shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

I really hope that hasn't been asked before. 

I'd like to use the Ambient Unit module. Now I want to use it to have Civilians in Cities and Military Units in Army Bases. The problem is, at least for Civilian, they also spawn in Military Bases. I really want to restrict them to spawn in designated areas. 
Is there a way to restrict the spawning of Units in a marked area or tell the module where to spawn the units (by Marker or Trigger)? I tried the restricted area module but it didn't really did the job!

Edit: Also I encountered a Problem. I try to build a structure with fences at the moment. I tried it with "Pipe Fences (Long)" since they fit my needs the best. I place them with Zeus and try then to safe the mission via MCC (like I've done many times before) the problem is...it just does not safe the mission. Without these fences it works fine! (I only have some container in the mission and it safes the container without the fences with no problem)
What can I do?

Edit 2: Okay, this seems to have something to do with the script I put into its init box. this is the line:

_this setDir 116.85; _this enableSimulation false; _this setpos [getpos _this select 0, getpos _this select 1, +2.60]

?!

Is it an item again? Not a 'role'? Can you provide a class name for that?

No, it's still a role, but the "P" button is functional again so the role can be selected.

Sorry for getting your hopes up.

Hey guys!

I'd like a little step-to-step help on setting up Headless Client for MCC. I've read a ton of post, but for me the most difficult part is setting up the functions. I'd really som help ASAP. Thank you in advance.

Hi there everyone, small issue I hope someone can address. When trying to bind the interaction key it doesn't save, when double clicking the "click to bind" area, it crashes with an access violation..

any ideas? 

Hello MCC Dev Team, is there any way you can make the environment storm brushes come in more gradual like in real life rather than immediate?

@shay_gman

I'm sorry to bump again on this matter but I've to show you 4 video with 4 HVT Suicide (or at least an "auto complete task").

If you can, visit my twitch page http://www.twitch.tv/marcatore78 and you'll have  a demo of what is happening.

Here the direct links (Sorry for the low quality, but it should be enough to understand what is going on)

HVT Suicide 1 -> 5min40sec

HVT Suicide 2 -> at 20min27sec HVT is still alive, then I close the console, at 20min31sec I open it and HVT is already gone... If you check some minutes before his death, it seems that a CSAT S&D command some seconds before kill the HVT

HVT Suicide 3 -> at 4min56sec  someone start to fire against the HVT killing him. here I've forgot to change the opposite faction and I've kept the Blufor... in any case the same behaviour. At 4min26sec there are 2 civilians spawned but one of them is already dead. I don't know if it's normal, Just to report to you.

HVT Suicide 4 -> at 16min30sec HVT walk inside an house. at 17min24sec  the "kill HVT" is automatically done. at 17min38sec you can see that the HVT is disappeared.

Unfortunately I can't show the units disappearing...I hope to show you as soon as I can replicate it.

@MCC Devs

Great job on an outstanding job developing what I think is the best add on for the game. I have a couple of questions I hope you guys can answer.

1) I like the RTS concept of gameplay, but I have no knowledge on how it works nor to start it? Is there a video or anything that can help?

2) Is it possible to create a RTS style match where both teams are building bases and once ready, capture zones and a team wins via a implemented point system? And if so, is it possible for  1 or more teams to be AI controlled for single player or COOP teams?

Outstanding mod, was wondering if the "join group" button allows AI groups to join player controlled groups. I've tried to several times to have an M1 or mortar group join my group but after I select both groups and hit join group, it just continues to flash.

You first have to choose the group you want to join with press join then click on the group u want to join to...

Funny, I reported these two issues, but I forgot the most frustrating one. :)

So, we are playing a campaign. 

When a mission ends, after some minutes most of the stuff from the finished mission gets deleted. The problem is that not only those stuffs. Even the car/helicopter disappears in what we came. Even when we sit in it... 

Imagine how fun, that you exfil after a mission well done, and suddenly the chopper disappears under you midair. Or the car, and you find yourself speeding 60 km/h on your ass ;) It hurts :)

Is it possible to make only the generated stuff to disappear? Or at least to spare those vehicles that have players in them? :)

Thank you!

Isn't it fun?

Well I don't want to delete anything that spawned in the area as the players might want to take some war loot with them. I'll try to be more careful with it and maybe only delete if no player in sight. 

@shay_gman

after the last version update (r16 and next hotfixes) we're experiencing some problem.

Aside the already different numbers of unity placed as CQB, we had in the past 2 clan events that some units disappeared after some minutes after the mission generation (I can't , at the moment, be more precise in term of time range because I didn't check it, the units were created and when we were near the hot zone we didn't see anyone and checked with the MCC console I saw that most of the half of the units disappeared).

We also had the problem that the target to kill HVT was resolved by itself after some minutes.

