shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

>My issue is that after a random amount of time normally after an hour of being in the game, I lose access to MCC, it is not in my scroll menu leaving me with no way of adding or removing stuff or ending the mission.

I believe the default hot key is ctrl-del - or look it up in options/controls/addons/mcc.

I've been able to access it that way even after it's disappeared from the action menu.

@shay

I'd suggest a button in the esc-menu (similar to ace and rhs buttons) that has the same effect as the mcc action menu.

This would allow unbinding the keys rather than deconflicting them - and no need to remember them.

At that point you could perhaps follow up by removing it from the action menu, decluttering it further - though given how it gives itself low priority (so is nearly always at the bottom) it's not a thing that needs doing.

>I lose access to Zeus too

Was there a respawn involved here?

Logging out and back in to zeus has fixed this for me every time.

• Like 1

It sounds like you did not have MCC installed, just your buddy. If that is the case load MCC on your side as well. That might be your issue. I believe with MCC all players and server need MCC running. So even if you have a dedicated server you need MCC loaded on it and all clients.

Thanks for getting back at me shay.

The thing is that my buddy has MCC installed.

We have the same mods enabled. Even the same versions.

We tried to get the mission running for 2,5h and checked very careful what could cause this.

But maybe it has to do with the Zombies & Demons Mods.

I will try to the same setup again but instead of Zs in a Zone I will use Opfor and see if the same error occurs.

I really like your Mod - Its all I could wish for. It is so much fun and I hope I can use it in coop mode.

I get back here when I have results...

It sounds like you did not have MCC installed, just your buddy. If that is the case load MCC on your side as well. That might be your issue. I believe with MCC all players and server need MCC running. So even if you have a dedicated server you need MCC loaded on it and all clients.

Nop, got exactly the same issue yesterday and all of my team mate & server had the MCC running. The issue appeared with the last MCC build.

Hi guys. 

ATM i'm aware of a login bug which I'll fix ASAP with the kind help of Rekkless's server.

I'm also aware of the MCC Zeus module bug which is taken care of. 

I don't aware of any other bugs so please in-light me. 

Now I re-read some of the previous post so I'm not sure what you meant by the mcc zeus module bug - so I write mine down just to be sure :)

I found that when use my mission on dedicated server, the mcc modules does not work. I can put them down, but no dialog appears. (For example, I can't start the campaign, only a module-representing circle appears in zeus).

Other stuff:

I have the time-acceleration setting in the right mcc editor module set to 1x. But when we start the mission, the time acceleration is 12x. (Putting down the right zeus module fixes it).

The ambient module sometimes work, sometimes doesn't. I had it in the mission, set to 25%. I was hosting, we traveled through half of Altis, but no encounters (I watched it in mcc the whole time, no enemy icons). I had a crash (unrelated), so I restarted, now on dedi, but that before I changed the probability to 50%. We played 5-6 hours but still no ambient enemies.

Two days later I started it again with the exact same settings, and no changes to the mission. This time lots of roaming csat everywhere on the map. Even after server restart, it worked right.

Thanks! :)

Starcos - make sure you are running MCC version 4.16. The most latest hot fix version that was released broke the MCC Zeus modules on dedicated servers.

So Shay just some feed back for you first the good stuff:

The Campaign is freaking fantastic. It is loads of fun. I initially looked passed it the first time I tried it as it seemed overly complicated and I figured I could make a better using the mission generator and a few custom made zones. While I think there is nothing like a good old fashioned custom mission the campaign missions, resource management and base building was loads of fun. We set it up so everyone could gear up how they wanted at the start and that would be that. Plus we spawned in a few initial Humvee.
The base building takes a little getting used to initially (once you enable RTS in Mission Settings) but it all makes logical sense. To me the best part was as a few days past and you start getting infamy, the AI start patrolling and even assaulting your base.

Everyone who has tried the campaign I urge you to stick it out for multiple days, even if you leave your server running for a few days. Things really get interesting and there are loads of upgrades you can make to your base.

