shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

@123nick

No problems with ACE or ASR. Actually, MCC will detect ACE, and will use the ACE menu instead of MCC's menu. Pretty neat huh!

Any chance of a GAIA standalone update? 

Probably not, but I have updated the standalone myself with the newest version from MCC (to be honest, not much has changed). If spirit and shay_gman don't mind, I can easily post my updated standalone version, but it is really up to them. Otherwise, you literally just lift it out of MCC.

GAIA hasn't been updated so it doesn't matter if lift it up from the latest MCC version or use the one in GAIA stand alone. 

What would be neat, is like when you do a hostage rescue mission, when you generate a kill the HVT mission it actually chooses a HVT from the side your playing against - not just a CSAT/AAF/NATO one. When you do a rescue mission it chooses a unit from the side your playing as.

It doesn't?! I though it did. Maybe for next update. 

Hello,

I really like some functions of this addnon, but it feels kinda overstuffed with features, which is not bad, but I would like to have something more Mission maker only oriented. I like the features which have been added to zeus, I really like them a lot, is there any possibility, you cold strip addon of the player interaction (players will not really now there is an mcc) and leave the zeus functionality ? It would really be awesome.

I really like the mission maker features, but some of this stuff interferes with mission making workflow (only ONE zeus, players haveing keybinded stuff, if you already have vanilla zeus you cannot use mcc preoprely, interfering with zeuse's TaskForceRadio interface in zeus entity)

PS: I know majority of the things could be turned off, but there is still som stuff present, like support for only ONE zeus and players will always have binded shift+4 for IED touch off.

Everything in MCC can't be set off to a place where the player can't even know MCC is running - apart from the syncing with server message - oh wait... this can be disabled too. 

If you didn't disable all you must have done something wrong or it is a bug. BTW you can have as many Zeus as you want but only the person logged to MCC will have the MCC Zeus. 

Why is the ILS module only linked to airplanes? Helicopters can fly ILS approaches too...

I should know... I fly them all the time in helicopters for real...

Well not in ArmA. In ArmA helicopters wheels are just blocks. 

EDIT: Hi-jacking is working, but shay_gman you should add a check that if you select hi-jack, but you didn't select a  unit in that group, then it should automatically hi-jack the leader of the group.

ATM, if you select a group and you select hi-jack, it just hi-jacks your player (thus adding another MCC action menu)

Original message

Is hi-jacking a grouping working for you guys?

Even playing with just vanilla + MCC, it rarely works. Most times, it just makes the swoosh sound and then adds another MCC action menu item to my current player unit.

In addition. I know this has been asked before, but is there away to hide ambush and ied markers for the game master?

Not a big thing i'll get to it if i'll have the time. You shouldn't see MCC markers on the map only in MCC interface. 

does this have any incompatibilitys with ACE or ASR? apparently, this mod changes AI, and ASR changes AI, and although the changes seem the same, if i want to use ASR, can i use it with MCC? also, with the ACE medical system, will it conflict with the medical system of MCC?  if i dont place the modules, will they just not enable? and with the AI, how can i disable that?

As said yes just make sure to turn off features you get from other modules - as don't turn on MCC medic if you are using ACE and turn off MCC smoke if you are using ASR

I really liked being able tell civilian/enemies to surrender especially after a successful assault on an outpost, and with the earlier way all i had to do was point in their general direction and press the Mcc interaction key. Now with ace, you have to make sure the ai isnt moving and get close to him in order to get him to surrender. Is it possible to have both available at the same time? I like being able to shout "get down" from afar while the ai is trying to run away (which is the usual case). So what im saying is, while ace is enabled, can we have a shout key to get those far away running ai to surrender? So that enemies or civilians not close to you, or are on the other side of an obstacle or wall can be coerced to surrender. While also keeping the ace interations options you added which are great btw. 

Also you havent replied to my pm :p

Well not in ArmA. In ArmA helicopters wheels are just blocks. 

