shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

@warleader8

By mulltiplayer, do you mean script (mission) version?

Multiplayer I mean the already made multiplayer version that you can download and put in your steam/commom/arma3/MPmission. It works great, but does uses the basic medkits.

If I use the mod version and then just start a game via the template that is included with the mod version, the medical system for some reason does not work. Everything seems fine until you chose to bandage and then when the meter starts to fill up, it closes immediately. You lose a bandage, but you did not make progress on the healing action.

Ultimately, I wish I had the knowledge to use MCC as an editor to set up my own base module. I follow Shay's youtube tutorial and it seems to work, but again, the medical system and VON radio will not work. I got tired of trying, so decided to just use the multiplayer simple version already made for us. I just wish it had the complex medical enabled and VON Radio.

Great mod again....My friends and I really enjoy it.

Thanks

any thoughts of including a survival mode outside of the campaign.

with food and water being an issue? It would be pretty good for missions that last several days (in game) to have to organize food and water. I'm sure it would be pretty easy to port over MREs and water canteens from arma 2 if you didn't feel like designing the items.

Well not in ArmA. In ArmA helicopters wheels are just blocks. -shay_gman

Why must the ILS system be dependent on having moving wheels? (also not necessarily true, load up the AFM and you can ground taxi helicopters with wheels just like an airplane) 

Guess I'll bring this up again because it looks like it got buried XD

We can make mods that cause zombies to crawl out of the ground and get dudes to slide down on ropes out of helicopters, but adding the MCC ILS option to helicopters is impossible because... wheels? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense honestly... especially when the MCC ILS isn't activated by wheels like it is in the USAF pack but by an ACE interaction...

Can someone please enlighten me?

any thoughts of including a survival mode outside of the campaign.

with food and water being an issue? It would be pretty good for missions that last several days (in game) to have to organize food and water. I'm sure it would be pretty easy to port over MREs and water canteens from arma 2 if you didn't feel like designing the items.

There are so many scripts for this - i'm trying to be unique and original in most cases... in the campaign the food should run over time but it is a group effort not a personal thing. But who knows maybe later if i'll have the time. 

Guess I'll bring this up again because it looks like it got buried XD

We can make mods that cause zombies to crawl out of the ground and get dudes to slide down on ropes out of helicopters, but adding the MCC ILS option to helicopters is impossible because... wheels? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense honestly... especially when the MCC ILS isn't activated by wheels like it is in the USAF pack but by an ACE interaction...

Can someone please enlighten me?

Sometimes all you have to do is just say please... 

Playing with SP version and lately, whenever I create a mission, the building a mission screen won't disappear, is there anything I can check on my end to see whats causing this? The mission objectives and everything still function properly but this screen is highly annoying  :blink:

2en6fxg.jpg

@disssident

Play only vanilla and MCC. I bet your issue will disappear. I always assume mod conflict before asking.

Diussident it is a mod conflict, the mission generator is trying to spawn in units for that faction that it cant find. Best things to do is revise your mission parameters or change enemy factions.

For example if you have selected YES for Armour but you are fighting a force that doesn't have tanks and armour you going to have a bad day with this screen.

Sometimes all you have to do is just say please... 

I'm so confused!!! haha I've had so many people tell me it wasn't possible and then my hopes and dreams seems to be dashed when you said it was because the wheels were blocks!

Oh please let us use the ILS function in any aircraft, including helicopters! It would make me the happiest sloth who wears sunglasses in the world!

Multiplayer I mean the already made multiplayer version that you can download and put in your steam/commom/arma3/MPmission. It works great, but does uses the basic medkits.

If I use the mod version and then just start a game via the template that is included with the mod version, the medical system for some reason does not work. Everything seems fine until you chose to bandage and then when the meter starts to fill up, it closes immediately. You lose a bandage, but you did not make progress on the healing action.

Ultimately, I wish I had the knowledge to use MCC as an editor to set up my own base module. I follow Shay's youtube tutorial and it seems to work, but again, the medical system and VON radio will not work. I got tired of trying, so decided to just use the multiplayer simple version already made for us. I just wish it had the complex medical enabled and VON Radio.

Great mod again....My friends and I really enjoy it.

Thanks

Did you try to move while bandaging? this break the bandage process. 

To have the VON module or the medical module all you have to do is place the module (Modules --> MCC) in the 2d editor. Try it on Vanila first and then add mods to see if there is a conflict as I tested both the medical system and the VON on dedicated servers. 

Try consulting the WIKI http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/MCCSandbox_Wiki

Diussident it is a mod conflict, the mission generator is trying to spawn in units for that faction that it cant find. Best things to do is revise your mission parameters or change enemy factions.

For example if you have selected YES for Armour but you are fighting a force that doesn't have tanks and armour you going to have a bad day with this screen.