The only issue I had was in the campaign settings at the beginning I set our side to RHS Army Desert and enemy side RHS Russians. The enemy worked fine, all missions were Russian based etc. However recruiting our own units it only spawned Vanilla NATO units. Also when breaking down Resource Cache it seemed to only spawn Vanilla ammo. So we had to keep an Arsenal at base for people to keep rearming themselves after a few missions.

Hey. Had a question. I set up a mission folder using esseker map. It worked on my pc but when I tried it with my ds i couldnt pull up mcc. Is that something with mcc and ds on esseker?

Jandrews you have to give it about 10-14 seconds to log into MCC on a DS.

Here is a couple of pics of our base camp, things are coming along nicely in a Lingor Campaign

tkH0FiT.jpg?1

9Q8v9BZ.jpg?1

Here is the fix i've promised.

Also introduced two new features including the undercover agents.

I really need to get some time to work on the Wiki there is a lot to explain on how to customize the RTS part of MCC, and i'll get there soon but to make it short one can easily customize the RTS part in terms of what units/vehicle to spawn and what abilities each building/unit has. 

BTW i've added the Undercover agents wiki here: http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Undercover_Agents

Change log r16 hotfix:

- Added: In RTS mode the commander can take first person control over it's units. 
- Added: Undercover Agents module (2D or Zeus) covert units into undercover agents , wiki will come soon. You can holster a handgun and get close to enemy units without raising suspicious. Getting to close to an enemy, crouching, proning, running around or drawing your handgun will blow your cover. 
- Fixed: login hang bug.
- Fixed: MCC Zeus's modules worked globaly. 
- Fixed: MCC Zeus module duplicated on all clients.
- Fixed: Unable to use parachute while role selection on. 
- Fixed: Armed civilian error spamming the RPT.

MCC wiki is here : http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/MCCSandbox_Wiki

Download Link - MP Mission version - Stratis:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk1makz2q2vnfpn/mcc_sandbox.Stratis.pbo

Download Link - MP Mission version - Altis:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d25xly1ln63dgd6/mcc_sandbox.altis.pbo

Download Link - MP/SP Mod version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbpinx8knu5fw42/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

Thank you for the latest update.  It's nice to have access to the Commander's Console again.   :)

Two items when I use the Mission Generator to create a quick single player mission:

1)  The level of shading of the Zones is so intense that the map becomes unusable during the mission.  The zones overlapping create a completely blacked out region of the map where the objectives are located.  Would it be possible to lighten or remove the shading so the map would be usable?

2) When I create disable an IED as an objective, while the location of the IED is not visible on the map when I select "No" to show locations, the location of the corresponding ambush is visible on the map, effectively spoiling the "surprise".  Would it be possible to hide the ambush marker as well as the IED location?

Thanks for an outstanding mod.

Thank you for the latest update.  It's nice to have access to the Commander's Console again.   :)

Two items when I use the Mission Generator to create a quick single player mission:

1)  The level of shading of the Zones is so intense that the map becomes unusable during the mission.  The zones overlapping create a completely blacked out region of the map where the objectives are located.  Would it be possible to lighten or remove the shading so the map would be usable?

2) When I create disable an IED as an objective, while the location of the IED is not visible on the map when I select "No" to show locations, the location of the corresponding ambush is visible on the map, effectively spoiling the "surprise".  Would it be possible to hide the ambush marker as well as the IED location?

Thanks for an outstanding mod.

You can just logout of MCC once you have made the mission so you shouldn't see any markers on the map.

BTW i've added the Undercover agents wiki here: http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Undercover_Agents

If we want to make a on-the-spot landing,can you add so that we can just turn on our strobelight ,and that happens? Very useful,indeed.

Could you add "find the pilot"-type missions?   Where we must search a whole area for him,no map-markers or such.Persistent world,maybe?

Any plans to incorporate some sort of Sam-sites?  Or at least,Gun-enplacements as placeable items? Or at least make AA have a setting that control chance of appearing ?That something actually shoots at planes during CAS.

