander, not sure it'd matter but I got the same results.  

Thanks for any and all help and I do apologize cause I know it's been asked before, but after 2 hours searching for fixes I had to ask.

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

I have some issue with the SAVE-LOAD function in MCC control window. When i finish my mission and press save to clipboard. I cant "select all" the config in the top window so i could then paste it in the save to profile window. 

I tried CRTL+A also and it doesnt work. I also tried highlighting the text but when it reach the bottom it stops and the text goes out of the window to the right. No way i can drag past my screen edge.

Anybody experience that issue? 

Cheers

Man I can't wait for the survival mode :D You better hurry these guys are getting impatient LOL. Just kidding I just wanted to share this pic just as we were about to start Day 2 of our Survivor campaign.

12188178_10153048180067735_2516754059931

• Like 1

We use the Mission generator with mods without issues. It could be a specific mod but otherwise should work pretty well.

@disssident

Play only vanilla and MCC. I bet your issue will disappear. I always assume mod conflict before asking.

Whenever I have this mod in my addons folder, and I boot up the editor, it takes two full loading screens before I can play. MCC is an awesome mod, but not worth the crazy wait. Hope you can fix that.

Is there a way to change loadouts for the AI recruits on the MCC campaign? They are vanilla units and i want to use RHS units.

You'll probably laugh from my answer but I believe I figured it out - bind the MCC console buttons to something other then Ctrl+Delete. Apparently pressing the delete button when opening MCC deletes the last selected group/unit  :D

Eheheh... It could be really funny... :)

I'll try.... :)

Thank you

Was there a way to delete zones? cant remember. Wiki says no but my memory wants to believe i've done it before.

Was there a way to delete zones? cant remember. Wiki says no but my memory wants to believe i've done it before.

I usually just shrink them to a really small size and move them out of the way.

I'm working on the survival aspect at the moment and when i'll finish I'll release a Wiki regarding how to customize stuff. To make a long story short every aspect of the survival theme or the RTS can be customized in the mission environment (without unpacking the mod exc). But you'll have to be a little more patience. 

This is a wonderful news! Thanks again for all your incredible and amazing work. 

@Rekkless: your team look amazing! I have some questions to ask you, but this is not the right place. Can I contact you elsewhere?

@zafjr

No there is no way to delete zones.

@sillyflip

Run MCC + vanilla Arma only on your machine (no dedicated server) and then see if the issue persist

I've updated the Git dev build if someone want to test some of the new features and give some feed back. 

I've updated the Git dev build if someone want to test some of the new features and give some feed back. 

I will be please to help. Just to be sure: I have to take all file at this address (https://github.com/shaygman/mcc_sandbox_mod) and create a pbo from them?

I got some questions regarding logistic:

+ is it possible to drop directly from the MCC 3D editor in game the crates (fuel, ammo...)? If yes, is there a timer on them? 

+ is it possible to have the costs of each logistic creation? I haven't able to find any information inside the pbo files. 

Many thanks

Created a pbo and put it in arma 3\mpmissions or put the folder (eg. mccsandbox.altis) in documents\arma 3\mpmissions\

Disabled the mod. Loaded the mission.

Tried it but when i spawn IED with minigame as trigger type, no option to defuse comes up/doesnt work (ace/mcc interaction).

I will be please to help. Just to be sure: I have to take all file at this address (https://github.com/shaygman/mcc_sandbox_mod) and create a pbo from them?

I got some questions regarding logistic:

+ is it possible to drop directly from the MCC 3D editor in game the crates (fuel, ammo...)? If yes, is there a timer on them? 

+ is it possible to have the costs of each logistic creation? I haven't able to find any information inside the pbo files. 

Many thanks

Read the wiki people please: http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Logistics  http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Construction

The dev version is a mission not a mod. Just drop it in the MP folder and start the game without the MCC mod. 

@Zafjr did the IED registered on MCC - I mean when you open MCC interface does the object show with a red circle that say "IED". 

• Like 1

Upon spawning it, the IED registers on mcc. After getting close to it though, the IED indicator in mcc dissapears, but the model is still there. Cant disarm it. (this is with trigger= mini game)

If i set the trigger to proximity however, it works. But You can only disarm it the mcc way (holding mcc key) which doesnt require any equipment. Tried disarming with ace (having a defusal kit) and it never disarms.

Read the wiki people please: http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Logistics  http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Construction

The dev version is a mission not a mod. Just drop it in the MP folder and start the game without the MCC mod. 

@Zafjr did the IED registered on MCC - I mean when you open MCC interface does the object show with a red circle that say "IED". 