Why must the ILS system be dependent on having moving wheels? (also not necessarily true, load up the AFM and you can ground taxi helicopters with wheels just like an airplane) 

thanks for the reply, another question: is there any way to set up MCC GAIA factions, and units, and zones, in the editor ,without playing first? its probably something obvious, but i cant find it so :( . also, any other conflicting modules to worry about when using ACE/ASR?

@zafjr

I got the perfect thing for you. My old clan had the same issue with trying to tell civilians to halt, but having to basically chase them down. Made a mission side script that will give you an ACE menu called Commands, which you can tell civilians to either: halt, get down, or run away. It uses all ACE commands, and uses the Speaker icon from MCC. So you need both installed. If you want it, let me know.

@123nick

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26782

Checkout the sample mission, it will answer all your questions.

@shay_gman

Not a big thing i'll get to it if i'll have the time. You shouldn't see MCC markers on the map only in MCC interface. 

About the markers, yeah I do see them on the map, I meant the MCC interface. I use the interface like a better version of High Command. So if I generate a mission, and decide to play it, the markers kind ruin the surprise lol. Not a big deal, I can just edit the scripts to place markers that have 0 alpha.

@zafjr

I got the perfect thing for you. My old clan had the same issue with trying to tell civilians to halt, but having to basically chase them down. Made a mission side script that will give you an ACE menu called Commands, which you can tell civilians to either: halt, get down, or run away. It uses all ACE commands, and uses the Speaker icon from MCC. So you need both installed. If you want it, let me know.

@123nick

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26782

Checkout the sample mission, it will answer all your questions.

@shay_gman

About the markers, yeah I don' see them on the map, I meant the MCC interface. I use the interface like a better version of High Command. So if I generate a mission, and decide to play it, the markers kind ruin the surprise lol. Not a big deal, I can just edit the scripts to place markers that have 0 alpha.

thank you sooooo much for the help so far! just one more question: i assume gaia zones are the zones you can set with the marker tool, in the editor? also, is there a option somewhere that disables markers? because im in the editor and i dont see the markers, or the zones. i also only see markers in play, not any zones.

@123nick

You are correct, MCC zones are just square markers. In the editor you can only see markers if you have the marker tool selected. 

@zafjr

About the markers, yeah I do see them on the map, I meant the MCC interface. I use the interface like a better version of High Command. So if I generate a mission, and decide to play it, the markers kind ruin the surprise lol. Not a big deal, I can just edit the scripts to place markers that have 0 alpha.

There is your problem there. You shouldn't use the mcc interface as high command. Before the mission starts at everything you need up. Cas, supply drops, renforcements for the enemy, everything the mission need. Then log in as the commander and use the commanders tablet. You can't remove ieds from the mcc interface incase you want to remove it or move it. The mcc interface should be used as a minimum during the mission and the commanders tablet instead.

@zafjr

:o Give. That means i have to put it in all missions including the ones i downloaded right?

Hello, 

I'll reply all in time - sorry for being short - a lot on my plate right now. 

Rekkles is right - the scope of MCC is not micro management - use Zeus for that, MCC adds some features to Zeus but still the main idea is to create a whole mission in a matter of minutes and play with you friends and open MCC console again only if you need to.

Use the commander tablet or the SQL PDA yourself or let another player have it and use it. They will only see units they have control over. 

I've took the time to fix some stuff last night so I've added the MCC interaction while ACE is on so u can have both - you can shout on AI or quickly move to a position in a vehicle exc - just don't forget to bind it to another key. 

I'll release an update soon. 

Zafjr I can't find your PM please re-send it. 

BTW i've took the time to add a new entry to MCC Wiki for mission maker - Dynamic Dialogs:

http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Dynamic_Dialogs

@rekkless

Can you change the type of waypoint using the Commander Tablet (or whatever it is called)?