I don't know if it's related with the units disappearing. Just to report what we had.

You say that you didn't touch anything at the mission generation code and obviously I believe this but in any  case I haven't the same experience as the previous version.

Just to report some further infos we use ASR, ACE, ACRE2, CBA.

Thanks in advance.

I can't reproduce it - try with out ASR and tell me if u get the same results - BTW this is the reason the HVT mission is auto-completed.

Variable '_this does not support serialization.

Call 'disableSerialization' in the current script

(maybe 'MCC_fnc_boxMakeWeaponsArray') if you need to use it.

I'm sorry, i'm new to the "mod universe" and i got this error every first time i open the cargobox on my base (mcc campaign).

Sorry my bad english.

Yeahh I will give the person that would find the serialization a place of honor in MCC (maybe i'll rename some suicidal bomber after him) if he will find where it comes from - I've tried disabling serialization in every code snipest leading to it but still can't find it. 

The good news are you only need to see it once in a game. 

I'd like to use the Ambient Unit module. Now I want to use it to have Civilians in Cities and Military Units in Army Bases. The problem is, at least for Civilian, they also spawn in Military Bases. I really want to restrict them to spawn in designated areas. 

Is there a way to restrict the spawning of Units in a marked area or tell the module where to spawn the units (by Marker or Trigger)? I tried the restricted area module but it didn't really did the job!

Edit: Also I encountered a Problem. I try to build a structure with fences at the moment. I tried it with "Pipe Fences (Long)" since they fit my needs the best. I place them with Zeus and try then to safe the mission via MCC (like I've done many times before) the problem is...it just does not safe the mission. Without these fences it works fine! (I only have some container in the mission and it safes the container without the fences with no problem)

What can I do?

Edit 2: Okay, this seems to have something to do with the script I put into its init box. this is the line:

_this setDir 116.85; _this enableSimulation false; _this setpos [getpos _this select 0, getpos _this select 1, +2.60]

I'm afraid your request about military structures and civilian structures cannot be implemented without hard codding - which I don't like. The reason is that there isn't a define value for military structures just as there isn't for civilian structures. So I can only implement it to vanila buildings and only by class name which can lead to strange results in modded environment as each developer can give his buildings whatever class name he want. 

Regarding the error I would drop semicolons (;) at the begging and end of the statement. 

Hey guys!

I'd like a little step-to-step help on setting up Headless Client for MCC. I've read a ton of post, but for me the most difficult part is setting up the functions. I'd really som help ASAP. Thank you in advance.

MCC is HC ready - if you set it up it will automatically spawn the HC module on any mission and work with it. 

Hi there everyone, small issue I hope someone can address. When trying to bind the interaction key it doesn't save, when double clicking the "click to bind" area, it crashes with an access violation..

any ideas? 

I recommend using CBA and the addons key-binds under controls. Setting key-binds otherwise might cause CTD on some clients. 

Hello MCC Dev Team, is there any way you can make the environment storm brushes come in more gradual like in real life rather than immediate?

It is a bit tricky as it is not actual weather and needed to be scripted all the way - maybe if we'll have the mood and time. 

@MCC Devs

Great job on an outstanding job developing what I think is the best add on for the game. I have a couple of questions I hope you guys can answer.

1) I like the RTS concept of gameplay, but I have no knowledge on how it works nor to start it? Is there a video or anything that can help?

2) Is it possible to create a RTS style match where both teams are building bases and once ready, capture zones and a team wins via a implemented point system? And if so, is it possible for  1 or more teams to be AI controlled for single player or COOP teams?

1. I'm trying to get to WIKI to shade some light regarding how to use and configure the RTS but in quick: Make a starting area from MCC, assign some player as the commander from the squad dialog (default P key) open the commander console (Ctrl + Delete) and press the F5 button on the console (Not on your keyboard) to access it, 

2. Yes but it's a bit different the "rival players faction" getting resources by preventing the main player faction from succeeding objectives and from killing players from the main faction. The rival players faction can be the same as the AI hostile faction or different so you can have 3v3 kind of battle. So far there is no AI commander that builds buildings exc and the only way to win is by completing all the missions or loosing by bleeding all the tickets. 

What can I do?

Use ALiVE. You can define blacklists and certain areas where you want any units (by faction name or classname) in areas designated by markers. Works very well. You can even define how many units are spawned in the areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found this on the interwebz. Would this work with MCC?

https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/33q838/simple_headless_client_script/

EDIT:

I forgot to mention, if I spawn AI in a zone to the headless client, the AI either:

- won't get any waypoints, just standing there

- gets waypoints, strats patrolling, but the also get a random formation

If i try to change the formation with zeus, nothing happens, they stay at that formation. Also they won't listen to stance change orders.