I agree but if MCC hangs it should be fixed in a way to give a timeout for the while loop. I didn't knew this was the case I'll take a look into it. 

I'm so confused!!! haha I've had so many people tell me it wasn't possible and then my hopes and dreams seems to be dashed when you said it was because the wheels were blocks!

Oh please let us use the ILS function in any aircraft, including helicopters! It would make me the happiest sloth who wears sunglasses in the world!

I already added it after your first post.  :D

Shay,

No I didn't move during the bandage process. The wiki doesn't cover basic set-up for dummies like myself. here is the exact thing I do to replicate.

1. ensure I am using the latest MOD version of MCC

2. open game in multiplayer session

3. start a new editor game and place a unit

4. place a VON MCC module and place the MCC medic module set to complex = yes

save mission  and name it something under user mission

5. exit

6. go into the multiplayer game and once in I copy the full sqm from MCC window

7. alt tab out and delete the contents on the mission file in the folder of my named mission - then paste over it what I copied from MCC

8, make an init.sqf file and copy the script from page 1 of the forums for MCC

9, make a description file and copy in the code for saving and respawn and respawn delay

10. save and then export to multiplayer mission

So I place a blue force down with no weapon and shoot him.....I can see he is injured and when I try to bandage the animation starts and immediately stops. He remains hurt and I lose a bandage.

also, if I use the MCC template from the mod version, and do nothing but start an actual multiplayer game and place a unit the same thing happens.

Thanks shay.

Shay and crew,

I found this on youtube and BAMMM this should end all questions. I wanted to share. Its a great video. Credit goes to the authors of the content and youtube author....I just found it and will watch it, learn, and soon kill multitudes of AI.

Playing with SP version and lately, whenever I create a mission, the building a mission screen won't disappear, is there anything I can check on my end to see whats causing this? The mission objectives and everything still function properly but this screen is highly annoying  :blink:

2en6fxg.jpg

Upload your RTP

I agree but if MCC hangs it should be fixed in a way to give a timeout for the while loop. I didn't knew this was the case I'll take a look into it. 

It's happened to me a few times, it always was caused by a mod incompatibility. Or mod error. Often if we had uploaded a large mod (like RHS or Leights OpFor) to our and there was a small error in the upload we would get that.

Or if we used a faction that didn't have the correct arsenal. But 90% it was a mod problem. We always managed to fix it bey checking the mods people were running and what mods were on teh server.

Here you go guys something we put together in Zeus and MCC. Role Play Zombie Mission.

Everything in the video was dynamically created. We were using 2.6 at the time which caused some technical issues with Zeus. But overall a really immersive and exciting.

Ambient units, GAIA, Zones, Resistance Hostility and more were used.

Hi everyone,

@Reckless : amazing work. Exactly what i'm planning to do with my team. I got some issues between zombies mod and Gaia, but I think I can sort it out by myself. 

I got a question and I was unable to find the answer in the previous pages of this thread: MCC r15 was working perfectly but with r17 I cannot have access to MCC: the MCC key boxes are left blancks, the MCC login is not chekable (I cannot select it neither put some key bining in it) and the other boxes are not showing anything (but the key mapping is correctly working when I look back into r15 mod).

I have tried it with Arma vanilla + CBA + MCC only, and I download the r17 mod from Armaholic and the dropbox links; no change at all so not corrupt versions. I'm alos deleting the previous MCC folder version each time, not trying to replace the current MCC folder, and I do not put anything in the mission folder leaving only the mission.sqm.

Any ideas are welcome, i'm quite stuck on this one. 

EDIT: of course, murphy's law oblige, it is when I do this post that I find the solution: the CBA_A3 is having an issue (I did the tests with versions 1.123150604 and 2.12151016), whenever the priority given to the mods, the MCC is not showing the key binding. I do not know the whole consequences of not using the CBA, any comments are welcome. 

Hi everyone,

@Reckless : amazing work. Exactly what i'm planning to do with my team. I got some issues between zombies mod and Gaia, but I think I can sort it out by myself. 

I got a question and I was unable to find the answer in the previous pages of this thread: MCC r15 was working perfectly but with r17 I cannot have access to MCC: the MCC key boxes are left blancks, the MCC login is not chekable (I cannot select it neither put some key bining in it) and the other boxes are not showing anything (but the key mapping is correctly working when I look back into r15 mod).

I have tried it with Arma vanilla + CBA + MCC only, and I download the r17 mod from Armaholic and the dropbox links; no change at all so not corrupt versions. I'm alos deleting the previous MCC folder version each time, not trying to replace the current MCC folder, and I do not put anything in the mission folder leaving only the mission.sqm.

Any ideas are welcome, i'm quite stuck on this one. 