In MCC interface I can add different waypoints, like search and destroy. I can also do this using vanilla High Command, although with a lot less functionality. I could not find away to do it with the Commander Tablet. ATM, if I am playing SP as a commander, the MCC interface gives me the best options and control over AI groups.

@rekkless

Can you change the type of waypoint using the Commander Tablet (or whatever it is called)?

In MCC interface I can add different waypoints, like search and destroy. I can also do this using vanilla High Command, although with a lot less functionality. I could not find away to do it with the Commander Tablet. ATM, if I am playing SP as a commander, the MCC interface gives me the best options and control over AI groups.

I really have to finish off my MCC Tutorial Videos, it would so much easier just to show you a video.

The idea of search and distroy and all those way points are more for a Full time game master, or at least that is what I use them for. What you ideally want to do is set up Zone and spawn ai inside those zone and give them their ai behavior like Agressive (they will leave the zone) defensive (They will patrol but stay inside the zone) and fortiy (they will go into buildings and turtle). Give the AI to GAIA she knows how to command the AI very well. Use the mission generator to get things going then after it is finished building make a few zones outside the major AO and spawn in some AI.

Anyway here are a couple of videos that should give you some ideas and keep you away from using the MCC interface all the time spoiling your mission

and seeing much of this in action, you can see just how little I actually use the MCC interface. And how little I know of what is actually coming up ahead.

@rekkless

Yeah mate, I'm trying to use MCC beyond the mission maker design. Basically, I'm using it as a better version of High Commander.

@shay_gman

Any plans to make the RTS feature include advance waypoints like the interface?

@rekkless

Great videos as usual.

@stcrowe

As rekkless wrote in my opinion it is better to spawn some zones, AI, IEDs exc in the begging of the mission and let the mission roll with a few reinforcement call now and there.

Regarding the Commander Interface, it's hold all the functionality as the main MCC interface and more - please read the Wiki before asking here as I can't answer everyone individuality 

Check it out here: http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Commander_Console

Regarding the RTS. You can assign most of the WP by context of the object you are clicking on: click on an empty building the units will garrison it. Click on an empty vehicle the units will get in and drive it. Click on a manned vehicle the units will get in as cargo. Click on an enemy unit the units will attack it exc. Wiki will be here soon. 

After reading the wiki (which i've read in the past), I was like, "Why can't I get the waypoint dialog to appear in the Commander - Console". I could set Move waypoints, but that was it. Found out by testing that there was a setting in the MCC module.

@rekkless

Thanks for the videos. I've actually seen your channel before. Great job!

What exactly is the "unexpected behavior" if only the mission maker is running MCC? Would really like to trial it on a mission without forcing everyone to download it.

What exactly is the "unexpected behavior" if only the mission maker is running MCC? Would really like to trial it on a mission without forcing everyone to download it.

16mb is too big for your friends to download?

@alexcroox

You can run most of MCC as script version only. I do it all the time. Either download one of the templates that shay_gman provides, or just unpack the pbo and place the files in your mission folder.

You might need to tinker with the init file a bit, but its not too difficult.

I searched around but found no answer, I was wondering if anyone knew why my MCC mission generator covers my MCC zone with a dark square like in my picture? I can't see any of the details or buildings in the zone unless I squint really hardavWZTsO.jpg

I can't reproduce it - try with out ASR and tell me if u get the same results - BTW this is the reason the HVT mission is auto-completed.

@shay_gman

we tried to don't use the ASR mod and it seems working.

So I've asked to the ASR mod author what he's thinking about this and you'll find here his reply.

Do you think it's possible to give him a reply to his answer?

Or is it possible to write it down here and I'll report to Robalo?

Now, there isn't any mod Vs mod ...so please take my actions in the right way.

I'd like just to use both of them because I consider them 2 great mod and I'd like to find the right way to use together.

Thanks in advance for your patience. :)

@alexcroox

You can run most of MCC as script version only. I do it all the time. Either download one of the templates that shay_gman provides, or just unpack the pbo and place the files in your mission folder.