Thank you for the reply. I did have a look for the construction prices, I was looking mostly for the vehicle store prices in logistics (I might be wrong, but I didn't found them inside the wiki). If they are handled somewhere in the code, I will be please to look at it to find the solution by myself. 

I wanted to add it to the Wiki and i'll do it later. But for now - here how its goes:

MCC scan the config file of the player's faction, sort it out and define the config files. The vehicle cost is taken from the config "cost" value divided by 700 and then 50% of ii is supplies, 30% ammo and 20% fuel. 

You can create your own custom vehicles to buy. You'll have up to 5 arrays for each faction as shown bellow, the array header will always be "MCC_RTS_" then next will be the vehicle type "vehicle" or "tank" or "heli" or "jet" or "ship" then the player's faction "NATO" exc. 

MCC_RTS_vehicle_NATO

MCC_RTS_tank_NATO

MCC_RTS_heli_NATO

MCC_RTS_jet_NATO

MCC_RTS_ship_NATO

In the example a player from the NATO faction will get the vehicles in the array MCC_RTS_tank_NATO when approaching a tank vehicle kiosk. Keep in mind the tank array can contain any vehicles classes even helicopters exc and that the faction name in the array (NATO) referes only to the player and not the vehicle classes inside the array so a NATO player can spawn CSAT vehicles if they defined in the MCC_RTS_vehicle_NATO array.

Inside the array there will be an array for each vehicle containing: [_cfgclass,_vehicleDisplayName,_cost]

_cfgclass: STRING - the vehicle class name

_vehicleDisplayName: STRING - the vehicle display name as it will be shown in the dialog

_cost: INTEGER - the vehicle total cost that will be divided to the 3 basic resources as described above.

At the end it should look something like this in the mission init.sqf file:

MCC_RTS_tank_NATO = [["B_G_Offroad_01_armed_F","Offroad - armed",800],[" B_UGV_01_F","UGV",1200],[" B_MBT_01_TUSK_F","M2A4 –tank",3000]];

There is already a module like this in MCC - it calls the mission generator. Just make a marker over the area and generate a mission without any objectives and without cars, armor exc and with briefing disabled. Then choose if you want to have some IED, SB, armed civilians exc and they will randomly spawn in zone without the briefing and objective exc. 

It will also spawn some infantry but make it an easy mission with 1 player and it will spawn only few soldiers so it isn't a big deal. 

Yeah but this is only for the operation area. I'd like to have IEDs all over the terrain and the best way would be with a Module in the editor. This way I 1. don't need to "spawn" the IEDs every start of a mission and 2. its not only in the operation area and therefore will be a thread even when just driving to the operation area!

IED works now. Awesome. Gonna test it with others later.

- Is there a problem with damage values? or is it because im using ACE? I already set it to deadly.

- You cant use the ACE interaction key to start the defusal minigame. Your probably already going to fix that im guessing.

- In the video you see me placing an ied multiple times. Is there a way for the Mcc IED spawning dialog to remember the settings i last used?if i wanted to link 6 metal drum bombs together, it takes ages because i have to change each setting again. It would also be good to be able to spawn multiple times that same IED with the mcc 3d editor, by ctrl left click or something like that.

Yeah but this is only for the operation area. I'd like to have IEDs all over the terrain and the best way would be with a Module in the editor. This way I 1. don't need to "spawn" the IEDs every start of a mission and 2. its not only in the operation area and therefore will be a thread even when just driving to the operation area!

Spawning IEDs all over the map is too a but resource consuming. Every IED is a trigger. I think the ambient spawn module (spawn stuff only when player is near and delete them after) is a more correct approach. I don't like it, to be honest as I think IEDs shouldn't be spawn everywhere and the should be spawned only on the way to the OA, but if i'll have the time I might add them to the ambient module. 

IED works now. Awesome. Gonna test it with others later.

- Is there a problem with damage values? or is it because im using ACE? I already set it to deadly.

- You cant use the ACE interaction key to start the defusal minigame. Your probably already going to fix that im guessing.

- In the video you see me placing an ied multiple times. Is there a way for the Mcc IED spawning dialog to remember the settings i last used?if i wanted to link 6 metal drum bombs together, it takes ages because i have to change each setting again. It would also be good to be able to spawn multiple times that same IED with the mcc 3d editor, by ctrl left click or something like that.

- If you fail a deadly IED it spawns an explosion - so there are no damage values, try creating a bigger explosion effect.

- ACE interaction isn't available in the mission version, it will be there in the mod version upon realease.

- You got a point there.