EDIT: of course, murphy's law oblige, it is when I do this post that I find the solution: the CBA_A3 is having an issue (I did the tests with versions 1.123150604 and 2.12151016), whenever the priority given to the mods, the MCC is not showing the key binding. I do not know the whole consequences of not using the CBA, any comments are welcome. 

You have an old version of CBA? The MCC Key Bindings are set now in controls configuration. Esc>Configure>Controls>Configure Addons

You have an old version of CBA? The MCC Key Bindings are set now in controls configuration. Esc>Configure>Controls>Configure Addons

man, you've just save my day! Thanks for the tip, seems I haven't been around for a looong time.

Many many thanks. Question BTW: how is the survival mod inside MCC working? I'm not using the role but I was planning to have a loot/scavenger system. Does anyone using something similar?

Rekkless,

I posted to your other forum at https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/179749-tactical-map-pack-the-ultimate-zeus-mcc-template-missions-rhs-version-11/page-2#entry2929112with a question. There hasn't been much activity over there since 9 OCT, so I just wanted to post here. It is about MCC and your Tactical maps with ACE3. Thanks Rekkless : )

Sound really great ! 

Bug to report*: error in name "MCC/Door locking/Unlocking" in Zeus : name display "Destroy Lights" instead of "Lock/Unlock"

*is it the right place I shall report bugs?

Hey Shay,

the little tease looks so cool. The Mini game sounds so much like "keep talking and nobody explodes!" xD

I have a little request, but I don't know if that fits in your concept so just gimme a little reaction. 
We love to play on Middle Eastern maps. We use Ace, MCC and Alive in combination. Since we are in Middle Eastern settings we love to have IEDs laying around.
ON our standard map we use to play (with MCC mission generator) we use the IED Module from Alive to have randomly spawning IEDs on the terrain. This has two major flaws to me: 1. The IEDs are not Ace compatible and they are primitiv. you scroll on them and defuse them or you get a stupid "mini game" with a 50/50 chance (luck) that you explode and 2. They only spawn in and around Towns. 

So my actual question: Could you consider having a editor module that spawns randomly placed IEDs, VBIEDs and Suicide Bomber compatible with ACE?

Thanks for your hard work. You brought us some awesome gaming hours. ^^
Many Greetings
Moony  

@Moon_chilD

You bring up a good point. A lot of MCC mission editing must be done in game (for example IED setup), unless of course you call the functions within the editor. Of course you can save the mission SQM, but that doesn't keep everything you do in MCC.

Eden is suppose to be modable, might be interesting to see some MCC stuff being modded into Eden.

Sound really great ! 

Bug to report*: error in name "MCC/Door locking/Unlocking" in Zeus : name display "Destroy Lights" instead of "Lock/Unlock"

*is it the right place I shall report bugs?

Where in Zeus? I see Lock/unlock.

Hey Shay,

the little tease looks so cool. The Mini game sounds so much like "keep talking and nobody explodes!" xD

I have a little request, but I don't know if that fits in your concept so just gimme a little reaction. 

We love to play on Middle Eastern maps. We use Ace, MCC and Alive in combination. Since we are in Middle Eastern settings we love to have IEDs laying around.

ON our standard map we use to play (with MCC mission generator) we use the IED Module from Alive to have randomly spawning IEDs on the terrain. This has two major flaws to me: 1. The IEDs are not Ace compatible and they are primitiv. you scroll on them and defuse them or you get a stupid "mini game" with a 50/50 chance (luck) that you explode and 2. They only spawn in and around Towns. 

So my actual question: Could you consider having a editor module that spawns randomly placed IEDs, VBIEDs and Suicide Bomber compatible with ACE?

Thanks for your hard work. You brought us some awesome gaming hours. ^^

Many Greetings

Moony  

There is already a module like this in MCC - it calls the mission generator. Just make a marker over the area and generate a mission without any objectives and without cars, armor exc and with briefing disabled. Then choose if you want to have some IED, SB, armed civilians exc and they will randomly spawn in zone without the briefing and objective exc. 

It will also spawn some infantry but make it an easy mission with 1 player and it will spawn only few soldiers so it isn't a big deal. 

@Moon_chilD

You bring up a good point. A lot of MCC mission editing must be done in game (for example IED setup), unless of course you call the functions within the editor. Of course you can save the mission SQM, but that doesn't keep everything you do in MCC.

Eden is suppose to be modable, might be interesting to see some MCC stuff being modded into Eden.

Alll of the mission editing is done in game - but you can save it to profile and load it. MCC and Eden will most likely have nothing in common just as the 2D editor as they aim to completely different scopes. MCC is real time macro management - mission creating and handling and Eden is not real time micro management editor.

So if you want to place a specific unit on a specific roof, holding specific weapon exc I would suggest use Eden or Zeus. 

If you want to say - I wan some units on rooftops in that village, surprise me where - use MCC.