You might need to tinker with the init file a bit, but its not too difficult.

I'll just answer both of you: there is a big difference between running the mission version to running the mod version on the mission maker PC. Running the mission version make sure all the clients/server will have the same files as the mission is downloaded by all clients before mission start. When playing where the mission maker is the only one running MCC you'll basically won't have access because MCC need to be run on the server to work - it isn't a cheat tool. On the slime chance that the mission maker and the server are running MCC (or the mission maker is the server) you'll probably encounter locality issue while some functions of MCC sometimes ask the clients call for scripts that supposed to be local to them - once a client don't have MCC he will end up getting an error or not getting the expected behavior and you'll end up here in the forum complaining about it.

I can't even begin to explain how much I'm annoyed with that repetive question - "can I run MCC if my friend don't run it?" and my answer is always the same - "would you run any other mod - like a gun mod if your friends don't have it?" they will end up looking at you holding invisable gun shooting invisable bullets. 

Regarding choosing the mission version over the mod version - it is a matter of taste, i'll always say go for the mod version as some things cannot be achieved in a mission version aka cfgVehicles and full ACE compatibility,. 

I searched around but found no answer, I was wondering if anyone knew why my MCC mission generator covers my MCC zone with a dark square like in my picture? I can't see any of the details or buildings in the zone unless I squint really hard

What version are you playing? you shouldn't even have the markers on the map if you updated MCC in the last 6 months or more. 

@shay_gman

we tried to don't use the ASR mod and it seems working.

So I've asked to the ASR mod author what he's thinking about this and you'll find here his reply.

Do you think it's possible to give him a reply to his answer?

Or is it possible to write it down here and I'll report to Robalo?

Now, there isn't any mod Vs mod ...so please take my actions in the right way.

I'd like just to use both of them because I consider them 2 great mod and I'd like to find the right way to use together.

Thanks in advance for your patience. :)

You'll probably laugh from my answer but I believe I figured it out - bind the MCC console buttons to something other then Ctrl+Delete. Apparently pressing the delete button when opening MCC deletes the last selected group/unit  :D

Thank you for the response.

The reason I ask is because we trailed it about 7 months ago and it brought our servers to it's knees and had all sorts of issues without spawning much in. As such it would be more difficult for me to get it added to our modpack without being able to trial it first. I was asking if it can be run without others using it is because I'm used to mission maker mods like @Ares and other debug menus that only the mission maker needs to run. I understand MCC is far more complex and advanced, I was just curious to know if the basic zones/spawning of units could be done with just a relationship between the server and mission maker both running the mod. Appreciate the extra info though thank you.

What version are you playing? you shouldn't even have the markers on the map if you updated MCC in the last 6 months or more. 

i thought it was the current version. I usually let PW6 handle all of my updates. On PW6 it says its version 0.4.17. To make sure, I downloaded the latest version on armaholic and replaced all the MCC files I have currently with the newly downloaded files but the issue seems to persist.

Hello Shay and Team - first, your work has kept Arma 3 alive for me. This kind of stuff is what the developers should already include.

Question if I may. I do not design missions, and do not really understand the scope of it, so thank goodness for your multiplayer version, so I can just jump in. However, how can I alter the multiplayer version to use the medical complex system?

I have tried everything from using the mod version, placing the medical module with complex set to YES and copying the Init from the first page, but it does not seem to work - when you start to apply a bandage the character just stops immediately. The bandage is used up, but no medical aid is rendered.

I would prefer just to not have the basic medical kits for all Soldiers when they start b/c they can bypass using the interaction when you have the ARMA 3 basic kit. Is there a way I can just alter multiplayer version to change that?

*** secondary request would be adding the VON radio to the multiplayer version, but medical is highest priority.

Thanks all, and forgive my severe lack of mission making knowledge.

Philip