ASR AI is running on the server. Here's the modlist that is active:

@CBA_A3;@ace;@task_force_radio;@cTab;@Optika;@ASR_AI3;@RHS_Escalation;@RAM;@hlcmods;@LOP;@HiddenIdentityPackV2;@ATM_Altimeter;@Burnes_M1A2@Grace_Sway;@JS_JC_FA18;@mine_detector;@mrb_a3_voicestop;@sthud;@SUPER_flash;@tf47_launchers;@TMP;@MELB;@st_map_gestures;@cTab;@Optika

Some mods are custom named.

I originally posted this in the steam workshop but it occured to me this is likely a better place to post.

-------------------------------

Trying out the new campaign mode and I am having a couple issues.

First one, some of the objectives like "destroy the artillery" use vanilla content no matter if you have selected another enemy faction to use in the campaign. Well this is not an issue all the time, if you are using RHS weapons / vehicles and are faced against vanilla armor / self-propelled artillery... it is nearly invincible. Would it be at all possible to have objective use faction specific vehicles?

Second, sometimes the campaign seems to struggle generating new missions... when it fails it brings up the "mission complete" overlay. I am not sure exactly what triggers it to do this... but it is very random.

Guys i've updated MCC - just a small one. 

Get the files from the first post please

Change log r17:
- Fixed: Convoy didn't worked on dedicated server.
- Fixed - MCC ammobox items didn't show up on ACE. 
- Fixed - Resource module's names vice versa. 

- Fixed - Limiting the number of kits per squad didn't worked in Role Selection
  • Like 1

Any chance of a GAIA standalone update? 

Probably not, but I have updated the standalone myself with the newest version from MCC (to be honest, not much has changed). If spirit and shay_gman don't mind, I can easily post my updated standalone version, but it is really up to them. Otherwise, you literally just lift it out of MCC.

What would be neat, is like when you do a hostage rescue mission, when you generate a kill the HVT mission it actually chooses a HVT from the side your playing against - not just a CSAT/AAF/NATO one. When you do a rescue mission it chooses a unit from the side your playing as.

Hello,

i have a sound problem with MCC, then MCC is active i can only hear the automatic fire shot :/

And then the MCC is deactivate i can hear all fire sound ...

Any idea ?

Thanks

Hello,

I really like some functions of this addnon, but it feels kinda overstuffed with features, which is not bad, but I would like to have something more Mission maker only oriented. I like the features which have been added to zeus, I really like them a lot, is there any possibility, you cold strip addon of the player interaction (players will not really now there is an mcc) and leave the zeus functionality ? It would really be awesome.

I really like the mission maker features, but some of this stuff interferes with mission making workflow (only ONE zeus, players haveing keybinded stuff, if you already have vanilla zeus you cannot use mcc preoprely, interfering with zeuse's TaskForceRadio interface in zeus entity)

PS: I know majority of the things could be turned off, but there is still som stuff present, like support for only ONE zeus and players will always have binded shift+4 for IED touch off.

Hi, is there a way that zeus as entity could use the MCC modules? Because the modules are only working when i go from player to zeus mod only.

Thx for answer 

Why is the ILS module only linked to airplanes? Helicopters can fly ILS approaches too...

I should know... I fly them all the time in helicopters for real...

• Like 1

I wonder what the possibility of putting some form of this bomb defusal game http://www.keeptalkinggame.com/ in arma is.

could be something like an improvement on this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24777 (defuse bomb script)

having a bomb and a computer terminal in separate areas. activating either starts a quick countdown like 2 minutes or so. computer will give out a code and has to be relayed to the defuser, as soon as the defuser inputs the code to the bomb, the computer gives out the next code, and so on, until 5 different codes have been entered. So it requires at least 2 people. Otherwise you can try and guess which wires to cut.

Great update, playing around with the new features. Great to see convoys working again.

Here you go guys a sneak peek of a MCC Mission we did earlier this week.
Using the ambient mod, one of the MCC image filters, GAIA on some of the Zombies using the Tactical Proving Grounds Mission

EDIT: Hi-jacking is working, but shay_gman you should add a check that if you select hi-jack, but you didn't select a  unit in that group, then it should automatically hi-jack the leader of the group.

ATM, if you select a group and you select hi-jack, it just hi-jacks your player (thus adding another MCC action menu)

Original message

Is hi-jacking a grouping working for you guys?

Even playing with just vanilla + MCC, it rarely works. Most times, it just makes the swoosh sound and then adds another MCC action menu item to my current player unit.

In addition. I know this has been asked before, but is there away to hide ambush and ied markers for the game master?

does this have any incompatibilitys with ACE or ASR? apparently, this mod changes AI, and ASR changes AI, and although the changes seem the same, if i want to use ASR, can i use it with MCC? also, with the ACE medical system, will it conflict with the medical system of MCC?  if i dont place the modules, will they just not enable? and with the AI, how can i disable that?