Could it be possible to add a "race-track" map-marker that mark a patrol-area instead of WP,for Air? I need some sort of aircraft editor that let me pic weapons.....

Can you use several brushes at one time?  Really poor weather ....

Auto-spawned aa-assets-right now ,you never see much of that.  There isn`t much surprise attacks on Air.

Something I noticed, when you spawn a garrison a lot of troops won't show up on Zeus.

There is a small script that re-adds units to Zeus but this requires the Zeus module name, is there a build in one for the MCC Zeus or should I just place a Zeus module on the MCC map ?

I'm not sure what causes this, I know that if you garrison a large area you might run into the group limit. It would be nice if it would group units together but I'm not sure if Arma can handle this as it tends to force groups into formations.

There is a small script that re-adds units to Zeus but this requires the Zeus module name, is there a build in one for the MCC Zeus or should I just place a Zeus module on the MCC map ?

If you run the standalone version (mod) then there will be a MCC menu branch in Zeus with a module to add units to Zeus.

Outstanding mod, was wondering if the "join group" button allows AI groups to join player controlled groups. I've tried to several times to have an M1 or mortar group join my group but after I select both groups and hit join group, it just continues to flash.

It's nice to have access to the Commander's Console again.   :)

?!

Is it an item again? Not a 'role'? Can you provide a class name for that?

If you run the standalone version (mod) then there will be a MCC menu branch in Zeus with a module to add units to Zeus.

Unfort I have to make due with the script version for reasons.

Other stuff:

I have the time-acceleration setting in the right mcc editor module set to 1x. But when we start the mission, the time acceleration is 12x. (Putting down the right zeus module fixes it).

The ambient module sometimes work, sometimes doesn't. I had it in the mission, set to 25%. I was hosting, we traveled through half of Altis, but no encounters (I watched it in mcc the whole time, no enemy icons). I had a crash (unrelated), so I restarted, now on dedi, but that before I changed the probability to 50%. We played 5-6 hours but still no ambient enemies.

Two days later I started it again with the exact same settings, and no changes to the mission. This time lots of roaming csat everywhere on the map. Even after server restart, it worked right.

Thanks! :)

Funny, I reported these two issues, but I forgot the most frustrating one. :)

So, we are playing a campaign. 

When a mission ends, after some minutes most of the stuff from the finished mission gets deleted. The problem is that not only those stuffs. Even the car/helicopter disappears in what we came. Even when we sit in it... 

Imagine how fun, that you exfil after a mission well done, and suddenly the chopper disappears under you midair. Or the car, and you find yourself speeding 60 km/h on your ass ;) It hurts :)

Is it possible to make only the generated stuff to disappear? Or at least to spare those vehicles that have players in them? :)

Thank you!

@shay_gman

after the last version update (r16 and next hotfixes) we're experiencing some problem.

Aside the already different numbers of unity placed as CQB, we had in the past 2 clan events that some units disappeared after some minutes after the mission generation (I can't , at the moment, be more precise in term of time range because I didn't check it, the units were created and when we were near the hot zone we didn't see anyone and checked with the MCC console I saw that most of the half of the units disappeared).

We also had the problem that the target to kill HVT was resolved by itself after some minutes.

I don't know if it's related with the units disappearing. Just to report what we had.

You say that you didn't touch anything at the mission generation code and obviously I believe this but in any  case I haven't the same experience as the previous version.

Just to report some further infos we use ASR, ACE, ACRE2, CBA.

Thanks in advance.

Marcatore, I've never had that problem mate, I play with MCC on Dedicated Server almost everyday with our group on a number of maps with plenty of mods.

I would suggest you download and upload the mod version of MCC from the Github link.

Variable '_this does not support serialization.

Call 'disableSerialization' in the current script

(maybe 'MCC_fnc_boxMakeWeaponsArray') if you need to use it.

I'm sorry, i'm new to the "mod universe" and i got this error every first time i open the cargobox on my base (mcc campaign).

Sorry my bad english.